MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purely speculation.

She drove him home, he invited her inside, grandpa was asleep, he tried to put moves on her, she refused. She started to leave and he followed her outside....

and it goes from there....

PURE SPECULATION!

Purely speculation.

She drove him home, he invited her inside, grandpa was asleep, he tried to put moves on her, she refused. She started to leave and he followed her outside....

and it goes from there....

PURE SPECULATION!
Yep, your theory is something I can totally see happening. I just can't get aboard the "maybe they were secretly involved" train that some people are on. KY is a nut, so to me it's more likely that he just snapped on her, especially if he had been drinking and had already professed his "love" for her to others that night. Just my opinion though.

I never followed Kara's case so I didn't know anything about this creep until Jessica's case. The more I read about him the more he makes my skin crawl. That said however, I'm sure there are a handful of people that know him that genuinely don't believe he had anything to do with Kara's disappearance and had no issues hanging out with him or being his friend (or more). What doesn't really add up for me is his grandpa saying that Jessica had been to the house a few times before. Why? From all MSM articles I've seen, KY was her boyfriend's childhood friend, not hers. Why would a young lady be hanging out at her boyfriend's friend's house without her boyfriend? It is entirely possible Jessica and KY had a secret thing going on - and that is not to sit in judgement of her or anything like that. It happens. But maybe (if that's what was going on) she told him it was over - done - no more - and he just didn't like that? From what I've read about this guy, that kind of deep, very personal rejection seems to be what sets him off.

All speculation of course.

I never followed Kara's case so I didn't know anything about this creep until Jessica's case. The more I read about him the more he makes my skin crawl. That said however, I'm sure there are a handful of people that know him that genuinely don't believe he had anything to do with Kara's disappearance and had no issues hanging out with him or being his friend (or more). What doesn't really add up for me is his grandpa saying that Jessica had been to the house a few times before. Why? From all MSM articles I've seen, KY was her boyfriend's childhood friend, not hers. Why would a young lady be hanging out at her boyfriend's friend's house without her boyfriend? It is entirely possible Jessica and KY had a secret thing going on - and that is not to sit in judgement of her or anything like that. It happens. But maybe (if that's what was going on) she told him it was over - done - no more - and he just didn't like that? From what I've read about this guy, that kind of deep, very personal rejection seems to be what sets him off.

All speculation of course.

Just because the grandpa didn't specifically say the boyfriend was there doesn't mean the boyfriend wasn't there. It's quite likely Jessica and her boyfriend were at Kylr's house together all those times. The reporter wasn't asking if JM was there.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/33097908/ex-girlfriend-of-kylr-yust-he-gave-me-a-weird-vibe

She said Yust called her last Friday, one day after Runions went missing.
"He was like well, 'I just want to go driving around because my birthday is coming up on Wednesday and I'm not gonna see you for a little bit,'" she said.
In light of recent events, the conversation haunts her.

I am so glad she didn't let the media identify her. She is going to be an important witness.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/09/15/kylr-y...man-in-mug-shots-doesnt-plan-to-bail-him-out/

“We have talked to people who have talked to him and they say that when they interrogate him, they feel like they are getting somewhere, they feel like he is on the verge of breaking and giving up what he knows, and then it is like flipping a switch. He flips a switch and he is like shut up, get away from me, I want my lawyer," said Beckford of the previous investigation.

Kylr's background and what people say about him paint a picture of someone with a serious mental illness. Not to where he should get off on an insanity plea, or where it justifies anything, but the fact is he needs long-term rehab in a real facility and frankly I think he is beyond fixing by state-run institutions. It is incredibly sad actually, that a human being is brought into the world in such turmoil, to two people who don't care for him and who are broken themselves. He was already doomed in the first short years of his life IMO.

I think he is unstable, unorganized, and unhinged. He is not clever and probably not very intelligent either. If the above hearsay is even partly true, it seems LE feels they can get him to confess. Kylr has a sense of right and wrong - he is not a psychopath. He may even feel bad after he flips out - all markers of a borderline personality (which is often misdiagnosed as bi-polar, here is a link). Telling his ex he wasn't going to see her for awhile - he knows what he did and that he is going to have to hide out or will get caught - yet he is sentimental enough to want to hang out with her before taking off.

So I had this ex that was exactly like what we know about Kylr, down to his childish comebacks and neck tattoos. He had the same kind of history - drug addicted parents, abandoned to his grandparents early in life who didn't parent him enough, got into bad **** as a kid himself, his grandmother was a little bit wacky which was probably a strain, he was in and out of jail on fraud, drugs, burglary, finally doing 10 years in federal prison. I had the misfortune of meeting him after he got out, not really knowing any of this history. I finally figured it out after living with him for a few months - he would go from sweet and almost kidlike, playful, stupid etc, to extremely dark mood swings and anger at the most unpredictable moments. He had weird habits and rituals, like collecting scissors and became obsessed with trying to pierce our cat's ear. Being told no was a huge instigator. This is a person who had been sexually abused, like Kylr, locked in rooms by himself as a toddler for days at a time, was fighting a past with heroin and meth, etc. I can easily see how he could have snapped and murdered me or someone else in one of his torrents. The point of this anecdote is the frame of reference allows me to see how Kylr could have lost it, especially intoxicated, then try to cover it up (like a little kid does after doing something naughty) and then feel bad and scared about it afterwards. I feel like this has been seen by others throughout the course of his life which is why he has gotten breaks. At this point though, it is like another poster said, a rabid dog needs to be put down - compassion clearly hasn't provided the kind of therapy he needs to change.

Everyone that reads his story gets a viscerally bad gut feeling for a reason.

I wish I could take a stab at him in that interrogation room.

