MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who owns/rents the home has a good job and probably has a lot to lose if he is connected to drug deaths in his home. He's probably trying to distance himself. If these are accidental overdoses he'll claim he had no idea what they were doing. Did the home owner/renter go to work on the Monday?
Was it reported that he had a good job? Wonder who the source was? Was it reported that he was the only one of the 4 who had a good job? I thought you couldn't be charged anymore if you are doing drugs with friends and an OD is called into LE/First responders??

But 3 people at the same time?
I suppose if fentanyl or something was involved (and very cold weather). Or even just plain old heroin, if they decided to shoot up outside (seems really odd and doubtful). But something laced with fentanyl could be involved.

In very cold weather, people who drink to black out levels do sometimes die right outside a house or in their own backyard or a nearby park. It has been very cold in the area - but still. Three 30-something men all that intoxicated? Homeowner didn't notice they'd left (through the back door). I mean, I can see all three dying of hypothermia in certain inebriated conditions, but hard to believe all three would collapse simultaneously. Normally, one would go in for warmth and health after noticing just one other person collapse (is it possible they couldn't get out of the backyard!? is the man on the back porch seeking warmth?)

I have no clue.

JMO of course.

Was it reported that he had a good job? Wonder who the source was? Was it reported that he was the only one of the 4 who had a good job? I thought you couldn't be charged anymore if you are doing drugs with friends and an OD is called into LE/First responders??
Yes, Missouri does have a Good Samaritan law related to overdoses. Links below in quote.
Missouri's Good Samaritan Law protects the person who is experiencing an overdose; they shall not be charged or prosecuted for possession of a controlled substance under section 195.202 (now 579.015) or possession of an imitation controlled substance under section 195.241 (now 579.078).

Edited for BBM in quoted post

Last edited:
I’m just catching up with this case.
I tragically have a close relative with a drug problem, so it’s painful for me and I try to avoid potential overdose cases, but this situation is so puzzling.

IMO the homeowner has to know more, he just has to—three friends are there and then they’re not, but didn’t I read that their cars were still there?

I’m in NYC all my life, in a huge apartment building, so we don’t have driveways and cars are not a clue for us. But my sister in the Jersey suburbs always knows who’s home or visiting by just glancing at the cars in her neighbors’ driveways.

AFAIK that’s typical of everyone who lives in a private home. I therefore cannot imagine how he would see their vehicles still parked and not know they have to be in the vicinity of his home.

Also, his casual, nonchalant attitude when the police arrive.

Whether or not they OD’d or froze to death. And if they froze to death it could easily be that they were drugged enough to not realize what was happening to them. But to me it does not compute that the homeowner/renter was completely oblivious to his friends just vanishing, not if the cars were still there.

IMO
The cars left in the driveway are suspicious. I would assume the survivor noticed them.

Reminds me of another case where the victim's car was left behind at the murderer's house after being killed. I felt strongly that the vehicle's extended presence would certainly be questioned by the home dwellers at the time.

I suppose if fentanyl or something was involved (and very cold weather). Or even just plain old heroin, if they decided to shoot up outside
Just FYI, I recently listened to an interview with a narcotics cop, who said nobody sells pure heroin anymore, it's all laced with fentanyl. For complicated reasons that are off-topic.

But I mention this as potentially relevant if these men were victims of the new reality.

JMO

Not sure if this is allowed to share so please delete if not. I found a post on facebook with a tagged photo from the day of the football game that has the victims tagged in it, accessible through their fb pages. There are several other people in the photo - a large group of guys. I was under the on impression it was just the four guys at the house, but I guess that was not stated anywhere.

Clayton's FB: Clayton McGeeney

Last edited:
To clarify, was it the Sunday 1/7 game? The obits list 1/9 as date of death which I suppose is when they found them and have to call time of death when they find a body and not back estimate a TOD. Right? So anyway, can't be a game after 1/9 they went to watch. I can't see photo mentioned above. I see a few stadium/city outdoor shots of groups but not a party shot on 1/7.

I wonder how well these three guys really knew their host. He sounds very strange.

JMO
No kidding!! The only thing that makes sense - the three men consumed (knowingly or unknowingly) some type of drug which caused their death. Something was likely cut with Fentanyl. But why/how did they end up outside in the backyard?

I'm not even going to attempt to make sense of the homeowners role or behavior, beyond bizarre.

I would really like to know how each body was positioned, and in proximity to the other bodies, other than one on the back porch and two in the backyard.

Freezing to death is supposed to be less painful than other CODs…I’m not sure how any living person would know that, but I do hope each man felt little or no pain.

I would really like to know how each body was positioned, and in proximity to the other bodies, other than one on the back porch and two in the backyard.

Freezing to death is supposed to be less painful than other CODs…I’m not sure how any living person would know that, but I do hope each man felt little or no pain.
It's also going to be important to know what they were, or were not (if that was the case) wearing. If some of their clothing was removed and laying outside, it could indicate paradoxical disrobing/undressing which often accompanies hypothermia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just stating this as an aside, since the cause of these young men's deaths are undetermined: But in my area, families don't want the fentanyl cause of death released, so it's only known by rumour among those in their inner circle, and authorities just put out generic warnings.

So then, IMO people think only desperate street addicts are at risk from fentanyl. Occasional recreational users just don't seem realize how taking illegal drugs is truly playing russian roulette. And recreational drug use has been kept secret for so long, people don't realize how common it is among 'respectable' citizens.

JMO
In some places, cause and manner of death are published on a website. I know that in certain states, this information is considered public knowledge. MOO

Not sure if this is allowed to share so please delete if not. I found a post on facebook with a tagged photo from the day of the football game that has the victims tagged in it, accessible through their fb pages. There are several other people in the photo - a large group of guys. I was under the on impression it was just the four guys at the house, but I guess that was not stated anywhere.

Clayton's FB: Clayton McGeeney
It's very sad reading his FB page. He seemed like a decent guy. He took amazing photos, very talented. I hate to think that he may have died because of drug use. What a waste of a life if that's what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twitchhiker