MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's hard to take any of the family members seriously then? You believe the people who knew these men best wouldn't have any insight into this situation? Someone being in denial in the face of facts is one thing, but they do not "have the facts" yet nor do we. All we have is the police saying "yep no worries thanks!" and the host of the party changing his story a whole lot....
It's difficult for me to take anyone seriously, family members or otherwise, who say that JW murdered them all.

It's difficult for me to take anyone seriously, family members or otherwise, who say that JW murdered them all.
Have we not seen stranger things on this site time and time again?
I do not know what happened here but at the very least I believe there is more than can be said and hopefully will be said by someone who was around that night.

I tried to find any statements he made about sleeping on the couch the whole time. Can you lead me to where you heard/read this?

At the time friends were leaving, it is my understanding JW was laying on the couch. Not sure when he left the couch but where is it said he was on it the whole time?

Robokiller is pretty flexible in what it does:

Lots of settings. Somehow, my iPhone does some of this on its own (but then, I have it almost always on Do Not Disturb - with an exceptions list).

If anyone from my high school tried to call me on my main phone number (I can be contacted through a publicly visible work email if they choose), my phone would send them to voice mail and mark them as unknown caller. I did go today and add one more number to my exceptions list (my best friend! but...she and I know to email to set up calls, but if she ever had an emergency, I'd want to hear from her right away).

My other good friend is worse than I am about not letting calls through (has no social media, does not use her former work email account, does not check email regularly, etc). I remember when phone machines became a thing and for a while my parents had one hooked up (and the volume turned down). If they saw my number on the list, they'd call me when it was convenient. Like Willis, she has a Ph.D. in a scientific/computational field.

Willis has dozens of high level academic publications. The amount of time and concentration spent on his work is enormous and palpable. Apparently, he has now deleted his LinkedIn, but his institutional affiliations are top notch and he has at least 20 published articles - each one of which probably took six months to a year to prepare and proof (with a group of people - which makes things even slower, but is essential).

It appears to me that his work is almost entirely computational. And that his education came mainly before he moved back to Kansas City, MO (and that he was living on the opposite side of the country during his studies). What he's been able to demonstrate about the nature of both viruses and vaccines is pretty amazing. His scholarship is publicly available on scholar.google.com and you can see who his research partners are - he doesn't publish alone.

IMO.

I do not know what happened here but at the very least I believe there is more than can be said and hopefully will be said by someone who was around that night.
We can have different POV regardless whether the circumstances are strange or not. Since we have heard very little from the two who were in attendance, it doesn't necessarily translate into guilt.

Though police have said the case is not being investigated as a homicide and no foul play is suspected, Kruse is adamant that Harrington, her boyfriend of 17 years, was killed.
“David was murdered,” she told NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo Friday. “Those three guys were murdered.”

“It does not make any sense to have three men dead, laying in the yard and [Jordan] asleep for 48 hours.”

Harrington, Kruse believes, must have been “caught in the wrong place at the wrong time” but admitted she doesn’t know “what’s going to come up” as the probe into the tragedy continues.
She also said that despite the party being described as a gathering of friends, she had never heard Harrington talk in-depth about Willis.

“I have heard of Jordan before. I’ve never met him. I’ve heard a lot of terrible things about him,” she revealed.

She told Cuomo that Willis was “on drugs,” but did not elaborate on what she meant by that.

Harrington would have “walked” the mile home “if he was cold” or was big enough to “break through the window”
or gone to warm up in his car.
Thanks for typing out the quotes from the gf of David Harrington. I used the link to the video, but didn't hear her say the bolded parts, and wonder if the video cut off too soon. I see her quotes also in the article I linked below.

MOO, I really wish David's family would not think we're all calling the men "drug addicts" if it turns out they rarely but occasionally decided to do some drug, I don't believe the term addict applies. They weren't addicts, but IMO, they need to keep an open mind that the men may have decided voluntarily to take a drug. Sounds like she won't consider that and is going right to the word "murder".

This is MOO, but I'm still getting the feeling if it does turn out to be fentanyl-related, then the families are not going to accept they voluntarily took whatever drug, but they might be insisting someone murdered them by purposely giving them what they imagine as "a concoction". MOO, that still seems like a wild accusation to me.

MOO-- Specifically, I'm shocked what she says hearing terrible things about JW and that he's on drugs. My reaction to that is-- Whoa, that is a bold, possibly unsubstantiated, accusation to make outright to public media. I wish the toxicology results would become available soon before the accusations get any wilder.

JMO, family members are going to have a harder time in the acceptance stage if they keep digging in their heels to the idea of what happened having all to do with murder and even blaming JW if it wasn't anything he did. All MOO

Last edited:
But why? Why would a seemingly well-educated man kill three friends/acquaintances, then leave their bodies in his backyard, knowing that at some point loved ones will certainly come looking for them at their last location? Further, what is the consternation about time of death for? Witness 5 was there that night, late into the evening, and saw them alive, so it follows that they passed between that time and the time of their discovery.

On a lighter note, I may be interested in the RoboCop version of the blocker. Maybe it has a feature to go beat the spam caller over the head until they quit calling. :D

Thanks for typing out the quotes from the gf of David Harrington. I used the link to the video, but didn't hear her say the bolded parts, and wonder if the video cut off too soon. I see her quotes also in the article I linked below.

MOO, I really wish David's family would not think we're all calling the men "drug addicts" if it turns out they rarely but occasionally decided to do some drug, I don't believe the term addict applies. They weren't addicts, but IMO, they need to keep an open mind that the men may have decided voluntarily to take a drug. Sounds like she won't consider that and is going right to the word "murder".

This is MOO, but I'm still getting the feeling if it does turn out to be fentanyl-related, then the families are not going to accept they voluntarily took whatever drug, but they might be insisting someone murdered them by purposely giving them what they imagine as "a concoction". MOO, that still seems like a wild accusation to me.

MOO-- Specifically, I'm shocked what she says hearing terrible things about JW and that he's on drugs. My reaction to that is-- Whoa, that is a bold, possibly unsubstantiated, accusation to make outright to public media. I wish the toxicology results would become available soon before the accusations get any wilder.

JMO, family members are going to have a harder time in the acceptance stage if they keep digging in their heels to the idea of what happened having all to do with murder and even blaming JW if it wasn't anything he did. All MOO

I can understand she is in deep grief and I guess feels she needs to protect her boyfriend’s reputation? I don’t understand why though? I have not read any articles claiming the victims were drug addicts ( though maybe that is being said on social media?) The articles I’ve read have all been very sympathetic to the victims!

Does anyone know if the three victims had life insurance policies? I know most policies won’t pay in the event of suicide, but would they pay in the event of a drug overdose? Just curious if anyone knows. IMO.

I tried to find any statements he made about sleeping on the couch the whole time. Can you lead me to where you heard/read this?

At the time friends were leaving, it is my understanding JW was laying on the couch. Not sure when he left the couch but where is it said he was on it the whole time?

I too know of no source for that. I thought it sounded as if LE was on the first floor when he came down from the second floor in his boxers - but I don't remember a specific source for that either. Lots of legs on this story.

IMO.

I can understand she is in deep grief and I guess feels she needs to protect her boyfriend’s reputation? I don’t understand why though? I have not read any articles claiming the victims were drug addicts ( though maybe that is being said on social media?) The articles I’ve read have all been very sympathetic to the victims!
I believe that they might also worry about what could happen AFTER the toxicology reports come out, because for now there are some discrepancies (that might get cleared out with the toxicology report) so a lot of articles (and the media, if you just look at twitter) tend to imply that something is fishy, and that it's was not 'only the drugs'. So, rather than believe that maybe it was something like a bad cut of coke, people that have not done their research tend to side with the victims' families. JMO

If the toxicology report comes out saying that they dies because - say - fentanyl, then maybe the view of the case will shift to a bunch of drug addicts that were not careful, 'ruining' the image of the three. Honestly, internet is a scary place when you are talking about your loved ones, so I can understand the feeling of protection and of trying to 'excuse' them even before the accusations come out.

Also, when you're in grief, you sometimes have a hard time accepting some things. JMO

Does anyone know if the three victims had life insurance policies? I know most policies won’t pay in the event of suicide, but would they pay in the event of a drug overdose? Just curious if anyone knows. IMO.
I would say it is doubtful that they would have life insurance. At least two of the families (not sure about the third) had gofund pages to pay for the funerals.

Insurance will pay for a drug overdose (or even a suicide) if the policy has been in effect for two or more years. Prior to two years, the insurer likely won’t pay for suicide and they may contest a drug overdose if they have reason to believe the insured lied on their application. As an example, if the insured had a history of drug abuse.

...It appears to me that his work is almost entirely computational. And that his education came mainly before he moved back to Kansas City, MO (and that he was living on the opposite side of the country during his studies). What he's been able to demonstrate about the nature of both viruses and vaccines is pretty amazing. His scholarship is publicly available on scholar.google.com and you can see who his research partners are - he doesn't publish alone.
But why? Why would a seemingly well-educated man kill three friends/acquaintances, then leave their bodies in his backyard, knowing that at some point loved ones will certainly come looking for them at their last location?

MOO, it's outrageous what is being said now about JW, and try to combine that it's being said about what sounds like a brilliant, respected researcher. Now, it isn't just that the missed calls were not received due to the Robokiller app. It's become a plot and the word murder has been included. MOO, it's lots of hearsay accusations which I'm having a hard time believing about JW, especially the "concoction" and "murder" one the family members are clinging to and expounding on. MOO, it seems unfair to destroy JW's professional reputation with unsubstantiated accusations. Like the officer told David's mother, it will make more sense when more is revealed by LE and their findings. I feel for the family members, but I feel for #4 and #5 that they are now caught in the crosshairs of public opinions.

“David was murdered,” she told NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo Friday. “Those three guys were murdered.”

“I don’t know if Jordan gave them something like they’re talking about,” she told Cuomo. “David wasn’t a drug addict like they’re talking about.”

She also said that despite the party being described as a gathering of friends, she had never heard Harrington talk in-depth about Willis.

“I have heard of Jordan before. I’ve never met him. I’ve heard a lot of terrible things about him,” she revealed.

“I don’t know the truth in it … David’s never had a conversation about Jordan. I’ve heard the name Jordan when he’s talking to his friends … I don’t think I’ve ever heard any stories about Jordan at all.”

She told Cuomo that Willis was “on drugs,” but did not elaborate on what she meant by that.

While there has been speculation that the three friends’ deaths may be drug-related, “David didn’t do stuff like that,” Kruse said. “… Maybe they did take something because they were drinking. But I know David wouldn’t have took it.

“We just had a talk with my kids about not doing drugs and how fentanyl was coming on the news all the time,” she added.

BBM - RLBM - All MOO

I believe that they might also worry about what could happen AFTER the toxicology reports come out, because for now there are some discrepancies (that might get cleared out with the toxicology report) so a lot of articles (and the media, if you just look at twitter) tend to imply that something is fishy, and that it's was not 'only the drugs'. So, rather than believe that maybe it was something like a bad cut of coke, people that have not done their research tend to side with the victims' families. JMO

If the toxicology report comes out saying that they dies because - say - fentanyl, then maybe the view of the case will shift to a bunch of drug addicts that were not careful, 'ruining' the image of the three. Honestly, internet is a scary place when you are talking about your loved ones, so I can understand the feeling of protection and of trying to 'excuse' them even before the accusations come out.

Also, when you're in grief, you sometimes have a hard time accepting some things. JMO
Agree, good points.
It would be nice if they had a spokesperson to speak to the media for them. The accusations of murder are not helpful to anyone and are pretty outrageous, IMO.

MOO, it's outrageous what is being said now about JW, and try to combine that it's being said about what sounds like a brilliant, respected researcher. Now, it isn't just that the missed calls were not received due to the Robokiller app. It's become a plot and the word murder has been included. MOO, it's lots of hearsay accusations which I'm having a hard time believing about JW, especially the "concoction" and "murder" one the family members are clinging to and expounding on. MOO, it seems unfair to destroy JW's professional reputation with unsubstantiated accusations. Like the officer told David's mother, it will make more sense when more is revealed by LE and their findings. I feel for the family members, but I feel for #4 and #5 that they are now caught in the crosshairs of public opinions.

“I don’t know if Jordan gave them something like they’re talking about,” she told Cuomo. “David wasn’t a drug addict like they’re talking about.”

“I don’t know the truth in it … David’s never had a conversation about Jordan. I’ve heard the name Jordan when he’s talking to his friends … I don’t think I’ve ever heard any stories about Jordan at all.”

While there has been speculation that the three friends’ deaths may be drug-related, “David didn’t do stuff like that,” Kruse said. “… Maybe they did take something because they were drinking. But I know David wouldn’t have took it.

“We just had a talk with my kids about not doing drugs and how fentanyl was coming on the news all the time,” she added.

BBM & All MOO
I think jealousy is involved. JW had a decent job, made decent money. He could play and spend his money on things like tickets to football games. He had no problem paying his rent, no worry about being evicted. He had no children, so no worries about getting behind in his child support. No court fees to pay. People who would not be in the same position could be jealous.

I think jealousy is involved. JW had a decent job, made decent money. He could play and spend his money on things like tickets to football games. He had no problem paying his rent, no worry about being evicted. He had no children, so no worries about getting behind in his child support. No court fees to pay. People who would not be in the same position could be jealous.
Some of the victims' family - I believe - stated that he was 'arrogant', and he had reasons to be, to be honest. JMO

First bold: It doesn't block any caller not on your contact list, it will SCREEN those calls. So you get a pop-up of what words they say after Robokiller asks the caller to identify themselves. If you either quickly or slowly ignore the call using the side button or what have you, it will send them to voicemail.

Second bold: Good to know!!!!

<modsnip: sleuthing victim>
Well, I really do not want to get into details of discussing all of the various settings available in the Robokiller app.
However my phone does not ring when an unknown call is being screened. Indeed they can leave a voice message, however it resides in the Robokiller app. So if you do not check the app regularly you will not see the voice mails.
I have been using Robokiller for 3 years and that is how I have it setup on my iPhone.

Some of the victims' family - I believe - stated that he was 'arrogant', and he had reasons to be, to be honest. JMO
It could be that they themselves feel less than. Many people without even an undergraduate degree think college graduates are stuck up or act better than them. Likewise with anyone with money. Making good choices in life doesn't enter into their thoughts. Has to be he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth instead.

When I first heard about this story, I envisioned that the house was very isolated. !!!!!!! I just saw a pic of it and surrounding neighbors homes which look practically abutted next to house.

Makes no sense that three large grown men froze by being locked outside, without something hindering their abilities to seek shelter.

I have locked myself out before.. I go to neighbor, or business, gas station, ask another human if I can use phone, etc. Makes ZERO Zero Zero sense.
There is way more to it than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member