Just because the grandpa didn't specifically say the boyfriend was there doesn't mean the boyfriend wasn't there. It's quite likely Jessica and her boyfriend were at Kylr's house together all those times. The reporter wasn't asking if JM was there.

I suppose that's quite possible as well. It just seemed like the grandpa was implying it was just Jessica there. That, coupled with the party-goer talking about how KY was going on about his feelings for her the very night she went missing (and the fact that he torched her car) paints a bit of a different picture. And sure points to a specific motive. Again, pure speculation.

I suppose that's quite possible as well. It just seemed like the grandpa was implying it was just Jessica there. That, coupled with the party-goer talking about how KY was going on about his feelings for her the very night she went missing (and the fact that he torched her car) paints a bit of a different picture. And sure points to a specific motive. Again, pure speculation.
I'd like to know how the police fingered KY for torching Runion's car. What evidence did they have?

Did the police question Grandpa or just the newsperson? Seems
a police interview of Grandpa would be highly appropiate.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

That article makes me feel bad for the grandfather. Sounds like he's really disappointed/upset about this whole ordeal.
I was catching up on his involvement in Kara's case and I read that he passed a polygraph. Seems to me he's a darn good liar. No guilt, no conscience. So no red flags during involvement....just move right along with his life and act like nothing happened. Sad situation.

I'd like to know how the police fingered KY for torching Runion's car. What evidence did they have?

Did the police question Grandpa or just the newsperson? Seems
a police interview of Grandpa would be highly appropiate.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I remember reading it was an "anonymous tip"as far as where the car was located. Did that person just find the car or did they see it happen? Curious. I think the second LE heard JR was associated with Kylr and left with him, they connected the dots and were able to arrest him so easily because they already knew all his hidey holes. Once they picked him up and saw his burns/injuries etc it was easy for them to arrest him on the car burning. They definitely interviewed grandpa and whoever was in Edwards with him, as they searched both properties.

“Detectives are working tirelessly to try to find her. Obviously, our main goal is to bring her home safe, and right now we're following tips. We've received approximately two dozen tips so far and they're busy following up on those. Nothing solid yet, but we're just hoping to find her and bring her back home to her family safe,” said Officer Darin Snapp, a spokesman for Kansas City police.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/33094675...disappearance-transferred-back-to-kansas-city

In that article it says AY said he didn't come there that night - well maybe he was out all night perpetrating the crime and showed up at work drunk THEN went home the next morning.

That article makes me feel bad for the grandfather. Sounds like he's really disappointed/upset about this whole ordeal.
I was catching up on his involvement in Kara's case and I read that he passed a polygraph. Seems to me he's a darn good liar. No guilt, no conscience. So no red flags during involvement....just move right along with his life and act like nothing happened. Sad situation.

I could be wrong, it's been so many years now. But IIRC, there was never a formal verification from LE etc. that KY had in fact passed a polygraph in Kara's case. The only thing I can recall reading was a quote directly from KY in a media interview saying this. FWIW. Will attempt to find this link if it is even still available.
I feel bad for his grandfather too. I certainly don't condone people covering for family members doing horrible things. But it seems to get forgotten that many times the perpetrator's friends and family are victims too and face a tremendous amount of pain etc.

"Two separate sources say investigators also visited a Benton County property on Yancy Lane. They say police questioned Yust's relative that lives there. Signs on the property warn it's under surveillance."

If anyone can help me find this? I have found a business that is listed at 37863 Yancy Ln Edwards, MO 65326 (painters/decorators) and the marker on the map on their website puts it firmly in the middle of Edwards (between Highway 7 and Horseshoe Rd)

Is highway 7 also Yancy lane?

ETA: Nevermind, yelp had the pin in the wrong place.

They won't find Jessica alive...if they find her at all. He burned the car to destroy evidence, which means there must have been a lot of blood. Otherwise, why torch it? Her DNA would have been normal to find in her car. There are a lot of places he could have put her car in water and it wouldn't be found easily. So he had to destroy it for a reason.

Kara has never been found after all these years. He knows how to dispose of a body. I hope he made a mistake somewhere, because he should never be free to kill again.

JR left the party with Kylr. My guess is that they went back to Kylr's and the grandpa just isn't telling the whole truth. From what I understand, she was his ride home
Earlier I quoted from an article that Jessica brought him to the party. Witnesses stated he arrived already intoxicated.

I could be wrong, it's been so many years now. But IIRC, there was never a formal verification from LE etc. that KY had in fact passed a polygraph in Kara's case. The only thing I can recall reading was a quote directly from KY in a media interview saying this. FWIW. Will attempt to find this link if it is even still available.
I feel bad for his grandfather too. I certainly don't condone people covering for family members doing horrible things. But it seems to get forgotten that many times the perpetrator's friends and family are victims too and face a tremendous amount of pain etc.

I did also see that people mentioned a LE coverup, but it was also speculation.

Do you think if Jessica is ever found, that Kara will be there too? I can't shake the feeling KY has a place that's important to him, and Kara, at least is there.

Also can someone link me to something about him professing his love for Jessica that night.

I wouldn't jump on the possible involvement but why would she leave w him after he said that and not with her boyfriend? I stick with not believing it was current but prob past. Also someone said she would have been only 17 when he went to prison but I seriously doubt her being 16 or 17 would have bothered him at all.

This was 2 days ago but im not sure if this was posted on here. I haven't had time to read every post to catch up.

WATCH: Kylr Yust had some interesting responses to @RichardKSHB's questions about Jessica Runions' whereabouts.

[video=twitter;776101844309377024]https://twitter.com/41actionnews/status/776101844309377024[/video]

He is so cocky!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads