MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Dorian was/is leaving out parts of the story to minimize his own involvement in the cigarillos theft. We have to see things from his perspective - for all he knows, he could get thrown in jail tomorrow for being part of the robbery. YKWIM? Even with all of the attention on MB's death, but still, in his mind, the government is still out there and thus the risk that he could get thrown in jail. It makes sense that he would want to minimize that part of the story (things involving the cigarillos). Sorry, I don't know if I'm spelling cigarillos right or not. Does that make sense?

In earlier post, you said yourself that OW drove off, then backed up again. IMO, he backed up once he figured out that the 2 were involved in the cigarillos theft, NOT b/c they weren't getting out of the street. Even after they supposedly said "No," he had still driven away. So why would them supposedly saying "No," have caused him to drive away, but then change his mind and suddenly back up again?

He came back b/c of connecting them with the theft. IMO. Then he said some choice words to them. IMO.

Dorian Johnson WILL be thrown in jail when police catch up with him again but not for anything to do with MBrown. I believe I read that the police will not file charges for the cigarello heist. Jeff City wants him big time.
http://www.abc17news.com/news/key-witness-in-ferguson-wanted-in-jefferson-city/27624066

IMO, Dorian was/is leaving out parts of the story to minimize his own involvement in the cigarillos theft. We have to see things from his perspective - for all he knows, he could get thrown in jail tomorrow for being part of the robbery. YKWIM? Even with all of the attention on MB's death, but still, in his mind, the government is still out there and thus the risk that he could get thrown in jail. It makes sense that he would want to minimize that part of the story (things involving the cigarillos). Sorry, I don't know if I'm spelling cigarillos right or not. Does that make sense?

In earlier post, you said yourself that OW drove off, then backed up again. IMO, he backed up once he figured out that the 2 were involved in the cigarillos theft, NOT b/c they weren't getting out of the street. Even after they supposedly said "No," he had still driven away. So why would them supposedly saying "No," have caused him to drive away, but then change his mind and suddenly back up again?

He came back b/c of connecting them with the theft. IMO. Then he said some choice words to them. IMO.

This explains that DW was driving past MB just after the first encounter, and noticed the stolen cigarillos. That's when he made the connection about the robbery.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...souri-police-michael-brown-shooting/14098369/

Right. Probably so. But I can't see him instantly trying to grab a huge muscular kid by the throat, and pull him into the car, for any reason. That is physically impossible and very dangerous for him.

I don't care if he said anything rude or not. I don't think he did, being alone right there, but even if he did. Would that give MB the right to start punching him in the face?

I really think that MB's only motivation was to try and get away, because he did not want the big mess that would come if he was arrested. I dont think he was reacting violently because the cop was rude. jmo

Right. Probably so. But I can't see him instantly trying to grab a huge muscular kid by the throat, and pull him into the car, for any reason. That is physically impossible and very dangerous for him.

I don't care if he said anything rude or not. I don't think he did, being alone right there, but even if he did. Would that give MB the right to start punching him in the face?

I really think that MB's only motivation was to try and get away, because he did not want the big mess that would come if he was arrested. I dont think he was reacting violently because the cop was rude. jmo

In those last 15 minutes of his life, mike brown couldn't have made worse decisions if he tried! One after another after another...

Waste huge waste...threw his life away....and for what?

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, agreed, he could have done things very differently and he would not have gotten shot. Sigh

But that's like with anything, anybody who does something defiant or talks back or whatever....we wouldn't do it, so we don't understand why other people do it. But people do, people make mistakes, people don't always follow the line or follow the rules. It doesn't mean they should get shot. I know, this is not why MB got shot, but right now, frankly, we don't know why he got shot. And his "defiant" attitude is apparently what led up to him being shot.

JMO.

I don't think his defiant attitude got him shot. I think it was his physical aggression that got him killed. He was a great big guy. He was used to intimidating people. I could see that by the way he treated that little clerk. That was not his first rodeo. jmo

I might not be a very 'objective' witness to this situation. Because I have had people who were bigger and stronger than me, thus holding the power, speak down to me and be rude and even vile. But they were some of the kids I tutored in South Central. So maybe that is why I have NO PROBLEM believing that this kid could have assaulted the cop. I have seen that kind of teen violence up close and personal.

Aw sorry you had to go through that. I have a friend who teaches high school, she has said the same thing.

