MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thank you... just switch he for she :)

Doh!!! Foot in mouth! And so SHE was doing womanly things, like serving and protecting our country!!!

Thank you for your service!!!

ETA: I hope that doesn't come off condescending, because I think it's very womanly and manly of our soldiers who step up to the challenge of serving! It's an amazing thing that we have a volunteer force and that speaks volumes for the men and women who do that job!

I got a speeding ticket story. do they want to hear that. How my dad was a cop and the cop gave me a ticket anyway. I know can you believe it.

ROFL! I don't normally reply "ROFL", but this was HYSTERICAL!

:laughing:

When I was beaten near death and had that injury I fought back the entire time, and when it was all said and done got up and ran, not walked, to my neighbors since he had taken my phone when he left(which he did apparently for no reason other than I guess he had enough)...I am still not sure how I did it, I only looked at the pictures of my injuries once, and to say they were severe would be an understatement. I looked like ground beef or something, cuts and blood and swelling everywhere. Yet, I was still able to get up and run for my life. If at the time I would have been trained in weapons as I am now, my goal would have to been to get my gun, then seek my neighbors help.

Gee so sorry you had to go through that. Hugs

Did they bandage you up or wear a eye patch? Im wondering if he appears before GJ he will have bandages?

Exactly. You can't have a "vigorous prosecution" without a defendant.

You can however, have a vigorous INVESTIGATION without a defendant.

So what is the county prosecutor doing when he goes before the grand jury, investigating? To the layman it would seem he would be prosecuting, hence a prosecution.

I don't like Nixon much, although I don't live in Missouri and am not overly familiar with him. He seems like a Republican lite Dem. that throws a bone to the core constituents when he wants something like a higher office or national profile with Democratic donors. I am not trying to make this political just informing posters my bias or perspective and that I am not some sycophantic supporter of Nixon.

However, could he have just misspoke when he stated "vigorous prosecution"? I know many of those involved must be running on fumes at this point with constant press conferences etc.

Does anyone know how the police are handling this in terms of shifts? Are they running 3-8hr. shifts or 2-12hr ones? They must be getting burned out at this point.

-JMO

I'm an old so-and-so, but I thought that Jaywalking was a ticketable infraction. First a warning, then a ticket. JMO

But they were not 'jaywalking' from what I gather. Jay walking, which I was ticketed for once, lol, means crossing the street in an unlawful manner, like no crosswalk or light.

THese teens were walking straight down the center of the road, and blocking traffic. And when asked to get on the sidewalk, they said NO, we are a block away - we are staying here in the road.

Gee so sorry you had to go through that. Hugs

Did they bandage you up or wear a eye patch? Im wondering if he appears before GJ he will have bandages?

Thank you, it was an unfortunate event in my otherwise very blessed life, and in a way I am grateful for it because it motivated me to learn personal protection. Now do I wish I would have learned that just on my own? Of course! But needless to say now I am in a position to protect my life, and my daughter!

I had to wear an eyepatch but that is because my cornea was torn during it, I don't think I would have had to wear one otherwise but I'm not certain!

I will say the bruising was extensive and ran the gauntlet of rainbow colors before it went away!

I don't get what you're saying..........if he had waited for back up, MB would have been pursued for "assaulting an officer" *allegedly*, and any ensuing response by backup would have been in accordance to MB's response when confronted by backup.
LE responds with deadly force when deadly force is deemed. Does an unarmed man warrant to be shot 6 times? And no one REALLY knows the facts on whether MB was surrendering or advancing.

We still don't have the FACTS as to what REALLY took place, every article since the shooting happened adds or subtracts info that claims to be accurate.

First we have Wilson doing a road clear for a "Health Check".
Then Wilson is looking for the men in the BOLO.
Then it's "Health Check" and heard BOLO after the initial stop.
Then it's "Health Check" and subjects continued in the middle of the road.

Subjects had the LE door slammed into them.
Subject approached door.

Subject was grabbed by LE.
LE grabbed subject.

Do we know if the shot fired in the vehicle hit MB? Or are we even sure the firearm WAS discharged in the vehicle?

And no one has seen Wilson's incident report. Why? Why, if this is such a cut a dry, MB was "advancing" in a threatening manner, has it not surfaced? Is it because it has to be carefully tailored to fit eyewitness statements?

My hinky meter is on. Something stinks in Denmark.
A tactical team would have been called risking even more lives!

Assault people and your chances of being shot go up, assault a cop and those chances go up exponentially!

I think the people in Ferguson have the right to assemble protest etc but here's the reason why there is a "military police" force and why there is "Tear Gas on women & children":

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Up...the-outside-agitators-entering-the-fray-video

The police aren't targeting Mrs Smith from apt A walking with her Pastor but the following:

Among the groups active in Ferguson are the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP) and the Revolution Club of Chicago. The RCP – a small, mysterious, but nationally dispersed Maoist cell led by activist Bob Avakian – has been in the area since at least Wednesday, along with the Revolution Club and the New Black Panthers Party. The New Black Panthers Party has been classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, among other organizations.

“We have a responsibility to be here,” Lou Downey of the Revolution Club told The Kansas City Star. “We are revolutionaries. We’re working to do this in a way that puts an end to the system that for generations has criminalized youth, especially black youth, and rounds them up into prisons.”

This in fact a WAR in the streets of Ferguson, MO against those who are (for most part) peacefully asking for Justice being ginned up by Rev Al & Jesse Jackson insisting this is all racial and nothings changed in 50yrs AND... The Anarchists who literally want to destroy our form of Government by attacking Local Law Enforcement (they consider soldiers in their war) inciting them into violent confrontations and many times using the same mostly peaceful protesters as "Body Shields".

https://www.beaconreader.com/peter-tinti/days-of-peace-nights-of-violence-in-ferguson-missouri
Shows images and additional explanations of conflicts. Malik Zulu Shabazz (Malcom X took name Malik el Shabazz)states he's the 'former' leader of the New Black Panther Party and now Black Lawyers for Justice see http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/profiles/malik-zulu-shabazz from Southern Poverty Law.

