MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc, when I moved back into the area where I now live I was offered the chance to register to vote when I signed up for utilities.

Grrrrrr..

Someone posted this link earlier...sorry, didn't hold the spot to reply with quote :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...c796f0-2a45-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html

Interesting....

I think it might have been right after the convince store vid was put out, one of the Brown's lawyers made a comment about "why did OW leave his previous job," implying it was for negative reasons IMO

Then the other night Parks, in response to MBs alleged juvenile record, starting saying how they were thoroughly investigating Wilson's past, and you'll be hearing about that. (I'm paraphrasing, so MOO)

I'm sure there will be an attempt to connect Wilson's attitude/behaviors with the problems associated with his previous dept., much like this article is trying to do in a not so subtle way. JMO

Live off the grid or swap with a young person who wants to escape Alaska.

He is not going to have to "live off the grid" or flee to Alaska. I am quite sure there are nice empathetic towns in MO (since he probably wants to remain close to family).

Check out the demographics of that state. He will be fine even in MO.

Well if that wound is from getting caught by the slide then yup, blood and plenty of skin bits too.

The firearm experts claim you should have your grip as high up on the grip of a handgun as possible for better control, I personally won't do it as I am too worried about touching the slide accidentally even from beneath. Once bit, twice shy.

Revolvers don't have slides....just sayin' in case someone wants another option.

From your link:

In addition to it "not being seen as justice" if there is no indictment some folks are going to be especially peeved by the fact that many many folks have shown support for Off. Wilson online.

Officer Wilson will likely be in a position to buy a house and pay for it in cash when this is over.

I don't live anywhere NEAR Ferguson and I'm peeved at this. I'm a nonviolent person though, no worries! However, please explain why a police officer who shot an unarmed suspect to death should be commended and generously monetarily rewarded by the public? If the shooting is found justified, he should be able to live his life, but as of now, he has his job and his pay and the police force and union defending him - why does he need a windfall of cash too? Why should he be able to buy a freaking HOUSE because he took someone's life? If he was an ordinary citizen, people would find that outrageous!

Grrrrrr..

Someone posted this link earlier...sorry, didn't hold the spot to reply with quote :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...c796f0-2a45-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html

Interesting....

I think it might have been right after the convince store vid was put out, one of the Brown's lawyers made a comment about "why did OW leave his previous job," implying it was for negative reasons IMO

Then the other night Parks, in response to MBs alleged juvenile record, starting saying how they were thoroughly investigating Wilson's past, and you'll be hearing about that. (I'm paraphrasing, so MOO)

I'm sure there will be an attempt to connect Wilson's attitude/behaviors with the problems associated with his previous dept., much like this article is trying to do in a not so subtle way. JMO

I have a "sneaking suspicion" that when MB's juvie record is released there will be a gasp.
Moo

With regards to why police can't rely on simply subduing via TASERs: if the suspect is on illegal substances such a meth or spice, it would be the equivalent of using a fly swatter on a hornets nest.
I can't link it (on my I-phone now, sorry) but yesterday in West Palm Beach, FL a LEO tried at first to subdue with a TASER to no avail. The suspect pulled out a gun & that's when the officer fired his gun.
Sorry, can't link it from my phone. :(

That's OK I have one from Md.

2:57 p.m. EDT August 23, 2014

Md. man with knives shot by police

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/maryland/2014/08/23/man--knife-shot-police/14491415/

The police officers responded to the report and confronted the man with a knife in the front yard, police said. An officer used a Taser, however the suspect ran inside of his home and came back out with a knife, authorities said.

He is not going to have to "live off the grid" or flee to Alaska. I am quite sure there are nice empathetic towns in MO (since he probably wants to remain close to family).

Check out the demographics of that state. He will be fine even in MO.

Actually...I was talking about me lol

Iirc, when I moved back into the area where I now live I was offered the chance to register to vote when I signed up for utilities.

And just adding to the voter info; there are certain crimes that mandates a criminal lose his right to vote for life.

Well, personally I don't think MB is "completely innocent." He made some bad choices. I just don't think he deserved to die from them. Police should only shoot a suspect as a last resort. Given this and the other recent incident nearby with the guy who stole the snacks and was also shot to death, I think police in that area are too quick to shoot suspects rather than using other methods to subdue/arrest them.

In the second incident, I believe the suspect had a knife. I've seen the video and the officers and the suspect are within feet of each other. Are you familiar with the Tueller Drill? 21 Foot Rule - The 21 foot rule states that the average person with a knife or sword can get to and cut a person in about the same time that the average person can draw and fire a handgun.

Revolvers don't have slides....just sayin' in case someone wants another option.

Very true! Plus they can't jam. Unfortunately revolvers don't have 17 round magazines which is one reason the police don't use them as standard sidearms anymore.

Not bashing revolvers, my car gun is a five shot .38 Lady S&W revolver. On the other hand if I expected trouble while driving I would upgrade to one of the large capacity semi-autos in the house.

When I watched the video I was listening to the mother scream Where is the ambulance?
My heart broke for her. I never heard this dude!

Is he saying that the police officer was shooting and missing so that is why MB rushed him?

Wow... I missed everything he said.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdL9dqkyjhM#t=357
.............................................................................................
Man2: "How'd get get from there to here?" [from the cop vehicle to down the street, or from where the hat was laying]

Man1: "Cuz he ran. The police was still in the truck"

Man2: "They came this way?"

Man1: "No...he was right there, the police was still in the truck...he was like...I don't know what was in his head..."[crosstalk]

Man2: "why his body come this way, though?" [why is Brown's body facing the cop vehicle]

Man1: "..in the truck....yeah, him and the police...[puttin] him in the police truck...he was like over the truck right now...but then he ran...police got out and ran after him...and then the next thing I know, he coming back towards the police...police had his gun drawn up already.."

All posts are MOO

Respectfully snipped/bolded by me for relevance to a question

In that last quote, I'm not sure what Man1 means by "he was like over the truck right now" but he must be talking about MB because Man1 added "but then he ran... police got out and ran after him." If MB was "over the truck" and Parks claims DW was "partially in the truck", then I'm envisioning DW sprawled, not upright, while MB looms over him, landing blow/s downward. If so, DW was at least rattled/dazed when he struggled upright and out in pursuit. Anticipating fed civil rights suit/Crump, Inc civil suit, it seems that any "he showed poor judgment claim" could be met with a successful "Your client maliciously rattled my brains" defense.

Grrrrrr..

Interesting....

I'm still waiting for the same type of background information on Mike Brown....where's that article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Wiki: "The population of Ferguson grew rapidly during the first six decades of the twentieth century, from 1,015 people in 1900 to 22,149 people in 1960, an average growth rate of 5% per year. Since 1960 the population has remained nearly constant. The racial composition of Ferguson has shifted since 1990, however. In 1990, residents of Ferguson who were identified in the U.S. Census as White comprised 73.8% of the total, while those identified as Black made up 25.1%.[24] (The remainder, 1.1%, identified with other racial categories.) In the 2000 census, 44.7% were White and 52.4% were African American. In the 2010 census, 29.3% were White and 67.4% were African American. "

So why are 9 of the jurors white, given that Ferguson is 64% African American? Doesn't seem to accurately reflect the demographics of the area. That concerns me, especially combined with the type of racism spouted by a recent poster's cop friend. Note: I'm not suggesting that racists are the majority in MO, but race issues do seem to be prevalent there.

don't know if someone responded but the Grand Jury is made up of those residing in StL County, not just the municipality of Ferguson

With regards to why police can't rely on simply subduing via TASERs: if the suspect is on illegal substances such a meth or spice, it would be the equivalent of using a fly swatter on a hornets nest.
I can't link it (on my I-phone now, sorry) but yesterday in West Palm Beach, FL a LEO tried at first to subdue with a TASER to no avail. The suspect pulled out a gun & that's when the officer fired his gun.
Sorry, can't link it from my phone. :(

That's no reason to not even TRY the taser, IMO! It sounds like the officer in the case you described acted properly. MB did not have a gun, edged weapon or anything else pointed at OW.

That's OK I have one from Md.

2:57 p.m. EDT August 23, 2014

Md. man with knives shot by police

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/maryland/2014/08/23/man--knife-shot-police/14491415/

The police officers responded to the report and confronted the man with a knife in the front yard, police said. An officer used a Taser, however the suspect ran inside of his home and came back out with a knife, authorities said.

I didn't save links, I'll try and google again, but a search for "when use of deadly force is justified," there were references that even the threat of an unarmed person can be justified depending on the circumstances at that particular moment.

Also, links have previously been posted re: the Supreme Court decision on this, and Rehnquist's ruling speaks to this and also adds how 20/20 hindsight can't be a contributing factor when determining whether or not a shooting is justified.

I'll look for links again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member