MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing truthful about that is that it's an opinion and I assume a truthful opinion. I believe the officer was fired for it because as stated it was also a racist comment.

Not in my humble opinion -- these mobsters regardless of race/color are not acting humane at all

Sounds like there's video of LE dispersing and arresting protestors this morning, but the protestors don't want to release it. Incriminating? The CNN truck is by there from reports. Wonder if they have footage?

:modstop:

Knock off the bickering back and forth. You all know what you can and what you can't post. We are on thread #24 and if you don't know by now what the rules are maybe you should take a refresher course. Talk about the case and what is happening, not what color clothing someone may be wearing. Get it? Now, no political sites can be linked. That is a given. If you find something about the case that you want to share and you want to paraphrase it, go for it. If it is something that is too political we will just remove it.

I believe so, look at the Phelps group at funerals. Free speech is not just for those you agree with- because then it becomes fascism.
Threats? I think the standard is credible.

I think the line is drawn when threats are made. WBC, as crazy as they are, don't threaten physical violence afaik.

There are a lot of challenges in these schools. But it's NOT a lack of money.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_7ad8b53c-bfa5-5abf-839e-4474c461e277.html

yeah, 'cause it's based on property values . . . and why are these properties being devalued?!

And how much are they paying the administrators in these unaccredited schools? we can go 'round & 'round but I live here & understand the dynamics

I would send my kid outside that school district, too, based on the issues in those schools (actually, I'd home school)

And that's the problem! It's the obvious truth that no one wants to address!

I'm willing to address! I've been at ODW/LEO rallies these past few weeks & have not seen any violence :)

I just don't understand what the protestors think they are accomplishing, bc IMO, the focus shifted long ago from the message to the actual protestors.

Wait you think they are supposed to be intelligent before they get to school? Or perform as well in the worst overcrowded and underfunded schools in the area?

I used to work at a school in LAUSD, in South Central. There were problems with being crowded and underfunded. But that was not the major problem.

ALL of the disadvantaged kids there had a chance to get an education. The poor kids from VietNam and from South Korea somehow managed to do their assignments and read their textbooks and study for their tests. But for some reason, most of the AA kids let things slide. They did not have the cultural imperative or family support or expectations, to do the work.

@Bob_Hudgins Officials never learn, Its combined ignorance & arrogance. But they always repeat the same mistakes. These r likely 2 b costly

Wow reedus...seems you have had your eyes opened.

My stance really hasn't changed much. Maybe a bit. From the get go, there has been protests during the day and I support their right to do that even if I disagree or even find what they say disgusting and then come night the violence emerges. I criticized Sharpton and others for scheduling protests for late in the day so they ended at dark where the criminal element could jump off of it and use it as a rallying cry. The main thing is that LE needs to announce it and let people know ahead of time to the otherwise peaceful protesters aren't getting caught up in confrontations.

I have said before that things have to progress in phases. We are at a point where LE has taken steps to re-connect with the community. There have been positive actions taken because of their voices being heard. As I see it, we are nearing that phase where the citizens have to now work with LE to eliminate the criminal element. They can do so by clearing themselves from the streets and telling LE they agree, anyone still on the streets is there with bad intents. They need to cooperate with identifying and helping LE arrest those who engage in true criminal behavior (not just the shouting, but physical acts). I'm sure a vast majority of the community were afraid to do so earlier on, but now they hopefully see that they actually have the numbers over the criminal element.

Wow. Protestors are now accusing Jackson of being drunk last night, and Nadal's retweeting all of it.

Of course she is :facepalm:

And if Jackson was drunk, who the heck can blame him?! Certainly not me

respectfully, I had my ex arrested for stalking me on social media/via communication devices while I was living in west StL County -- wasn't difficult at all! Just showed LE the texts he was sending me

That is a completely different fact situation. I didn't say it was difficult in all situations.

Hm. Per a QuickTrip rep, they have not decided to rebuild in Ferguson. Gatewaypundit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member