GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, BR used a sledgehammer to strike Jennifer -- not a mallet.

I don't think his buddies testifying on his behalf did him any favors. Only proved his disdain for his pregnant wife compared to how he treated others. What a *****.

Once the case is turned over, I think the jurors will return with a guilty verdict within 4 hours. MOO
^^bbm

Proud to stand for Jennifer and call this one:

The jury made the decision after three hours and twenty minutes of deliberation. Rothwell was found guilty of the two other charges against him, tampering with evidence and abandoning a corpse.

Jury finds Beau Rothwell guilty of first-degree murder in killing of his pregnant wife

Jury finds Beau Rothwell guilty of first-degree murder in killing of his pregnant wife

4/28/22

CLOSING STATEMENTS

The fate of the rest of Beau Rothwell’s life fully depended on narratives told in a St. Louis County courtroom this week.

“The last day of Jennifer’s life should’ve been a good day,” Prosecuting Attorney Thomas Smith said to open his closing statements Thursday afternoon. “She had much to be happy about.”

Smith built the case all week for the jury to charge Beau Rothwell with murder in the first degree, saying the evidence shows the defendant deliberated about killing his wife months before the night of November 11, 2019.

“He deliberated in July. Talked about the pros and cons. Deliberated in October; ‘wait and see if she has a miscarriage or something.’ He deliberated when he got the weapon; when he drew it back, when he brought it down on her head. He deliberated when he did it again,” Smith told the jury.

[..]

“Murder in the first, not the second, not voluntary manslaughter. First degree,” Smith said with a stern face. “She was struck with such unbelievable force … more than once. It fractured her skull. Her head was smashed open to where you can see her brain. What does he do? Takes a trash bag and puts it over her head.”

A murder charge in the first degree requires intent. If the jury listens to Smith, Beau Rothwell will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Lead Defense Attorney Charles Barberio said the first-degree charge is a “stretch. It was an overreach from the beginning. It’s an overreach now.”

Barberio reminded the jury that November morning started like any other day for Beau Rothwell. Barberio said his client started the day by reminding Jennifer Rothwell to enroll in the new health plan they had just chosen to cover her pregnancy.

“Jennifer certainly didn’t deserve it under any circumstance,” Barberio said. “He did not deliberate to kill his wife. This is a homicide but it does not include deliberation.”

Stepping closer to the jury, Barberio told them no witness has said anything about Beau Rothwell being abusive, violent or aggressive.

Beau Rothwell found guilty of murdering his pregnant wife

After three days of testimony, the jury found Rothwell, 31, guilty of first-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence and abandonment of a corpse. Sentencing will be July 8. First-degree murder carries a sentence of life without parole.

[..]

Barberio urged jurors to acquit his client of first-degree murder, while finding him guilty of abandoning her corpse, evidence tampering and voluntary manslaughter. He said Beau Rothwell "clearly" lost control of his actions because he believed his wife's claim during the argument that the baby was not his after months of a passionless marriage and countless fruitless attempts to get pregnant. A paternity test later confirmed Beau Rothwell to be the father.

Last edited:
Reading about this case for the first time today. Thanks to all those who post updates throughout the investigation and trial so there is a record and memory for the victims.

I am glad the jury found him guilty of 1st degree murder.

Thinking of the heartbreak her loved ones have endured....

Good, I'd like to make a prison Pros/Cons list for him :)

I noted he said he was excited about Jennifer's pregnancy, but also thought about the fact she might miscarry so he could leave her. Then listed the mistresses kid as a "problem" in his Cons list. What a great guy!

My thoughts are with Jennifer's family and friends today, it's been a painful journey for them.

I have to disagree with the prosecutor a tiny bit. I think if was premeditated months in advance, he would have had a way better plan. If he would have stopped at the first blow, he may have had a chance to get 2nd degree, but it's definitely 1st degree after he hit her again. Good job jury!

I have to disagree with the prosecutor a tiny bit. I think if was premeditated months in advance, he would have had a way better plan. If he would have stopped at the first blow, he may have had a chance to get 2nd degree, but it's definitely 1st degree after he hit her again. Good job jury!
From what we've learned about BR, he's a planner and deliberates, he's just bad at the execution. He probably expected Jennifer to have all the supplies ready for him.

7/8/22

Jennifer's mother, Robin Von Hausen, spoke at the sentencing hearing via videoconference.

"Jennifer will never know the joy of holding her child in her arms and guiding her through life," she said. "We had hoped for more than 28 years with her."

Major update in murder case of woman bludgeoned to death after her chilling final internet search revealed | The US Sun (the-sun.com)

Jennifer's naked body was found about 45 miles away from her home.

Before she went missing, Jennifer had searched on the internet “what to do if your husband is upset you are pregnant” on her cellphone, said police.

SICK LIST​

It was also revealed that Rothwell had made a pros and cons list about his affair before killing his wife.

Among the list's pros were: "better sex life," "more respect," and "fresh start."

The cons included: "half my assets/money," "trust is shaken/tainted," "my family disappointment," and "take on her kid with his probs."

Rothwell claimed during his trial, however, that the fatal argument was not over Jennifer's pregnancy, which he was happy about, but over his affair.

He said that Jennifer insisted on knowing who Rothwell was having an affair with, and when he refused to reveal her identity, Jennifer said her pregnancy was the result of an affair with another man.

Rothwell's mistress came forward after seeing news reports that Jennifer was missing and showed cops messages between them.

One Facebook message said: “Part of me wants this pregnancy to not work out.”

Another read: “If there is a miscarriage or something I’ll leave her after that and be with you.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howellsy
Back