MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the name of justice for MB, right?

The protesters say this is a rogue group of non-residents coming to Ferguson to take advantage of the situation and steal/ loot. That's what they say, at least... not sure how they know this, but some protesters did protect some area businesses from looting themselves. I saw that myself on live feed.

BBM

Based on the shot pattern, that is not possible. If he were running away, it would be his LEFT forearm that would have the wounds. The shots appear to go from lower to upper in a diagonal pattern.

When running a lot of people turn their arms in and down to propel themselves. IT is possible as CW has said and other people. It is just a matter of physics.
It is possible that he got shot in the arm while running away and then turned and back to officer and received the rest of the shots facing him. But there is the possibility that he was shot while running away also. That can not be ruled out. IMO

He was not shot when he was on the ground. There are no witnesses that say that. He was up when he received the shots. The head shot is the one that killed him and took him down.

BBM

Yes, I agree. The shot to the apex (top of head) is the one that I thought was being addressed and gave my opinion on that..

CNN (The Situation Room),is reporting the case could go before the grand jury as early as Wednesday of this week.
They only meet once a week iirc from the article. It will take more than a week. imo.

I actually considered the "exposed forearm" scenario, but my experience with rapid fire shot patterns eliminates it as a possibility.

Reason: spelling

My god if I did that I would still be on my first post from 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When running a lot of people turn their arms in and down to propel themselves. IT is possible as CW has said and other people. It is just a matter of physics.
It is possible that he got shot in the arm while running away and then turned and back to officer and received the rest of the shots facing him. But there is the possibility that he was shot while running away also. That can not be ruled out. IMO

IF the officer were firing "wildly" (all over the place) maybe it would be possible. But this is an officer trained in small arms fire (they all are) and the shot pattern shows that the shots started at the hand and as the officer raised the weapon, firing rapidly, upward, the shot pattern reflects a diagonal pattern until the final shot to the head. That's physics and logic.

I actually considered the "exposed forearm" scenario, but my experience with rapid fire shot patterns eliminates it as a possibility.
I don't think there was rapid fire from the beginning. I think he could have shot once while he was running away hit the arm, Then watched him turn forward facing him and only then continued firing as MB closed the distance between them.

It is possible considering all the evidence so far so I have to consider it.

Not at all. He said it in the context of the people in their own communities can fear young men of color because they are their prey. Kinda like that shop keeper who looked like he feared Michael Brown. Obama acknowledged there is a problem in communities and there needs to be a coming together of schools, churches, parents, community leaders to find solutions.

I do wonder if Brown and Wilson had previous encounters because on the video it sure appeared Brown had previously encountered the clerk. Wilson was called from another call in the same part of town so if that is his regular patrol sector, perhaps these two had a history of confrontation. I can't figure out a better explanation for Brown's alleged taunting of him and then bum-rushed him. He basically did the same thing with the clerk. He left and then doubled-back to get in his face.

JMO

The solution is easy. Parents taking responsibility for their own children and not trying to place blame on others when their children misbehave.

It's called a spanking.

Never in a million, zillion, trillion years did I ever, ever, ever think to speak in a disrespectful manner to adults when I was a child (I suspect most here were raised the same.) Why do these kids find it acceptable? Answer: because their parents have allowed it. The problem is parents. Not community, not teachers, not law enforcement, not laws- parents.

Kids who disrespect other adults typically disrespect their parents. That crap has to stop.

If you (general you, public) have experience with small arms fire, and frequents a firing range, you (general you, public) will be able to easily verify my posts.

IF the officer were firing "wildly" (all over the place) maybe it would be possible. But this is an officer trained in small arms fire (they all are) and the shot pattern shows that the shots started at the hand and as the officer raised the weapon, firing rapidly, upward, the shot pattern reflects a diagonal pattern until the final shot to the head. That's physics and logic.

I don't think he was firing wildly. I can absolutely see him saying stop and firing a shot and not continuing to shoot until MB turned around and addressed him. IMO

I don't think he was firing wildly. I can absolutely see him saying stop and firing a shot and not continuing to shoot until MB turned around and addressed him. IMO

Exactly. He was not firing wildly, his shot pattern is direct and reflects the action of raising the weapon upwards.

Just watched Crunk on CNN, while the interviewer played a quick snippet of the friend of the officer, explaining his version. Crump was visibly upset with the guy for playing it and said it was just hearsay on the radio and he wont address it until the cop tells his story himself.

Cnn is about to be arrested St louis is now going nuts. geezus!

Exactly. He was not firing wildly, his shot pattern is direct and reflects the action of raising the weapon upwards.

Tawny, would you mind looking at my question on post #683? I know you might be able to answer it. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13