MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
totally agree with you on this.
Do you mean nancy grace? LOL now i may loose some points but i love her. Dunno why but she intrigues me. We dont get her over here in london so i catch her on youtube. Everyone dislikes her..i dunno

One might also ask why police "needed" to throw tear gas into a crowd at all, esp. One containing children. What ever happened to "to protect and serve"? Police are supposed to be protecting the public. It seems that oath has sometimes been lost in the antagonism between police and ordinary citizens.

There is a minor curfew law there- making it illegal for minors to be out, as well parents & guardians to allow minors to be out after curfew. There should have been no minors at the "protest" at the time of night the tear gas & smoke were used.

Ageed. Not saying this cannot happen but i cannot understand why some are quick to believe this boy was so brave to do all of this over him being asked to get out of the way! LOL was it that serious, seems like MB was on the hunt to kill a officer that day or na! JUST SAYING...

I viewed his actions & behavior in the 15 minutes prior to his death. Doesn't seem like very much of a leap to me, more of a logical conclusion. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, my own opinion, and i dont believe none of those facts at all and i dont need to explain it either. I believe what i believe cause it keeps on happening to young men. Whether they smoke weed, run there mouth, come from a poor area, i could careless. Not right imo

Keeps happening?

The statistics don't lie.

Where is the real genuine concern for the horrific abundance of black on black crime? 98% of the time a young black man is murdered, it was by the hand of another young black man.

There's no getting around that. As the mother of a young black son... Those statistics terrify me.

My son has a better chance of being killed by lightening than unjustly shot and killed by police.
When he walks out the door, that's not my #1 fear. It's not even on my list of Top Five

Jackson said he was “uncomfortable” with the length of time Brown’s body lay in the open. But he added that the job of processing the crime scene was delayed by the sound of gunshots ringing out, although it was never determined where those shots came from.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8f5bc0-2588-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html

First I had noticed or heard that part of the delay in processing the scene involved shots fired from a nearby location unidentified and unsolved.

btw the above is a really lengthy article filled with info about Brown, about the shooting, the witness accounts etc.

Mr. Brown probably could not have been revived, and the time that his body lay in the street may ultimately have no bearing on the investigations into whether the shooting was justified. But local officials say that the image of Mr. Brown’s corpse in the open set the scene for what was to become a combustible worldwide story of police tactics and race in America, and left some of them asking why.

SNIP

For part of the time, Mr. Brown’s body lay in the open, allowing people to record it on their cellphones. A paramedic draped the body with a white sheet, but Mr. Brown’s feet remained exposed and blood could still be seen. The police later shielded the body with a low, six-panel orange partition typically used for car crashes.

Experts in policing said there was no standard for how long a body should remain on a scene, but they expressed surprise at how Mr. Brown’s body had been allowed to remain in public view.

SNIP

According to police logs, the county police received a report of the shooting at 12:07, and their officers began arriving around 12:15

Videos taken by bystanders show that in the first minutes after Mr. Brown’s death, officers quickly secured the area with yellow tape. In one video, several police cars were on the scene, and officers were standing close to their cars, a distance away from Mr. Brown’s body

Around 12:10, a paramedic who happened to be nearby on another call approached Mr. Brown’s body, checked for a pulse, and observed the blood and “injuries incompatible with life,” said his supervisor, Chris Cebollero, the chief of emergency medical services at Christian Hospital. He estimated it was around 12:15 when the paramedic got a sheet from an ambulance and covered Mr. Brown.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/us/michael-brown-a-bodys-timeline-4-hours-on-a-ferguson-street.html

To clarify I started looking at links about his body lying there for five hours and then got myself all confused thinking a part of the outrage came from the time his body lay uncovered. My misunderstanding was in part caused by articles about the five hours the body lay there containing statements from LE officials expressing regret that he lay uncovered for too long.

I was mistaken. Thanks pops for keeping me honest and focused on facts not misinformation or misunderstanding.

The video of the cop covering the victim is in the media thread.

Do you mean nancy grace? LOL now i may loose some points but i love her. Dunno why but she intrigues me. We dont get her over here in london so i catch her on youtube. Everyone dislikes her..i dunno

well, not to speak ill, but, yes in part I was referring to her brand of coverage. She does have a large fan base tho so you are not alone :)

If the GJ does not indict him then yes, all of the evidence becomes public. jmo

Does it? I have wondered about that. I hope so, but if no indictment, why should the public know any personal information about Wilson? Maybe some info would be sealed to protect his privacy ?? JMO

Keeps happening?

The statistics don't lie.

Where is the real genuine concern for the horrific abundance of black on black crime? 98% of the time a young black man is murdered, it was by the hand of another young black man.

There's no getting around that. As the mother of a young black son... Those statistics terrify me.

My son has a better chance of being killed by lightening than unjustly shot and killed by police.
When he walks out the door, that's not my #1 fear. It's not even on my list of Top Five

Just because there is black on black crime that does not excuse or abate this incident. The issue at hand is did this officer act inappropriately or not.
Being a punk does not come with a death penalty. So far, I believe this officer crossed a line because he is held to a different standard. He is not allowed to kill someone unless it meets certain criteria and in this case, I think he is wrong. Everything I have seen so far shows me there was no immediate threat and that he should not have shot MB the way he did and as many times as he did.

I think there will be an indictment here. And I am looking forward to the case in court to see all the documents and evidence.

well, not to speak ill, but, yes in part I was referring to her brand of coverage. She does have a large fan base tho so you are not alone :)

I have a love/hate relationship with Nancy Grace. Love when we are on the same side of a case...hate the tabloid repetitive style...love her "unleashing the lawyers" ....hate that she never shuts up long enough for anyone to finish an important point....

We still don't know if MB tried to "wrestle his gun away" or what happened exactly.

There was a shot that happened in the police car. Explain why a shot happened there if there was not a struggle over the gun?

If it was not a 'struggle and the cop just decided to shoot the kid right then, he would have been dead right there up against the cop car.

To me, the ONLY thing that makes sense, is the struggle over the gun.

The family attorney admits there was a 'serious issue' and a 'tussle.' And witnesses saw MB making punching movements. So what do you think is going to happen once MB starts punching the cop in the face. Cop is going for his gun.

I think there are social differences that occur from country to country and also judicial/law enforcement differences and historical moments that impact each individual country.
For instance, my very good friends in Canada believe that here in the USA, we are all nutty gun-loving obsessed people. They see no reason for a constitutional right to bear arms despite my giving them historical information and facts. I try to present both sides of the gun debate ad nauseum to them just so they can see there's more to it than what they could intimately know but it makes zero impact: they still believe that we are all just sitting home every Friday night cleaning our guns and comparing bullets--which of course, isn't the case for most of us.

This case with MB here in the States may have some peculiarities for you just like the Oscar Pist*orious case out of S. Africa has for me.

Just because there is black on black crime that does not excuse or abate this incident. The issue at hand is did this officer act inappropriately or not.
Being a punk does not come with a death penalty. So far, I believe this officer crossed a line because he is held to a different standard. He is not allowed to kill someone unless it meets certain criteria and in this case, I think he is wrong. Everything I have seen so far shows me there was no immediate threat and that he should not have shot MB the way he did and as many times as he did.

I think there will be an indictment here. And I am looking forward to the case in court to see all the documents and evidence.

I think we must be looking at and reading different information.
I'll leave it at that.
IMO if there was ever a case of justifiable homicide by an officer of the law... This is it.

Mike Brown's legacy should be a cautionary tale of exactly what NOT to do, how NOT to behave...

Does it? I have wondered about that. I hope so, but if no indictment, why should the public know any personal information about Wilson? Maybe some info would be sealed to protect his privacy ?? JMO

I don't know about personal info..

I think we must be looking at and reading different information.
I'll leave it at that.
IMO if there was ever a case of justifiable homicide by an officer of the law... This is it.

Mike Brown's legacy should be a cautionary tale of exactly what NOT to do, how NOT to behave...

Let me ask this, How many times do the police go out on domestic disputes with nasty angry people, Most likely swinging and acting like fools? I bet a lot. How many of them end up dead? Not many.
Like I said before I am still waiting for a final analysis but at this point, It looks to me that this cop had other options than taking this life and did not take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange