GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(See my post above to Foxfire...even if the AA had been issued curbside at 5 PM, he was already home by then. :( )

PoirotryInMotion, he may have been home but the acts likely took a great deal of time, imo, allowing for a window of opportunity for a rescue. A timely AA activation may have provided an identification of the POI and a residence location.. Guess, we will never know, huh?

Hailey Owens, tragic abduction is reminiscent of the Jessica Ridgeway abduction, murder, & dismemberment..

PoirotryInMotion, he may have been home but the acts likely took a great deal of time, imo, allowing for a window of opportunity for a rescue. A timely AA activation may have provided an identification of the POI and a residence location.. Guess, we will never know, huh?

Hailey Owens, tragic abduction is reminiscent of the Jessica Ridgeway abduction, murder, & dismemberment..
I thought part of the problem with response time was LE knew who the vehicle belonged to but they could not get a hold of the dad because his cell phone was off.

When I asked the question, I had no idea if any state required it, but I just looked it up and some places do. I had the thought because someone mentioned the possibility of CW doing an illegal drug that could push him to do this heinous act.

I personally think it is ridiculous that they are not tested.

cocaine out of system: 48 hours.
weed: 30 days.

give me a stoned teacher over a coked up one, any day.

IMO, of course ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

How did this crazy man get to work at schools with young children?
No wife, no kids, no friends?
Didn't he have to take some sort of exam in regards to his personality? Prior problems?
I think this has been coming on for a long time.
Nobody noticed odd behavior, statements or actions?
I admit, to being very upset about this crime.

Grabbed in broad daylight amongst people who saw and tried to stop it.
But, he takes her to his house, does unthinkable things, including killing her with a gun, pouring bleach over her, then wrapping her up in plastic?
The detectives on this case must be sick and heartbroken.
They can be proud of catching this unmentionable monster.
I know that if I was in LE, this crime would turn my world upside down.

IMO, of course ;)

I'd rather have my children's teacher not be under the influence of any mind altering drug.

But if the amber alert had been issued right away, his neighbors may have recognized the vehicle from him living here and checked his plate number. I mean if there was an amber alert in my area that described my next door neighbor, i'd run out and check his plates.

Considering that he had just abducted a child, been in a car chase and then murdered a child with a gun, a neighbor may have been put in danger by doing just that. Someone who may have thought the vehicle was familiar could have called 911, that would be safer than investigating on their own.

Yes, a lot of people have mentioned that similarity to the Jessica Ridgeway case. (I wasn't on here then, so missed that one.)

Foxfire, I don't know. See, the thing is, it seems the only one who'd have perhaps recognized the car & license plate, without seeing it on the road, was his father--whose phone was turned off that day. (The address associated with the plates was his father's in Ash Grove.) So even when the AA came out at 7 PM his dad Jim was unaware of it. We can talk in generalities about how the earlier AA should make a difference, but...in this scenario, it just didn't. Dad's phone was off at 5 PM as well at 7 PM, and no coworkers or neighbors have stepped up to say they heard the AA description, suspected it was him, and went to check his home or car. Instead, by all reports, people who knew him were shocked at his arrest in connection with this.

IMO, of course ;)

Because I am an advocate for medical marijuana and used it during chemo and radiation treatments, I have no problem with that. I can't imagine someone using cannabis oil would be in a classroom anyway while alleviating pain.

As for heroin, coke and other drugs, doing that and teaching aren't compatible. IMHO

Considering that he had just abducted a child, been in a car chase and then murdered a child with a gun, a neighbor may have been put in danger by doing just that. Someone who may have thought the vehicle was familiar could have called 911, that would be safer than investigating on their own.

BBM.
Plenty of folks are perfectly fine with putting themselves in harm's way to help/protect others, esp. with kids involved.

I thought part of the problem with response time was LE knew who the vehicle belonged to but they could not get a hold of the dad because his cell phone was off.

In this type of case, as well as most cases in general, LE would NEVER have called the father first. His vehicle was a suspect vehicle, so you never want to tip off the suspect.

In this type of case, as well as most cases in general, LE would NEVER have called the father first. His vehicle was a suspect vehicle, so you never want to tip off the suspect.

But wouldn't LE have a DL photo of the dad to show the witnesses who could rule him out as the suspect? I thought I'd read in the news that they did try phoning him, to find out the whereabouts of the car--but couldn't get hold of him.

I disagree. Your state does? I don't feel that teachers should be randomly drug tested.

Why is that?

I feel everyone, in every profession, should have random drug tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say "Kudos" to law enforcement for also having to deal with this horror.

I could not do their job because I'm not sure I could control myself after catching a perp. The abuser might get "beaten up" a little or whatever-- even before putting him/her in a cell.
But that is why I'm thankful for competent police who do a terrible job and still have to remain professional at all times.

Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post

BBM.
Plenty of folks are perfectly fine with putting themselves in harm's way to help/protect others, esp. with kids involved.

Thank you PHB! Exactly! Perfectly fine for me also.

But wouldn't LE have a DL photo of the dad to show the witnesses who could rule him out as the suspect? I thought I'd read in the news that they did try phoning him, to find out the whereabouts of the car--but couldn't get hold of him.
I thought I read that also. I thought is was after they contacted him and he said his son had the vehicle is when they went to CW's house.

Call me nuts, but if I had to raise my kids again, I'd be really interested in any technology out there that could (not too invasively of course) somehow put GPS chips in our children. Maybe stick it in a tooth filling or something, lol.

Nothing brings me more piece than life360. It's an app on all of our iPhones. I can see exactly where anyone in my family is at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member