GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray for her family...what an insurmountable pain they must be enduring.

Parents make your kids use the buddy system. Even walking a couple of blocks alone
is dangerous. It still blows my mind that this kidnapped her in daylight and in front of others!

Makes me angry that people like this C.M. Wood are hired in schools. Don't they do any background checks on teachers they hire ?
I always assumed all schools did at least some kind of check on their teacher's previous employers, etc.

www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Rest in peace, Hailey. You are with the angels and no one can harm you now. But you deserved to have a full, long life !

I'm a little concerned with why they needed a search warrant. Usually LE can proceed without one if they are reasonably sure that there is a legitimate possibility that someone is in immediate danger in the domicile. I understand that they wanted to be able to use any evidence found and not have it thrown out on 4th Amendment grounds but like I said, there are many instances where LE is not required to wait for a judge, especially if he matched the physical description of witnesses and the owner of the vehicle pointed them in his direction.

The search warrant would be used in case they discovered evidence then it would hold up in court.

I'm a little concerned with why they needed a search warrant. Usually LE can proceed without one if they are reasonably sure that there is a legitimate possibility that someone is in immediate danger in the domicile. I understand that they wanted to be able to use any evidence found and not have it thrown out on 4th Amendment grounds but like I said, there are many instances where LE is not required to wait for a judge, especially if he matched the physical description of witnesses and the owner of the vehicle pointed them in his direction.

At the presser they said they checked the residence to see if anyone was need of assistance, upon the initial search they didn't find anyone in need of help. They then obtained a search warrant and discovered her shortly thereafter.

I'm not going to fault them for not illegally recovering her body, it's better not to have evidence thrown out. At that point there was no saving her, it took them another 7+hours to be confident that what they did find was a female human.

Did anyone see " The Purge'' movie? I've just been thinking for the last hour how great a real life " pedophile purge " day would be every year in our country :)
I don't want my tax dollars buying this guy appeal after appeal and a lawyer and hot food and cable tv and a woodworking shop for when he gets bored in his cell and a clinic to go to when he's sick. I want to spend 22 cents and be done .

I completely agree. This would fall under the category of "belief there was a crime in progress" occurring - and you don't need a warrant to bust in and search in that case.

On the other hand, she was already deceased so that wouldn't have made any difference.

My 10 year old, home with a sore throat, is sitting across from me as I type. Hailey, I hope you have the biggest reward in heaven. Oh, child...you did not deserve this. I hope the animal pays.

But they were staking out multiple locations, including the laundromat. So, I would gather they would have been able to grab him there it that's where he had been.

I don't know. This part is confusing me. Why would they "stake out" the laundromat? I'd heard they'd staked it off as a crime scene, but it was my impression they didn't do so until after the guy returned to the home [and they discovered where he'd been, maybe?].

Makes me angry that people like this C.M. Wood are hired in schools. Don't they do any background checks on teachers they hire ?
I always assumed all schools did at least some kind of check on their teacher's previous employers, etc.

Rest in peace, Hailey. You are with the angels and no one can harm you now. But you deserved to have a full, long life !

Wouldn't have done any good, outside of a possession charge in the early 1990's (?), he had no other offenses. What I presume will come of this, after this, is a whole lot of people having "a huh" moments; pieces will now fit, hinky feelings will be confirmed, and previous claims by a child(ren) will be revisited. IMO, this is not his first time or his first kill. I think he's been way too lucky for far too long. When I look at the missing children listings in the area over the past 20 + years, I see a pattern. Again, MO.

They will be having a candle light walk this Saturday night on Commercial Street to show support to her family.

Schools do background checks. He had no previous history of offenses with children. Let's stop blaming the school. They are not at fault here. If he disclosed on his application about the drug charge from many years ago, there would be really no reason to not hire a person based on that. Unless I am missing something else. I think he is a , but I think the school did nothing wrong.

Background checks only indicate past convictions and arrests.

Have you found a source that shows he had something that would have shown up in a background check? They're not personality detectors - you have to have been convicted or arrested for something to show up.

I don't know. This part is confusing me. Why would they "stake out" the laundromat? I'd heard they'd staked it off as a crime scene, but it was my impression they didn't do so until after the guy returned to the home [and they discovered where he'd been, maybe?].

They said they were at other locations. Maybe not there. Just not sure

IMO he was on a mission, he had to have noticed the neighbor running after him. He went straight to his house, did whatever he did to her the minute he arrived there. Took off to the laundry mat, might not have a washer and dryer in his house.
IMO LE saw something in that house that they knew breaking in would not have saved her.
IMO there is nothing that could have been done to save her with what went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14