There appears to be local leaders fighting the outsiders and watching this video http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2014/08/19/lawyer-local-pastor-we-will-march-tonight-in-ferguson/
I worry if there isn't some kind of intimidation only because of his hand on his shoulder see time mark 3:30 & again around 4:20 Pastor Mike reiterates Shabazz will not be welcome if..

IMO I do not have links to everything but I have seen what I felt was nervousness from other key notables over the last week: Dr Michael Baden Presser http://freedomslighthouse.net/2014/...n-michael-brown-autopsy-complete-video-81814/ appears Nation of Islam is behind the "lawyers"
AND
MLK III
http://uneditedpolitics.com/martin-luther-king-iii-full-speech-at-michael-brown-memorial-81714/

Also Antonio French the Alderman who tweeted pictures of the Communist Party throwing Moltov cocktails was suspiciously absent from protest last night.

Again this is all IMO.

This unfortunate situation IMHO is being used for the basis of a WAR on America or Amerikkka if you've been on Twitter's #ferguson.

I just wanted to share this info because unfortunately the influence of some to perpetuate race issues (usually ask for money when they show up to scene) and the actions of these militant agitators are exploiting this community, possibly reinforcing stereotypes and the lack of responsibilities for actions.

This is just ugly.

Yes it is.

Why do people want to break it down into simple terms on one end and extreme language on the other? Not directing this at you just jumping off your post and talking about the public in general.

He was executed because he stole cigars or he was jaywalking. Or, just because he stole cigars/jaywalked did he deserve the DP?

Jeeze Sorry I asked. Just wondered. JMO

Seriously???

Couldn't a special prosecutor take over or something???

Maybe this is why Gov has stated he won't do it :dunno:
I don't know about taking over once a GJ convenes. I know if a GJ doesn't indict it is a done deal.

So what is the county prosecutor doing when he goes before the grand jury, investigating? To the layman it would seem he would be prosecuting, hence a prosecution.

I don't like Nixon much, although I don't live in Missouri and am not overly familiar with him. He seems like a Republican lite Dem. that throws a bone to the core constituents when he wants something like a higher office or national profile with Democratic donors. I am not trying to make this political just informing posters my bias or perspective and that I am not some sycophantic supporter of Nixon.

However, could he have just misspoke when he stated "vigorous prosecution"? I know many of those involved must be running on fumes at this point with constant press conferences etc.

Does anyone know how the police are handling this in terms of shifts? Are they running 3-8hr. shifts or 2-12hr ones? They must be getting burned out at this point.

-JMO

No, he was questioned about it and said he stood by his remarks.

Very true, however I thought situation was more of someone looking for something quick to pawn. Turned out there were more, they were getting into houses to eat and clean up stolen a few small items. They were arrested when they somehow set house down street on fire later that week.

I don't know, I guess you pick your battles. On a Sunday afternoon 1 block from police station a higher than a kite man pulled a knife on me. I was lucky that when I decided to run for it a car with a huge man was driving by. He stopped and knife welder stopped chasing me and ran away. The police did take a report, but said don't expect an arrest.The time I was stabbed with hypodermic needle during day at park, another example. I could go on and on, but jest of it is due to circumstances we know police aren't going to solve it, so why bother calling.

It is a darn good thing for you there wasn't an armed intruder in the house as announcing you were armed and looking for them could have easily gotten you killed.

If someone was in the house you had no idea where they were or if they were armed, but now they knew YOU were there, you were armed, you were searching for them and they almost certainly knew where you were as they could hear you searching. You would have just stacked the deck strongly in their favor.

-JMO
That is part of it, sometimes witnesses will not talk to investigators, they can be forced to in front of a GJ under oath and threat of perjury charges.

What does that even mean? You also made a bad decision? It is not like joining automatically makes someone a good person. People used to be able to join the marines as a ways of serving serious jail time. I am not implying in anyway that is why you joined or many did, but the seems like an attempt to shut down any discussion on the role of gaining experience and maturity as one ages from a young adult to a more fully formed adult.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...pregnant-wife-marine-police-article-1.1907775

I am not trying to imply that many marines are like this one "bad apple" at all, but posters are quick to make sweeping generalization about poor minority youth with similar amounts of bad apples.

You certainly are making a sweeping generalization of the Marines and your generalization is simply wrong. Young offenders were never given the option of service in the United States Marine Corps rather than avoiding jail time. The Marines has always been an elite branch of the U.S. Navy. In 1968, military service was mandatory unless you had a legit exemption such as college and even then a man had to go into the service after college graduation. My older brother became a Marine Corps officer AFTER college graduation and the application process and the boot camp were rigorous. My BIL was in a street fight in Kansas City and was given a choice between jail and the U.S. Navy, Army or Air Force. He chose the Navy.

Frankly, I think the nation's problems with youth violence and gang activity would be alleviated considerably if they would once again implement the draft with mandatory service. But nobody has ever been able to enlist in the Marines to avoid jail. That's an insult to every Marine out there past and present.

JMO

I can't find where the above mentioned pursued his suspect after being shot.....

If you read the article, he shot the suspect from a distance. He was unable to physically 'pursue' the suspect because of his (Dep. Moore) injuries. He did STOP the suspect before calling for backup and calling his wife to say goodbye.

jmo

o/t - Off to work and phone is messing up - not sure if I'll be able to read for a few hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18