MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for clarity. I'm not local, in fact I'm from Europe. But just by looking at the map only, this wooded area in the center of this map is interesting IMO. It's on the path between Belton and Grandview and looks kind of secluded. What's the brown pond-like thing in the middle? Do any of you locals know what's in this area? See a lot of tire tracks there too. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8491692,-94.53653,1500m/data=!3m1!1e3
This is an interesting place. I probably can't add much good info for you though. The turn off area to get back into the little pond looking area at Arnold Ave has a lot of debris, almost like there used to be another structure standing in the area. There are hundreds of tire tracks if you zoom all the way in, but not just in straight paths. Maybe that land is a place people take ATVs? I'm not sure, but there's also lots of businesses surrounding the area, a Marie Corps recruiting office and BTM Manufacturing to the left of the screen, Adesa KC Auto Auction at the bottom, and Walmart and True Value Hardware Distribution Centers to the top. Also, Scope Creek runs right through the area. The road looking line that goes straight behind the True Value is an old rail road, part of Smoky Hill Kansas City Southern. Not sure what the brown pond is, but the other darker looking one closer to Arnold Ave appears to run off the creek. I looked up the area on the water resources page of USGS and it doesn't name any of the water, but it does show a well near scope creek. I can't get it to link the exact map though, just search for Scope Creek, Missouri if you want to look around yourself, then you can select the water sites you want it to flag for you http://maps.waterdata.usgs.gov/mapper/index.html But all the trees, and apparent relative seclusion despite businesses, there may be lots of potential here if KY knew the area.

Hello searchkc! Welcome to websleuths! I was wondering if there is a place near his Gpas house that used to be a park and a creek that's pretty long? And if there is, has it been searched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Texas so not familiar with territory. Since many of us follow other crime stories here on Websleuths, perhaps listing where previous victims have been found may trigger more ideas of areas to search if Jessica did unfortunately fall victim. Under a bridge In a park Abandoned house Shed In a culvert In a ditch At a lake At a roadside park Bottom of old mine Abandoned oil wells Landfill/old dumping spot Buried in a field Creek/river Maybe others can add to that. I would also say follow the least popular routes because guys drinking and/or substance abuse really tend to follow old country oil top back roads to avoid the law. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Good thinking! Off the top of my head, I'd add abandoned water wells. Also, caves. Missouri is known as the cave state as it has over 6000. The closest I can think of to the area this case is happening off the top of my head would be Cave Spring in KCMO. It is very close to the grandfather's house. https://goo.gl/maps/NXmsBkHRYD82

Longview lake is more traveled than it looks. Some areas have been searched, but it is actually pretty widely used recrationally so we have not focused a lot of time there. We're helpless as far as the water goes though. It's local legend that it's a popular dump site but I don't know how much truth there is to that. Same with little blue river.

Good eye! That area has been searched more than once as far in as a car could have been driven or KY could have hypothetically carried Jessica.

Longview lake is more traveled than it looks. Some areas have been searched, but it is actually pretty widely used recrationally so we have not focused a lot of time there. We're helpless as far as the water goes though. It's local legend that it's a popular dump site but I don't know how much truth there is to that. Same with little blue river.
I know it is very traveled, I have family in the area who seem to think being on the lake is the end all and be all of life. I'm in the Leavenworth area though, so more familiar with Clinton and Perry lakes. I've heard those legends as well, and searching online seems to show there is some truth to them. There's a list a few posts up that was added last night by roadrunnermt, it has some good suggestions considering criminal history and geography. I wonder also if Brush Creek has been searched at all.

Yes, the area near GPA's house has been searched.

Thank you so much for coming here! We have so little to go on, so trying to get into KY's head is often the best we can do. Has LE given you any cell phone ping information for him that night? He allegedly made a call around 2AM - it seems like that would narrow down the search zone a bit. Is this suspected accomplice still at large? I agree with a few others here that this all went down Friday morning in the wee hours - it is already insane enough that he drove her car home and left it in the driveway all morning, I can't believe he would do that with a body in it. So as you say, there is a very tiny window of opportunity. Scout has some amazing ideas - the cave near Mt. Olive especially - the cemetery itself drew me early on as it is close to grandpas. Jaxon is probably your best asset as he knew both KY and Jessica best and could brainstorm where she may have driven with him in these circumstances, or where he may have gone.

