MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Pool on vice's live stream does not have an agenda and does not show his opinion. I enjoyed his live streaming the last 3 nights.

My husband and I watched it last night and had no clue who he is. Is he a reporter?

Why are they traveling to OH? Are they confused as to where Ferguson is?

I wish they'd round them all up and throw them on an island somewhere with the racist agitators on the other end of the spectrum until they either learn to get along or extinguishing each other completely. IMO

Sick of those types...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a firearms expert but IMO the bullets impact wouldn't cause MB to fall in any particular direction. It's how physics work. A bullet weighing less than an ounce won't "push" a 292 lb person backwards.

That only happens in television and movies. JMO.

I agree. He would already have to be going in that direction to call that way.

Tom Pool on vice's live stream does not have an agenda and does not show his opinion. I enjoyed his live streaming the last 3 nights.

Yep, apparently he's the last if a dying breed...he's a journalist;)

With Holder involved, I doubt this police officer is going to get a fair shake.

What bothers me is that it does not seem that the police are looking for the trouble makers and separating them from the peaceful protesters. They are lumping them all in together.

Dorian 's atty being interviewed by Greta on Fox. And some of what he says seems ridiculous. jmo

Also, he paints a picture of some very bold, brash behavior. He said the cop drives past the 2 teens, who had just committed the robbery 10 minutes earlier, and he asked them to step out of the way of traffic. And they did not do so, kept walking down middle of the road. Then cop reverses, and asks again, and they say NO< WE ARE ALMOST THERE< WE ARE STAYING WHERE WE ARE...

That is very stupid defiant behavior when you are carrying stolen merchandise from a strong armed robbery. Why not just step on the sidewalk, like asked? MB would probably be alive, smoking his cigarillos if they had.

Anyway, the lawyer says that after they said NO, the cop reaches out and grabs big Mike by the throat. And when Mike struggles to break free, the cop then says I AM GOING TO SHOOT YOU and grabs his gun.[really? ] [He left out the car door slamming him and the fight inside the car, imo]

Not even his own mother should believe that ridiculous tale. IMO

I'm not a firearms expert but IMO the bullets impact wouldn't cause MB to fall in any particular direction. It's how physics work. A bullet weighing less than an ounce won't "push" a 292 lb person backwards.

That only happens in television and movies. JMO.

It's not the weight of the bullet.. it's the velocity of the bullet against a person who is standing still.

Inertia:

"Inertia is the resistance of any physical object to any change in its state of motion, including changes to its speed and direction. It is the tendency of objects to keep moving in a straight line at constant velocity. ...Thus, an object will continue moving at its current velocity until some force causes its speed or direction to change." (bbm)

The velocity of the bullet was not enough to make MB fall back as he was moving forward (charging), thus his body would stay forward in the same motion. If he were standing still, no motion, no movement, no velocity, the body would fall backward.

What bothers me is that it does not seem that the police are looking for the trouble makers and separating them from the peaceful protesters. They are lumping them all in together.

Well, it's kinda hard for LE to determine who is who in the large crowds. It's not like the trouble makers wear signs saying, "Looter here!" or "I'm a Shooter!"

They actually mentioned this on the fox coverage that was being discussed upthread. The onscene reporter mentioned that the troublemakers are seeming to hang on the outskirts of the protest til the evening progresses and tempers flare and then they disburse more into and amongst the peaceful protesters and sort of hide among the crowds of those who are not causing problems and then all hell breaks lose.

I do not envy authorities trying to gauge who is simply a pissed off citizen and who is a rioter/looter/burner/bottle thrower/etc.

My husband and I watched it last night and had no clue who he is. Is he a reporter?

Tim Pool is a journalist with indy outlet Vice News, based in NYC.

He has bona fide press credentials. He's been asked by LE to show his credentials as he's been out reporting, and LE is satisfied with his credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily