Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just do not see suicide as a genuine option.

I just don't think he walked to the lake.
It's been reported he hated guns and did not own one.
No suicide letter that been found -- LE first said he was gone on his own, and now homicide is still on the table.

I think someone wants you to think it could have been suicide but IMHO what we know does not support that. Thus far.

Edited to add: the idea that a whole year ago he made up some kidnap situation to cover for his own suicide over a year later is just unrealistic IMHO.

Last edited:
I just do not see suicide as a genuine option.

I just don't think he walked to the lake.
It's been reported he hated guns and did not own one.
No suicide letter that been found -- LE first said he was gone on his own, and now homicide is still on the table.

I think someone wants you to think it could have been suicide but IMHO what we know does not support that. Thus far.

Edited to add: the idea that a whole year ago he made up some kidnap situation to cover for his own suicide over a year later is just unrealistic IMHO.
Why do you think he left his car and RV unlocked with all his important stuff?

Do you think he went to the aquatic park to meet someone and the meeting unexpectedly went bad?

On June 2, the coroner in Arkansas where Dr. John Forsyth’s body was found three days prior, told OzarksFirst reporters he expects autopsy results to take about 90 days.

Benton County Coroner Daniel Oxford said the Arkansas State Crime Lab is facing a backlog. The lab estimates results will take about 60 days, but Oxford said he’s still waiting on autopsy results sent to the lab in January and February. Other aspects of the investigation will continue while the coroner awaits autopsy results.

On May 10 of this year, a judge ordered Forsyth to pay his ex-wife $3,999 in child support a month, plus another $15,000 a month.

Missouri court records show he was married and divorced twice to the same woman between 1995 and 2022. Both his brother and Ryan Ricketts, the ex-wife’s divorce attorney, say the split was amicable.

The pair initially married in Clark County, Nevada. He filed for divorce in April 2019 but the couple remarried in July 2020 in Greene County, Missouri. Court records show that the woman filed a second divorce petition in April 2022, in Lawrence County, Missouri.

QUESTIONS THAT REMAIN

Authorities have not said whether they believe Forsyth was killed or took his own life. Initially, when Forsyth’s empty car was found, investigators said there were no signs of foul play. But that was before the body was found.

Shannon Jenkins, spokesperson for the Benton County Sheriff’s Department, said Friday that “there is no immediate threat to the public,” but declined to provide more details. She said no further information would be released until the investigation is completed.

It’s also unclear what Forsyth’s connection might be to the second vehicle seen on pool surveillance video. Authorities have not confirmed any information about the video, including if it was taken before or after Forsyth may have texted his fiancee.

There’s also no information on how Forsyth got from Cassville to Beaver Lake, when and where he died, or if investigators have found a weapon.

(lots more background info in article)

I think the fact that he left his passport, along with cell phones, laptop, briefcase, wallet, keys in his unlocked car points to suicide. He also left his RV unlocked. I don't see the recent engagement, planned trip to see kids or his reported good mood during dinner with his brother as undermining a suicide argument. He may have been ambivalent about killing himself or something else. No way would a person described the way JF has been, (logical, competent, etc) that plans to return to his life, leave his car and pricey RV unlocked with all his important stuff unprotected.
There have been mixed reports about what was found in his car vs his RV. It does seem that at least his wallet, passport and briefcase were left in the car along with a cell phone with a cracked screen.

Having said that I see a couple of possibilities other than suicide:

1) He's under immense stress (either personal life business/medical issues) so decides to start a new life. Arranges for someone to pick him up at the aquatic park, where he will abandon his car, leaving doubt as to whether he committed suicide. Something goes wrong with the arrangements where someone promised to help him but ends up turning on him.

2) someone abducted him (loansharks? jealous ex of fiance?) with ill intent. he was leaving or briefly entering his RV and his wallet and briefcase (with his passport just generally stowed in there) were in his car. Someone nabs him and an accomplice drives his car to the park. Or they threaten his family and force him to meet them at the park. Lots of potential scenarios.

Suicide seems quite likely. But the long distance to the lake is what is throwing me off there.

Another question. I’ve heard here that his vehicle
There have been mixed reports about what was found in his car vs his RV. It does seem that at least his wallet, passport and briefcase were left in the car along with a cell phone with a cracked screen.

Having said that I see a couple of possibilities other than suicide:

1) He's under immense stress (either personal life business/medical issues) so decides to start a new life. Arranges for someone to pick him up at the aquatic park, where he will abandon his car, leaving doubt as to whether he committed suicide. Something goes wrong with the arrangements where someone promised to help him but ends up turning on him.

2) someone abducted him (loansharks? jealous ex of fiance?) with ill intent. he was leaving or briefly entering his RV and his wallet and briefcase (with his passport just generally stowed in there) were in his car. Someone nabs him and an accomplice drives his car to the park. Or they threaten his family and force him to meet them at the park. Lots of potential scenarios.

Suicide seems quite likely. But the long distance to the lake is what is throwing me off there.

The distance is throwing me off, too. How well does gunshot residue last, in water? They might be able to rule out suicide that way. They obviously couldn’t confirm suicide, since murder or suicide could be committed at close range.

Likewise, the details of the gunshot wound couldn’t confirm suicide, but might rule it out, if the angle of the shot was too strange.

MOO

From Department of Justice Website, dated April 3, 2023

Justice Department Seizes Over $112M in Funds Linked to Cryptocurrency Investment Schemes​

The Department of Justice announced today that it has seized virtual currency worth an estimated $112 million linked to cryptocurrency investment scams.
Seizure warrants for six virtual currency accounts were authorized by judges in the District of Arizona, the Central District of California, and the District of Idaho.
According to court documents, the virtual currency accounts were allegedly used to launder proceeds of various cryptocurrency confidence scams. In these schemes, fraudsters cultivate long-term relationships with victims met online, eventually enticing them to make investments in fraudulent cryptocurrency trading platforms. In reality, however, the funds sent by victims for these purported investments were instead funneled to cryptocurrency addresses and accounts controlled by scammers and their co-conspirators.

On June 2, the coroner in Arkansas where Dr. John Forsyth’s body was found three days prior, told OzarksFirst reporters he expects autopsy results to take about 90 days.

Benton County Coroner Daniel Oxford said the Arkansas State Crime Lab is facing a backlog. The lab estimates results will take about 60 days, but Oxford said he’s still waiting on autopsy results sent to the lab in January and February. Other aspects of the investigation will continue while the coroner awaits autopsy results.

Wondering when the body will be released to the family.

On May 10 of this year, a judge ordered Forsyth to pay his ex-wife $3,999 in child support a month, plus another $15,000 a month.

Missouri court records show he was married and divorced twice to the same woman between 1995 and 2022. Both his brother and Ryan Ricketts, the ex-wife’s divorce attorney, say the split was amicable.

The pair initially married in Clark County, Nevada. He filed for divorce in April 2019 but the couple remarried in July 2020 in Greene County, Missouri. Court records show that the woman filed a second divorce petition in April 2022, in Lawrence County, Missouri.

QUESTIONS THAT REMAIN

Authorities have not said whether they believe Forsyth was killed or took his own life. Initially, when Forsyth’s empty car was found, investigators said there were no signs of foul play. But that was before the body was found.

Shannon Jenkins, spokesperson for the Benton County Sheriff’s Department, said Friday that “there is no immediate threat to the public,” but declined to provide more details. She said no further information would be released until the investigation is completed.

It’s also unclear what Forsyth’s connection might be to the second vehicle seen on pool surveillance video. Authorities have not confirmed any information about the video, including if it was taken before or after Forsyth may have texted his fiancee.

There’s also no information on how Forsyth got from Cassville to Beaver Lake, when and where he died, or if investigators have found a weapon.

It's interesting that the couple divorced and remarried twice.

QUESTIONS THAT REMAIN

From your link, he sure had a lot going on the last 18 months - 2nd divorce filing and finalized, wrongful death suit settled, new woman in his life that he was engaged to 2 days before he disappeared. That's a lot of life changes, imo.

Online court records show Forsyth settled a wrongful death lawsuit against him Lawrence County, Missouri, in March 2022, but the settlement terms were confidential.

Last edited:
I'm not technologically advanced so there's a "what you need to know" on the KY3.com website, NOT the Facebook page. It has intriguing information that I hadn't seen before if someone is able to grab it and post here.

Nevermind! It's been posted!

If someone else has his key code and has taken control of those assets, would anyone know?
Any wallet address / public key that is known to be associated with him can be monitored for transactions.

In other words, you wouldn't necessarily know if someone has his private key, but you would know if someone uses his wallet to transfer any cryptocurrency.

Any wallet address / public key that is known to be associated with him can be monitored for transactions.

In other words, you wouldn't necessarily know if someone has his private key, but you would know if someone uses his wallet to transfer any cryptocurrency.

I hope you do mind if I share that information on the Sherman murder thread. Cryptocurrency may be involved and what you wrote answers a question I had about it.

"Online court records show Forsyth settled a wrongful death lawsuit against him Lawrence County, Missouri, in March 2022, but the settlement terms were confidential.
He was initially named as a defendant in a wrongful death case, also in Lawrence County, in 2006. But he and another doctor were dismissed from the case before a local hospital settled the case for $100,000."

Oh, Arkansas. Small government.

I hope you do mind if I share that information on the Sherman murder thread. Cryptocurrency may be involved and what you wrote answers a question I had about it.
Of course not, share away. Let me just add I'm by no means a crypto expert, and I don't own any. However I have read a bit about it and I'm familiar with some of the operation of a blockchain.

I'm not the greatest at formatting but here is the link to CNN
Thank you.

From the article...

Investigators told the family they are working on retrieving information from John Forsyth’s phones

LE has consistently said they will not make any comment until their investigation is done. So I will somewhat patiently wait for more announcements or action by them.

waiting-bored.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member