MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what that family is going through, especially after they've found other bodies while searching and Toni Anderson was finally found this weekend. Utterly heartbreaking.

Well, at least we know Jessica is probably not in any of the areas LE has been searching for Toni.

Has Truman Lake been searched? I'm aware of a number of searches in the immediate KC area but haven't heard if much was searched around the Warsaw area? That area is where Kylrs family has land I believe? Which could yield clues for both Kara and Jessica imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Truman Lake been searched? I'm aware of a number of searches in the immediate KC area but haven't heard if much was searched around the Warsaw area? That area is where Kylrs family has land I believe? Which could yield clues for both Kara and Jessica imo Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like to know this as well. I kind of doubt it, though. I mentioned Truman Lake a couple of pages back and it, along with Longview Lake, is a place that's been on my mind since the beginning of this case as a location that needs to be searched. It would have been very easy to transport Jessica as Kylr and whoever he was with were leaving the KC area and dump her over Highway 7 near Truman Reservoir, just near where Lake of the Ozarks begins. They'd be there in a couple of hours, and no detours would need to be taken on the way to Edwards. Not certain of land, but I'm certain from searching on case.net that he has at least one relative in the Warsaw area. I don't know how far out searches have gone beyond the KC area. In the Nightline segment, Jess's mother said she has a group that she meets with privately and they go over maps and search areas in relation to Kylr and places he may have gone. I believe she said her garage has kind of turned into search headquarters, with her group meeting weekly to plot new areas to search, so it's possible it's been considered. Problem is that to search an area like Truman, you'd need pretty high quality sonar technology to detect anything in the water. I know bodies are found in Truman Lake fairly often but to my knowledge only after they've washed up after a period of time as opposed to being found by dive teams and sonar, like recently with Toni Anderson in the Missouri River. If there were evidence, or clues, I'm sure the nonprofit that helped Toni's family could also help find Jessica. It's also possible Jessica isn't as far as Truman, and is closer in the Blue or Missouri Rivers. The Blue River would be easier, I would assume, as it's close to where her car was abandoned and burned.

I would like to know this as well. I kind of doubt it, though. I mentioned Truman Lake a couple of pages back and it, along with Longview Lake, is a place that's been on my mind since the beginning of this case as a location that needs to be searched. It would have been very easy to transport Jessica as Kylr and whoever he was with were leaving the KC area and dump her over Highway 7 near Truman Reservoir, just near where Lake of the Ozarks begins. They'd be there in a couple of hours, and no detours would need to be taken on the way to Edwards. Not certain of land, but I'm certain from searching on case.net that he has at least one relative in the Warsaw area. I don't know how far out searches have gone beyond the KC area. In the Nightline segment, Jess's mother said she has a group that she meets with privately and they go over maps and search areas in relation to Kylr and places he may have gone. I believe she said her garage has kind of turned into search headquarters, with her group meeting weekly to plot new areas to search, so it's possible it's been considered. Problem is that to search an area like Truman, you'd need pretty high quality sonar technology to detect anything in the water. I know bodies are found in Truman Lake fairly often but to my knowledge only after they've washed up after a period of time as opposed to being found by dive teams and sonar, like recently with Toni Anderson in the Missouri River. If there were evidence, or clues, I'm sure the nonprofit that helped Toni's family could also help find Jessica. It's also possible Jessica isn't as far as Truman, and is closer in the Blue or Missouri Rivers. The Blue River would be easier, I would assume, as it's close to where her car was abandoned and burned.

Great insights; thanks! I guess I'm interested in the Truman angle from the perspective of common disposal (sorry :() ground between Kara and Jessica. Like as if it worked the first time he got away with murder, so he might use the lake again. The bridges over Truman make an easy drop into deep water. Think he'd have to have help though, which a lot of people speculate he did. And I agree that it is just such a vast area that without a hard clue where do you start. So sad.

Great insights; thanks! I guess I'm interested in the Truman angle from the perspective of common disposal (sorry :() ground between Kara and Jessica. Like as if it worked the first time he got away with murder, so he might use the lake again. The bridges over Truman make an easy drop into deep water. Think he'd have to have help though, which a lot of people speculate he did. And I agree that it is just such a vast area that without a hard clue where do you start. So sad. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely think he had help, at least with disposal of evidence and departure. Whatever he did to her, I think he accomplished on his own. Hiding her and disposing of evidence on the other hand, I think someone helped him out. It is entirely possible someone picked him up after burning the vehicle and she was transported to a different location. However, her car was somewhere between 3 pm when it was last seen in the grandfather's driveway and when it was found burning late Friday night/early Saturday morning after she went missing. It's possible I suppose he was dumb enough to drive it out of town and then back, but then he could have just dumped the car in the reservoir too (if that is where she is) and hitched with whoever helped him get to Edwards so that may not make sense. Then again, neither does burning a vehicle and leaving it for all to see on the side of the road. Seems he may have been in flight mode at that time, just wanting to get rid of whatever evidence remained and get out of town. I definitely believe that wherever Jessica is, Kara will be with her or at least nearby. Either that, or the same method will have been used. Seems most repeat killers don't choose new methods of hiding bodies and evidence, they don't tend to stray from their original MO, unless they feel they have been detected in some way. Even then, their method seems to remain the same (burial, body of water, whatever it may be), they just move to a new location. I almost feel like the answer to this is sitting out in the open, waiting to smack us all in the face because he seems so brazen and sure of himself.

Well, at least we know Jessica is probably not in any of the areas LE has been searching for Toni.
They were apparently very lucky to find Toni and her car when they did. I was just reading that if they had waited much longer, her car would likely have been swallowed up by the silt at the bottom of the river and would have gone undetected if that sonar team had tried searching there a month or more from now. I imagine if they could somehow see the bottom of that river throughout, they would find so many that have gone missing through the years. Believe it was in the 80s and 90s that it gained notoriety as a popular dumping spot for killers and the like. Such a sad ending, but at least her family can find some kind of peace not having to wonder for eternity where she is.

I need to read all the postings here, but in local news I never saw any interviews with or information from Jessica's boyfriend. I may just have missed them. Did the boyfriend do any interviews?

I'm very behind as well, but my gosh, that mugshot. It is clear that he did something to this poor girl and she fought back. He probably was drunk or on drugs and tried to come onto her, and then lost it when she rejected him. And what's even more sad is that this possibly could have never happened had he been charged much earlier on his other crimes and had harsher punishments.

I'm so disgusted with how things have turned out on this.

I'm very behind as well, but my gosh, that mugshot. It is clear that he did something to this poor girl and she fought back. He probably was drunk or on drugs and tried to come onto her, and then lost it when she rejected him. And what's even more sad is that this possibly could have never happened had he been charged much earlier on his other crimes and had harsher punishments.

I'm so disgusted with how things have turned out on this.
According to other people at the party, he was extremely drunk when they left the party. He had been asked to leave because of his behavior.

I need to read all the postings here, but in local news I never saw any interviews with or information from Jessica's boyfriend. I may just have missed them. Did the boyfriend do any interviews?

JM has not spoken directly with the media nor has he been publicly cleared in the media. However, Jessica's family has said he is not a suspect, and as far as I know he has been an active participant in her searches. My guess is LE told him to keep his head down, as he is the second person people would suspect here. I don't know for certain that JM is not involved, because I do not know him personally or have enough evidence to make me suspicious of him. This is the only MSM article that mentions him in the timeline:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/33153777/new-details-emerge-on-timeline-of-jessica-runions-disappearance

KCTV5 has learned Runions talked to her boyfriend around 2:15 p.m. Thursday afternoon. She last texted him around 9:30 p.m. that night. Jessica's mother attempted to call but received no answer.

We've otherwise learned from SM and other sources that he didn't even know she was with Kylr that afternoon and evening.

According to other people at the party, he was extremely drunk when they left the party. He had been asked to leave because of his behavior.
He was also coming on to her, loudly proclaimed his love for her, and was saying he was going to marry her one day all night at the party. The people at the party said she kindly indicated she was not sharing the feelings Kylr had. I'm sure the declined advance made him angry. Then he was drinking and rebuffed in front of a party AND thrown out. I'm sure he was in a frenzy of fury.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I noticed the same story earlier. Seems like a lot of people are getting killed and going missing over there. I'm not familiar with KCMO but I have to think with the amount of bodies being found something strange is happening.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The bad things happening in KC are not a surprise. Our police budget continues to get slashed, officers are being let go, and we were just behind St Louis in homicides in 2016. Add that in with the anemic local media (KC Star has only a handful of general assignment reporters left, and they are selling their building) and dozens of open missing persons cases, and you'll probably check KCMO off your list of places to live unfortunately.

The bad things happening in KC are not a surprise. Our police budget continues to get slashed, officers are being let go, and we were just behind St Louis in homicides in 2016. Add that in with the anemic local media (KC Star has only a handful of general assignment reporters left, and they are selling their building) and dozens of open missing persons cases, and you'll probably check KCMO off your list of places to live unfortunately.
Yes, exactly. It's getting worse, and fast. I've lived in Leavenworth County my entire life, on the outskirts of the KC Metro and even here, where it's relatively safe, I won't go out past a certain time of night by myself just because of the increase in crime closer to the KC area. Forget going to the store or gas station late at night, and call me paranoid, but I refuse to answer my door past a certain time unless I've invited people over. It used to be relatively quiet here, able to leave doors unlocked and let kids play outside by themselves until the sun went down, but you just can't trust people anymore. KCMO was on par with Chicago last year for homicides with them having 28 homicides and KC having 26 per 100,000 people. Sad thing is they have a population of close to 3 million and KCMO has a population just around 500,000. Believe that St. Louis had something like 60 per 100,000, a pop. of over 300,000 and was named the murder capital of the US. Seems KC is racing to catch up. What a title to have. Also just read an article discussing budget slashes within the KCPD and more layoffs are pretty much guaranteed in the coming months. I keep seeing people saying they are shocked that crime has gone up so much. It really shouldn't be that big of a surprise when you look at how underfunded the police force is. There's also been some internal investigations citing negligence and incompetence in reporting and investigating child abuse cases in the last year, so there's that as well.

He was also coming on to her, loudly proclaimed his love for her, and was saying he was going to marry her one day all night at the party. The people at the party said she kindly indicated she was not sharing the feelings Kylr had. I'm sure the declined advance made him angry. Then he was drinking and rebuffed in front of a party AND thrown out. I'm sure he was in a frenzy of fury. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I feel like this was maybe a little bit of a "if I can't have her, no one can" situation. I feel there's a lot of psychology behind it, going into his childhood and how he was raised. Maybe a little reactive attachment disorder, some sociopathy or antisocial personality mixed in as well. I feel like he latched onto her from the start, formed an obsessive attachment, and couldn't handle it when his advances were declined. We may never know what actually happened, but I do think he gets very attached and cannot handle rejection. Kara's case seems to be the same situation of rejection and possession on his part. He had to have her, and since he couldn't, he made sure no one else could either.

I feel like this was maybe a little bit of a "if I can't have her, no one can" situation. I feel there's a lot of psychology behind it, going into his childhood and how he was raised. Maybe a little reactive attachment disorder, some sociopathy or antisocial personality mixed in as well. I feel like he latched onto her from the start, formed an obsessive attachment, and couldn't handle it when his advances were declined. We may never know what actually happened, but I do think he gets very attached and cannot handle rejection. Kara's case seems to be the same situation of rejection and possession on his part. He had to have her, and since he couldn't, he made sure no one else could either.

He seems to have narcissistic personality disorder, too. The rejection may have been too much for him to handle, which then infuriated him to the point of losing control. Anyone he didn't like was in no danger. Anyone who responded to him in the way he wanted was in no danger. It wasn't until the threat of rejection that he lost control, because no one DARE reject HIM when he's not ready.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568

JM has not spoken directly with the media nor has he been publicly cleared in the media. However, Jessica's family has said he is not a suspect, and as far as I know he has been an active participant in her searches. My guess is LE told him to keep his head down, as he is the second person people would suspect here. I don't know for certain that JM is not involved, because I do not know him personally or have enough evidence to make me suspicious of him. This is the only MSM article that mentions him in the timeline

http://www.kctv5.com/story/33153777/new-details-emerge-on-timeline-of-jessica-runions-disappearance

KCTV5 has learned Runions talked to her boyfriend around 2:15 p.m. Thursday afternoon. She last texted him around 9:30 p.m. that night. Jessica's mother attempted to call but received no answer.

We've otherwise learned from SM and other sources that he didn't even know she was with Kylr that afternoon and evening.
Thanks for the information. I have wondered why the boyfriend hadn't spoken out. I didn't realize he was unaware that Jessica was with Kylr that afternoon and evening. I never have considered him to be a suspect but knew he and Kylr were childhood friends.

He seems to have narcissistic personality disorder, too. The rejection may have been too much for him to handle, which then infuriated him to the point of losing control. Anyone he didn't like was in no danger. Anyone who responded to him in the way he wanted was in no danger. It wasn't until the threat of rejection that he lost control, because no one DARE reject HIM when he's not ready. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568
Yes, exactly. Narcissistic personality is a definite possibility. The interview with the news reporter when he's being transported to Jackson County is enough to show he cannot handle perceived insults, like when the reporter asked what happened to his face. I've said it before here, but I'm sure a psychologist could have a field day with him. I've seen several comments on articles from people who apparently knew him saying he was always such a nice guy, but I'm assuming these people probably never had the opportunity to offend him and see his true temper and personality rear its ugly head.

Does anyone closer to the investigation know if police every followed up on the cryptic FB cover photo KY uploaded that says "it's easy to find if you open your eyes"? I realize everyone noticed that creepy tidbit a long time ago but i wonder if it's worth searching the park/landing where he took the pic??

I've thought about it a lot, but that photo was taken right behind the hospital looking towards downtown...It looks to me like a nice spring day and he is really just talking about "beauty" or quoting song lyrics which he did a few times. The area is a poor choice for body disposal. The same goes for Brush creek, where the other photo was taken. Even though you can find plenty of road access and creepy underpasses, there are cameras everywhere, lights and likely foot traffic. If this area is sentimental to him regarding Kara (or Jessica) my guess would be because it is a placed he liked to go to walk and hang out.
I feel like that area is too public for him or not convenient enough, especially with the Blue River and greenway between anywhere he would have been and there. His FB was locked down for a period of time so we can assume LE took a good look at it.

The most fascinating thing about his Facebook, IMO, is the fact that JM is his purported longtime friend, yet he never liked, commented or shared anything with Kylr. You'd think there would be some interaction, especially when your buddy just got out of prison and has a new FB and new start. But Kylr only ever tags and interacts with Jessica.

I'd like to know when Jessica got her moon tattoo and where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member