MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where the "basement window" that was broken into is actually located? I've examined all the images I can find and all windows seem to be at ground floor level, not basement level.
The only place I can think of it being is on the side of the house that's never been photographed. It's definitely in the basement and it's pretty small. I wondered whether the place the fiance broke into was one of the garage windows at the front of the house with the screen resting against the wall.

I never go in my formal dining room and my hubby lives here with me.

I'm not certain a single male would go into their dning room ... ever; certainly not regularily.

There's a lot of rooms in this home and any of them could be the one that JW set up as his office. It could be upstairs in one of the bedrooms but more likely on the ground floor. Maybe the formal dining room since there'd be less distractions in that room. I'm sure when LE investigated they took interior shots of the home.

There's a lot of rooms in this home and any of them could be the one that JW set up as his office. It could be upstairs in one of the bedrooms but more likely on the ground floor. Maybe the formal dining room since there'd be less distractions in that room. I'm sure when LE investigated they took interior shots of the home.

More likely his own bedroom, if you ask me. Judging by 50 years of observing academic scientists. The top floor is the most likely private space.

It's possible he set up in the dining room (I've never seen anyone do that, btw) but it's also likely he wanted his computerS (probably plural) and his monitors and his printers and his food and his mini-fridge all in one space. Big screen TV too.

There are no distractions in a house that doesn't have roommates, unless created by inviting people in. IMO. One can so easily manage distractions when living alone. No need to use a separate, lower room if the cozy upper room (with bed and perhaps gym equipment) is available.

I don't think most scientists see themselves as working when they invite other people over for Game Day. Instead, they set up the social floor (kitchen/lounge/etc) for their guests and keep their own space/nooks/libraries private. If they can afford it - and apparently JW could afford it, which doesn't surprise me.

IMO.

I think it's important to note that the man handcuffed was Willis himself. As far as I can tell from this very strange and incoherent set of news reports.

I don't think it's odd, via LE protocol, at all and we heard that he was cuffed (and wearing boxers) several days ago. But, the newsroom/internet blogger will do what they want with the info.

IMO

That's a great one. And it's part of the course material in criminology (on eyewitness behavior) in at least one university curriculum - very good share!

It's also interesting to read the various responses people gave for why they got the details wrong.

I'm still puzzling over why there's a screen off of window at JW's house in early pictures, lying on the ground. No basement windows showing.

Then, Google and real estate listing photos show more of the house - still no basement windows. There is a basement, however. Don't some basements kind of have an airwell that goes down to a possible window? That's certainly not in the front yard and after Fox4 showed the more recent (apparently snipped from drone) footage, one still cannot see a well or basement windows.

Maybe a sharp-eyed sleuther will find it and red circle it for us?
There is a basement window. This is an enlargement of image 42 of 55 on the redfin RE site.

Attachments

• basement window.jpg
    basement window.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 35
I think it's important to note that the man handcuffed was Willis himself. As far as I can tell from this very strange and incoherent set of news reports.

I don't think it's odd, via LE protocol, at all and we heard that he was cuffed (and wearing boxers) several days ago. But, the newsroom/internet blogger will do what they want with the info.

IMO

I just thought of this. They handcuffed him outside in his boxers in the dead of winter. I can't tell from the video but did they even let him put a coat on???

Deciphering HOUSE PIX.
Two of the these are new to me. I can't seem to move pix from other site. Anyone help move these three?

Pic, LAUNDRY RM and BATH (powder rm? 1/2 bath?) open to one another. Look for metallic dryer hose & plumbing bib on wall.
NO washer or drier in pic
EDIT, imo now, walk-thru powder rm opens to both the front hall/entry & to laundry

Pic showing MORE of BASEMENT. Look for red painted floor.
See the small bump or jog in floor, a smallish nook/room, partially-sectioned off w dk. curtains. There's a workbench w a vise in nook.
Imo, the nook is under ground floor room w sliding doors to back patio.

Pic, GARAGE INTERIOR, showing BIG WINDOW .
If I interp correctly, the big window w white curtains faces the street.
And remember, side-load garage.
IIRC, this is same window MSM has pix of, the window w SCREEN removed & sitting on the ground against the front (streetside wall).

Is it poss that FIANCEE REMOVED THAT SCREEN & went thru that front window which actually puts her into the GARAGE, not into basement? Whaddya think?

Last edited:
Completely agree, but usually you can at least see the well where the window is located. I can't see anything. I've looked at every picture I can find and I'm seeing nothing outside the house that even resembles a basement window or a window well.

My username is proving accurate again. Très confused!

I'll join you. This house is confusing!

I see a window well meaning that the egress window itself is below ground level with one of those aluminum wells around it to prevent leakage. One would have to egress through that window and then step up onto the lawn from the well. IM experience, I think the aluminum wells themsleves are 24" high.
I think the depth of them are dependent on where the property is. I live in Colorado, and I believe mine are 3 feet deep. In colder climates the basements typically have taller ceilings between they dig the foundation lower to ensure it is below the frost line. The climate in KC is pretty comparable to Denver, so they could be deeper than 2 feet. Not sure that makes a difference here. Also, there could be a basement with no egress windows. It can't be included in liveable square feet, but people still use them as that, or storage.

There is a basement window. This is an enlargement of image 42 of 55 on the redfin RE site.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/basement-window-jpg.479442/
I suspect there is a board in that basement slide window because that window lock broke, very common window in my area where everyone has a basement. Those locks are always broke and you have to wedge something there so it can't slide open! Also, younger generations in our area very adept at escaping and entering those windows in the very wee hours of the night,

Deciphering HOUSE PIX.
Two of the these are new to me. I can't seem to move pix from other site. Anyone help move these three?

Pic, LAUNDRY RM and BATH (powder rm? 1/2 bath?) open to one another. Look for metallic dryer hose & plumbing bib on wall.
NO washer or drier in pic
EDIT, imo now, walk-thru powder rm opens to both the front hall/entry & to laundry

Pic showing MORE of BASEMENT. Look for red painted floor.
See the small bump or jog in floor, a smallish nook/room, partially-sectioned off w dk. curtains. There's a workbench w a vise in nook.
Imo, the nook is under ground floor room w sliding doors to back patio.

Pic, GARAGE INTERIOR, showing BIG WINDOW .
If I interp correctly, the big window w white curtains faces the street.
And remember, side-load garage.
IIRC, this is same window MSM has pix of, the window w SCREEN removed & sitting on the ground against the front (streetside wall).

Is it poss that FIANCEE went thru that front window which actually puts her into the GARAGE, not into basement? Whaddya think?

It does look like the basement window is on the side of the house that isn't photographed much except for one that shows a rain barrel or something like that behind the half wall. I agree that the alcove is probably directly below the sun room/breakfast nook.

Sorry I disagree, the chair would have been in view, IMO and it's just my opinion
Seeing the pics on Banfield tonight, it looks very possible to me that a grown man sitting in one of those chairs would have been quite visible from the sliding doors as well as the kitchen window and the upstairs windows.
Now if the person inside the house was laid out , passed out or unconscious for two days , I guess they could have been completely oblivious to anything. Or if they did finally look out and saw bodies in the snow with bright red colored KC jerseys on… that’s what they were wearing, IIRC…. maybe they just went into shock and withdrawal. It had to be a horrific scene, like from some horror story!
It’s hard to fathom, isn’t it. OMO.

Seeing the pics on Banfield tonight, it looks very possible to me that a grown man sitting in one of those chairs would have been quite visible from the sliding doors as well as the kitchen window and the upstairs windows.
Now if the person inside the house was laid out , passed out or unconscious for two days , I guess they could have been completely oblivious to anything. Or if they did finally look out and saw bodies in the snow with bright red colored KC jerseys on… that’s what they were wearing, IIRC…. maybe they just went into shock and withdrawal. It had to be a horrific scene, like from some horror story!
It’s hard to fathom, isn’t it. OMO.
I haven't looked out into my back yard or walked out into it since sometime before Thanksgiving, likely much longer. I keep my blinds closed and I only use the back yard when it's warm and sunny. If there was a person in my yard right now, I'd have absolutely no idea.

he's in pain too and doesn't deserve to be treated the way he has been
I didn't say that he wasn't.
In fact, I posted that his atty. has not been helpful.
Although I'd imagine his atty. is only relaying what he has been advised to say ?
So I might have been too harsh on the lawyer.
This case is a mess.

But my main sympathies are for the families of the deceased.
They never were able to say 'goodbye', and are waiting for the tox tests and autopsy results to come back.
This is a terrible time for them.
Omo.

I feel like perhaps they all 4 accidentally overdosed but the difference was where everyone passed out- did the 3 go out back to smoke and nod off while the homeowner passed out in a warm bed?
perhaps the homeowner really was sleeping off an OD for 2 days and barely aware.

I have a strong feeling that LE found some evidence of substance use in order to be so strong with their statements.

I wonder if the sense of changing statements and shady timeline is due to said substance denial/retraction. JMO and praying for answers for these poor families and justice if needed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper