GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the witness who contacted LE contacted mother

they did not find anyone at residence, they then got search warrant.

what time did you get search warrant?
2am and started gearing up and process residence

I'm a huge supporter of our Constitution but if I hear "search warrant" one more time in this case I'm going to lose it!

I believe it was said that he borrowed the truck. So it would have taken time to locate the owner and then get info on who borrowed it. Then when LE got to the house it appears that his truck was not there because they where watching the house when he pulled in driving the truck. Maybe returning from the laundromat?

Okay, thanks for clarifying that.

Amber Alert went out about 7 p.m.

Police, Highway Patrol, FBI, upwards of 100 officers were looking for Hailey last evening after her abduction.

At some point, suspect left his house. Officers checked the house to see if anyone was in danger and in need of help. They did not find anyone in need of help in the house so they withdrew and contacted a judge to get a search warrant. Then they came back with search warrant and found Hailey's body in the garage about 7:30 a.m. on Feb. 19. Suspect is the resident at the house. Again, suspect was located through the vehicle license number.

If he had her and the laundromat...and an Amber Alert went out immediately some one may have seen the truck there. It sucks to play what if but it is so frustrating. Is it so hard to allow police officers to call a news station and say "Hey, put this description out there immediately!" when a WITNESSED abduction occurs?

I don't think he had her at the laundry mat. Sounds like he took her directly to his house, went to the laundry mat after killing her. At least that is how I understood it.

Here's the deal - sad as it is, things take time.

If they had two license plates to work with (one had an F and one an S), then they have to find owners of both vehicles, or at least the one that matches a gold pick up. Then they have to go to that guy's house and try to locate him. Maybe he wasn't home. it's unlikely LE had a cell phone number for the owner of a vehicle registered to DPS. Then he has to say who borrowed the truck and maybe find out HIS address if they don't have it already.

That takes time. They had this guy by 8 p.m. on a call that came in at 3 p.m.

And really, it's unlikely an amber alert activated instantaneously could have turned up this poor girl quicker than the information they already had from the very alert witnesses.

They were looking for a man in a gold truck. How many people knew this guy had borrowed a truck that day?

From the live news conference:

Body found in suspect's home. Suspect had left the home; was apprehended when he returned to the home.

I believe it was said that he borrowed the truck. So it would have taken time to locate the owner and then get info on who borrowed it. Then when LE got to the house it appears that his truck was not there because they where watching the house when he pulled in driving the truck. Maybe returning from the laundromat?

So they couldn't even be sure that this guy was the driver. Person who owned it could have just pointed the finger at him.

If he had her and the laundromat...and an Amber Alert went out immediately some one may have seen the truck there. It sucks to play what if but it is so frustrating. Is it so hard to allow police officers to call a news station and say "Hey, put this description out there immediately!" when a WITNESSED abduction occurs?

It seems completely unlikely he had her at the laundromat, IMHO.

The news article stated LE was examining the washers and dryers at the laundry mat until 3am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Was the body in tact"

"I'm not going to discuss that at this time, just that we have recovered a victim"

Oh lord :(

When you obtained the search warrant did you believe the girl was in the house?

That's why we obtained search warrant, we weren't sure

Why wait so long to confirm her body has been found when people have been searching for her?
we didn't want to make assumptions, upon entering residence found what might be the victim, but not able to verify that it could be a young girl. 15 min ago was able to determine that it was a person

(OMG, I'm terrified as to what shape she is in)

WTH did he do to Hailey's little body that LE couldn't even recognize it was a human being?????????????

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an evil monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They couldn't even identify her remains as a human being until 15 minutes ago? What the??? Did he burn her body? What else could cause a body to become so unidentifiable, even to identify as a human form?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to say this but he may have used acid not fire. Absolutely horrendous what ever he has done.

OMG! It is like he planned all of this out. He was looking for a young child to abduct, imo.

At least this one was solved very fast. Most of the time when a child is abducted no one sees or hears a thing.:(

That was not the case here and thank God for the witnesses who tried to stop him.

IMO

Makes me think he sat in his place of employment, a SCHOOL, all day wanting to abduct a child until he could not resist any more and went across town thinking he would have better luck of not getting caught or being seen by parents or students who knew him, etc. Horrible for Hailey and her family but the parents and girls who are in the school where he worked, I believe had a close call. Which is why sick people don't need to be around our kids.

Be vigilant, it can happen anywhere any time in the blink of an eye. Protect your kids as best you can.

Having good witnesses who paid attention and provided good information made all the difference in us being able to solve the case.

eta: from presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members