MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He worked at a bumper repair shop from what I can recall

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also does anyone know where he worked? I thought he was a tattoo artist, it's kind of rare for a tattoo shop to be open before 9-10 am. my family never opened ours before 10. we would go in early or stay late sometimes to sauder needles and sanitize equipment if we had a really busy day. No other tattoo shop owners this side of my state opened early either. Things have probably changed sense the 90s though.
Vail is correct, he worked at some kind of bumper/car repair shop. It was located on the KS side. I think you'd have to dig around through FB if you wanted to know the exact place. Just prior to Jessica's disappearance, he had interviewed for a piercing apprenticeship at a tattoo shop in the Kansas City area, but he was declined the opportunity because the shop owner said he just didn't resonate with Kylr, something about him didn't sit right. There's a little about it at this link: http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/police-looking-for-21-year-old-missing-woman-from-raytown I also think it was in 2011 that he was indicted for theft from a tattoo shop that he was working for at the time.

And at this point, I don't see any connection with KY's grandfather. He appears overprotective of Kylr sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's covering for anything that he's done. On a couple of the facebook groups, people had suggested that the grandfather might know something, but I haven't seen any evidence of that. Second point, the only way the grandfather would know is if KY told him or he brought JR back to the house, which I don't believe to the be case.
I absolutely agree with this. I think he's overprotective because he's the one that has cared for Kylr the majority of his life. I think because of that, he also probably was witness to some of the worst parts of Kylr's temper. It may not be so much that he's protective over Kylr at this point, but that he's just trying to protect himself. There's no telling when his grandson will walk free again, and if he does, it's likely Grandpa's home would be one of the first places Kylr would go. I'd be reticent to say anything publicly if I were him too. I imagine that this man feels immense disappointment and sadness seeing the path that his grandson has gone down, especially because he said in one of the first media appearances after Jessica's disappearance, after the police searched his home, that he really thought Kylr was getting his life together and trying to get on the right path. I think he really wanted to believe that Kylr was trying and wanted to be good, then to wake up to hear he'd been arrested for burning a girl's car and was the sole suspect connected to her disappearance. What a disappointment.

I agree. Guess he moved to warsaw. Impeccable timing. Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Sorry for all the repeat posts everyone. Just trying to catch up after not posting for awhile. I've been following closely though, and I have to agree that the timing with the move to Warsaw is impeccable. Warsaw is very, very close to Truman Reservoir. Truman Dam access road is only about five minutes from the middle of Warsaw and Highway 7 through Warsaw cuts right across the Lake of the Ozarks near the Reservoir and Drake Harbor. Seems a possible scenario to me regarding Jessica. For reference, Warsaw and Truman Reservoir: https://goo.gl/maps/aFASXDNjqru Plus, you could easily pass right through Warsaw, crossing over Highway 7 near the Reservoir, without making any major detours if you made your route from Grandpa's house in KC, MO to Edwards: https://goo.gl/maps/7qZ5jdHDsak

Sorry for all the repeat posts everyone. Just trying to catch up after not posting for awhile. I've been following closely though, and I have to agree that the timing with the move to Warsaw is impeccable. Warsaw is very, very close to Truman Reservoir. Truman Dam access road is only about five minutes from the middle of Warsaw and Highway 7 through Warsaw cuts right across the Lake of the Ozarks near the Reservoir and Drake Harbor. Seems a possible scenario to me regarding Jessica. For reference, Warsaw and Truman Reservoir: https://goo.gl/maps/aFASXDNjqru Plus, you could easily pass right through Warsaw, crossing over Highway 7 near the Reservoir, without making any major detours if you made your route from Grandpa's house in KC, MO to Edwards: https://goo.gl/maps/7qZ5jdHDsak
I agree. I would not be surprised if she is in that lake. locals say it's huge.

