MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least one of the men had to have his car keys in his pocket or jacket. And/or a phone.

They could have got out of the cold before freezing to death.
They had to have been blacked out.

There is no other reasonable explanation.

jmo

I agree that blacked out, black out drunk, or passed out, or knocked out...all three at once too is very odd especially if they died all at the same time...shared bumps of tainted cocaine? Instantly died?

OK, I see the tox report is back... fentanyl, like we suspected, probably tainted cocaine, would anyone snort fentanyl on purpose?

Last edited:
Were they washed up and clean when LE inspected? Were there glasses and drug paraphernalia inside or outside? Anything in a rubbish bin? Could bins have been emptied in mean time?

Two days give someone ample time to clean up...my guess is he was passed out asleep for part of a day and then cleaned up.

Same!! Every get together there’s someone with a bag of coke. And they are more than willing to lay a line out.

I partied 20 years ago occasionally and you couldn’t pay me to put a drug up my nose!!

My biggest fear is I’d OD because I wanted a bump for the first time in many many years. Then I’d go out as drug addict even though I’m not. I can’t leave my kids with that. So I politely decline.

I agree. It's extremely come to see people drinking, smoking pot, and doing bumps of cocaine...it's widely acceptable, but not viewed the same as meth or heroin.
Most normal people have offered me cocaine not just attorneys, or rockstars, but preschool teachers, and cops...it's so commonplace nowadays, not even associated with cool parties either...so the guys wanting to do a bump at a football game don't shock me at all.

IMO, these young men wouldn't be dead if the fentanyl was obtained from a pharmacy by the deceased victim who may or may not be a pharmacy technician. While it's possible they miscalculated the dosage and overdosed, I think it's much more likely the men procured cocaine from a dealer and were completely unaware the coke had been cut with fentanyl.

But that's just my opinion.

Plenty of videos out there of people in the process of ODing on fentanyl.

I just watched one in particular where the gentleman is sitting on a chair outside in a backyard. Buddy in the chair ODs, but just looks like he has fallen asleep sitting upright. Man calls 911 and advises the guy is ODing. Girl makes comment that guy in chair is a user (snorts) to the officer who arrives. Cop arrives with bodycam and administers Narcan, rubs chest, moving guys head --- talking to him and telling him to breathe etc. Ambulance arrives. More Narcan (injection this time). He slowly comes around. He has no clue what, this lasted for minutes, happened to him - oblivious. Off to the hospital.

He didn't move. Didn't make a sound. Oblivious to the fact he was ODing and needed help. Just sat in that chair. The two sober people who were right there were his saviours. In good weather. With two sober people within touching distance of him. He is alive only because those two sober people were right there. No one would have "heard" anything. No one would have "seen" a fuss or commotion from him, Nada ... just nodded off without a clue in the world.

I can only imagine death was much, much quicker in the cold.

It's horrific. Quiet & horrific.

Unsure if linkable, but a google of Officer gives man narcan after overdose should bring it up.

Edit to add: Officer immediately asks if he has "pinpoint pupils" ... a clear sign of a fentanyl OD. I imagine that officers at the scene in this case would have identified same --- and ergo the early statement of no sign of foul play. There simply would have been signs of a fentanyl OD, pending confrmation of tox.

Last edited:
Initial toxicology reports on the three Kansas City Chiefs fans found frozen and dead in a friend’s yard found cocaine, THC — and three times the amount of fentanyl that is enough to kill, according to reports.

“The family source says level 10 fentanyl is enough to kill. The #KansasCity3 were at level 30.”

He later added that the information was “backed up and confirmed by a second, separate family source.”
This of course won't be the end of it but it reinforces what I think most on this thread were thinking.

All too common.

How long before the drug impacts a person?
Would they have time to walk outside?

If I were to guess went outside to snort it before driving home...maybe all three were pretty drunk and wanted to "sober up" to drive home soon.
I've heard this logic being used at clubs. The homeowner probably wasn't part of this and why he is still alive.

Is it possible that most didn’t know the three were at JW home having watched the game elsewhere? Could be why it took two days to track them down, finding the two vehicles out front.

Jmo
I was thinking similarly but maybe they didn't know who else was at the house. Like the original comment said, if they were different work schedules between the victims and their loved ones, they might not have been worried until Monday evening. If you don't know who else was at the house, where do you begin? Loved ones might have started by texting/calling the other victims and then having to wait for a response. It might not have dawned on them to check with AWL until the next morning when no one else, JW or the other victims, is replying. And then you're waiting on him to try and get a response from JW. I also don't think it's as easy of a connection from the fiancé of one victim to the mother of another... I don't have my SO's best friend's parents numbers. Who knows when the connection was made that it wasn't just one person missing.

I also think it's important on this site to remember the different perceptions, experiences, opinions, etc. that people can have of LE. I don't say that in a disparaging way but I think for a lot of people in this country, calling the police isn't the easy decision that it seems like for a lot of users on here.

It's a sad state of affairs based on opiate addictions. I don't think these friends knew it was laced with anything, I think it was a fatal error on all their parts. Maybe the survivor passed out before he could even make it outside? He slept for 2 days, which is not an abnormal reaction because it affects the respiratory system. He's lucky to be alive, although I can't imagine how he's going to deal with the loss of his close friends and their families going forward. Everybody looses.

I blame big Pharma for starting the opioid addiction to begin with. They've made $$$ billions, and millions have lost their lives and loved ones. IMO

<snipped>

Fentanyl is now infamous because it has entered the illegal drug supply and become a major driver of opiate overdoses and deaths. When used illegally, it is typically supplied as tablets or as a powder. Because so little fentanyl is required for a “high” compared with other drugs, it may be deliberately combined with or sold as other drugs, sometimes with fatal results. Even potentially fatal doses are too small to be tasted or otherwise easily detected.

Fentanyl, like all opioid drugs, works by binding to opioid receptors in the body. In addition to euphoria, it reduces respiration. Overdoses slow breathing, leading to hypoxia, and the accumulation of carbon dioxide. When there is insufficient oxygen to the brain, coma, brain damage, or death can result.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org

On Banfield last night Ashley interviewed....not sure who he was. They stated that it will need to be determined what killed them...OD or frozen. He indicated that the result would help law enforcement decide whether a criminal investigation is necessary or just a sad tragic event. Kind of like they were adults, decided to partake...if OD caused death then someone is responsible....if frozen to death then no one is going to be in trouble. That is my take on what he said. Puts a different spin on things to me.

On Banfield last night Ashley interviewed....not sure who he was. They stated that it will need to be determined what killed them...OD or frozen. He indicated that the result would help law enforcement decide whether a criminal investigation is necessary or just a sad tragic event. Kind of like they were adults, decided to partake...if OD caused death then someone is responsible....if frozen to death then no one is going to be in trouble. That is my take on what he said. Puts a different spin on things to me.
I saw that clip with Ashley and an anesthesiologist. He said that the cause of death would probably be hypothermia but related to the drug use and compared it to Matthew Perry being under the influence of ketamine and the cause of death being drowning.

Tests show why opioid is so deadly: ‘It stops people’s breathing before they even realize it’

Pulled from this link.. Marijuana and Fentanyl

"You might have heard some worrying stories or rumors saying that marijuana may be laced with fentanyl, a powerful opioid linked to many overdose cases. But it’s important to look closely at these claims and figure out if they’re true.

The short answer is that they are false — there is no solid evidence that marijuana is being laced with fentanyl. Here are some of the reasons why:
Burning destroys fentanyl. Fentanyl is destroyed when it is burned including when it is in a joint, blunt or other means of smoking marijuana. This means that even if it is mixed with marijuana flower it will have no effect on a person who is smoking it."

There's more reasons listed in the link. I think it's worth stating since THC was also reportedly found in their system.
and yet there are also sources that say this:
<modsnip - removed non-working link>

How Can You Tell if Marijuana Has Been Laced With Fentanyl?​

Fentanyl Laced Weed.

FYI - I lost my 20 year old nephew last year. Fentanyl OD. The only other drug in his system was marijuana. The fentanyl problem in this country became personal to our family when we lost him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that blacked out, black out drunk, or passed out, or knocked out...all three at once too is very odd especially if they died all at the same time...shared bumps of tainted cocaine? Instantly died?

OK, I see the tox report is back... fentanyl, like we suspected, probably tainted cocaine, would anyone snort fentanyl on purpose?
I was wondering ... would they have: ingested (swallowed)/smoked/injected (is fenty 'injectable ?) this inside, and then walked out into the back yard ?
Because I was thinking if it was instant, wouldn't they have been discovered inside the house ?
Did the drugs absorb gradually ?
Omo.

and yet there are also sources that say this:

<modsnip - non working link>

How Can You Tell if Marijuana Has Been Laced With Fentanyl?​

Fentanyl Laced Weed.

FYI - I lost my 20 year old nephew last year. Fentanyl OD. The only other drug in his system was marijuana. The fentanyl problem in this country became personal to our family when we lost him.
Tragic
I remember pcp laced joints in the mid 70’s, certainly not deadly but close enough
Legalization has helped by testing and tracking, regulating & growing under optimal conditions

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thrilled when IL legalized marijuana. Because you know exactly what you are getting from the dispensary. You just never know where your "guy" is getting his from. It's not worth the risk for me. I believe that fentanyl is sometimes laced in weed. But in this instance, I think the men got a hot batch (laced) of coke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member