MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the Westboro Baptist Church is going to be in town through tomorrow as well. Great. Just to update, they will be at Helias, William Woods and "The Gate of Iniquity" (whatever that is???) in JC tomorrow.

Thaks. I may just drop my warhead on their grass. I know I was taught not to hate but I hate those idiots.

Due to the security concerns I would be surprised if AB was at court. It would be the wise thing to do by having her on teleconference.

I do hope she is tried as an adult and I hope they do not plea bargain down to anything that would allow AB to ever live in the free world again. Sorry if this seems harsh but some things need an eye for an eye.

Can we expect a decision regarding AB's status after the hearing tomorrow or will that come later? TIA.

Normally the Judge will take it under advisement and issue a decision later. In this case I am not sure if he will rule tommorow or if he wants to take his time. From my understanding of Judge Beetem he doesn't mess around and normally sides with the prosecution.

Is Judge Beetem the same judge that said this hearing would be open to the public?

Normally the Judge will take it under advisement and issue a decision later. In this case I am not sure if he will rule tommorow or if he wants to take his time. From my understanding of Judge Beetem he doesn't mess around and normally sides with the prosecution.

This Judge might be somewhat familiar with the family, as I know he presided over the second custody hearing in 2007, and seems to have had followups each year after -- not sure if I read the dockets correctly. I do not remember who presided over the AB and the twins custody hearing, as the records went poof shortly after this all happened. I am not sure that anyone got a copy.

I have no idea if his experience with this family previously would make any difference to this case; I am just throwing this fact out there :)

This Judge might be somewhat familiar with the family, as I know he presided over the second custody hearing in 2007, and seems to have had followups each year after -- not sure if I read the dockets correctly. I do not remember who presided over the AB and the twins custody hearing, as the records went poof shortly after this all happened. I am not sure that anyone got a copy.

I have no idea if his experience with this family previously would make any difference to this case; I am just throwing this fact out there :)

If that is the case I am sure that he would have excused himself by now.

It's not a conflict for a judge to hear multiple cases regarding a particular individual or family. If that was the case nothing would ever happen, because the same offenders are up before the same judge very often. The judge would have conflict if it were his family member or former partner or such.

My sister just told me that that church group that protests at soldier’s funerals saying “God hates Gays” was at JCHS today. She heard this from her son, but she doesn't know why they were there.

I seriously hope that those idiots aren't assuming that all kids at JCHS are a bunch of psychos, or God hating, devil worshipping, Goth, Jugallos, or whatever, based on the actions of ONE PERSON.

I don't know if that place is a No No here to link to but here are snips of places for tomorrow. If this is not ok I will delete.

11/18/2009 07:30 AM - 08:00 AM Jefferson City, MO Helias High School
11/18/2009 08:00 AM - 08:30 AM Jefferson City, MO William Woods University
11/18/2009 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM Jefferson City, MO The Gate Of Iniquity

It does not appear that they will be outside of the courthouse. If anyone does come across them DO NOT ENGAGE! Do not even look at them if you can. Act as if they do not exsist. They try to get a rise out of people and so they can use it for their own agenda. They are also sue crazy. They are not doing anything illegal so LE can't make them leave. Once again DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS! They are there on these days because they know the community is already on edge.

I drove by the courthouse when I left the gym at 8pm. Fox News ch 38 and KRCG ch 13 are already set up outside the courthouse, 12 hours before the hearing.

Now I'm off to get a couple hours sleep before I go get in line. Hopefully I won't be too late.

It's not a conflict for a judge to hear multiple cases regarding a particular individual or family. If that was the case nothing would ever happen, because the same offenders are up before the same judge very often. The judge would have conflict if it were his family member or former partner or such.

Yes, I would not think so either
Judge Beetum has seen this family before
This family in general is not unfamiliar with the MO courtroom

I've been reading the posts on this story on ws for about a week. I live in Jefferson City. I don't know either family involved. And I know almost nothing about this case because almost nothing has been reported by the local media. The "in depth coverage" that KRCG advertised for tonight's 10 PM news cast was simply restating information they reported the first week.

This is a horrendous case. A little kid was murdered, probably by a teenage girl. I'm very disturbed that supposedly in order to protect the identity of the juvenile accused of the killing, the media has a self-imposed gag order. After tomorrow's hearing will they have more excuses for not reporting on this case?

My questions are: was the juvenile court, department of social services or other agencies involved with the family of the alleged murderer? I have no sympathy for the alleged killer. But if we are doing such a poor job of putting problem kids in appropriate placements that they kill neighborhood children, then this will happen again. The news media refusing to report on this case only makes it more likely that we will never identify problems that were part of this case, and this will happen again.

I don't want a witch hunt of social workers or juvenile officers. I do want a real examination of what went wrong here, and I do want us to figure out what we need to do to prevent another case like this.

For those who go to the hearing tomorrow, I look forward to seeing what you report. Since the News Tribune, KRCG, KMIZ and KMOU will probably only report worthless tidbits, I'm counting of you guys for relevant information.

Just something to ponder ---

I had occasion to speak with some other local residents this weekend. One thing that was discussed that I thought may be of interest to WS'ers is that AB and EO may have had a sort of history. It may have been because of their previous interactions and/or EO's interactions with AB's younger siblings - but these locals believed she was a target because there were specific reasons why AB did not like EO. I mention this only because we had previously discussed this being a "thrill kill" and I also wondered if some of the written evidence obtained by LE made reference to previous altercations.

Given AB's emotional instability, I wonder if she took her role of big sister defending her siblings too far?

HI...I have been thinking about this crime....and I do think this was a girl with an unstable and insecure background going thru a "dark" period as teenagers do.......I am 44 and as a teenager my favourite songs were Marianne Faithfull Sister Morphine and Alice Cooper "Steven"...(about a dead guy) and I think I am perfectly sane....

anyhow I do beleive this was more than a thrill kill..........I truly beleive there was an intense dislike of EO from AB......and in her dark period it has very tragically involved into something more....

I do know what it feels like to intensely dislike someone who is around you a lot........there have been a couple of times I havent liked people but you tend to ignore......but only once it has happened that I truly hated someone and it can become obessive.......I really think that it was EO specifically that AB targeted due to some form of hatred......

Hearing for Olten Murder Suspect Today

A judge will decide whether the 15-year-old girl will be tried as a juvenile or an adult.

The hearing will begin at 8:00 a.m., and ABC 17's Greg Dingrando will be in the courtroom during the hearing. Find out the results immediately on KMIZ.com and watch ABC 17 News for the latest information on the case.

SNIPPED
http://www.abc17news.com/news/story.php?id=15497

Drove by the Courthouse about 10 mins ago on my way to work. I was expecting crowds and lines. But there just seemed to be 3 news trucks and about 6 people standing on the steps. I was wondering if they'd already let people in to get out of the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx