GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Borrowing the truck shows premeditation to me. He planned this. Drove out of his area to do it. I wonder how long he had the truck, and if he has his own vehicle, then what excuse did he give to the truck's owner?

I'm glad they are looking at other cases that he may be involved in. You don't just decide, out of the blue, to start kidnapping and murdering children at his age (IMO). But, this kidnapping was kind of sloppy - daylight, people out in the neighborhood. It will be interesting to see what information comes out about his history (behavior, friend and family statements).

It does fit the profile of many pedophiles though. They are very bold and many take children right off the street in broad daylight. I have always felt that part of their repulsive thrill is the game they play. They are some of the highest risk takers there are, imo.

I bet he didn't realize the people were in the garage ....watching him.

He thought he had gotten away with it and thought no one was around. He was probably to involved in holding Hailey hostage inside the truck to notice the people running after him.

Low life piece of garbage.:mad:

IMO

1 washer & 2 dryers agents were collecting evidence from at laundry mat.

business has reopened

^^ from news stream

Okay done with presser....

so it took 7.75 hours to determine with confidence that it was a young girl, probably Hailey.

this makes me beyond disgusted and upset

You can hazard a guess at what he has done, I feel nauseated MOO

Borrowing the truck shows premeditation to me. He planned this. Drove out of his area to do it. I wonder how long he had the truck, and if he has his own vehicle, then what excuse did he give to the truck's owner?

I'm glad they are looking at other cases that he may be involved in. You don't just decide, out of the blue, to start kidnapping and murdering children at his age (IMO). But, this kidnapping was kind of sloppy - daylight, people out in the neighborhood. It will be interesting to see what information comes out about his history (behavior, friend and family statements).

Yes, I agree it was premeditated. Crimes like this are fantasized about for years usually before they are committed. Then the compulsion just takes over and the perp is willing to die in prison for the act they commit.

Men will knowingly have sex with women they know have deadly diseases, and men in backwards countries will risk death to engage in "forbidden" sexual acts.

I don't know how we harness the power of male sex drives when the drive involves a victim.

Awful, awful story.

He's been working in the school district for 15 years!

A football coach, and possibly coached other sports.

Okay done with presser....

so it took 7.75 hours to determine with confidence that it was a young girl, probably Hailey.

this makes me beyond disgusted and upset

I don't know. That may be simply out of an overabundance of caution - often LE's refuse to confirm they know the identity of the victim until t's are crossed and i's are dotted and all signatures are on the appropriate forms.

RIP little one...

The bad thing about him being an ISS teacher and a coach to me is that the ISS teacher (we called ours a time out teacher) spends time locked up with kiddos who are stuck in their office. These kids (mine included) have typically been not great kids and might not be believed if they did report because they have a history at the school and probably with their parents of not being respectful, etc.

And a coach is in a position of trust as well where the kids might feel like they really can't tell because it might affect the team, etc.

So sad and I hope there aren't more victims out there.

You can hazard a guess at what he has done, I feel nauseated MOO

Same here. Especially since he left and did laundry (i'm assuming) washer & dryer, washers take 30 minutes minimum to run, then stuff into dryer.

It definitely seems premeditated. Borrowing someone else's truck, taking her to his home, then hitting the laundry mat to hide evidence.

I only hope now that Hailey didn't suffer for very long. I'm so so sad.

I have a feeling Hailey was not his first victim but glad will be his last.

RIP Beautiful Hailey

OMG...it breaks my heart to see that sweet little girl, in her Hello Kitty outfit...

As for him...there are no words. At least, words that would be allowed here.

RIP, Sweet Girl.

I don't know. That may be simply out of an overabundance of caution - often LE's refuse to confirm they know the identity of the victim until t's are crossed and i's are dotted and all signatures are on the appropriate forms.

She still has not been positively identified. They only could confirm that it was a young female body after 7+ hours.

Omg! :banghead::banghead: I feel even more ill.
When he was arrested was he sitting in his truck? Isn't that reportedly where cops found him?
If so, LE was searching for Hailey elsewhere and she was in the house?
:thud:

He was arrested in his truck after 'returning home' (probably from the laundromat). LE had already staked out his home and observed him leaving. Probably looked into windows ("cursory look") and determined they needed a search warrant. LE there when he returned home, and they arrested him.

ETA: I typed that just after the presser. Wondering though if I could be mistaken that they'd "observed him leaving" because surely LE would've followed him to wherever he was going.

I didn't realize there was an ongoing thread about this case already in Located. There is more information there from people who listened to the press conference. Apparently the suspect went to the laundromat, and further evidence was located in the laundromat.

He was arrested in his truck after 'returning home' (probably from the laundromat). LE had already staked out his home and observed him leaving. Probably looked into windows ("cursory look") and determined they needed a search warrant. LE there when he returned home, and they arrested him.

But they were staking out multiple locations, including the laundromat. So, I would gather they would have been able to grab him there it that's where he had been.

A KY3 reporter stated that Wood was first employed by the district in 1998 as a substitute teacher. She also stated that he may have had access to other schools within district due to his substitute teacher status. Then in 2006, he became a full-time employee as an ISS teacher. She was able to confirm that he was a football coach, but she couldn't confirm if that was the only sport he had coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025