MO - Four similar homicides on Indian Creek Trail in Kansas City Aug 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for sharing the video.

JMO
I think its very possible this person could be involved based on a few things from the video.

The fast paced walk seems to show he is on a mission. He has a backpack that could hide the weapon.

His hand in his pocket while walking is unusual to me. Its interesting to note that the killer of the 2 girls on the bridge in Indiana also had his hand or hands in his pocket while walking on his video picture frame.

I think its possible the killer of the 4 people has a vendetta against either dogs or maybe gay people if its true that some of the areas are known as gay hangouts like someone mentioned.

I think it could be that he hates dogs and people walking their dogs because maybe he got bit by a dog that was on the trail or bit somewhere else by a dog.

If it was something along those lines then a killer like that may have finally thought he got enough revenge and he may not kill again which could explain the lack of more killings. The scary thing though is he could snap again at any time and start killing again.

I hope LE solves this case soon and arrests the person responsible.

Also, I wonder if the killer wakes up one morning and decides to go out with the intent to find someone to kill OR if he snaps when he sees them.

I haven't read through the whole post so forgive me if I mention something that was already discussed.

Someone above mentioned that the killer may hate dogs.. if that were the case, then both the man and his dog(s) would be killed. Wouldn't the dog or dogs bark at someone that would attack their owner? Unless... they are familiar with the person.

The age and race of the victims leads me to believe, in my opinion, that the killer prefers a certain type of victim. Surely, other people walk their dog or dogs along that same path? Then again, this is just my opinion, just speculating.

If there's one killer, he or she is an organized killer -- not one who sees, then snaps.

These are targets of opportunity.

If there's one killer, he or she may be killing just to get away with it.

So far so good.

A “serial killer” is one who kills three or more people with a “cooling-off period” of a week or more between each murder

If we have a Serial Killer in KC, I believe it is a male based on statistics. Also, the first kill was likely near his place of employment. As Nick wrote, the SK has a comfort zone.

Are you mentioning me when you say, "Nick?"

I haven't read through the whole post so forgive me if I mention something that was already discussed.

Someone above mentioned that the killer may hate dogs.. if that were the case, then both the man and his dog(s) would be killed. Wouldn't the dog or dogs bark at someone that would attack their owner? Unless... they are familiar with the person.

The age and race of the victims leads me to believe, in my opinion, that the killer prefers a certain type of victim. Surely, other people walk their dog or dogs along that same path? Then again, this is just my opinion, just speculating.

Yeah I posted on here pretty regularly when I first learned of this case. I totally missed the homosexual/possible animal connection? How did that start?

I was tired last night, my notes and thoughts were a bit abbrietaved ;). Nonetheless, thank you for your kind words. As Comissioner Kelly used to say, "Precautions either have or will be occurring. Some of these you will notice, some these you will not." As for the deterrence factor, I'd presume they placed trail style cameras in the wooded or vegetational areas. Heavily dependent on offender type with regards to if he will strike in this area again. The escalation and tight clustering of cases leads me to hypothesize; maybe. I don't think he'll hit the same spots or close to them. The lack of suspect description or vehicle information gives the perpetrator a great amount of anonymity. I am kind of wondering if this, "John Smith," the nice guy who runs on the trail every morning, has a family etc. The victims may not know the man per say, but the trail community from what I know isn't huge. Maybe the victims gave a friendly morning wave to this, "John Smith," every so often. If you see a man in a mask running at you down the trail armed, you're going to run the other way. But what if you saw a guy like, "John Smith," with earbuds in, running shoes and his usual yellow top? Your behavior would remain the same. More on this theory later tonight.

-Nick

Also, important.

Post # 90

You have a tight geography area where murders have occurred. This is his comfort zone. Once again, if he is wearing runner's clothes without any sort of concealing garment, he never will stick out; on camera or not on camera.

If he strikes again elsewhere, that tells you something about the offender, too. A need to strike, maybe?