When you say the area near grandpas was searched, did this include cadaver dogs in the creek area just south of E 87th St. and Military Club Rd, as well as the area just north of where 87th drops south? There is a turn off up there into a scrubby area with what looks like a deep culvert. The other area that gives me pause is the Kernoodle Lakes area just north of the party, specifically those retention ponds. My heart goes out to you folks - there is an overwhelming amount of search area in Blue River Road parks area alone - I truly hope you can get some water support soon. The area of Longview Lake that interests me isn't the lake so much as it is the leaf drop off just north on old Raytown Road. It is so easy for us to see great locations using a map, but then we need to consider KYs awarenesss space and how things look from the ground. If it seems impossible to you that a body was carried into a specific area, he probably didn't go there, especially if nothing about the spot looks disturbed. I also think she could be in a container, so please consider that as hard as it may be (meaning plastic bags). Please do keep us updated as we brainstorm some more, and forgive our periodic forays into KY's past or mind - I don't think I speak only for myself when I say this case is consuming and we want Jessica found and justice for everyone he has harmed.

Has LE given you any cell phone ping information for him that night? He allegedly made a call around 2AM - it seems like that would narrow down the search zone a bit. Is this suspected accomplice still at large? ... Scout has some amazing ideas - the cave near Mt. Olive especially - the cemetery itself drew me early on as it is close to grandpas. Jaxon is probably your best asset as he knew both KY and Jessica best and could brainstorm where she may have driven with him in these circumstances, or where he may have gone.

When you say the area near grandpas was searched, did this include cadaver dogs in the creek area just south of E 87th St. and Military Club Rd, as well as the area just north of where 87th drops south? There is a turn off up there into a scrubby area with what looks like a deep culvert. The other area that gives me pause is the Kernoodle Lakes area just north of the party, specifically those retention ponds...

Snipped for clarity.

I don't have specific details regarding your questions about cell phone pings and an accomplice, but I'm glad you agree based on what we do know that he had a relatively small window of time.
We will be looking into the Cave Springs park suggestion!
Jaxon has cooperated with LE.
The only areas searched by cadaver dogs are the ones that the police have searched. I'm not sure if they did so near GPA'S house.
I will look into your suggestions.
THANK YOU!!

The area of the retention ponds south of military club road have been searched. The wooded area around Kernoodle lake is very very steep and rough terrain. A good portion of it is private property. There are very few places he could have pulled into and carried Jessica. All along Martha Truman rd. Has been searched.

Please consider expanding your ideas up to 30 min - 1 hour away from the main search locations near the car and the grandfather's house. Belton has been hit pretty hard but raymore is also an area of interest we're moving to.

Believe me, it's very overwhelming to be covering this much ground. We appreciate all the help we can get.

Believe Cave Springs is an interesting area, their are several ruins some of KY's photos are of a woody area with chimney ruins.
Could be of interest or maybe to populated of a park with plenty of visitors.

The area of the retention ponds south of military club road have been searched. The wooded area around Kernoodle lake is very very steep and rough terrain. A good portion of it is private property. There are very few places he could have pulled into and carried Jessica. All along Martha Truman rd. Has been searched. Please consider expanding your ideas up to 30 min - 1 hour away from the main search locations near the car and the grandfather's house. Belton has been hit pretty hard but raymore is also an area of interest we're moving to. Believe me, it's very overwhelming to be covering this much ground. We appreciate all the help we can get.
I understand it has to be overwhelming. I look at various maps online and Google Earth just trying to figure out places and seeing what a vast area KY had to potentially work with is overwhelming at times. Just when I think you think you see a place with some potential on the map, you zoom out to see ten or twelve others. What a nightmare. I can't imagine trying to canvass all of that on foot with limited resources. Also just a suggestion, we were discussing this here several pages back and I'm sure you've seen it, but do you know if Texas EquuSearch has been considered for use by the family? Possibly they could help and add extra resources to the search process. http://www.texasequusearch.org/about/how-when-and-why-we-search/

I understand it has to be overwhelming. I look at various maps online and Google Earth just trying to figure out places and seeing what a vast area KY had to potentially work with is overwhelming at times. Just when I think you think you see a place with some potential on the map, you zoom out to see ten or twelve others. What a nightmare. I can't imagine trying to canvass all of that on foot with limited resources. Also just a suggestion, we were discussing this here several pages back and I'm sure you've seen it, but do you know if Texas EquuSearch has been considered for use by the family? Possibly they could help and add extra resources to the search process. http://www.texasequusearch.org/about/how-when-and-why-we-search/

Texas Eq. Are superb, my friend had been missing for nearly 30 days many foot searches in heavily wooded areas were completed by volunteers
equusearch came in and found her within 1 hour, it would be well worth comtacting.

Yes, i did see this. We cannot pursue this at this time due to the case being sealed and the lack of a specific area to cover.

The area of the retention ponds south of military club road have been searched. The wooded area around Kernoodle lake is very very steep and rough terrain. A good portion of it is private property. There are very few places he could have pulled into and carried Jessica. All along Martha Truman rd. Has been searched.

Please consider expanding your ideas up to 30 min - 1 hour away from the main search locations near the car and the grandfather's house. Belton has been hit pretty hard but raymore is also an area of interest we're moving to.

Believe me, it's very overwhelming to be covering this much ground. We appreciate all the help we can get.

I have been at a few of the Sunday searches and we searched all through the Kernoodle Lake area on one of them. Freshly mowed paths around most of it, almost as if law enforcement had been there too.

Yes, i did see this. We cannot pursue this at this time due to the case being sealed and the lack of a specific area to cover.
Well, darn. Sorry about that. I can completely understand the rationale though. Feels like there's a road block at every turn with this case :banghead:

Thank you so much for coming here! We have so little to go on, so trying to get into KY's head is often the best we can do. Has LE given you any cell phone ping information for him that night? He allegedly made a call around 2AM - it seems like that would narrow down the search zone a bit. Is this suspected accomplice still at large? I agree with a few others here that this all went down Friday morning in the wee hours - it is already insane enough that he drove her car home and left it in the driveway all morning, I can't believe he would do that with a body in it. So as you say, there is a very tiny window of opportunity. Scout has some amazing ideas - the cave near Mt. Olive especially - the cemetery itself drew me early on as it is close to grandpas. Jaxon is probably your best asset as he knew both KY and Jessica best and could brainstorm where she may have driven with him in these circumstances, or where he may have gone. When you say the area near grandpas was searched, did this include cadaver dogs in the creek area just south of E 87th St. and Military Club Rd, as well as the area just north of where 87th drops south? There is a turn off up there into a scrubby area with what looks like a deep culvert. The other area that gives me pause is the Kernoodle Lakes area just north of the party, specifically those retention ponds. My heart goes out to you folks - there is an overwhelming amount of search area in Blue River Road parks area alone - I truly hope you can get some water support soon. The area of Longview Lake that interests me isn't the lake so much as it is the leaf drop off just north on old Raytown Road. It is so easy for us to see great locations using a map, but then we need to consider KYs awarenesss space and how things look from the ground. If it seems impossible to you that a body was carried into a specific area, he probably didn't go there, especially if nothing about the spot looks disturbed. I also think she could be in a container, so please consider that as hard as it may be (meaning plastic bags). Please do keep us updated as we brainstorm some more, and forgive our periodic forays into KY's past or mind - I don't think I speak only for myself when I say this case is consuming and we want Jessica found and justice for everyone he has harmed.
Thank you - though I feel like I'm mostly just grasping at straws, throwing whatever I find out there and hoping something will lead us somewhere. Seeing the forest for the trees is a little difficult with this case. :) This is as you said consuming, I can't remember the last time I felt so invested in case. Maybe not since Caylee Anthony. The more I look at pictures of that cave area, the more it interests me, and I'm drawn to the cemetery area you have mentioned as well. Both look pretty easily accessible. It looks like it wouldn't take much to get back into the park/cave area very late after dark without anyone noticing. I didn't realize until looking closer today that it's actually at William Klein nature park, it has camping areas, a pond and trails, and wooded areas with historic ruins and the cave on site with tours. That may have been something that would have turned KY off from that area, because it is set up for the public and open year round. The chimney areas in particular draw my eye, but maybe just because of the historical aspect. I'd still say that given it's proximity to where KY was living, it needs to be searched. http://cavespringpark.com/current-river-cavern/ http://cavespring.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member