I'm just curious if one of the threads contain an accurate time line we can reference. I have not heard about kylr going to work on Friday. Does anyone know what time grandpa saw Jr's car at his place? I tried to Google it but had no luck. Often I find a variety of conflicted information from news sites. I would like to read an accurate time line if anyone knows where one might be at

Jessica Runions Case Summary and Timeline (note this doesn't include all SM details)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ty-8-September-2016-2&p=13101173#post13101173

I agree. I would not be surprised if she is in that lake. locals say it's huge.
I'm on the KS side, but have been through the area a few times and it is enormous. I believe it is the largest reservoir in Missouri, with Lake of the Ozarks being the second.

Thanks Vail for all the information. Scout to think about her being in there gives me the creepy crawlies.

Thanks Vail for all the information. Scout to think about her being in there gives me the creepy crawlies.

It does!! I mean, I hope she is but I don't, you know? Such a far away lonely place :/

Me too! Gave me a chill typing it out, knowing how deep the water is and how expansive the area is. There are bodies found in Truman Lake sometimes, but I'd say it would be risky unless it was late at night as there is a vistor's center and Harry Truman State Park in the vicinity as well. Which, that still may make sense as Jessica's car was burned around midnight if I remember correctly and I think it takes about two hours to get to Truman Lake from Kansas City, Missouri. Believe I read that something like 5 million people visit each year. So, it's not a totally dead area, just very big. I'm not thinking Jessica's close to home anymore, though, at least not the immediate KC Metro area. At least, if she is, she's very well hidden.

Me too! Gave me a chill typing it out, knowing how deep the water is and how expansive the area is. There are bodies found in Truman Lake sometimes, but I'd say it would be risky unless it was late at night as there is a visitor's center and Harry Truman State Park in the vicinity as well. Which, that still may make sense as Jessica's car was burned around midnight if I remember correctly and I think it takes about two hours to get to Truman Lake from Kansas City, Missouri. Believe I read that something like 5 million people visit each year. So, it's not a totally dead area, just very big. I'm not thinking Jessica's close to home anymore, though, at least not the immediate KC Metro area. At least, if she is, she's very well hidden.

You have more faith in the weekend searches than I do, scout! Unless they have cadaver dogs with them, my fear is they've walked right by her. I think key areas need to be searched repeatedly, especially once spring hits.

The lack of LE searching concerns me though. What do they know that keeps them from tirelessly searching or calling in outside agencies? This isn't Belton PD anymore... If they believe she was put into water or there is no body to find (ashes, pigs, etc), I can see how so much emphasis is being placed on the waiting game. I like to think they have an undercover in jail with Ky. In an ideal world.

I'm trying to get all of the facts and investigate the case further, which is why I haven't commented for a few days. I also need to confirm the details of the timeline with a trusted source, but I'm being diligent not to put any misinformation out there.

I'm questioning whether Kylr was actually at his grandfathers house at 2am a few hours after JR went missing? I'm assuming that's what Jennifer told the news reporter, but that was based on what Kylr told her by text. If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.

Another question I'm going back and forth with is, based on the events of Sunday morning with the burning of the vehicle, is it even possible to burn the remains without a shred of evidence? Even JR's mother on the show that most recently aired even said that was a possibility that she was still in the vehicle.

Also, assuming the remains were not in the vehicle, could KY have burned the vehicle in hopes of not only destroying any DNA from the vehicle, but as a diversion tactic and throwing off the track of the investigation making law enforcement think the remains were in the vehicle?

http://abc.go.com/shows/nightline/e...-Believe-Same-Man-Knows-What-Happened-to-Them

(modsnip)

It is really wonderful to see Jessica's family talk about her. They are so incredibly dedicated!

I was also happy to see the Lt. talk about the Kylr - it is verry telling that he was the focus here...they are looking at him hard.

A few takeaways:

JHR says it was one of her worst fears Jessica was in the car, not that it is possible she was. See original quote

“Right now I have positive news that my daughter wasn’t in the car when they found it,” Jamie S. Runions told The Star on Sunday. “And that’s what’s going to keep me going right now. There’s hope.”

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article101235007.html

She has family that are firemen, so my hope is they have a pretty good handle on whether she could have been in it or not. My guess is no, considering how hot a crematory fire has to burn and still leaves bone fragments.

The search map
attachment.php

I don't think KY was using the car as a decoy - I don't think he planned on it being found or traced back to her, or planned on getting burned or caught. He chose a secluded road surrounded by trees in a turnoff that was already littered with debris.It was likely dumped in the opposite direction of her remains, so there is a subconscious element to trying to distract from the reality, sure.

It was less nice to listen to KY's lawyer. I really don't know how defense attorneys can do it, especially public defenders. How exactly is she going to explain his burned face? His fleeing to Edwards?

Attachments

• Image 2017-03-04 at 3.08.44 PM.png
    Image 2017-03-04 at 3.08.44 PM.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Image 2017-03-04 at 11.51.22 PM.png
    Image 2017-03-04 at 11.51.22 PM.png
    431.9 KB · Views: 166
You have more faith in the weekend searches than I do, scout! Unless they have cadaver dogs with them, my fear is they've walked right by her. I think key areas need to be searched repeatedly, especially once spring hits. The lack of LE searching concerns me though. What do they know that keeps them from tirelessly searching or calling in outside agencies? This isn't Belton PD anymore... If they believe she was put into water or there is no body to find (ashes, pigs, etc), I can see how so much emphasis is being placed on the waiting game. I like to think they have an undercover in jail with Ky. In an ideal world.
Oh, no, I don't have much faith in them. At least not the LE searches, if they are even doing them regularly anymore. Don't get me wrong, I want to! But, living in the area as long as I have and seeing the handiwork of these police departments, I just don't have a good feeling about the work they are doing with this case. There's several others that are leaving a bad feeling as well. I don't mean to discredit the good officers that are on that particular force, just that the KCMO PD, and KCKC PD, for that matter aren't exactly known for having a great, sparkling track record. I want to have faith, but then you start seeing all these other missing persons cases cropping up and potential murders in the area. With these women going missing in the Northland, I'm starting to think we have a rogue officer moonlighting as a potential serial killer. Not to get off on a totally different case, but things just don't look good. Plus, we've been on the list for being one of the areas in the US with highest crime rates for a few years. I feel like if the KC Missouri PD were controlled by the city, instead of the state, there might be less problems. I think it is the only department in the country that is controlled by the state, rather than the city. Jessica's family and friends on the other hand are so tenacious and tireless about finding their girl and bringing her justice that I have to have faith they will eventually find her someday. And honestly, I think from here on out, they will have a little easier time searching as spring has basically come to the area. Typically, it's very cold still this time of year but it's been unseasonably warm since the beginning of February, give or take a few days here and there. And yes, it would be nice if they had an undercover in the cell with KY. Someone who seems needy, put-upon, had a hard life and needs someone to listen to him...Gain KY's trust by trading stories, making him feel like they're on the same page. Then again, I'd take anything KY says with a grain of salt. I think half the crap he says is only said to test people's loyalty and make himself look a tough guy when really he's just a big coward who preys on women.