Gotta stop crimes where bad guys are known to hang out. If they move, so do you.

A “serial killer” is one who kills three or more people with a “cooling-off period” of a week or more between each murder

If we have a Serial Killer in KC, I believe it is a male based on statistics. Also, the first kill was likely near his place of employment. As Nick wrote, the SK has a comfort zone.

Are you mentioning me when you say, "Nick?"

Yes, I did mention your username.

I'm told that video is from right behind the Thai House Restaurant, 99th and Holmes, looking west.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...2d5cf927558ac7!8m2!3d38.9465816!4d-94.5830138

Darby was killed
on the Indian Creek Trail between Holmes and Wornall.

The person walking in the video is walking on the trail adjacent to a wire fence that is directly behind a white building. There is no fence directly behind the Thai House restaurant and the back of the building is red.

http://imgur.com/a/6yS0c

The video shows a figure with a backpack walking down a path along Indian Creek Trail the same day Darby was murdered. The video appears to have been recorded at 5:47 a.m. Police found Darby's body around 6:30 a.m. that day after he was discovered by a bicyclist.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/06/27/kc-pol...-information-regarding-man-murdered-on-trail/

I would like to find the location where he is walking.

Hey, I am new to this site, but very interested in the Indian Creek Trail murders because I live in the area. Am getting nervous that nothing has come yet publicly regarding that video of the guy walking on the trail. He was walking on the trail behind the building that Lamar's Donuts is in at 99th and Holmes. He was just a little west of the Thai House restaurant. I walked on the trail myself and noted things to look for on the video to verify it. I am positive that is the location. You can see a corner of a metal box of some sort and a dumpster at the right of the trail near where the trail curves off to the left. I am 5'6" and stood next to the fence. It was only a couple of inches taller than me. So, the guy in the video is not tall. I walked down to Mike Darby's memorial site, which is just along the trail farther west (trail goes down a hill and then curves around here and there). I recognized it as the murder site that I had seen on pictures taken from the air after the murder. There were 3 policeman walking east, which was nice to see, but otherwise no one else around. Very eerie. The location of the memorial site is an open area, but it is fairly isolated and away from the medical building and apartments that are located around there. When I walked back to the Lamar's building, I timed myself and tried to walk roughly the pace of the guy in the video. It took me about 8 minutes to get to the point of where that guy was when the video ended, which was shocking to me. I thought it would take less time than that. Anyway, the video ended at 5:47:31. Add 8 minutes and you get 5:55:31 to put that guy in the spot where the murder occurred. According to news reports, Mike Darby let workers into his restaurant at 6 so they could repair some booths. He then walked on the trail with his dogs. It would have taken him a few minutes to get over to that spot. I have not timed myself walking that yet, but I would say 5 - 7 minutes. Anyway, just giving you this info to see if it helps anyone put a timeline together of what might have happened. If the guy in the video was not involved, my opinion is that he should have seen something. The fact that he did not come forward is suspicious. Regarding the video, I tend to pay close attention to the start of the video, and not so much later, when the movements are jerky and distorted. To me, it seems like a man -- young, but not a kid -- walking purposefully. I checked the metro bus schedule, to see if the guy was headed to catch a bus at 6 a.m., but I could not find any scheduled stop for that time along Wornall in that area. Also, I have often seen homeless asking motorists for money at Wornall and I-435, and often they have backpacks. So I wondered if he was headed over there to be in place for rush hour traffic. But the guy does not look like a homeless person to me. This case is so disturbing.

Hey, I am new to this site, but very interested in the Indian Creek Trail murders because I live in the area. Am getting nervous that nothing has come yet publicly regarding that video of the guy walking on the trail. He was walking on the trail behind the building that Lamar's Donuts is in at 99th and Holmes. He was just a little west of the Thai House restaurant. I walked on the trail myself and noted things to look for on the video to verify it. I am positive that is the location. You can see a corner of a metal box of some sort and a dumpster at the right of the trail near where the trail curves off to the left. I am 5'6" and stood next to the fence. It was only a couple of inches taller than me. So, the guy in the video is not tall. I walked down to Mike Darby's memorial site, which is just along the trail farther west (trail goes down a hill and then curves around here and there). I recognized it as the murder site that I had seen on pictures taken from the air after the murder. There were 3 policeman walking east, which was nice to see, but otherwise no one else around. Very eerie. The location of the memorial site is an open area, but it is fairly isolated and away from the medical building and apartments that are located around there. When I walked back to the Lamar's building, I timed myself and tried to walk roughly the pace of the guy in the video. It took me about 8 minutes to get to the point of where that guy was when the video ended, which was shocking to me. I thought it would take less time than that. Anyway, the video ended at 5:47:31. Add 8 minutes and you get 5:55:31 to put that guy in the spot where the murder occurred. According to news reports, Mike Darby let workers into his restaurant at 6 so they could repair some booths. He then walked on the trail with his dogs. It would have taken him a few minutes to get over to that spot. I have not timed myself walking that yet, but I would say 5 - 7 minutes. Anyway, just giving you this info to see if it helps anyone put a timeline together of what might have happened. If the guy in the video was not involved, my opinion is that he should have seen something. The fact that he did not come forward is suspicious. Regarding the video, I tend to pay close attention to the start of the video, and not so much later, when the movements are jerky and distorted. To me, it seems like a man -- young, but not a kid -- walking purposefully. I checked the metro bus schedule, to see if the guy was headed to catch a bus at 6 a.m., but I could not find any scheduled stop for that time along Wornall in that area. Also, I have often seen homeless asking motorists for money at Wornall and I-435, and often they have backpacks. So I wondered if he was headed over there to be in place for rush hour traffic. But the guy does not look like a homeless person to me. This case is so disturbing.

Welcome KCSunflower :)

:welcome5:

:goodpost:

Great first post KCSunflower!!
And good "field work", checking out the timing, location, height, hours, etc.
And, bringing your local knowledge helps a lot for those of us not familiar with the area.

Welcome.

Monday night when I got home around 6:30pm there were like 10 officers (said Police and ATF on their clothing) they were going door to door in Willow Creek Apartments with a picture of Lenox asking if first if we had knowledge of what happened and if we heard or saw anything that night in February he was shot. They said they were going to every door and they put things on doors of people not home saying to call them.
Nice to know they're still on it but wondered why didn't they do this earlier?

If it was in the Boston area, I'd say it's because they can't get witnesses to talk to them otherwise--either fear, or don't snitch mentality.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I've thought of doing this very same thing! But I was just too scared to go there!
Kudos to you! :tyou:

Update on Coach's Bar, for those who don't know what's been happening in the last few weeks.

We've been having terrible flooding in Kansas City and Coach's got flooded worse than ever before. On July 27, Mike Darby's son Brian and the other co-owner of Coach's had to be rescued out the roof of Coach's. They had gone there to get some of the items to higher ground, as they do every few years, because Indian Creek behind Coach's floods every few years. But this time it was worse than ever, and the water crashed into the walls and the two people inside had to climb up into the rafters.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/07/27/watch-live-two-people-rescued-from-coachs-ceiling-in-south-kc/

Which came first--the chicken (Coach's being so beloved by its loyal following) or the egg (Coach's pluckiness, having endured flood after flood and always rebuilding?) In any case, this time the damage was too great. The owners reluctantly decided not to try to rebuild this time.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/36091258/coachs-bar-grill-will-not-rebuild-following-recent-flooding

And then, on August 21, the area flooded AGAIN, this time setting a new record!

That location is cursed!

So very sorry for the Darby family and the Coach's family.

I just got a notification on my phone that there's a news conference at 3 p.m. central today. It says charges are expected in Indian Creek Trail murders. Unfortunately, I have a work meeting at 3 so hopefully someone else can watch the news conference and report. If not, I'll be back in about an hour and fifteen minutes to report what I can.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back