GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the overnight hours here in SE AZ we got an Amber Alert for a custodial mom and her kids based on a report that her EX felt she was a danger to herself and children... intending to park her car w/the kids on a railroad track. It was unfounded, but I'd venture to say that AA went out within a very short period of time after her EX contacted LE. Which tells me the system is skewed in the wrong direction. Mom drove to a local police station when she learned of the AA, and no charges are pending.

This is just JMO
I have to wonder if AA has lost some of its importance in some people's eyes due to custodial related AA versus cases like this.

This may just be a totally wrong assumption on my part. However, when I first heard about AA being created years ago, I first thought of how it would always be a critical situation like this case. As time went on , more and more of the AA I learned about were custodial cases and even though they can be just as critical and dangerous to the child it seems I end up putting them in a different type of bucket. For some reason I think of the custodial ones as not as critical or possibly not life ending to the child. Let me be clear that I know that can be totally wrong to think that.

Just wondering if others maybe making the same type of assumptions and maybe there should be levels of AAs like AA Level 1 and AA Level 2 so when we see AA Level 1 we know it is of the most severe nature where life hangs in the balance.

I hope I explained what i was trying to say and I totally understand that custody situations can also risk a childs life and some of those should be treated as AA Level 1.

This entire tragedy seems very off to me!

Is this man a Pedophile?
Or
Is there a different motive?

Was he offered money to take a child? He has access!

If he is a pedophile this is NOT the first time I don't think he would have gone thru his entire life not touching a child.

He has not moved around.
PPL that know him are shocked.
Hes a teacher!
Hes in a band!

Just because hes never married means nothing!

Many men with aspergers are smart and can become teachers but remain unmarried they are loners so there are many explanations for that.

Something just seems off in all this.

So CW has a bachelor's degree in psychology with a minor in criminal justice and yet he worked as an ISS teacher making $17k a year?

The Amber Alert!

It is what it is!

The man responsible for this is behind bars!

This TV station should have never aired this interview!
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/exclu...alks-to-hailey-owens-mother/21048998_24583508

He even calls her Stacey!
Mom should not be talking!

Maybe she feels the need to talk but my goodness I remember Summer Thompsons mom Dina.... there were no words!
I don't think she has let it all sink in yet!

I found her very sweet but extremely nervous. She is a plain woman and isn't media savvy. I think she has a nervous laugh trying to hide what she feels deep down inside. My heart breaks for her.

As for as Dina Thompson. She is one of the strongest mothers I have ever seen that lost her child to a pedophile. She didn't care what the masses thought about her or how they critiqued her every move and words. She stood up to everyone and she stood up for her little daughter. I will always respect this mother.

IMO

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/exclu...alks-to-hailey-owens-mother/21048998_24583508

Maybe she feels the need to talk but my goodness I remember Summer Thompsons mom Dina.... there were no words!

I think that this interview, as some one said earlier, makes us just want to reach in and hug Hailey's mom. She wanted to speak and she got her chance to do just that. She is just a sweet, innocent person, nervous in front of the camera, who wanted to share with everyone what her daughter meant to her and others. She took the focus off Woods in those moments and put it on her daughter; that she did this shows the love for Hailey.

I found her very sweet but extremely nervous. She is a plain woman and isn't media savvy. I think she has a nervous laugh trying to hide what she feels deep down inside. My heart breaks for her.

As for as Dina Thompson. She is one of the strongest mothers I have ever seen that lost her child to a pedophile. She didn't care what the masses thought about her or how they critiqued her every move and words. She stood up to everyone and she stood up for her little daughter. I will always respect this mother.

IMO

Wait a min here

Did I fault the mom at all? NO
I find FAULT with the reporter and the news station that chose to air that!

I hate when things get twisted!
There were so many things wrong in that interview and NO its not moms fault its the TV stations!

