MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mine has been wonky since last october. ocTOber. I can successfully thank a post maybe half the time. when it doesn't work I get a pop-up box that says "message from webpage" with an ! inside a yellow triangle. each time I have to close that box and refresh the page to get the thanks button to reappear. it is a tedious/annoying process. I haven't changed my antivirus or anything else, and it doesn't happen on other sites. ocTOber!!!

Oh:(

Well please consider every post I agree with I really did try to thank!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends upon how long you've been away. Sound recording recorded the shooting (we think) that shows about 10 total shots (6 at first then a pause then 4 more)
Someone is trying to get MB's juvenile records as rumors are saying he has a juvenile record with a 2nd degree murder charge and that he is a crip
Black Panthers disguised as lawyers are suing Ferguson police for brutality brought on by the BPs inciting the looting and violence
Rumor that MBs DNA found on OWs face and OWs DNA found on MBs hands
DJs bracelet seems to have fallen off somehow at the scene of the incident right next to OWs vehicle
We have determined that OW was coming TOWARD MJ and DJ - yet for some reason, many of us thought he came up behind them
Thank you! That sums it up.

All posts are MOO

I said that I am convinced he was guilty of SEVERAL things leading up to the incident that leads me to very easily assume (unless proven otherwise) that MB did, in fact, instigate the entire incident and needlessly put a police officer in the unfortunate situation of having no other choice but to shoot him dead. Yes. And this came after starting out thinking he was a perfectly innocent kid and the preponderance of evidence that has come forward has completely changed my mind.

IMO that the most logical & consistent conclusion based on everything we do know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem for me with this is that DJ is the only one that said Officer Wilson told them to get the *advertiser censored*ck out of the street and I don't find him a credible witness at all because he's already been proven to be a liar. I'll give a few quick examples, 1) he said that MB fell to the ground and curled up into the fetal position, 2) he said he saw MB get a gunshot in his back, 3) he said that he had just run in MB and started walking with him 20 minutes before.

So IMO I don't believe Officer Wilson said those words to them at all.

It boggles my mind that anyone is taking anything said by DJ as truth. He is a LIAR. Look at his record - specifically LYING (I mean...how many people have actually been charged with "lying???" We know he lied about MANY things, so nothing he says can be taken as truth.

And excuse me? If my kids are walking down the middle of a street like THAT (main drag, 2-way street, yellow line down the middle, with steady traffic) I would hope he would tell them to get the eff out the middle of the street. And hopefully, my kids wouldn't be stupid enough to say anything other than, "yes officer - sorry!"

Did you not see the robbery video? I saw it with my own two eyes and he's guilty. Even DJ admitted that. And even MBs attorney admitted there was an very serious altercation in the vehicle, but that it doesn't mean anything. We also know that MB was high at the time of the shooting and that he was, by even DJs admission, walking down the center of the street and refused to get out of the center of the street. So yes...I feel pretty confident that MB was quite guilty of all of those things. (Don't forget...when all this started, I thought he was an innocent unarmed kid with his hands in the air begging for mercy.)

bbm

Maybe it was actually not so good thing that many on here started out with this picture in your minds.

I pretty much ignored the case until like the day before I started posting on here. So I had no, or little, pre-conceptions in my mind. I had heard bits and pieces, but after so many cases with media coverage, I had learned NEVER to trust what the media said regarding a case. I knew it was probably not as simple as they said.

So maybe this is the difference. If I may, maybe your pre-conceptions of the case formed your current opinions. Because you went in thinking MB was just a kid walking in the street. Then you learned about robbery, etc..

I got everything at once. I learned (other than brief snippets on news which I wasn't interested in at the time) of killing, robbery, assault, etc., all at once. So like imagine if someone comes on this thread today for the first time - they will get a much fuller picture and they won't have pre-conception of MB as this completely innocent kid.

And I think it could be possible that OW provoked MB and that maybe he did provoke MB with by pointing his weapon and him or some over-reaction to the situation which lead to Michael's death.

JMO.

mine has been wonky since last october. ocTOber. I can successfully thank a post maybe half the time. when it doesn't work I get a pop-up box that says "message from webpage" with an ! inside a yellow triangle. each time I have to close that box and refresh the page to get the thanks button to reappear. it is a tedious/annoying process. I haven't changed my antivirus or anything else, and it doesn't happen on other sites. ocTOber!!!

What browser/device are you using? I use Firefox on a Macbook and it works great most of the time. I do find the "thanks" button disappears fairly often, but when I refresh the page, it shows back up.

I am just gonna jump in here...

For all of you saying "OW didn't know he didn't have a weapon"...at the same time saying "He tried to take OW's gun!"

How does that compute in your heads? If he had a gun, he would have pulled it out and used it instead of trying to take OW's!! Since you seem to think he tried to take it...what was he gonna do with it? Throw it in the bushes?

And another thing. Regarding the radio caller. She said MB yelled at OW "What are you gonna do...shoot me?" and then "bumrushed" OW. He had already shot him in the car!

What person do you know that has already been shot goes running TOWARDS a gun being fired in their direction? I would love to hear the explanation for that! After first running away?

There are some pretty incredible claims being made out there. That make zero sense! Of course, IMO and all!

MB could have had a knife. What do I think MB was gonna do with it after he took it? I think he was going to kill Officer Wilson

Re why MB was running toward Officer Wilson, me personally, I think MB was on something and I also think he was cocky enough to think Officer Wilson wouldn't shoot him. He wouldn't be the first person to do something that stupid and he won't be the last I'm sure.

And speaking of incredible claims, did you hear the one about how an LEO with commendations and no complainst filed against him in the 6 years he's served all the sudden one day decides to shoot and kill an unarmed teen known as a gentle giant walking to grandmas house in broad daylight?!

Pretty incredible, right?

Robbery is a different event. Ok.

Unfortunately MB was wearing a red Cardinals hat and yellow socks. The bolo went out 5 min before OW rolled up.
OW was prepared to take MB in to question him and possibly arrest him.
Then there's the cigarillos.

All posts are MOO

For all of you saying "OW didn't know he didn't have a weapon"...at the same time saying "He tried to take OW's gun!"

How does that compute in your heads? If he had a gun, he would have pulled it out and used it instead of trying to take OW's!! Since you seem to think he tried to take it...what was he gonna do with it? Throw it in the bushes?

And another thing. Regarding the radio caller. She said MB yelled at OW "What are you gonna do...shoot me?" and then "bumrushed" OW. He had already shot him in the car!

What person do you know that has already been shot goes running TOWARDS a gun being fired in their direction? I would love to hear the explanation for that! After first running away?

There are some pretty incredible claims being made out there. That make zero sense! Of course, IMO and all!

Your right...zero sense...unless you're stoned out of your mind. I mean, why else would you think you could strong arm rob a store and not have the police called? Not be caught on camera? Walk down the center of a fairly busy road carrying stolen merchandise and not get out of the street when a cop tells you to. MB did a lot of things that are already documented that show he most certainly wasn't acting or thinking like a logical person whatsoever. OW just got up that morning, got dressed and went to work.

Mine disappears, but if I go back a page and then come forward again it reappears

All posts are MOO

MB could have had a knife. What do I think MB was gonna do with it after he took it? I think he was going to kill Officer Wilson

Re why MB was running toward Officer Wilson, me personally, I think MB was on something and I also think he was cocky enough to think Officer Wilson wouldn't shoot him. He wouldn't be the first person to do something that stupid and he won't be the last I'm sure

Well I suppose that anyone, at any time, "could have a knife" and it's not even illegal if it's under a certain size, at least in the State I used to live in. But I don't think that OW saw a knife in MB's hand because 1.) There was no knife used or shown in the robbery tape, and 2.) There was no knife in MB's hand when he died, and none mentioned in any reports about the body. So why do you think he had a knife again? Do you have a link to that?

And I think that maybe after the robbery and assault of the office he knew he was past the point of no return so went for broke.

ETA - I have said for some time after learning about the robbery and the scuffle at the car, that although MB was unarmed, he wouldn't have been in a matter of about 2 seconds - because he would have gotten that gun and used it on OW.

We are on a message board though and not in a court of law. UIPG is a judicial standard that only jurors have to abide by when they sit down before the evidence begins. They are to presume the defendant is innocent until evidence proves otherwise.

But I do agree with you in a way. From day one of this nightmarish case OWs constitutional rights have been totally ignored by the many angry protestors, political talking heads/AA leaders, reporters, and lawyers connected to this case. The Black Panther party have called for OWs death. All of these people have already found OW guilty even without a GJ indictment much less a trial. And not only have they presumed he is guilty they have made terroristic threats as well.

But here at WSs it is a different guideline. We can have our own personal opinions one way or the other as long as we do it without violating TOS. So some will make MB into the innocent one and some will think this case is looking like a justifiable homicide and will be more supportive toward OW. We also can change our opinions at anytime if further evidence leads us one way or the other.

As of now I do support OW. In his 6 years as a law enforcement officer he has never had one complaint of wrongdoing. All the media outlets have tried their best to find any dirt on him and they have found nothing. So for him to just blatantly mow someone down for the hell of it doesn't match the character of OW that has been released. He not only had no complaints but he had recently received a commendation.

Imo, MB was a felon who was fleeing in order to escape being arrested. It is hard for me to just ignore the big elephant in the room. He not only had committed a strong armed robbery, assaulted, and bullied a small store clerk that day which made him a felony suspect but IMO within 15 minutes he also assaulted OW.

But as I said, if any information comes out against OW I will change my opinion if real evidence proves to me this shooting wasn't a justifiable homicide.

IMO

Thanks and I respect your opinion, as I do for all on here. And also, with you I have a special connection b/c of Joshua Young...LOL.

Re why MB was running toward Officer Wilson, me personally, I think MB was on something and I also think he was cocky enough to think Officer Wilson wouldn't shoot him. He wouldn't be the first person to do something that stupid and he won't be the last I'm sure.

And speaking of incredible claims, did you hear the one about how an LEO with commendations and no complainst filed against him in the 6 years he's served all the sudden one day decides to shoot and kill an unarmed teen known as a gentle giant walking to grandmas house in broad daylight?!

Pretty incredible, right?
I do too, which would explain why he would rush him after already being shot. Time will tell.
I also think he was going to shoot him.
He thought he had knocked him out but he was wrong.

Just my opinion at this moment.

All posts are MOO

Do we actually know if MB was shot while wrestling with OW in the car? I understand the gun went off in the car, but was anyone shot?

I don't usually go the "what if" route, especially in this case where the more I read, the less I know, but here goes my observations on the initial contact between Brown, Johnson and Wilson.

The act of walking down the middle of the street is of itself rude and provocative. It signals, "I own this, what you going to do?"

If and of course that might be a pretty big if, we believe Johnson, the young men elected not to walk on the sidewalk, but instead countered that they were "almost home". I realize Johnson and Brown don't represent the entire populace, but these two young men weren't acting as though they were fearful of an oppressive and racist police force. IMO, they were acting more like they were used to a police force that maintained a low profile in areas where the residents were either fearful of or aligned with gangs and unlikely to be cooperative with LE.

I don't know exactly what followed the initial contact, but the idea that OW is the person who provoked what followed just doesn't make sense to me. All my conjectures and MOO.

:thumb: Probably one of the most astute observations I've seen about this case...very well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState