MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about Jessica when I saw this case. So far has Kylr only been charged with arson? I think kidnapping charges (at least) will be added soon.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/1...oxnews/national+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)

I think Texas has precedent now - Typhenie's brother all but saw the perp putting her in the trunk and evidence was left. I agree that they could charge Kylr with kidnapping as easily as they charged Enrique Arochi - and that was even before they had DNA results back. So let's compare Jessica with Christina Morris:

1. Video surveillance proving the perp was with her before she disappeared. / - we only have witness testimony that she left with Kylr.
2. Cell phone pings placing Christina with the perp up to the point her phone is shut off - / we don't actually know where pings hit because LE is not revealing this info to the public, but we do know Jessica's phone was "shut off" before 2am.
3. Evidence in the car - X - we have Jessica's car burned and apparently evidence connecting Kylr to doing it. We don't know if there is DNA evidence. If there is, more charges will come.
4. suspicious perp behavior - X like Enrique, Kylr took steps to destroy evidence, lied about injuries to coworkers and avoided contact. Unlike Enrique, he took extra steps to avoid persecution and actually fled town, broke into a trailer to hide out.

The most damning evidence in CM's case, according to jurors, was the DNA in the trunk and Enrique's behavior in the hours after (cleaning the trunk on camera). Evidence was collected from Kylr and his house - if that shirt was Jessica's, if there is CCTV of him at a gas station, there is enough for a kidnapping charge IMO.

I am curious how the family and LE are choosing search areas. I don't think checking the sides of roads you can drive down is the right approach - Kylr didn't just dump her in some convenient place, that much I am sure of.

Sorry, late on the subject, but regarding whether she is in the car when it burned.

I've been unfortunate in a previous job to have been on scene several times when bodies have been in cars. Some nearly burnt to the ground. In all cases it was clearly obvious that there was a body in it.

Also, I suspect that if JR were in the car, the charges against KY would be a lot different.

Sorry, late on the subject, but regarding whether she is in the car when it burned. I've been unfortunate in a previous job to have been on scene several times when bodies have been in cars. Some nearly burnt to the ground. In all cases it was clearly obvious that there was a body in it. Also, I suspect that if JR were in the car, the charges against KY would be a lot different.
Right, I don't think she was in the car either when it was burned. I really at this point think that he killed her directly after the party and put her somewhere in the hours right after but before 2 am when he started texting around to see if someone wanted to hang out with him, looking for an alibi. I think the car was destroyed mainly because he was scared to keep driving it around and knew that he had to get rid of it somehow.

I no longer think he walked away from that scene. I believe he had an accomplice or someone who came to get him, and that person called it in after the fact. I believe that is a big reason the case is sealed.

I think Texas has precedent now - Typhenie's brother all but saw the perp putting her in the trunk and evidence was left. I agree that they could charge Kylr with kidnapping as easily as they charged Enrique Arochi - and that was even before they had DNA results back. So let's compare Jessica with Christina Morris: 1. Video surveillance proving the perp was with her before she disappeared. / - we only have witness testimony that she left with Kylr. 2. Cell phone pings placing Christina with the perp up to the point her phone is shut off - / we don't actually know where pings hit because LE is not revealing this info to the public, but we do know Jessica's phone was "shut off" before 2am. 3. Evidence in the car - X - we have Jessica's car burned and apparently evidence connecting Kylr to doing it. We don't know if there is DNA evidence. If there is, more charges will come. 4. suspicious perp behavior - X like Enrique, Kylr took steps to destroy evidence, lied about injuries to coworkers and avoided contact. Unlike Enrique, he took extra steps to avoid persecution and actually fled town, broke into a trailer to hide out. The most damning evidence in CM's case, according to jurors, was the DNA in the trunk and Enrique's behavior in the hours after (cleaning the trunk on camera). Evidence was collected from Kylr and his house - if that shirt was Jessica's, if there is CCTV of him at a gas station, there is enough for a kidnapping charge IMO. I am curious how the family and LE are choosing search areas. I don't think checking the sides of roads you can drive down is the right approach - Kylr didn't just dump her in some convenient place, that much I am sure of.
I followed the Christina Morris case a little and it does sound very similar to this one, she went missing August 30 2014 and Enrique Arochi wasn’t arrested and charged with kidnapping until December that year. LE also seem to have quite a bit of DNA evidence in that case, which is one of several things lacking in JR’s case. It’s possible if LE doesn’t find more evidence in the next couple months that KY could be charged with kidnapping as well. Missouri kidnapping laws can be found here for anyone interested: http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/56500001101.html Sentencing laws can be found here: http://www.mosac.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=45441 If they could prove kidnapping in the first degree, which is a class a felony, he could be sentenced with 10 to 30 years or life. As for JR car…I think that all evidence right now is circumstantial, except a couple things I have been thinking about. If you notice in KY’s mug shot, his face is burned but it also appears that his hair, including eyelashes and brows, were singed. I’m wondering if there wasn’t trace hair evidence collected at the scene of the crime that directly placed him there. Most of it would have been destroyed in the fire, but if LE searched hard enough, they may have been able to find something. Also LE was looking for red men’s shoes in their search warrant, it’s possible they were trying to match shoeprints at the scene. Just a thought.

Also, glad to see things picking up here again after a bit of a lull. I worry that people will abandon this case due to lack of information. Thanks to all who continue to contribute and join in with ideas. :tyou:

I haven't been on in awhile. I've been reading everyone's comments & ideas though. I just got consumed by this case I think. I don't mean like mental breakdown consumed, but I was getting so frustrated because nothing has been found, LE is remaining tight lipped which is understandable & I'd find myself thinking over & over, "where is she? what did he do with her? why hasn't ANYTHING been found?" So I needed a little breather ha. I know a lot of people don't think he'd put JR & KK near each other for fear of him being exposed in KK's case, but I think it makes sense. It's been almost 10 years since KK went missing & nothing so I think it's possible that he thought to himself that things worked out so well for him with KK, why fix something that isn't broken? I hope that all made sense. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I followed the Christina Morris case a little and it does sound very similar to this one, she went missing August 30 2014 and Enrique Arochi wasn’t arrested and charged with kidnapping until December that year. LE also seem to have quite a bit of DNA evidence in that case, which is one of several things lacking in JR’s case. It’s possible if LE doesn’t find more evidence in the next couple months that KY could be charged with kidnapping as well. Missouri kidnapping laws can be found here for anyone interested: http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/56500001101.html Sentencing laws can be found here: http://www.mosac.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=45441 If they could prove kidnapping in the first degree, which is a class a felony, he could be sentenced with 10 to 30 years or life. As for JR car…I think that all evidence right now is circumstantial, except a couple things I have been thinking about. If you notice in KY’s mug shot, his face is burned but it also appears that his hair, including eyelashes and brows, were singed. I’m wondering if there wasn’t trace hair evidence collected at the scene of the crime that directly placed him there. Most of it would have been destroyed in the fire, but if LE searched hard enough, they may have been able to find something. Also LE was looking for red men’s shoes in their search warrant, it’s possible they were trying to match shoeprints at the scene. Just a thought.

I wonder if the red men's shoes was a typo though, JR was thought to be wearing red or burgundy sneakers.

Other than the obvious link between the burned car, KY's physical appearance and everything else we know pointing to him, I honestly believe they have a witness or other evidence connecting him to the car burning. In his recent FB pics he had a bit of a beard and sideburns which were gone - someone else pointed it out in thread #1 that his skin is lighter where the beard would have been, making it look like it was singed off. I think KY probably shaved and cut the singed ends off his hair. At any rate, it will be easy for LE to get a jury to convict him on arson or destruction of evidence, even if it seems circumstantial:

1. He was the last person known to be with JR
2. They left in her car
3. Her phone was turned off, destroyed or the battery removed that night
4. Her social media and all contact ceased
5. KY showed up to work the next morning with scratches etc and dismissed them when asked by coworkers what happened
5. Grandpa sees JRs car in the driveway the next day (Friday) sometime before 3pm, but not her. He sees KY that same morning/afternoon for the last time.
6. KY goes to Edwards, breaks into a trailer and essentially hides out. No known contact from him to friends or family after Saturday afternoon.
7. Car is found Saturday morning 2AM
8. KY is arrested in Edwards and found to have flash burns on his hands and face, scratches, a bruised ear (you can see this in his mug shot)

Just based on this alone, they have a strong case for this particular charge. I am hoping some of our sleuthers with law experience/backgrounds get interested in this case and can provide some insight.

Then there is witness testimony about his demeanor. http://www.kmbc.com/article/witness...rent-at-party-where-woman-disappeared/3859725

That will be important if charges directly related to JR are brought. I remember someone saying back in Kara's case, who lived with him for awhile, how he would get crazy when he was drinking, and had an explosive temper. And like with Kara, KY had cuts and scratches on his arms he tried to explain away as something else (didn't he try to say he attempted suicide and Kara was there? I always thought that quote was weird - THEN WHAT KY? She took off for Mexico?)

I no longer think he walked away from that scene. I believe he had an accomplice or someone who came to get him, and that person called it in after the fact. I believe that is a big reason the case is sealed.

Exactly Vail getting from here to there and there to here he was with someone else there is no doubt in my mind.

Thank you for keeping your mind open and alive for also applaud you on the comment the other night in regards to JR .. Pretty Awesome!

Oh yeah, let's not forget BnE charges! [video=youtube;i4YbBCdLPVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4YbBCdLPVM[/video]

I wonder if the red men's shoes was a typo though, JR was thought to be wearing red or burgundy sneakers. Other than the obvious link between the burned car, KY's physical appearance and everything else we know pointing to him, I honestly believe they have a witness or other evidence connecting him to the car burning. In his recent FB pics he had a bit of a beard and sideburns which were gone - someone else pointed it out in thread #1 that his skin is lighter where the beard would have been, making it look like it was singed off. I think KY probably shaved and cut the singed ends off his hair. At any rate, it will be easy for LE to get a jury to convict him on arson or destruction of evidence, even if it seems circumstantial: 1. He was the last person known to be with JR 2. They left in her car 3. Her phone was turned off, destroyed or the battery removed that night 4. Her social media and all contact ceased 5. KY showed up to work the next morning with scratches etc and dismissed them when asked by coworkers what happened 5. Grandpa sees JRs car in the driveway the next day (Friday) sometime before 3pm, but not her. He sees KY that same morning/afternoon for the last time. 6. KY goes to Edwards, breaks into a trailer and essentially hides out. No known contact from him to friends or family after Saturday afternoon. 7. Car is found Saturday morning 2AM 8. KY is arrested in Edwards and found to have flash burns on his hands and face, scratches, a bruised ear (you can see this in his mug shot) Just based on this alone, they have a strong case for this particular charge. I am hoping some of our sleuthers with law experience/backgrounds get interested in this case and can provide some insight. Then there is witness testimony about his demeanor. http://www.kmbc.com/article/witness...rent-at-party-where-woman-disappeared/3859725 That will be important if charges directly related to JR are brought. I remember someone saying back in Kara's case, who lived with him for awhile, how he would get crazy when he was drinking, and had an explosive temper. And like with Kara, KY had cuts and scratches on his arms he tried to explain away as something else (didn't he try to say he attempted suicide and Kara was there? I always thought that quote was weird - THEN WHAT KY? She took off for Mexico?)
Yes, all of that is very important. Thanks for listing everything out like you did. I don't know about a typo, both women's burgundy shoes and the men's shoes were listed. Whatever shoes he wore, if LE had footprints at the scene, they could be matched. I don't think prosecutors will have a difficult time at all getting a conviction on the burning charges. But it will be more difficult to convict him of murder/kidnapping/etc if they don't have a body. And then if they do find a body I worry because of what the weather has been like in the KC area lately - unseasonably warm and spring-like thunderstorms - the potential for evidence destruction due to the weather alone exists. Juries also always make me a little nervous just because you never know what they're going to do (i.e. Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias, etc.) The case seems so clear cut to us, but we also have access to information and witness testimony that existed on him prior to this case, and even from this, that will be precluded from trial (strangling the ex, killing the kittens, etc, etc, etc). Our psychological/criminal profile is very different than the one jurors will see. And unless he testifies on the stand, it's unlikely a judge will allow prosecutors to bring up his previous convictions. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...dmissible-against-defendants-who-testify.html He does still have so many things going against him. The more I think about all he's done, the more likely I think it might be that there will be a venue change. Not for the burning, but if any charges are made regarding JR directly. I also always thought his remarks about the cuts on his arms regarding Kara were very weird. There's a video of him somewhere, he was talking about the lie detector test or something and was asked about those marks. He said something like he wanted to kill himself in the bathroom so he made her leave the room. Wonder how he'll explain away the burns and scratches on his face. Ask the prosecutor what happened to HIS face? What a mess this guy is. :facepalm:

Websleuths,

Jessica's family appreciates the time you take out of your day to post ideas here. I just registered, but I've been following along since day 1 and have found many of your observations very insightful. However, i feel like there are so many people with so many ideas and all on different levels that we're not all seeing the forest through the trees. The NUMBER ONE priority at this point in time is finding Jessica. Not only so that justice may be brought against whoever is responsible for her disappearance, but so that her family can be reunited with their loved one, no matter what that means going forward.
That being said, I would like to summarize what i think are safe assumptions, and important to know, from what little information we have and use this information to choose possible search locations.
1. Jessica was last seen with KY by more than one witness account.
1.5 Jessica would never abandon her life. She was responsible and cared deeply for her loved ones.
2. KY has a history of substance abuse that causes violent outbursts (court documented)
3. KY is from (GPA's house) and has "friends" in the South KC metro (party-goers)
4. He is familiar with abandoned areas (location of the car & trailer he was hiding out in)
5. LE are asking for trail camera footage from the Raymore/Belton area
6. He was seen/heard from in KC area during the early morning & day on friday (went to work/text some girls)
7. Since he gave himself a flash burn, the car disposal seems an afterthought that he rushed through in his hurry to get out of town.
8. Given the distance between the three known locations on the timeline and the hideout, it's obvious he had to have had transport from someone else.

points 5, 6 and 7 lead me to believe that he did not have a large window of time to make Jessica disappear, and LE are refocusing on Belton/Raymore so they must have suspicions that KY/Jessica could not have gone much further than this. That being said, i think Edwards was just a fleeing point and is not likely Jessica's location. Plus it would be pretty dumb to hide her on the same property you are hiding on. I don't think he forms those kind of attachments, judging by his behavior towards women.
The criminal profile you've all established on KY is important and i think could be very helpful in getting ideas for places he might have taken her.

Please attach a map or address that you think would be a good place to search and why.

Locals are especially helpful! If you are in the KC area, please search your own property and ask your neighbors if you can search theirs too. Look in low lying areas, abandoned buildings of any kind, down wells, anywhere and everywhere! If you own a large property and are unable to search it, please invite someone you trust to do so. If you find ANYTHING please leave the scene immediately, contact KCPD and wait for them to arrive.

The family would love to know where you have searched so they can mark that down. the searchers are many and very widespread which we're incredibly thankful for - unfortunately, time is wasted when the same place is searched twice. Feel free to private message me here so i can pass it on.

Websleuths, Jessica's family appreciates the time you take out of your day to post ideas here. I just registered, but I've been following along since day 1 and have found many of your observations very insightful. However, i feel like there are so many people with so many ideas and all on different levels that we're not all seeing the forest through the trees. The NUMBER ONE priority at this point in time is finding Jessica. Not only so that justice may be brought against whoever is responsible for her disappearance, but so that her family can be reunited with their loved one, no matter what that means going forward. That being said, I would like to summarize what i think are safe assumptions, and important to know, from what little information we have and use this information to choose possible search locations. 1. Jessica was last seen with KY by more than one witness account. 1.5 Jessica would never abandon her life. She was responsible and cared deeply for her loved ones. 2. KY has a history of substance abuse that causes violent outbursts (court documented) 3. KY is from (GPA's house) and has "friends" in the South KC metro (party-goers) 4. He is familiar with abandoned areas (location of the car & trailer he was hiding out in) 5. LE are asking for trail camera footage from the Raymore/Belton area 6. He was seen/heard from in KC area during the early morning & day on friday (went to work/text some girls) 7. Since he gave himself a flash burn, the car disposal seems an afterthought that he rushed through in his hurry to get out of town. 8. Given the distance between the three known locations on the timeline and the hideout, it's obvious he had to have had transport from someone else. points 5, 6 and 7 lead me to believe that he did not have a large window of time to make Jessica disappear, and LE are refocusing on Belton/Raymore so they must have suspicions that KY/Jessica could not have gone much further than this. That being said, i think Edwards was just a fleeing point and is not likely Jessica's location. Plus it would be pretty dumb to hide her on the same property you are hiding on. I don't think he forms those kind of attachments, judging by his behavior towards women. The criminal profile you've all established on KY is important and i think could be very helpful in getting ideas for places he might have taken her. Please attach a map or address that you think would be a good place to search and why. Locals are especially helpful! If you are in the KC area, please search your own property and ask your neighbors if you can search theirs too. Look in low lying areas, abandoned buildings of any kind, down wells, anywhere and everywhere! If you own a large property and are unable to search it, please invite someone you trust to do so. If you find ANYTHING please leave the scene immediately, contact KCPD and wait for them to arrive. The family would love to know where you have searched so they can mark that down. the searchers are many and very widespread which we're incredibly thankful for - unfortunately, time is wasted when the same place is searched twice. Feel free to private message me here so i can pass it on.
Thank you for joining in here and adding your thoughts! I agree with all of this. We don’t have a lot of facts but we do have a lot of ideas, and yes sometimes probably do get lost in the weeds a little bit due to the lack of factual information :) We want answers and justice for Jessica so we just start grasping at straws trying to find any clue we can. I've never really thought that Jessica was as far as Edwards. The burning of the car does seem like too much of an afterthought, like KY got nervous and needed to get rid of it somehow. I think Jessica is closer to the KC area, somewhere between the party, burn site and KY's grandfather's home. This map pinpoints all three, and I posted another one a few pages back that pinpointed a few places about halfway between the party and burn site that has helped me see where they may have gone after the party https://goo.gl/maps/oaX8kQLU2dt I've been wondering if Longview Lake has been searched at all. I don't know why but it's been on my mind regarding this case from the beginning, and only realized how close it was to the party location after mapping it all out. It wouldn't have taken more than ten, fifteen minutes to get there after leaving the party, and I think that maybe certain areas of it were closed for the season by that time (the swim beach, for instance). If KY were to leave her in one of those areas, I'm assuming he wouldn't be running a big risk of someone finding her though I don't know how well those areas are maintained in the off season. That's probably not helpful to you at all, but just an idea, mostly rambling. Thanks again for chiming in, your input is appreciated :welcome:

Websleuths,

Jessica's family appreciates the time you take out of your day to post ideas here. I just registered, but I've been following along since day 1 and have found many of your observations very insightful. However, i feel like there are so many people with so many ideas and all on different levels that we're not all seeing the forest through the trees. The NUMBER ONE priority at this point in time is finding Jessica. Not only so that justice may be brought against whoever is responsible for her disappearance, but so that her family can be reunited with their loved one, no matter what that means going forward.
That being said, I would like to summarize what i think are safe assumptions, and important to know, from what little information we have and use this information to choose possible search locations.
1.5 Jessica would never abandon her life. She was responsible and cared deeply for her loved ones.
2. KY has a history of substance abuse that causes violent outbursts (court documented)
3. KY is from (GPA's house) and has "friends" in the South KC metro (party-goers)
4. He is familiar with abandoned areas (location of the car & trailer he was hiding out in)
6. He was seen/heard from in KC area during the early morning & day on friday (went to work/text some girls)
7. Since he gave himself a flash burn, the car disposal seems an afterthought that he rushed through in his hurry to get out of town.
8. Given the distance between the three known locations on the timeline and the hideout, it's obvious he had to have had transport from someone else.

points 5, 6 and 7 lead me to believe that he did not have a large window of time to make Jessica disappear, and LE are refocusing on Belton/Raymore so they must have suspicions that KY/Jessica could not have gone much further than this. That being said, i think Edwards was just a fleeing point and is not likely Jessica's location. Plus it would be pretty dumb to hide her on the same property you are hiding on. I don't think he forms those kind of attachments, judging by his behavior towards women.
The criminal profile you've all established on KY is important and i think could be very helpful in getting ideas for places he might have taken her.

Please attach a map or address that you think would be a good place to search and why.

Locals are especially helpful! If you are in the KC area, please search your own property and ask your neighbors if you can search theirs too. Look in low lying areas, abandoned buildings of any kind, down wells, anywhere and everywhere! If you own a large property and are unable to search it, please invite someone you trust to do so. If you find ANYTHING please leave the scene immediately, contact KCPD and wait for them to arrive.

The family would love to know where you have searched so they can mark that down. the searchers are many and very widespread which we're incredibly thankful for - unfortunately, time is wasted when the same place is searched twice. Feel free to private message me here so i can pass it on.

Thank You for coming .... Thoughts and prayers are with yall. The known search areas we have are limited if you could provide the areas already searched they can be added to the map skibaboo created to narrow diwn areas of possibilities.

May help with websleuthers to come up with potential areas to search further ... There are some very smart cookies on this thread.

Again thank you ... Prayers

Snipped for clarity.

I'm not local, in fact I'm from Europe. But just by looking at the map only, this wooded area in the center of this map is interesting IMO. It's on the path between Belton and Grandview and looks kind of secluded. What's the brown pond-like thing in the middle? Do any of you locals know what's in this area? See a lot of tire tracks there too.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8491692,-94.53653,1500m/data=!3m1!1e3

Websleuths,

I'm in Texas so not familiar with territory. Since many of us follow other crime stories here on Websleuths, perhaps listing where previous victims have been found may trigger more ideas of areas to search if Jessica did unfortunately fall victim.

Under a bridge
In a park
Abandoned house
Shed
In a culvert
In a ditch
At a lake
At a roadside park
Bottom of old mine
Abandoned oil wells
Landfill/old dumping spot
Buried in a field
Creek/river

Maybe others can add to that. I would also say follow the least popular routes because guys drinking and/or substance abuse really tend to follow old country oil top back roads to avoid the law.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Right, I don't think she was in the car either when it was burned. I really at this point think that he killed her directly after the party and put her somewhere in the hours right after but before 2 am when he started texting around to see if someone wanted to hang out with him, looking for an alibi. I think the car was destroyed mainly because he was scared to keep driving it around and knew that he had to get rid of it somehow.
I agree with you on this one. My gut also feels whatever happened was between leaving party and 2 am with him texting someone else. I think they might have gone to grandpa's to take KY home and whatever happened enroute or at grandpas. Usually 5-10 mile radius of disposal and very familiar territory to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members