UK - Lin, 45, & Megan Russell, 6, Chillenden, Kent, 9 July 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That’s a good call, I’ve not studied the Billie Jo Jenkins case, but I’m going to take a look.
If the police were happy to believe MS travelled from Maidstone, why not someone doing the same from Hastings.
I’ve had a look at the Billie Jo Jenkins case, I have to say it appears to be a big miscarriage of justice.
The killer walks free today, living a normal life while the poor girl lost hers.
I can see why it was suggested that it may be linked to the murder of the Russell’s, however, I can’t see this from the evidence that’s in the public domain.
As the Billie Jo case is still open critical evidence such as the autopsy report is not going to be available.
There are too many differences for these two cases to be linked.
What is obvious is that the police failed to build a solid case against SJ when it appears they actually had all the evidence they really needed.

Tend to agree, one thing that does suggest robbery is Megan saying the perpetrator asking for money during the attack.
This is the sort of thing I’d expect from MS and not from LB, LB’s MO is motivated by pure evil.
Stone didn't do it, 100%. He was only charged as a year later he didnt have an alibi and only convicted once the police incentivised DD to lie.

If Josie Russell’s recall is correct, it’s not Bellfield, he wouldn’t have been asking for money, he just killed his victims.
Did Jose say he demanded money, or asked if they have loose change? I believe Bellfield could have asked people for things to strike up a conversation/let them lower their guard.

It was such an isolated setting, and in the middle of the day. If the culprit went out to kill that day, why would he choose quiet country roads? Would it be that the isolation allowed him to murder without being seen or heard? In that case, the intended victim(s) was anyone he could overpower (e.g Women / Children) Or, was he driving through this area, and saw the family and it was a spur of the moment decision?
Stone had a receipt that put him about 40 miles away, 2 hours before the murder. Therefore he would of driven to Chillenden for a reason. Some claim he would steal lawnmowers from rural areas, but accepting this, are we expected to believe he drove to Chillenden to steal a lawnmower which he attempted, or was successful in doing, and then decided to murder? Seems highly unlikely. The other scenario is that he drove there to murder, and that was the only reason.

Did Jose say he demanded money, or asked if they have loose change? I believe Bellfield could have asked people for things to strike up a conversation/let them lower their guard.
She did say he asked for money, Bellfield’s confession is an absolute p*** take.
It mirrors Stone’s basis for his appeal and looks to have concocted by the two of them.
IMO the police got the right man, but that’s just my view.

She did say he asked for money, Bellfield’s confession is an absolute p*** take.
It mirrors Stone’s basis for his appeal and looks to have concocted by the two of them.
IMO the police got the right man, but that’s just my view.
Interesting - Can you elaborate on why you think Stone is the guilty party? His confession to the therapist?

Interesting - Can you elaborate on why you think Stone is the guilty party? His confession to the therapist?
There is such an mis- match of evidence in both the crime scene and autopsy report.
The laces with no DNA, and the autopsy saying the hammer blows (IIRC) were inflicted by a left handed person.
While these mis-matched indicated it wasn’t Stone, they can also be explained logically.
The demand for money is for me a big pointer, while Bellfield might have asked for change (in the past), it’s illogical when you’re in the middle of the countryside.
In the media Bellfield allegedly touched his girlfriend’s Ford Sierra directly after the Russell’s were murdered, this is another thing he did to eliminate evidence.
You can make a case for either Stone or Bellfield, but I feel Stone is guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back