MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No link so please delete if need be, but it's really nothing supporting one side or the other.

But speaking of witnesses, early on, local radio was interviewing someone who said there was an elderly lady who had been sitting outside through the entire event and saw it all. Anyone run across this? If true, she has remained awfully quiet and will be interesting to see what she has to say.

I haven't seen that one before, either, BUT... although it does seem to be early on, there is some crime scene tape up, across the road you can see it.

You are right. I was just coming to correct my earlier post since I replayed the video several times and finally saw the tape. Sorry.

Are you looking for post #979 here?:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...llow-shooting-of-teen-Michael-Brown-10/page40

ETA:

bbm
"210 feet / 70 yards - 14 seconds - potential distance average man can travel and function after receiving fatal wounds from officers pistol."

"Even if the officer fires two shots and gets good hits with both of them, the bad guy may have enough oxygen and adrenaline in his system to keep moving, in complete control of his motions, for another six to fourteen seconds!". bbm sbm
http://www.usadojo.com/articles/21-feet.htm

Seems a falling suspect w GSWs can still present a threat to LEO.

Anyone have further info/sources on this, other than feelings or TV shows?

Yes, that was exactly it. :thumbup: Thank you both so much.

I think it's a critical factor. If the case ever goes to trial, I don't doubt we'll hear it explained more.

I know cops are taught these things, but I haven't heard or read about it anywhere but here in relation to this case.

Has it been brought up much in the media?

Do we see indications that Brown had a lot of forward momentum when he collapsed dead on the pavement such as blood streaks, torn clothing and skin abrasions?

Where did "charged" originate? 3rd hand from DW>his girlfriend>Josie>public? It could be that Ofc. Wilson had been yelling, "Stop/Freeze/Get Down" etc. during the entire pursuit, and "turning around" was perceived as a hostile action. Turning around followed by any forward motion at all toward DW might have seemed very ominous ... to him in his "suckerpunched" condition. Unfortunately, the situation DW faced didn't occur in slow motion.

BBM
I said something similar yesterday in answering someone's question on how to surrender. Freeze means freeze. I mean if ODW had been assaulted, it's easy to understand in the seconds all this happened that he could misinterpret any sudden movements in his direction. Especially if it's true his weapon was fired in the SUV during the altercation. I mean I would be on high alert and scared for my life knowing someone had fought over my weapon seconds earlier. JMO

Jumping off your post... BBM

It would be interesting to see which witness each of us believes the most to least. Or a top few.

My #1 would be the Black Canseco unknown speaker background guy.
Because it was such a candid description of what he had just seen first hand, and he seemed to be so frankly earnest.

I would also rank the unknown speaker near the top of my list. I think he is truthful with no agenda. However, some of what he says his hard to understand.

Do we see indications that Brown had a lot of forward momentum when he collapsed dead on the pavement such as blood streaks, torn clothing and skin abrasions?

I could be wrong, but anything would be rumors or speculation. I think all we can say for certain is he fell forward and maybe Baden or someone said he had abrasions to his face. Can't recall for certain but don't remember anything else.

Not that I'm aware of. Just another reason I'm dying for more details to come out.

As it pertains to the distance covered at x speed, I think it's most important to consider how that was taught to OW.

Add up those traveling numbers, then compare with the time it took to take the final shot. 8 secs?

I don't know how far away MB was, but even if he had been significantly farther than 35' away when he turned around, OW would have known the potential danger.

Am I making any sense? Lol
I have too many irons in the fire to focus today to try following, much less posting. :o

Anyone know if Black Canesco has been interviewed by LE? MY guess is that he has. My guess also is that if he gave a sworn statement, it probably did not include MB running toward DW,but vice versa. Seems as though many are relying on that to fit their narrative of the incident. Clearly, to me, he was sympathetic to MB. Just saying.....JMO

If he has, he's certainly not seeking out the spotlight, wonder if he has a lawyer too?

It would be interesting to see which witness each of us believes the most to least. Or a top few.

Because it was such a candid description of what he had just seen first hand, and he seemed to be so frankly earnest.

I would also rank the unknown speaker near the top of my list. I think he is truthful with no agenda. However, some of what he says his hard to understand.

I would rank him up there as #1 as well for the same reasons. It was right after the incident, and he likely wasn't even aware he was being recorded. IMHO, he had no reason at that moment to embellish anything. JMO!

Only skin abrasions were on his face according to Baden, because he fell on his face after being crouched and doubled up. If you noticed, the crime scene tape is not too far behind him, where, if he "charged" from there, should be some blood (possibly from the hand gash). There are no

evidence markers there, but that was very early on. I do not understand how they determined the dimensions of the crime scene to tape it, if they had not even found all the bullets and casings yet. ALL MY OPINION

No AFAIK it has not been confirmed that's a bracelet on the ground. I am still curious about where DJ's bracelet IS though.

Perhaps the bracelet was stolen. Not cool to display stolen property in front of LE. He was concerned and removed it. IMO

I give the Black Canseco speaker the most weight as well. He wasn't being interviewed and no MB supporters had gotten to him yet.

He was just speaking candidly to a neighbor

Perhaps the bracelet was stolen. Not cool to display stolen property in front of LE. He was concerned and removed it. IMO

I typed and deleted the same thing. I wonder if that is the reason for leaving and returning as has been said/reported.

That video must be Michael Brady's fiancee. If you've seen the MSNBC interview with M Brady, you can see the scene as maybe the second or third police vehicle arrive- it must have been taken seconds after the shooting and runs in the background of the interview with M Brady, not the CNN one...

You are right. I was just coming to correct my earlier post since I replayed the video several times and finally saw the tape. Sorry.

I would rank him up there as #1 as well for the same reasons. It was right after the incident, and he likely wasn't even aware he was being recorded. IMHO, he had no reason at that moment to embellish anything. JMO!

I'd like to think that witness told the same story to police/FBI. I hope so. I think of those people, mostly women, who showed up to clean up after the looters. I think of the unknown woman who asked Tim, "Y'all want a freeze pop?" I think of those precious children gathered for fun/learning at the Ferguson library since school was cancelled. And I wish there were a way to transport them away from that "community" to safer climes.

Anyone know if Black Canesco has been interviewed by LE? MY guess is that he has. My guess also is that if he gave a sworn statement, it probably did not include MB running toward DW,but vice versa. Seems as though many are relying on that to fit their narrative of the incident. Clearly, to me, he was sympathetic to MB. Just saying.....JMO

I should have made my post more clear. I don't give the Black Canseco's narrative the most weight. I believe the narrative given by the voice of the man in the background of the Black Canseco's video

I should have made my post more clear. I don't give the Black Canseco's narrative the most weight. I believe the narrative given by the voice of the man in the background of the Black Canseco's video

Right. I mean, Black Canseco might be a nice guy, but after telling everyone how (insert assassination narrative), then says outright, "That's what I heard." lol

He might be a good witness for showing how fast the story was spreading. ;)

ETA:... which makes unknown background guy's telling of what he actually saw first hand even more compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member