MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, Luckovich is a Pulitzer Prize winning political cartoonist.

Many may not agree with the sentiments illustrated, but many do, and it is their right, and his to express that view.

IMO. MOO. (Except the info about Luckovich. That is fact.)

http://www.pulitzer.org/biography/2006-Editorial-Cartooning

OMG, EvilSoup, you & I, we want to (censored) the offenders against young children just the same, you & I. And this guy, this M. Luckovich, he & I have both been Atlanta residents for a....respectable...numbers of years, and I STILL am thinking he's an instigator this time! I don't know, two decades I have subscribed to this paper with this guy and have agreed with him a few times, but he's wrong on this, IMO.

Dr. Drew tonight said he had some not-so-good experiences with police in his life and one time when he was 15, was grabbed and jerked around for basically doing nothing but muttering under his breath.

He also said that did not paint all cops as bad guys, and that those bad experiences did not teach him that cops are the enemy.

He said he wonders if it is a cultural thing that minorities are taught that LE is the enemy.

I know it's DD, but I thought it was interesting to hear his experience. A woman on the show said "the one with the gun is the one who won!". That is really sad to me. That is not respect, that is fear and bullying. :(

I, too, have had some unsavory LE experiences (getting "patted down" in a really nasty (squeezing my breasts) way for a traffic stop-not DUI and no sobriety test....just ran a red light). And it was a male officer. It was humiliating. But I was 20 and in a college town and my parents said I shouldn't be running red lights, so I guess I felt like I deserved it.

BUT, I do not think all cops are bad. I do, however, think that they aren't all heroes. They are human. And like any group, LE has it's share of bad apples.

IMO, OW's statement (have we even HEARD it yet?) is not enough to exonerate him from any wrong doing.

Just thought I would share what was on the show. And MOO about it.

Nope, only thing new I haven't shared is that Daryl Parks picked up a new eyewitness today at the funeral. He said it on CNN this evening--no links out yet.

Only one? :rolleyes:

I guess he wasn't trying hard enough

OMG, EvilSoup, you & I, we want to (censored) the offenders against young children just the same, you & I. And this guy, this M. Luckovich, he & I have both been Atlanta residents for a....respectable...numbers of years, and I STILL am thinking he's an instigator this time! I don't know, two decades I have subscribed to this paper with this guy and have agreed with him a few times, but he's wrong on this, IMO.

Yes. I agree that invoking MLK may have been too much.

But Luckovich is a very poignant commentator. His 9/11 cartoons :)(weird word to use for such a grave subject) are framed in my office. I see them every day.

I came to live in Atlanta in the early 90's-sounds like we are contemporaries. Sadly, I left a few years ago, but miss it.....and Luckovich. :)

I'd like to see that information as well. Like I said, the distance between the two is only part of the equation. If MB was in fact "rushing" at a good speed towards officer Wilson, it will make a difference in whether this was a justifiable police shooting to me.

If MB was walking back towards at a slow pace it could mean that Wilson could have used other tactics. JMO.

I posed the question earlier: what could MB do to not get shot after he stopped running. Walking back slowly was not on the answer list Anything less than laying down with his hands in plain view seemed to be the consensus answer to avoid being shot.

I only go to people that I know, if I know and care about their loved ones....If I do go...I never approach the casket. I'm there solely for those left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never approach open casket. Even for family. I cannot do it and I make no apologies for that. I am there to honor the life, not view the death.

I know some people need to see their loved ones in that state. I respect that.

When DW is fully exonerated, where does he go to get his good name back after being demonized by politicians, celebrities, and the media?

When I found out Baden was going to do the family's autopsy, I was pretty confident that he would be objective.

By now, after seeing him say some of the things he's said, most notably, his statements about Wilson, I've completely lost trust in him. It makes me sad and a little angry.

I do not dispute his findings, which were very limited by the previous autopsy. I find his subsequent apparent buckling to participate in the spin doctoring going on regrettable and disappointing. But I do believe he was objective in his autopsy and in his presser afterwards.

I had a lot misperceptions about a grand jury.We here together learned about it. The media obviously has not, nor do the residents of Fersusion.

The media keeps messing this up. We have to wait for G/J before we know the facts.

Grand Juries are done in total complete secrecy. When done they release nothing.

There will be two utterances at its occlusion - indict (alright three utterances!) do not indict. Period.

No information will be released, nothing more than we know now.

The notion of "expectations" in this suturation, is huge.

If do not indict is the answer, with that being the only information provided we are right back (as far as belief systems go) we have been the last three weeks--except with more vigor (scary). It will, reinforce the notion that "whites' have rigged everything /

Another thing I learned today (CNN) is it takes 9 people to go one or other ---great there are 9 whites, and three AA.

It is a bright group I need say no more

Big trouble

An in relfelcection in thinking back when asked about arrest history intially the answer was none..As time passed the answer to that question changed to juv records are sealed hummm

i could swear i remember reading that Gov. Nixon stated that if there was no indictment, he would release information/records to the public. anyone else remember? i tried googling to no avail.

as for the GJ itself, its very good that this particular group has been working as a unit for a number of months. they should be comfortable working together, and they should have a very good understanding as to what their responsibilities are. those are good things IMO

most in the media are very aware how GJs work, many of these anchors have covered numerous high profile cases before. there aren't major differences from county to county or state to state. i know it was either Parks or Crump that has tried to make it out as if this one is being held in secret b/c it furthers their "we can't trust the system" narrative, but they should be ashamed of themselves for make such statements.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say about the juvenile records???? :)

I posed the question earlier: what could MB do to not get shot after he stopped running. Walking back slowly was not on the answer list Anything less than laying down with his hands in plain view seemed to be the consensus answer to avoid being shot.

I'm not sure what happened in this case. As far as I know, MB charged officer Wilson after he had assaulted him in the police vehicle. That would make this a justifiable police shooting to me.

If MB didn't assault officer Wilson at any time and was merely walking back after fleeing the scene, then I would have some doubts about this being a justifiable police shooting.

I need more evidence before I'm certain about this case. At the same time, I haven't seen clear evidence that says Wilson acted inappropriately. The eyewitness statements are not consistent or believable to me. JMO.

I do not dispute his findings, which were very limited by the previous autopsy. I find his subsequent apparent buckling to participate in the spin doctoring going on regrettable and disappointing. But I do believe he was objective in his autopsy and in his presser afterwards.

Maybe the cost of being married to a defense attorney. The spin :scared: rubbed off on him. :wink:

When DW is fully exonerated, where does he go to get his good name back after being demonized by politicians, celebrities, and the media?

Where would he even start? But, he's risen above adversity before (in his upbringing) hopefully he will again.

I've been watching the snippets from today's funeral and it is just unbelievable to me what this has turned into - it is a national disgrace, in my opinion. What a mockery of what was meant to be a solemn occasion to mourn a young man's death. But it turned into vitriol, anger, judgment, politics and just plain out ugliness. It is literally like watching a bad dream, or a very poorly written, over-the-top, overacting and completely stereotypical movie-of-the-week. :tantrum:

i could swear i remember reading that Gov. Nixon stated that if there was no indictment, he would release information/records to the public. anyone else remember? i tried googling to no avail.

as for the GJ itself, its very good that this particular group has been working as a unit for a number of months. they should be comfortable working together, and they should have a very good understanding as to what their responsibilities are. those are good things IMO

most in the media are very aware how GJs work, many of these anchors have covered numerous high profile cases before. there aren't major differences from county to county or state to state. i know it was either Parks or Crump that has tried to make it out as if this one is being held in secret b/c it furthers their "we can't trust the system" narrative, but they should be ashamed of themselves for make such statements.

I'm not sure what you were trying to say about the juvenile records???? :)

Some of these people have no shame, probably don't even know what the word means.

:cow:

Nope, only thing new I haven't shared is that Daryl Parks picked up a new eyewitness today at the funeral. He said it on CNN this evening--no links out yet.

Oh dear, that sounds so damn tacky IMO.

I've been watching the snippets from today's funeral and it is just unbelievable to me what this has turned into - it is a national disgrace, in my opinion. What a mockery of what was meant to be a solemn occasion to mourn a young man's death. But it turned into vitriol, anger, judgment, politics and just plain out ugliness. It is literally like watching a bad dream, or a very poorly written, over-the-top, overacting and completely stereotypical movie-of-the-week. :tantrum:

It was a total farce! I think I have a headache from all the eye rolling I did while watching snippets.

So was it a test? We didn't get the right answer? What's your point? I saw approximately 10 different responses to your question with everything from freezing with your hands in the air, to getting down on your knees, to laying down on the ground, etc...but basically, the answers were "obey the commands of the officer." It is apparent that MB did NOT obey the commands of the officer, which is what apparently got him shot.

Now...walking backwards with hands in the air? Hmmmm.....not so sure that's a great idea either....might be construed as getting away, or getting a better chance at getting away. When an officer (particularly one you just assaulted) tells you to freeze, that is exactly what you do. You freeze and then you await the next command and follow it. THAT is what will keep you from getting shot. You can sort out the rest later, i.e. was the officer being overly mean to you.

IMO

By following EXACTLY the officers orders, starting with FREEZE!

MB already proved to be very strong and very dangerous by assaulting the officer and trying to grab his gun. Then turning around and trying to bum rush the officer. JMO.

Wtf did I just watch? That was one of the most despicable acts I've ever seen. Why would he start smacking/punching that women like that? Why would everyone just stand and watch it happen? :) :) :)

I'm
Absolutely horrified...I'm still trying to process what I just saw...and all those children and people just milling around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So MB's family on CNN just now said .. what kind of person can put 6-7 bullets in a 18 y/o kid and then go on vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhernan1215