But again, can I just add that teacher or tutor, and police officer are two different things. One is in a very powerless state (meaning no gun, cannot obviously hit the student, cannot even touch the student), and one is in a very powerful state (gun and armed).

But well maybe MB just got overconfident, I don't know.

JMO.

Call them what they are IMO.
Blunt wraps -cut, gut, roll, lick, light, puff, puff, pass...
Seriously what cigar smoker buys that many Swisher Sweets at one time? Cuban cigars? Yes. Swishers nu uh..

Sad... I saw Swisher Sweet blunt directions in Pintrest of all places! Then again... Depends on where you live.
I know plenty of people who partake and they are peaceful people. (kinda jealous) I am high anxiety 24/7.

All posts are MOO

He probably was not polite to the kids. Big deal. They were blocking traffic, refusing his orders to step on the side and carrying stolen merchandise. Why would he be polite?

That kid was punching the cop in the face, according to many sources, including the Brown atty. Was he doing that because the cop wasn't polite enough?

bbm

I don't know. I honestly don't know. I don't know because many facts are still missing, missing to all of us.

Aw sorry you had to go through that. I have a friend who teaches high school, she has said the same thing.

But again, can I just add that teacher or tutor, and police officer are two different things. One is in a very powerless state (meaning no gun, cannot obviously hit the student, cannot even touch the student), and one is in a very powerful state (gun and armed).

But well maybe MB just got overconfident, I don't know.

JMO.

Right, but we moved our tutoring center to the conference room RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the campus police station. There were armed cops there, and some of these kids still reacted violently. I have seen them kick and punch the armed officers, who were trying to break up fights.

'Kids' these days are a lot more physically aggressive than back in the day, imo.

Call them what they are IMO.
Blunt wraps -cut, gut, roll, lick, light, puff, puff, pass...
Seriously what cigar smoker buys that many Swisher Sweets at one time? Cuban cigars? Yes. Swishers nu uh..

Sad... I saw Swisher Sweet blunt directions in Pintrest of all places! Then again... Depends on where you live.
I know plenty of people who partake and they are peaceful people. (kinda jealous) I am high anxiety 24/7.

All posts are MOO
wait, two puffs before passing? bogart!

Are you kidding me?
Is bet there isn't a person on the planet that hasn't, at one time or another, been spoken down to by someone in a position of authority over them.

Parents, teachers, police, bosses. The list goes on and on.
Everyone knows...Or should know...how to appropriately deal with a grievance and in what venue....or have enough sense to shut up and deal with it? If that's what's in your best interest at the time.

That's life. It isn't always fair. Grow up & take responsibility for yourself and your behaviors. The way a person handles it, is up to them. They make the choice.

All IMO

So when it's someone like Michael Brown, he has to, or should have, "manned up" and dealt with it? He should have taken responsibility? He should have shut up?

My, I hope the 95% of parents who think their 18 old children are still "child," would hear this.

Perhaps they will stop funding their children until they are 30 years old.

Perhaps they will stop paying for their adult offspring's car insurance, phone, apartments, college tuitions, and living expenses all throughout college and beyond. Because after all, these offspring who go off to college are typically Michael Brown's age, and end college in their 20's.

But it's ok, because even after they graduate college and find a job, the parents still think of them as their little children, and continue to help them out until they are, like I said, in their 30's or beyond.

So why is it that suddenly kids like Michael Brown should be the ones who should have grown up and manned up by that age?

JMO.

Let me get this straight, you think that if an officer talks down to you it's perfectly ok to punch him in the face? Maybe even grab for his gun????

I'm saying we don't know what it's like to be a Black male being talked down to by a White male in a position of power, unless we are Black males. What part of that don't people understand?

Given history of Black males, does it not seem fair to take into account that history??

What part of White male speaking down to Black male don't people understand?

I dont know if you know that much about officer Wilson. He is only 28 yrs old himself. His mom died when he was 16. She was in and out of jail for theft and fraud. He had a very hard life. He grew up in the St Louis area. His friends said he is not a racist in any way shape or form. He is a compassionate guy that knows what its like to be poor. So I just dont believe he fits the narrative that you have in your head. Which is an valid one, but not for this particular case.

And my kids are mixed race so I totally understand what you are trying to say. But I dont think this case is an example that fits.

I like that we agree on Bieber though. :slap:

BBM

LOL - at least we agree on something!!

I'm saying we don't know what it's like to be a Black male being talked down to by a White male in a position of power, unless we are Black males. What part of that don't people understand?

Given history of Black males, does it not seem fair to take into account that history??

What part of White male speaking down to Black male don't people understand?

I just don't see that as being valid or relevant in THIS particular case. MB was messing up in so many ways. Doing the strong armed robbery, walking down the middle of the road with stolen blunt wraps, blocking traffic, defying the cops orders to get out of the street. I don't think this was a racial issue. jmo

Right, but we moved our tutoring center to the conference room RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the campus police station. There were armed cops there, and some of these kids still reacted violently. I have seen them kick and punch the armed officers, who were trying to break up fights.

'Kids' these days are a lot more physically aggressive than back in the day, imo.
defiant, confrontational, boundary issues, intimidation...
Be it school with a teacher, at a football game with an off duty officer watching the parking lot, the guy cleaning the toilet at the local drive thru... I see disrespect period.
Most don't give a hoot. Those kids don't get very far in life either. I just realized they are the ones with the "Legacy. com pages. They can't act like that and make it in society.
What I do not understand is how did they get that way? WHO failed them???
Moo
wait, two puffs before passing? bogart!
Lol. I was at a party about 2 years ago. I watched a group smoking. Maybe 10 people and 3 blunts? wow. Two puffs and I would need 911 (I am allergic, it messes with my central nervous system big time!) Those guys could put away some pot! Oh well HVAC certificate from the trade school/college is basically unemployable without a clean urine test. Wiring a home for electricity and pot don't mix. When they do, sometimes it all goes up in smoke!

I guess I said it like "duck, duck, goose"!

I have to stop the puff talk! I stopped smoking Jan 9 this year AMD suddenly I am having a nic fit! Grrr....

All posts are MOO

I guess if I hadn't seen the video of MB going physically aggressive against that tiny shop keeper for having the gall to interfere with MB's robbing of him, I might wonder if the officer provoked him into going pit bull.

As it is, clearly, MB didn't require anything other than interfering with his criminal activities to go pit bull on someone.

So I still see no reason to assume that officer Wilson was culpable in any way. It smacks of making a stretch to shift at least some of the blame for a death on him. It eats at me, because it's unfair, imo.

Moving on, does anyone know about, or have a link to the information I saw referenced in passing about a YouTube video of MB with all the ingredients for some sort of homemade drug? It might be the "purple" something or Surrzup something...

I'm not up to stuff on my illicit drug education. ;)

Aside from the YouTube video, I know people said there were photos of these items left at MB's memorial site too.

I would like to pursue that, since it could go to MB's being provoked. Wilson's friend (I know not a great source) said that Wilson said MB was acting like he was on something.

I'm too impatient to wait for the complete toxicology report. :p

SO IF Mike Mike (as is his friendly name of the last few days) was provoked by a less than conciliatory officer of the law and IF Mike Mike decided to "tussle" with him through the open window of his assigned LE vehicle, and IF the officer decided he was threatened and having none of that, he is STILL morally wrong?? Seriously?

I don't even know how to respond to that.

I don't know what it's like to be a black male. This is true. But if being a black male means you get a bye as some seem to be suggesting on behaving with common decency, respecting the laws everyone else is expected to follow while being taxpaying law abiding citizens and treating authority figures with respect maybe I should look into signing up? WTH?

bbm

Everyone makes mistakes. We are all humans. Every single person who is in prison has made a mistake, if there validly. They have all broken the law. Doesn't mean we can execute them all.

In less serious matters, we make mistakes every day as humans, most of us do. Doesn't mean we are bad people or don't deserve to live.

We humans don't always all follow rules and follow the line.

Apparently not, the first shot didn't stop him... The first shot happened in the vehicle...that didn't stop Brown...none of the shots to his arm stopped he either. It took two shots to the head to end the threat. IMO

So are you saying that MB was fighting with OW throughout FOUR shots being put in him? WOW.

I don't know about the gun, but I find it more than believable. I have an acquaintance who reacted this way all three times she's been confronted by a cop and even when asked nicely (my friend is the witness) to put her hands behind her back, goes "pit bull", then cries police brutality.

(this is a mid-upper class white female. She was guilty every time, by her own admission, and deserved worse than she got for her assaults on others who made her angry.)

bbm

The bolded is why she hasn't been shot already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali