MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a jury summons last week.. ours comes from voter registration lists.

Cool! I hope for you that it's an interesting case! If you are selected you probably can't tell us about it til its over, though. JMO

Stood over him and emptied his clip into him?

Shot him because his hands were in his pocket?

:facepalm:

And if you noticed, it was shared with over 5200 people. :facepalm:

In NC, when the 'economically distressed' apply for assistance, such as food stamps, Medicaid, etc. they are given the option to register to vote. Just saying...

http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/vot/nvra/activ_nvra.php

In addition to whatever other methods of voter registration which States offer, the Act requires states to provide the opportunity to apply to register to vote for federal elections by three means: Section 5 of the Act requires states to provide individuals with the opportunity to register to vote at the same time that they apply for a driver's license or seek to renew a driver's license, and requires the State to forward the completed application to the appropriate state of local election official.

Section 7 of the Act requires states to offer voter registration opportunities at all offices that provide public assistance and all offices that provide state-funded programs primarily engaged in providing services to persons with disabilities. Each applicant for any of these services, renewal of services, or address changes must be provided with a voter registration form of a declination form as well as assistance in completing the form and forwarding the completed application to the appropriate state or local election official.
Section 6 of the Act provides that citizens can register to vote by mail using mail-in-forms developed by each state and the Election Assistance Commission.
Section 8 of the Act also creates requirements for how States maintain voter registration lists for federal elections. The Act deems as timely those valid voter registration applications by eligible applicants submitted to designated state and local officials, or postmarked if submitted by mail, at least 30 days before a federal election. The Act also requires notification of all applicants of whether their voter registration applications were accepted or rejected. The Act requires States to keep voter registration lists accurate and current, such as identifying persons who have become ineligible due to having died or moved outside the jurisdiction. At the same time, the Act requires list maintenance programs to incorporate specific safeguards, e.g., that they be uniform, non-discriminatory, in compliance with the Voting Rights Act, and not be undertaken within 90 days of a federal election. The removal of voters for non-voting or for having moved can only be done after meeting certain requirements provided in the Act. The Act allows for removal of voters from registration lists when they have been convicted of a disqualifying crime or adjudged mentally incapacitated, where such removals are allowed by state law. The NVRA also provides additional safeguards under which registered voters would be able to vote notwithstanding a change in address in certain circumstances. For example, voters who move within a district or a precinct will retain the right to vote even if they have not re-registered at their new address.

That would be an interesting poll, if someone were to set up a poll thread.

I think it's true, and just not YET substantiated publicly.

And I also think it's legally irrelevant if there was a fracture or not. The assault is what is significant, IMO.

JMO If its true it could be relevant in terms of impaired vision.....but you are right, not necessarily a legal issue.

I've been a regular juror 2x, each trial lasting less than a day. I was also on a GA grand jury, like the St Louis County one hearing the Ferguson case, that served a term lasting several months, with jurors only meeting periodically. This particular MO grand jury reportedly has been meeting on Wed. for several months already, which means they aren't strangers suddenly thrown together, knowing little if anything about each other. That's good news in a volatile case like this imo, because normal "suspicions"/first impressions strangers might have about each other will, hopefully, have already been dispelled by close association.

From your link:

In addition to it "not being seen as justice" if there is no indictment some folks are going to be especially peeved by the fact that many many folks have shown support for Off. Wilson online.

Officer Wilson will likely be in a position to buy a house and pay for it in cash when this is over.

I wonder what houses are selling for in Nome, Alaska?

??? Does anyone recall hearing or reading about which side of DW's face was injured? JMO

LOL yeah I thought about that too. My thoughts are buy a nice chunk of land, and build or move in a year.

Rioters like to riot, they virtually never go after the alleged "evil doer" as that would require planning, logic and even travel.

(ETA Zimmerman had a freaking bounty on his head and no one has gone after him despite the subsequent police/arrest reports that are surely public).

When I watched the video I was listening to the mother scream Where is the ambulance?
My heart broke for her. I never heard this dude!

Is he saying that the police officer was shooting and missing so that is why MB rushed him?

Wow... I missed everything he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdL9dqkyjhM#t=357

Man1:"that's the one that ran behind this one right here, cuz he ran up there where we was at - where we live at! Y'all, when I came back outside all I seen was that truck right there and dude was - I don't know what happened...." [he is referring to the police "truck"]

Man2: "whose hat is that right there?" [referring to Brown's hat in the street]

Man1: "that's his hat...I don't know what happened..."

Man2: "How'd get get from there to here?" [from the cop vehicle to down the street, or from where the hat was laying]

Man1: "Cuz he ran. The police was still in the truck"

Man2: "They came this way?"

Man1: "No...he was right there, the police was still in the truck...he was like...I don't know what was in his head..."[crosstalk]

Man2: "why his body come this way, though?" [why is Brown's body facing the cop vehicle]

Man1: "..in the truck....yeah, him and the police...[puttin] him in the police truck...he was like over the truck right now...but then he ran...police got out and ran after him...and then the next thing I know, he coming back towards the police...police had his gun drawn up already.."

Man2: "oh, the police got the brother [crosstalk]??"

Man1: "the police shot him...the police kept [dumping?] on him...I'm thinking that the police missing, like he like...police were like at this far corner[?]....[crosstalk]...police fire shots...next thing I know I think he's missing..."

Man2: "The police shoot him?"

Man1: "The police shot him...next thing I know, I think he's missing...and the the dude started running, coming TOWARDS the police!"

All posts are MOO

Great transcription, thank you!

BBM This has always stuck out to me? Thoughts?

Another interesting thing for me is toward the beginning.

Someone says (not the guy discussed here) to camera guy, "he just shot him, shot him even when he was down"
Camera guy: what, they shot him when he was down?
Other guy: "well that's what someone said"
I'm paraphrasing a bit, but my point is within minutes there was a narrative circulating, started by who knows, and it just kept being repeated, regardless of how accurate the narrative was.

JMO

I've been a regular juror 2x, each trial lasting less than a day. I was also on a GA grand jury, like the St Louis County one hearing the Ferguson case, that served a term lasting several months, with jurors only meeting periodically. This particular MO grand jury reportedly has been meeting on Wed. for several months already, which means they aren't strangers suddenly thrown together, knowing little if anything about each other. That's good news in a volatile case like this imo, because normal "suspicions"/first impressions strangers might have about each other will, hopefully, have already been dispelled by close association.

Completely agree, they are also very familiar, and comfortable with how the whole process works.

I don't think we have seen this video of the scene yet. If this is OW, these are the closest shots I have seen of him:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202626960300648&set=vb.1396699302&type=2&theater

I don't know how to view it on anything else but FB.

ETA--Just read the comments from the person that posted this :banghead:

Here is another one once the orange barrier has been put up and the people are complaining about not being able to see what is going on.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202628061568179&set=vb.1396699302&type=2&theater

Thanks, SStarr! I downloaded them both in case they disappear too. :)

I agree that it doesn't make a lot of difference what the exact injury to DW's eye/face actually was. Any blow to the eye or nose could affect sight at least temporarily, and we are talking about a 50 second interval. The Ferguson police said that officer Wilson was treated for facial injuries at the ER, a claim that is easily verifiable. I doubt the chief was blatantly lying at press conference. I tend to think the orbital blow out fracture is true only because it is so specific. I think any person hoping to amp up the narrative would have settled for more generic terms, something like fractured eye socket, maybe. All MOO

And nobody should be suggesting that this particular jury was "hand picked" for this particular incident either. Good.

When he says "look at them, they're scared as sh**"

He's talking about LE :

Is that his mentality? Does he want LE to be scared of them?

Yeah and they are laughing. They don't seem so upset that there is a dead man laying in the street. They care more about laughing and joking about LE. :facepalm:

Couple of options:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/26/a...animal-planet-and-escaping-alaska-on-tlc.html

The Animal Planet series follows a small group of people who live on houseboats on Great Slave Lake in the Northwest Territories of Canada. Freedom! Individualism! Moose hunting!

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/ice-lake-rebels/videos/brand-new-series-ice-lake-rebels.htm

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/escaping-alaska

Live off the grid or swap with a young person who wants to escape Alaska.

The conclusion also seems to have been made that MB is completely innocent. It's an odd phenomenon, folks can speculate about info and evidence favorable to MB based ONLY on very flimsy witness accounts, but anything favorable to DW is discredited, minimized, or claimed to be false information.

First, there has to be evidence of facial injury. We have that, Balmer's statement. Unless you think the chief of a totally different dept. lied in public, risking his rep if he made it up. So, intellectually, saying we don't know if there is a facial injury is disengenuous.

Then, it's context of facial injury. Any supposition that the face injury was from a punch and there are cat calls that people have concluded DW is innocent and hoping for evidence to support. Any supposition it was from the car door bouncing back is believed as gospel, even as the witnesses have been more or less discredited and shown as liars.

There is far more information to suppose Wilson was justified than excessive in force at this time. As far as legal matters before the GJ, yes, we should wait. As far as matters here for discussion, I fail to see why some insist on the snarky comments that people have concluded Wilson is innocent and folks are hoping for evidence to prove it. So far, every piece of information has been more favorable to DW than Mike Brown, save for the very shaky witnesses who can't pass my smell test, much less a veteran investigator or trial lawyer.

I have no dog in this fight, if Wilson is guilty, string him up. But if he's not, let's not convict him to gain retribution for social injustices that are totally unrelated. One question to ponder...if the cop was just looking to bust a cap in someone, why the gentle giant and not Dorian? Why the guy who stole the smokes, flashed gang signs, and was much tougher to tangle with? Seems to me Dorian was the much easier mark and the primary negotiator according to DJ himself. So, why Mike?

Well, personally I don't think MB is "completely innocent." He made some bad choices. I just don't think he deserved to die from them. Police should only shoot a suspect as a last resort. Given this and the other recent incident nearby with the guy who stole the snacks and was also shot to death, I think police in that area are too quick to shoot suspects rather than using other methods to subdue/arrest them.

Yeah and they are laughing. They don't seem so upset that there is a dead man laying in the street. They care more about laughing and joking about LE. :facepalm:

And yet some people will wonder why LE is on high alert in certain areas. The more time that goes by and the more things I see and read, I'm shocked that Officer Wilson survived this attack.

I know he might not feel like it now, because he's had to go into hiding and his life as he knows it is gone, but he is a lucky, lucky man that he escaped with his life.

With regards to why police can't rely on simply subduing via TASERs: if the suspect is on illegal substances such a meth or spice, it would be the equivalent of using a fly swatter on a hornets nest.
I can't link it (on my I-phone now, sorry) but yesterday in West Palm Beach, FL a LEO tried at first to subdue with a TASER to no avail. The suspect pulled out a gun & that's when the officer fired his gun.
Sorry, can't link it from my phone. :(

In NC, when the 'economically distressed' apply for assistance, such as food stamps, Medicaid, etc. they are given the option to register to vote. Just saying...

This is good to know. I hope it is routine. TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member