They couldn't even get Hailey's name correct he called her Stacey!
Im sorry that interview was tragic ! JMO

I think that this interview, as some one said earlier, makes us just want to reach in and hug Hailey's mom. She wanted to speak and she got her chance to do just that. She is just a sweet, innocent person, nervous in front of the camera, who wanted to share with everyone what her daughter meant to her and others. She took the focus off Woods in those moments and put it on her daughter; that she did this shows the love for Hailey.

I agree she felt she needed to speak I said that ^ in my post!
As she should!

I felt bad for her for the loss of her daughter but also for this interview!
Like I said I don't think it has all hit her yet!

sorry JMO

Wait a min here

Did I fault the mom at all? NO
I find FAULT with the reporter and the news station that chose to air that!

I hate when things get twisted!
There were so many things wrong in that interview and NO its not moms fault its the TV stations!

They couldn't even get Hailey's name correct he called her Stacey!
Im sorry that interview was tragic ! JMO

I don't fault the reporter. She wanted to talk about Hailey and he let her get it all out.

Reporters often get names wrong and I hate that he got Hailey's name wrong but that has nothing to do with letting a mother talk about her child that was so cruelly taken.

The interview wasn't about the reporter anyway. It was about giving Hailey's mom an outlet to tell what her little daughter was like when she was a living, breathing, happy girl.

And he didn't come to interview the mom. He was there to look at all the flowers and stuffed animals that have been placed there. This was an impromptu interview.

IMO

I am unable to view the interview. Just won't play for me.

This thread has diverse ideas of what was going on with the peretrator. This is a good thing to be brain storming and we all have different takes on what was behind it.

In my opinion, he has done this before. I don't think he knew he had been seen or he thought speeding off no one would be able to identify him or his licence number.

The fact that he took her to his house emphises this to me.

I also think it was not just to murder Hailey If he was wanting to murder someone he could have done a drive by with no evidence left behind.

The fact that he moved so quickly with killing her, cleaning, taking clothes to be washed showed how in control he was. He just never thought he would be caught. The more times they do this the more confidence they get.

I feel sorry for his parents. Some say his father is in denial. My God, if I found out that my son had done this I am sure I would go into denial too. What parent wouldn't? How hard would it be to comprehend such a despicable act being perpetrated by your own flesh and blood? As I haven't seen Hailey's mother's interview I am unable to comment on it. People react differently from each other when faced with traumatic episodes in their lives.

We cannot judge her. We just don't know how we would act under the same circumstances. I hope she gets help to get her through all the stages of grief.

JMOO

This is just JMO
I have to wonder if AA has lost some of its importance in some people's eyes due to custodial related AA versus cases like this.

This may just be a totally wrong assumption on my part. However, when I first heard about AA being created years ago, I first thought of how it would always be a critical situation like this case. As time went on , more and more of the AA I learned about were custodial cases and even though they can be just as critical and dangerous to the child it seems I end up putting them in a different type of bucket. For some reason I think of the custodial ones as not as critical or possibly not life ending to the child. Let me be clear that I know that can be totally wrong to think that.

Just wondering if others maybe making the same type of assumptions and maybe there should be levels of AAs like AA Level 1 and AA Level 2 so when we see AA Level 1 we know it is of the most severe nature where life hangs in the balance.

I hope I explained what i was trying to say and I totally understand that custody situations can also risk a childs life and some of those should be treated as AA Level 1.

I agree Hatfield. There is also different circumstances or categories of missing persons; a person/child that didn't show up when expected as opposed to an eye-witnessed abduction, with a vehicle description, as in Hailey Owen's case.
I would like to see a pre-abduction plan and an a local alert established with an immediate response by, and for local LEAs, when an eye-witnessed abduction takes place with a vehicle description, within their jurisdiction.
All major big box stores; Sears, Target, Walmart, etc., have a pre-abduction plan in place which is activated by a code word. When the code activates the plan, everyone knows their assignment & exactly what to do. The store is locked down.

Note the following event happened prior to cell phones, twitter, FB & other SM sites:

While at the Atlanta FD, we came back off an alarm & one of the FF's car had been stolen from the station parking lot. We contacted LE & FD dispatch. FD dispatch described the vehicle info & BOLO over the radio to the other 30+ fire stations in the city. Within a few minutes the vehicle passed one of the other fire stations & the thieves were promptly apprehended & the car recovered by APD.

The interview with the mom was very sad. Reality hasn't set in. However, if talking to a stranger for almost 12 minutes about anything that comes to your mind helps her healing process, more power to her. It must seem like a horrible dream you can't wake up from. :(

Eileen730, I respectfully disagree. The reporter was covering a story on the flowers, teddy bears, etc., being left at the abduction site as a memorial. Hailey's mother just showed up at the site and agreed to the interview and quickly & firmly corrected him when he called her Stacey.
Imo, she needed to do the interview or she would have likely refused, as she had others.
Hopefully, others will view her heart wrenching interview and realize that they could be the next mom giving the interview of their missing/murdered child...
Any child, anytime, anywhere... 'The silent epidemic'..

This interview with Mom leaves me rather speechless. I've never seen anything quite like it.

This interview gave me a good idea of what Hailey was like. Given how lovely and sweet her mom is, I'm sure Hailey was as gentle and sprite, too. Poor baby.

"Hailey was my little angel...now she's fine..in heaven with angel wings...at least she's not hurting...I mean, I wish she was down here with me but she has family up there, too...it's hard...my little girl is my life...she was my Twinkie."

This case has tore me up, I want this guy done away with! Everytime I see her sweet little face I just break down and cry and feel sick to my stomach at the same time ...When will this stop? Sadly, I already know the answer to that :(

Were Hailey's friends outside in the front yard when she was taken? Did they witness their friend being abducted???

For those who can't view the video try another browser and see if that helps!!!!

Quoted post BBM:

BBM 1: Yes, but in this case, within the first 5-10 minutes after abduction, LE had the exact vehicle & perp description, plus the exact license plate number. Had he been in a vehicle registered to his address, instead of the fathers's, LE would have been at his house within moments.

BBM 2: I have not seen anyone say/assume "a quicker AA *definitely* would have kept her alive". However, I have seen multiple posters say the slower delayed AA *definitely* wouldn't have made any difference. That is just plain wrong to assume it to that degree of certainty.

BBM 3: That great description and great witnesses sure does show the system is broken. It clearly shows that in this case, with the finest & optimum witness/identification conditions, an AA will take at least 2 hours. Being as most child abductions end in death within 3 hrs, I call that a broken system or unnecessary/negligent "red tape", at minimum.

BBM 4: No offense intended for patrol cops? Really? They can be be responsible enough to carry a firearm and take a life, but not responsible or "bright" enough to radio HQ to immediately issue an Amber Alert?

BBM 5: Yes, CMW's truck & plate were highly visible, even viewed in his driveway from a great distance. Hence part of why I feel the greater value in a speedy AA issuance. Not everyone is as oblivious to neighborhood/parked vehicles, as you described for your neighborhood.

BBM 6: He went out to get the duct tape? I'm sincerely curious where you heard or saw this.

Re BBM 5 - that photo being referenced by the previous poster is of the truck after police approached it in the drive and prior to it being towed. While i have no proof of this, i personally sense he'd have pulled the car up a lot further and toward the back of the house, closer to an entrance, when he first arrived with Hailey.

Just an aside, I'm a good (ie. observant and concerned) stay-at-home neighbor for over 25 years in two different neighborhoods, but could not even tell you my husband's license plate # let alone neighbors, coworkers, or close friends. By the time he arrived home with Hailey (abt 5:00) dusk was falling; by 5:30 it'd have been dark out. I remain firmly convinced that even had the AA gone out immediately, in this case, whether the alert went out at 5 or at 7 had minimal chance of affecting outcome.

Incidentally, I read the scanned thread for this case, and am impressed with the local police response in this case. Sadly, a precious life was still lost...but I won't be pointing the finger of blame for that at anyone other than a man whose name I can't bear to spell out (CMW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker