MO MO - John Dudding, 58, missing from home, not seen for about a week, Texas Co., 29 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
329202090_935653107429449_660623911930663932_n.jpg

A search began Sunday night for a missing southern Texas County man who has not been seen for about a week.

The man is John Dudding, 58.

Among the agencies assisting are the Texas County Sheriff’s Department, Clear Springs Fire Department and Houston Rural Fire Department.

A grid search began Monday morning after search dogs were called to Varvel Road the previous evening. It is situated south of Highway U.

Dudding was last known to be at his residence on Varvel Road in Southeastern Texas County. If anyone has had recent contact with Dudding, they are asked to contact Texas County dispatch at 417-967-5997.

Note: Texas County is in Missouri.

A search Thursday in southeast Texas County failed to find a man missing since Jan. 28, authorities said.

John Dudding, 58, disappeared and searches of his property south of Highway U have failed to find him.

A group of people — including representatives of the Texas County Sheriff’s Department, Cabool Fire Department, Mountain Grove Fire Department, Houston Fire Department and Clear Springs Fire Department — gathered on Varvel Road.

March 21, 2023 article - sounds like odd circumstances

[…]

Blaise said when a family friend went to check on John, they discovered his truck door wide open and a shower running inside. However, no one was there.

“He has a special backpack he takes with him absolutely everywhere that just has a set of clothes in there, just in case he decides to stay the night somewhere else,” Blaise explained. “That was still there with all those clothes.”

[…]

Added to Namus.

The subject was found missing after no usual contact. Found upon arrival at his residence it was set on fire and all usual belongs that he would have taken with him was still in the residence including his cell phone and wallet.

Found upon arrival at his residence it was set on fire

<snipped to ask about this part>

It seems strange to me that the Namus description says "his residence was set on fire" while an article upthread says there was "a shower running inside". I don't know why that strikes me - I guess I'm just thinking if someone wanted to burn the house down, they might turn off the shower first?

I noticed on his FB it looks like he's shoeing a horse. If he's a farrier I want to mention that all the farriers I've known have been animal lovers, hardworkers, salt of the earth types. I hope this new interest in his case brings some results - over a year missing is way too long for his family and loved ones to suffer.

John “JP” Dudding was reported gone from his residence on Varvel Road in southeastern Texas County. The disappearance of Dudding remains an active investigation, the Texas County Sheriff’s Department said.

Persons who have any information about this case can contact the office these ways: dispatch at 417-967-4165 (option 1), sheriff@texascountymissouri.gov or messenger.

Here is the earlier story following his disappearance last year:

A search Thursday in southeast Texas County failed to find a man missing , authorities said.

John Dudding, 58, disappeared and searches of his property south of Highway U have failed to find him.

A group of people — including representatives of the Texas County Sheriff’s Department, Cabool Fire Department, Mountain Grove Fire Department, Houston Fire Department and Clear Springs Fire Department — gathered on Varvel Road.

Feb 6, 2024 article

[…]

“A lot of times when we’re looking for a missing person, we’re looking for a vehicle description or we’re trying to track electronic means and stuff like that,” Lindsey said. “In this case, all of his personal items were there at the residence. It’s just a very rural area where Mr. Dunning went missing from so there’s some tools that aren’t available.”

[…]

<snipped to ask about this part>

It seems strange to me that the Namus description says "his residence was set on fire" while an article upthread says there was "a shower running inside". I don't know why that strikes me - I guess I'm just thinking if someone wanted to burn the house down, they might turn off the shower first?

I noticed on his FB it looks like he's shoeing a horse. If he's a farrier I want to mention that all the farriers I've known have been animal lovers, hardworkers, salt of the earth types. I hope this new interest in his case brings some results - over a year missing is way too long for his family and loved ones to suffer.
I noticed that same discrepancy. How odd that the friend commented on the shower running, but did not say anything about the house being on fire.

Feb 6, 2024 article - may contain a bit more information.

[…]

”His truck, the driver’s side door was open. When I got up to the house, the door was closed, and the entire front door had a window, and it was covered in soot. So when I opened the door, the shower was actually running,” said Duddling.

[…]

”There was a small fire that happened within the house. The house was also quite a bit of a mess,” said Duddling.

[…]

Dudding was last seen in Willow Springs, Missouri on January 28, 2023. He has never been heard from again. When his rural residence on Varvel Road was checked, it had been set on fire. All of Dudding's belongings, including his cellular phone and wallet, were left behind. Few details are available in his case.

Feb 6, 2024 article - may contain a bit more information.

[…]

”His truck, the driver’s side door was open. When I got up to the house, the door was closed, and the entire front door had a window, and it was covered in soot. So when I opened the door, the shower was actually running,” said Duddling.

[…]

”There was a small fire that happened within the house. The house was also quite a bit of a mess,” said Duddling.

[…]
“I just kind of had a bad feeling,” said Blaise Duddling. He had gotten a call from a family friend in January 2023 and rushed to his dad’s house to find something was off.

I'd like to know more about what the family friend said...

article ^^^:

Wait are they saying Blaise got the call from the family friend, showed up, found the (small?) fire and shower, and John was seen days AFTER that? Where was he seen after that? I am so confused
--

“I just kind of had a bad feeling,” said Blaise Duddling. He had gotten a call from a family friend in January 2023 and rushed to his dad’s house to find something was off.

He said other things were amiss, too.

JP Duddling was last seen on January 28, just a few days after Blaise got that call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143
Back