http://abc.go.com/shows/nightline/e...-Believe-Same-Man-Knows-What-Happened-to-Them [video=youtube;1QiqSsqakp8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QiqSsqakp8[/video] It is really wonderful to see Jessica's family talk about her. They are so incredibly dedicated! I was also happy to see the Lt. talk about the Kylr - it is verry telling that he was the focus here...they are looking at him hard. A few takeaways: JHR says it was one of her worst fears Jessica was in the car, not that it is possible she was. See original quote http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article101235007.html She has family that are firemen, so my hope is they have a pretty good handle on whether she could have been in it or not. My guess is no, considering how hot a crematory fire has to burn and still leaves bone fragments. The search map
attachment.php
I don't think KY was using the car as a decoy - I don't think he planned on it being found or traced back to her, or planned on getting burned or caught. He chose a secluded road surrounded by trees in a turnoff that was already littered with debris.It was likely dumped in the opposite direction of her remains, so there is a subconscious element to trying to distract from the reality, sure. It was less nice to listen to KY's lawyer. I really don't know how defense attorneys can do it, especially public defenders. How exactly is she going to explain his burned face? His fleeing to Edwards?
Thank you for sharing this! I wanted to watch it but didn't catch it in time on TV. It was nice to hear from Jessica's family. I can't get over the strength of her mother and just how steadfast her entire family has been in trying to find her and keeping her name out there. Her Grandfather just breaks my heart. As for his attorney, I could go without hearing from her again. She honestly made my blood burn. I know she's doing her job and what she has to do to ensure her client is granted due process, but for the love. It's like rubbing salt in the wound. If I were his attorney, I think I'd lose it and be the one on trial before all was said and done. I know there's some defendants who are innocent, but this fool doesn't even come close. He's brazen because he was allowed to walk so long after Kara went missing, and he'll only get more brazen the longer this case goes on. My fear is he will get out and he will do this same thing and create the same nightmare for another girl's family, and another's, and so on and so on. He knows the area well enough that he's found a hiding place that no one seems to be able to unearth. He'll get charged for petty crimes and things like burning that car, but he'll continue to walk because there's no hard evidence he murdered anyone. As for explaining his burns and choices, who knows what they will come up with. Maybe he was making campfires for the homeless, or volunteering to help farmers in Edwards. Whatever they can say to make the jury feel any sort of empathy for him and spare him from the sentence he deserves. No doubt his attorney will attempt to say something along the lines of how there's no way to prove those burns came from a flash fire that occurred because he was illegally burning property that just happens to belong to a missing woman who had her future stolen from her by this maniac. Maybe he was at the lake and got a sunburn on just his face, or mishandled a blow torch, or whatever stupidity they can concoct. Lord knows we have to protect the rights of the accused and guilty, but to hell with victim's rights. Bleeding hearts unite.

Thank you for sharing this! I wanted to watch it but didn't catch it in time on TV. It was nice to hear from Jessica's family. I can't get over the strength of her mother and just how steadfast her entire family has been in trying to find her and keeping her name out there. Her Grandfather just breaks my heart. As for his attorney, I could go without hearing from her again. She honestly made my blood burn. I know she's doing her job and what she has to do to ensure her client is granted due process, but for the love. It's like rubbing salt in the wound. If I were his attorney, I think I'd lose it and be the one on trial before all was said and done. I know there's some defendants who are innocent, but this fool doesn't even come close. He's brazen because he was allowed to walk so long after Kara went missing, and he'll only get more brazen the longer this case goes on. My fear is he will get out and he will do this same thing and create the same nightmare for another girl's family, and another's, and so on and so on. He knows the area well enough that he's found a hiding place that no one seems to be able to unearth. He'll get charged for petty crimes and things like burning that car, but he'll continue to walk because there's no hard evidence he murdered anyone. As for explaining his burns and choices, who knows what they will come up with. Maybe he was making campfires for the homeless, or volunteering to help farmers in Edwards. Whatever they can say to make the jury feel any sort of empathy for him and spare him from the sentence he deserves. No doubt his attorney will attempt to say something along the lines of how there's no way to prove those burns came from a flash fire that occurred because he was illegally burning property that just happens to belong to a missing woman who had her future stolen from her by this maniac. Maybe he was at the lake and got a sunburn on just his face, or mishandled a blow torch, or whatever stupidity they can concoct. Lord knows we have to protect the rights of the accused and guilty, but to hell with victim's rights. Bleeding hearts unite.
The defense is a joke! Profoundly bad arguements and points for proving innocence to a jury. If she is going to attempt to get him out of this she better come up with better ways of casting reasonable doubt.

He is a terrible liar! His smug face, raised eyebrow, smirk, how he answered the reporter who asked if he killed Jessica - liar. He makes it so obvious he killed her. I bet he gets caught and figured out.

Although it's total pseudo science, I believe If an investigator wants to get the truth out of him they could. In obvious ways he shows when he is lying. I think he would give everything away during questioning.

Seeing how he responds to questions about locations might be pretty informative regarding locating Jessica. If they were asking about specific locations, and events he would give himself away. Hopefully they are going over interrogation videos over and over.

The defense is a joke! Profoundly bad arguements and points for proving innocence to a jury. If she is going to attempt to get him out of this she better come up with better ways of casting reasonable doubt. He is a terrible liar! His smug face, raised eyebrow, smirk, how he answered the reporter who asked if he killed Jessica - liar. He makes it so obvious he killed her. I bet he gets caught and figured out. Although it's total pseudo science, I believe If an investigator wants to get the truth out of him they could. In obvious ways he shows when he is lying. I think he would give everything away during questioning. Seeing how he responds to questions about locations might be pretty informative regarding locating Jessica. If they were asking about specific locations, and events he would give himself away. Hopefully they are going over interrogation videos over and over.
Exactly. I feel like an investigator needs to go one of two ways with him. Either be a little motherly, show a little empathy for the guy, be calm and patient and try to gain his trust. Or do things the way that reporter did. Since he appears to be a sociopath and therefore would lack the ability to really connect with others, it might be better to go the way of that reporter and just let him hang himself. Once he felt insulted by the reporter, he started parroting back and being condescending and sarcastic. Enough of that line of questioning, and he might go over the edge and let some important information out. He appears to mirror behaviors. He's also relied on the fact that people feel sorry for him based on his sad sob story of a childhood. Maybe if someone were to just blow past that and put him in his place, he'd eventually go over the edge. Socios don't like to be called out on their behaviors and lies, and they like to be around people that they can easily manipulate and control. It's easier for them that way. Based on my own experience and what I've been reading, when people begin to peel away their layers and expose them for what they are, they become enraged and typically reveal themselves. Creative, thoughtful responses also seem to be very difficult for them, because their actions depend a lot on what they've observed in others so they tend to parrot back or repeat what's been said to them. I'm sure a good investigator who had enough time to psychoanalyze him further would have a very good chance at getting him to divulge some information. I think he'd eventually slip up, but only with the right person on the job.

Exactly. I feel like an investigator needs to go one of two ways with him. Either be a little motherly, show a little empathy for the guy, be calm and patient and try to gain his trust. Or do things the way that reporter did. Since he appears to be a sociopath and therefore would lack the ability to really connect with others, it might be better to go the way of that reporter and just let him hang himself. Once he felt insulted by the reporter, he started parroting back and being condescending and sarcastic. Enough of that line of questioning, and he might go over the edge and let some important information out. He appears to mirror behaviors. He's also relied on the fact that people feel sorry for him based on his sad sob story of a childhood. Maybe if someone were to just blow past that and put him in his place, he'd eventually go over the edge. Socios don't like to be called out on their behaviors and lies, and they like to be around people that they can easily manipulate and control. It's easier for them that way. Based on my own experience and what I've been reading, when people begin to peel away their layers and expose them for what they are, they become enraged and typically reveal themselves. Creative, thoughtful responses also seem to be very difficult for them, because their actions depend a lot on what they've observed in others so they tend to parrot back or repeat what's been said to them. I'm sure a good investigator who had enough time to psychoanalyze him further would have a very good chance at getting him to divulge some information. I think he'd eventually slip up, but only with the right person on the job.
I think both of your ideas are good. He needs a mom/woman to gain his trust then put him in his place and call him on the B's. I bet that would push him over the edge fast. Then again that reporter did the trick too.

I cannot get that Nightline segment that aired last week off my mind. It makes me so sad to think about everything that has been stolen from Jessica and her family. And Kara, too, for that matter. They said Jessica was supposed to go back to school in May. She had such a bright future and she could have done so many wonderful things. She had so much ahead of her, so much to look forward to. All of that detroyed in one terrible moment because Kylr had a bad childhood and now believes violence or murder are the answers when he doesn't get his way, or when someone tries to leave him, or whatever the hell his problem was that night and any other time that someone has crossed him the wrong way. How many dreams and lives does he have to destroy before justice is found for these girls? There has to be someone somewhere that knows something, even the tiniest shred of information, that would lead to justice. Where are these poor girls????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagnoliaGRL