MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AB's face is already plastered all ver the internet. :high five:

Can we name AB by her name now? I think a mod will sign in soon and let us know what's allowed.

Not to be a wet blanket but I totally agree with crimecurious: I would be shocked if the Judge rendered any decision today. We'll learn some important facts about the case but we won't know the outcome of this hearing.

I don't think there is much doubt that he will transfer the case for trial as an adult but, if for nothing other than appearance's sake, he will take some time to review the reports and deliberate after today's hearing. I'm almost positive these certification decisions are not appealable so he doesn't need to worry about the embarassment of being overturned but, let's face it, he's an elected judge and this may be one of the most high profile cases he may ever get, he will want to rule quickly enough so that people will view him as tough and decisive but not so quickly that anyone can claim he thoughtlessly railroaded a juvenile.

I hear everyone's concerns about cover-ups being behind the secrecy but I really think this is more about an elected sheriff and prosecutor not wanting to give the defense a chance to argue that the local jury pool is tainted. The prosecutor wants to make sure this case doesn't get removed to a distant venue and that it gets tried in his home court where he can get credit in front of his electorate. And who wants to be known as the Sheriff who let Elizabeth Olten's killer walk because he couldn't keep his mouth shut?

I'm sorry,but I have to dissagree with ya on this one..and this is my opinion ofcorse,,but I would think since the judge opened the court room,to the public,he had his decision made before they ever went in. Plus,this bein so high profile,,he knows the public is on 'pins n needles' to hear "something" the media is gonna be on him,as well as the public,,(who by the way) voted him in office. I don't think he's gonna worry about people thinkin he railroaded anybody on this one. I do however agree that he'll keep the case here in town. things like this I believe he'll want to keep home,local.
again,,this is just my opinion.

Yes tgrlaw, I truly believe my information is accurate. What the NT has printed doesn't change the facts it just puts everything more in prospective that things are being covered up. The NT printed the Sheriff and JCPD both say Currie's death was not related. I believe I can get documented proof that is public record. However, the documented proof will only substantiate what I was told and not prove his death was in fact related. It would be impossible to actually prove this unless he left a suicide note - which I have not been told exsists. Believe me I don't want to post information that is just "rumors" I also want cold hard proof....I just think we all have to work together before the records are "poof" gone!

Hi Mominjc, I trust that Trish had good reason for not letting you post your information

How can we work together? Perhaps I misunderstood, but I am willing to work to get to the truth :) It sounds like that your documented proof of what you were told would allow you to post what you were told right?

Just got off the phone with Jodibug, who has been (needlessly) outside the courthouse since midnight last night to ensure she got in. Per Jodibug: Those who were there this morning were given a pass to return at 1 p.m. for some kind of criminal hearing with ab. She did say that the 2 graves were confirmed, and that ab admitted one was specifically for Elizabeth, although there was no provocation at all on Elizabeth's part. AB also verified that she just wanted to know what it felt like...

*** This information was relayed to me by Jodibug (my sister) who has just left the courthouse following the certification hearing. *** I'm sure she will be here soon to update you all more thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx