Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX2now ‏@FOX2now 20s
Too many people put in a request for the surveillance video. So, I had to release it

Since when does LE release stuff for that reason. If that's the case, I know there are a lot of cases on websleuths that will benefit. Anytime we want more information all we have to do is have every member following that thread send in a request?

Does anyone know why the chief is releasing sensitive information and yet he is NOT in charge of the investigation or in charge of community policing in Ferguson. Seems that Johnson was supposed to be in charge. Almost like Johnson is being dissed by the local police. They don't seem to be following any particular protocol .....

If there are protocol or jurisdictional issues between agencies, they should be handled internally, imo.

Anyone posting here local to STL, within 50 miles or so? If not, it's difficult to know Ferguson and the areas that surround it, a lot of dynamics at play. I can identify with the parents, the community, and LE...it would have been a miracle of epic proportions to have handled this perfectly and avoided what ensued. Sometimes, things just go the way they go, it's why I caution people in the PP to roll on intellect and not emotion.

I am.

Just catching up so apologize if already answered. Not sure I can link right now because I can't listen but it was in an interview I believe from yesterday with Chief Jackson. He was specifically asked about 2 names. One name the reporter I believe only knew of the first name. The second name (the cop involved) the reporter had first and last. Chief responded by saying that the first name doesn't even work for the force they have no "fill in the name" on the force. When he didn't respond to the second name, the reporter followed up with something to the effect of "so what about...". I think that's the reference. Because I'm watching most stuff on local news, not through links, I'll have to search for it.

I have no sound where I am but this is the press conference that the Mods were wanting a link for. Or at least I'm told it is. I can't listen to verify but am told it's at about the 10:18 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJoEjLlK_54

Since when does LE release stuff for that reason. If that's the case, I know there are a lot of cases on websleuths that will benefit. Anytime we want more information all we have to do is have every member following that thread send in a request?
Did you watch the PC? Maybe you should google it and watch it.

Did anyone watch the family presser that just ended? I tried to but comp kept freezing on me so I missed most of it. The main thing I heard from the atty was that the police were ' assassinating the victims reputation' by releasing that video and it is all a distraction. But was there anything elde of importance coming out?

Anyone posting here local to STL, within 50 miles or so? If not, it's difficult to know Ferguson and the areas that surround it, a lot of dynamics at play. I can identify with the parents, the community, and LE...it would have been a miracle of epic proportions to have handled this perfectly and avoided what ensued. Sometimes, things just go the way they go, it's why I caution people in the PP to roll on intellect and not emotion.

I live 15 miles southeast of Ground Zero by the Budweiser Brewery . . . rioting/looting has hit here, too - but we're ready NOW

Even with the recent info regarding Brown's criminal activity, you don't shoot to kill even a suspect who has his hands in the air and is surrendering. He is a victim. He was shot to death while surrendering. IMO, that's murder.

According to legal analysts and law enforcement commentators on the various MSM cable news channels I've been surfing, an officer is authorized, under certain circumstances, to use deadly force in the course of apprehending a felon or a suspected felon, even if the felon or suspected felon is fleeing.

I need more information at this point, though, in order to decide for myself if the use of lethal force was justified in this case.

It's been reported that the officer sustained an injury to his face during the initial altercation. If true, it's entirely possible that MB attacked the officer while the officer was in his patrol vehicle. Attacking a police officer is obviously a crime, although there are degrees ranging from 1st degree to 3rd degree. See below link for info regarding assault of a law enforcement officer.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C565.HTM

There have also been reports that the officer claimed MB was trying to take the officer's gun during the initial altercation. Even if true, MB obviously was unsuccessful in taking the officer's gun, since MB was shot & killed with the officer's gun.

David Klinger, an associate professor in the department of criminology and criminal justice at the University of Missouri–St Louis and a former officer with the Los Angeles police department, said there are two permissible circumstances in which an officer can use lethal force.

1.Constitutionally, a police officer can shoot a suspect who is threatening the life of the officer, a fellow officer or a member of the public, said Klinger, a use-of-force expert. This is known as the “defence of life” standard.

2.An officer can also shoot a fleeing suspect if the officer believes the suspect has committed a violent felony and his or her escape would pose a significant and serious threat, he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/15/michael-brown-when-can-officers-shoot-ferguson

At this point (based on the currently available information), I'm not persuaded that the circumstances meet the criteria for the lawful use of lethal force outlined in #1 and #2 in the above article.

I take his response to mean the news media were inundating his PI officer with the same request and instead of responding one-by-one, he released it to all news media at the same time. Which makes perfect sense, imo.

Earlier, someone was calling the chief a liar. I'm not going to let that stand without a link to an interview. :no:

I don't know if I'd call him a liar. I can't listen to verify if it was "No" or "No comment". My only recollection was "No" but I could be remembering wrong. If so, please delete my posts or I'll try to do so. I hope you saw my other post providing a link to the interview. If not, here it is again.

ETA - I don't see the problem with lying even if he did. They weren't ready to release it. Maybe they were in the process of moving his family to a safe location. There are a lot of reasons that would justify lying when someone got a lucky hit with the right name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJoEjLlK_54

I have not seen an autopsy report . . . has it been released? Family is requesting an impartial 2nd autopsy

But he is just an innocent young "teen", sheesh if he was a few months younger he would be referred to as a "child" by the media and everyone else.

I wonder if the media will change their description from college-bound to prison-bound?

However, the POTUS, nor anyone in the administration, should NOT comment any further on this situation, and should definitely NOT go to Missouri. OMG, what a cluster. I absolutely cannot believe that anyone there would think the POTUS should make a visit. That is simply outrageous, on a number of levels.

I agree with you. In 2006 or somewhere around there, we had a bad storm and there were lots of power outages. I heard one guy on a talk show that was enraged because the President didn't fly over in his helicopter because the caller's cable was out for six days! There are some weird people out there!

There is a legal FOIL request process. A judge decides whether the info can be released. If so, you must release it.
News agencies are always able to get documents - sooner or later.
Surprised that after all the trials streamed and televised over the past 10 years or so - that people don't know about it.
Maybe that says I am a trial watcher junkie ...

Did anyone watch the family presser that just ended? I tried to but comp kept freezing on me so I missed most of it. The main thing I heard from the atty was that the police were ' assassinating the victims reputation' by releasing that video and it is all a distraction. But was there anything elde of importance coming out?
For some reason they seem to think the photos depict something more evil than the video does and that is why they were released. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313