MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sources of the following posts are Daily Mail dot com (original), NYP, and other msm outlets.

About the mystery fifth man
• The mystery fifth man in JW house during their “party” actually exists and his name is AWL
• AWL has been “friends” of the victims Clayton McGeeney, 36, David Harrington, 37, and Ricky Johnson, 38, since high school
• AWL has maintained his friendships with the victims and JW from Park Hill High School
• A lot of pictures over times of AWL with the victims are made available
• AWL has a rap sheet that includes multiple drug offenses from multiple dates at multiple locations (this is important because Police would want to know who might have bring or brought "anything" to JW's residence)
• AttorneyAndrew Talge 1) represents AWL, 2) confirms AWL turned up at the house at 7pm and left at midnight when the four other men were watching Jeopardy, and 3) said that AWL texted JW on Tuesday (1/8) to alert him that Clayton McGeeney’ fiancé AM and Ricky Johnson's mother had contacted him (AWL) enquiring about their loved ones.

About the discovery of the bodies
• AM, the 34 yo fiancé of 12 years (sic!!) of victim Clayton McGeeney, 36, confirmed her identity and narrative in an interview with the Daily Mail
• After AM broke in the JW residence, she was horrified for finding David Harrington dead on the outside porch
• KSPD officers discovered her fiancé and Johnson dead in the backyard.

DailyMail dot com revealed about their communication with Police
• Kansas City police insist 1) the deaths are not being treated as homicides, 2) JW allowed his home to be searched and 3) JW went to be interviewed without a lawyer present
• Police told family members that they had to wait for the bodies to thaw out before they could do an autopsy
• Crucial toxicology reports on the victims' bodies will not be ready for at least another four weeks
• The tests are being carried out at Frontier Forensics Midwest, a privately owned forensic and autopsy facility that provides services for authorities in Kansas and Missouri
• One unnamed investigator told Daily Mail 'They (toxicology) take at least six to eight weeks, and it's been less than two. Any information that is released from them will go through Kansas City police.'
• Police captain Jake Becchina stated: 1) First and foremost, this case is 100% NOT being investigated as a homicide. There have not been any arrests (or) charges, and no one is in custody. And 2) The resident at the house was cooperative with detectives the day the deceased were discovered.

About some statements of Clayton McGeeney’s family members
• A lot of details about the deceased’s personal life are revealed, which you may check in Daily Mail but I will not report here
• Clayton McGeeney worked in the construction company of his uncle JM, 70 yo
• Uncle JM said 1) at 2am on Monday, they were alive (this confirms what JW’s lawyer said but I don’t know if electronic records and/or police investigation allowed them to be so sure) and “[…] that many hours. You are looking at 2am Monday to 10pm Tuesday.” (Police reports say they discovered the 3 bodies at 9:51 pm on Tuesday 1/9, which timed interval amounts to about 44 hours.)
• The uncle conceded drug taking could have been a factor (this is important because Police would want to know who might have bring or brought "anything" to JW's residence, and who might have ingested what from whom.)

DailyMail dot com looked for JW
• As JW remains out of sight, DailyMail dot com knocked at the suburban home of RW, his 74 yo father to inquire after him
• The parent yelled '*advertiser censored** off' before slamming the door
• Scientist JW’s dogs were at his father’s residence.

Several of these items reported from Daily Mail's inquiries are not new (already discussed at large here at this ws forum), but just the confirmation of Daily Mail, NYP, and other msm seem valuable. It is hoped that more of the seemingly conflicting details would be clarified as some of the above as time progresses. For instance, I do not comprehend why would it be impossible that 1) JW ushered his friends to the door, say at 1:45 am on Monday 1/8, but 2) they somehow remained in his residence 15 more minutes doing the "anything" they are used to do, but they would not do in their own home in front of the mother of their children, or fiance of 12 years, and/or their young children.
But feel free to disagree, please.

Last edited:
I don't understand the consideration of carbon monoxide being the COD which usually occurs inside a room, house, or car. The men were outside. If they were exposed to carbon monoxide inside and dragged out, then how come the dragger didn't also die from it? MOO, doubt it was carbon monoxide.

Indeed. And we don't turn the porch light off until we see they are safely in their vehicles and have driven out of sight.
I do not believe that JW walked them to the door. I do not believe they ever left. It possibly was a way for JW to virtue signal a story of how they left. Different generations may have different types of social gatherings. I just know generation X, and the term "Show them the Door" comes to mind. Also never let a friend drive drunk, or under the influence. My virtue is I have fought some keys away from people in my life, and gave them a pillow, and blanket. Also walked them to a couch to sleep it off. JMO

Last edited:
Who's to say the 5th guy didn't see some sort of reaction setting in with the rest of them and decided to leave in case it got worse. For instance, did any of them begin to vomit in the house before midnight. Maybe he saw signs of OD and he scrammed. What made him want to leave. Did he drive home while under the influence? All pure speculation on my part. MOO.

Who's to say the 5th guy didn't see some sort of reaction setting in with the rest of them and decided to leave in case it got worse. For instance, did any of them begin to vomit in the house before midnight. Maybe he saw signs of OD and he scrammed. What made him want to leave. Did he drive home while under the influence? All pure speculation on my part. MOO.
Also why didn't he have the same possible reaction? He was getting calls the next day. He was calling JW. To my knowledge no response from JW. At this point why didn't he go over to check on his friends? The families of the victims called friend 5. Unless he already knew. Your right. MOO

Last edited:
with hypothermia, you lose use of your limbs, have great difficulty getting out of a chair, walking, opening doors etc as explained wayyy upthread.

you become incapacitated, quickly, sleepy etc and are unable to go inside or go get help. You fall asleep….

toxicology tests will have the answers, I’m betting on super drunk, outside without coats, hypothermia got them. Yes, all at once.
That scenario doesn't explain why they were outside though? And I don't believe it was cold enough for hypothermia to set in after only being outside for a few minutes. Something prompted them to be outside in the back yard. Did they exit through the front door and then all of them decided to go sleep it off in the back yard? That's a possibility I suppose. Were the keys to someone's car still in the coat left behind inside and they couldn't get into their car? Did it snow before they went into the yard? Footsteps would still be visible to some degree even after a snowstorm. Depressions in/under the snow. I"m sure the police checked that during their initial investigation. MOO.

You almost never hear of alcohol poisoning case for men that age and size so it is somewhat unbelievable that all three would have lost consciousness at the same time without one being able to get back inside to call for help. I read that one body was found near the back porch and the other two were further away in the yard? I'm wondering why they weren't closer together. Why wander further away from the house if you're in distress? I don't think they went out to throw the football around at that late hour.
Probably because one saw the other 2 drop, and tried to make it back into the house before dropping himself on the back patio area.

Also why didn't he have the same possible reaction? He was getting calls the next day. He was calling JW. To my knowledge no response from JW. At this point why didn't he go over to check on his friends? The families of the victims called friend 5. Unless he already knew. Your right. MOO
Good question! The 5th guy left at midnight on Sunday, so all day Monday then all day Tuesday goes by and the 5th guy doesn't go back to check on his friends, even after getting calls from concerned family, and even after he himself says he called Willis. Wouldn't he be concerned for all of their safety since Willis doesn't answer the phone either? All 4 of his friends cannot be located by him and he doesn't go back over to check things out. Very peculiar imo.

Good question! The 5th guy left at midnight on Sunday, so all day Monday then all day Tuesday goes by and the 5th guy doesn't go back to check on his friends, even after getting calls from concerned family, and even after he himself says he called Willis. Wouldn't he be concerned for all of their safety since Willis doesn't answer the phone either? All 4 of his friends cannot be located by him and he doesn't go back over to check things out. Very peculiar imo.
The fifth friend is reported to have drug charges, the picture is becoming clearer. Friend 5 also said JW had his dogs in the home. The fiancee went over, and banged on the door. It is stated she could not get into the fence. She would of heard the dogs, and may not have broke in. Yet she broke into the basement, and went out of the home to get into the fenced in area. So no dogs in the home.

RSBM
In the previous thread I mentioned the very first time I drank whisky and ended up being extremely Ill for two days. I was literally in bed for two days, except to go to the bathroom, I even called the family doctor for a home visit. I'm not sure if it was alcohol poisoning or some kind of strange allergic reaction, but I was seriously under it. I have never drunk whisky again. Yet the point I am making is, I can believe he was in bed for two days because it happened to me and it was literally alcohol, no drugs.
Yes, I am a former heavy drinker (now sober), and my hangovers would often last 2 days! Especially in my 30’s!

IMO there is plausible deniability for the surviving friend for many reasons.

MOO - if he has a history of using he may have had a tolerance built up that the others didn’t have.

There have been a few news stories linked in this thread where a group of people all died or nearly died at the same time from fentanyl. I was wondering if anyone has seen similar news stories where a group of people have died at the same time from alcohol? I had no idea that this was a thing (re fentanyl) and wondering if it's also a thing with alcohol that I didn't know about either.

There have been a few news stories linked in this thread where a group of people all died or nearly died at the same time from fentanyl. I was wondering if anyone has seen similar news stories where a group of people have died at the same time from alcohol? I had no idea that this was a thing (re fentanyl) and wondering if it's also a thing with alcohol that I didn't know about either.
I’ve read many about fentanyl, but haven’t seen groups of people dying simultaneously from alcohol.

I agree with others who don't think this sounds like alcohol or simple hypothermia. Different people have different alcohol tolerance, and the cold probably wouldn't affect everyone at exactly the same time.

Whatever happened here, it seems to have knocked them all out before they could get any help. IMO it has all the hallmarks of either drugs or some other kind of poison.

Yeah, I'm not buying that either. Mass deaths do occur from alcohol, but when they do happen it's usually outside of the United States, and involves the homemade variety. There are plenty of examples of drug overdoses with multiple casualties. To me, drugs would be the simplest and most logical explanation, and that's without anyone even having a history of that sort of thing. There's a history...
I have missed seeing your succinct comments. Glad to see your input.

When this story came out , (which has some similarities to events in KC) , it only took a few days for details about the specifics of the event and the substances involved to get released to the public.

If fentanyl were involved, authorities would be worried about other deaths from the same batch. There is also a high liklihood that the next of kin might get notified privately of any preliminary information.

"First and foremost, this case is 100% NOT being investigated as a homicide," Captain Jake Becchina of the Kansas City Police Department told Fox News Digital.

"There have not been any arrests [or] charges, and no one is in custody. There are no specific threats or concerns for the surrounding community at this time," Becchina said. "The resident at the house was cooperative with detectives the day the deceased were discovered."
* why did the capt. tell us how this case is not being investigated instead of telling us how this case is being investigated? Did the capt. even tell us this case is being investigated at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18