MO MO - Gina Brooks, 13, Fredericktown, 5 Aug 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lead surfaces in Housman killing; deathbed confession to nurse could be breakthrough
This story was published in the Post-Dispatch on Nov. 20, 1997

Investigators do not know the identity of Squires' alleged accomplice but are confident of finding out.

The accomplice could not have been Squires' close friend, Nathan D. "Danny" Williams, 37, because Williams was in prison at the time, serving a lengthy sentence for raping a child.

In this article, he doesn't name his accomplice but we know now it is Earl W. Cox who was responsible for Angie's death. Did Squires eventually ever name Cox? St. Ann was only a hundred miles from Fredricktown so not far at all. Cox had ties to St. Ann so it is clear why he was there. But why was Squires there? Did he have a connection to the area? Just curious how he was affiliated with Cox and why he didn't reveal his name.

Did Squires and Nathan D. Williams (his accomplice in Gina's case) have ties to Fredricktown? Just wondering how they ended up in such a random small town. Where did all these suspects live? It could help with tying them to other cases in the same region.

Gina went missing 32 years ago today. This article describes very likely who law enforcement thinks did the crime but careful planning of prosecution since the killer is in prison until 2039 and at least one other is dead possibly? Another they dropped weak second degree murder charge thinking evidence might lead to acquittal. Cops are pretty tenacious in this town/county about these three guys. Over the years, these guys have history of hurting other girls so why were they free (the perennial question)...let us do better in future. Thinking of Gina who'd be 35 today.
3 decades of silence: The disappearance of Gina Dawn Brooks

Last edited:
I live in the county that Gina disappeared in...this is a relatively small community where most everyone knows or recognizes each other. 90% of the folks who live in this county are related to each other somehow or another...from immediate to through marriage to dogkin. It is extremely difficult to get information from anyone about anything that pertains to this case and many others in this county. Corruption runs deep!!
Sheriff position has been handed down from relative to relative with all the secrets. The current Sheriff is part time coroner so I am told as well.
Right now there are three additional missing males and a few homicides that will be put on back burner due to *relatives involved* issues. Lots of suicides happen in this area if you know what I mean....
Just some tidbits to add to Gina's case....she is not alone!!

Can someone please reach out to me I'm from a neighboring town and I've been trying to find certain info with no luck on what I'm looking for on Gina thank you in advance!!!

It has a certain resemblance to the case of Tara Calico, nothing more than in this one, a photo was not found...of the 3 miserable scumbags that did that to him, only one remains alive and he is in prison at least until 2039, but surely he will be too old to say where did they leave gina...
I suppose she was beaten and raped and to make matters worse one of the 3 scumbags had AIDS...also, before she died, Gina was infected with that damn killer virus... poor Gina, the terror she must have felt when she was still a little girl... I hope with all my heart that she be found her remains and give peace to her family...
rest in peace gina

July 25, 2024

BOLLINGER COUNTY, Mo. – Three days since digging and searching near an area where a 13-year-old went missing in 1989, investigators say no human remains have been found.

According to a news release from the Bollinger County Sheriff’s Office, authorities found “items of possible evidentiary value,” over the last several days that are possibly tied to the cold case. Those items will be forwarded to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Laboratory for analysis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back