GUILTY MO - Ireland, 2 & Goodknight Ribando, 7 weeks, found dead outside home, Kearney, July 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So CPS was called at around 11:00 p.m. and they had the fight at that time?
I'm trying to put this together. Why would someone call CPS late at night and not call the police?
I'm guessing it was either the dad or the grandma that placed the call.
I see now it was a hotline that was called for child services.
He may have called because he was afraid of what she might do in her state of mind.
The car was on when the child services investigator came around 9:30 a.m. The investigator didn't see anyone in the car and nobody answered the door.
Where was she?
He said he didn't look into the car so he might not have seen someone slumped down in the seat.

He may have called because he was afraid of what she might do in her state of mind.

He said he didn't look into the car so he might not have seen someone slumped down in the seat.
So maybe she was asleep?
Her story of all of them sleeping in the car might be true. She survived because she was able to get out.

I'm wondering who called the child service investigator? Who would know to do that? If I heard neighbors fighting, I don't believe I would ever think of calling Cps. Like, not ever. Maybe I'd call the police? Also, as I read the article, it says the call was marked as an assessment? Huh? I know nothing about child services.. Anyone know what that all means? They get a call late at night and mark it for an assessment? Is that typical? How weird!

She may not have been in the car. I think any one of us walking by a running car would notice someone slumped over, if they were in the front seat of the car. On the other hand, if they were on the floor in the back seat, we might not notice at all. I mean, I think even if we weren't consciously looking (or intentionally looking) we would NOTICE something being wrong here. So I don't think she was in the car. My opinion.

She may not have been in the car. I think any one of us walking by a running car would notice someone slumped over, if they were in the front seat of the car. On the other hand, if they were on the floor in the back seat, we might not notice at all. I mean, I think even if we weren't consciously looking (or intentionally looking) we would NOTICE something being wrong here. So I don't think she was in the car. My opinion.

I agree. I might not consciously look in a car I pass by but I would notice a grown adult in an obvious place like the front seat.

Last edited:
Plus if you're going to assess if the children are alright, nobody answers the door, a car is running, wouldn't you look to speak to driver hoping it's the person you want to talk to? Wouldn't you knock on the window? Anything? That's where I would think she was since no answer at the door and the car is running. Duh.

In one of these latest articles, I think I read that she put the kids in the car so that they wouldn't hear the argument. What??? Why wouldn't they just take the argument outside. This does not pass the smell test to me. I am very glad that the third child was not home. Poor child is going to have a rough time. No matter how this all happened. Very sad. (Oh, and where was moms phone all this time? Any texting to hubby telling him you just wait and see..?)

Plus if you're going to assess if the children are alright, nobody answers the door, a car is running, wouldn't you look to speak to driver hoping it's the person you want to talk to? Wouldn't you knock on the window? Anything? That's where I would think she was since no answer at the door and the car is running. Duh.
Jumping off your post..was the door ajar??

I'm wondering who called the child service investigator? Who would know to do that? If I heard neighbors fighting, I don't believe I would ever think of calling Cps. Like, not ever. Maybe I'd call the police? Also, as I read the article, it says the call was marked as an assessment? Huh? I know nothing about child services.. Anyone know what that all means? They get a call late at night and mark it for an assessment? Is that typical? How weird!
I don't think I would have ever thought of calling child services late at night. Police yes. This makes me think they have turned to this service before or have had them visit before. It wasn't a call to have her arrested but rather make sure the children were safe under her care. So I suspect there is a history.
I just wonder why they decided to wait until the morning to assess the children's welfare. One would think if they got a late night call there might be a sense of urgency.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead
Back