MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there area where Elizabeth's body was found just a bit too close to a residential area to be considered safe for deer hunting? I know nothing about hunting, but that rumor seems incorrect to me.

BMM

This is the EXACT charge!

ST V MLB
Description: Possession Of Up To 35 Grams Marijuana { Misdemeanor A RSMo: 195.202 } Date: 07/31/2009
She plead quilty and recieved two years unsupervised probation.

I get that it says marijuana. What I am saying is this, Missouri codes misdemeanor drug charges, even if it isn't marijuana, as this specific code. Felony drug charges are also given a specific code, marijuana or not. My boss, a criminal attorney, explained it to us the other day.

It could have been any drug she was in possession of. It may very well have been pot. However, I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have been offered a diversion program and one year of probation if it was her first mis. drug charge, and it was in fact marijuana.

I agree Mojen. I had a speeding ticket in Missouri (no, I'm not on casenet LOL) and it was reduced to defective equipment. I said I didn't have defective equipment as I was afraid I'd have to make a repair on something that wasn't broken. They said they did that to avoid points on my license. I think they can charge you with whatever they feel like. Sometimes drug possession charges are reduced to a paraphernalia charge.

Isn't there area where Elizabeth's body was found just a bit too close to a residential area to be considered safe for deer hunting? I know nothing about hunting, but that rumor seems incorrect to me.

Hard to say until we know exactly where the body was found. IF there was a camera set up it would make it easier when this case goes to court. IMHO if that is the case, I would think if someone else was involved they would have made an arrest by how.

Where the camera is set up is not necessarily the exact spot where someone would deer hunt. Those cameras are used for tracking deer and getting an idea as to where deer may be in the general area, what size deer may be around, etc. The hunter would, I hope, hunt at the proper distance away from the residential area.

Where the camera is set up is not necessarily the exact spot where someone would deer hunt. Those cameras are used for tracking deer and getting an idea as to where deer may be in the general area, what size deer may be around, etc. The hunter would, I hope, hunt at the proper distance away from the residential area.

Thanks! As I said, I am NO hunter! Far from it!

I get that it says marijuana. What I am saying is this, Missouri codes misdemeanor drug charges, even if it isn't marijuana, as this specific code. Felony drug charges are also given a specific code, marijuana or not. My boss, a criminal attorney, explained it to us the other day.

It could have been any drug she was in possession of. It may very well have been pot. However, I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have been offered a diversion program and one year of probation if it was her first mis. drug charge, and it was in fact marijuana.

I'm assuming her previous DUI was taken into account in sentencing. Her probation includes not consuming alcohol or being in a place where alcohol is consumed. Interesting note..a $50 payment against her DUI fine was made a few days ago.

I know it is different in other place but I am pretty sure here in WNY you can fire a hunting rifle after 400 yards from a residence. I of course have the distinct pleasure of living in a house that has hunting grounds (similar to the woods at the SofTC ) on the side and back. I have had irresponsible hunters fire closer than that. There really isn't anything that LE can do about it. I can understand that 1. they don't want to go out in the woods on a wild goose chase 2. even if they did find a hunter who is to say it was that one. All they can do is tell me to stay out of the backyard and keep pets in as much as possible.

I agree Mojen. I had a speeding ticket in Missouri (no, I'm not on casenet LOL) and it was reduced to defective equipment. I said I didn't have defective equipment as I was afraid I'd have to make a repair on something that wasn't broken. They said they did that to avoid points on my license. I think they can charge you with whatever they feel like. Sometimes drug possession charges are reduced to a paraphernalia charge.

If you get a ticket in Kansas where Kelsey Smith disappeared from, you can get a speeding ticket reduced to illegal parking. You are lucky you were stopped by a local police officer and not Highway Patrol! You would be on CaseNet then. :takeoff:

lbminnesota - you are right! I forgot about the DUI. Her drug charge is from Water Patrol, so she was boating and drugging.

Isn't there area where Elizabeth's body was found just a bit too close to a residential area to be considered safe for deer hunting?

Depends on the hunter and the type of hunting. The only thing that would have been in season in Missouri at that time was archery.

As we might say in Missouri, make sure you have your hip waders on if you plan to investigate the deer camera angle. ;)

Must be the season for horrendous crimes in mid-Missouri.

This is not related to the EO case, but this man was arrested about 30 miles N of Jefferson City. An entire family is being investigated for rape, incest and murder. This may eventually deserve its own thread because the apparent scope of this thing is unbelievable.

There was one paragraph that explained a bit about LDS and the reorganized sect that is prominent in Missouri.

"Three of the five men arrested, including Jared Mohler, are lay ministers in the Community of Christ church whose licenses have been suspended, church spokeswoman Linda L. Booth said. The Community of Christ, headquartered in Independence, split from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1860 and was known as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints until 2001."

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2009/nov/11/family-arrested-in-sex-abuse-inquiry/

Yeah, I read that earlier today, Bibliophile. An entire family of pedophiles. :sick:

You should have seen the police digging around their old property yesterday. It was crazy.

One of the guy's wife is saying the charges are unfounded and are just the result of a scorned exwife.

Must be the season for horrendous crimes in mid-Missouri.

This is not related to the EO case, but this man was arrested about 30 miles N of Jefferson City. An entire family is being investigated for rape, incest and murder. This may eventually deserve its own thread because the apparent scope of this thing is unbelievable.

There was one paragraph that explained a bit about LDS and the reorganized sect that is prominent in Missouri.

"Three of the five men arrested, including Jared Mohler, are lay ministers in the Community of Christ church whose licenses have been suspended, church spokeswoman Linda L. Booth said. The Community of Christ, headquartered in Independence, split from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1860 and was known as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints until 2001."

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2009/nov/11/family-arrested-in-sex-abuse-inquiry/

I agree... Can we move this post and related posts to a new thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne