Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New fiance 8 months pregnant and, when was the divorce filed? And by whom?
What a nightmare for this family.
Actually imo this may explain the first divorce the remarriage and the second divorce theoretically. Perhaps his wife catches him in an affair. She divorces him. He swears the affair is over etc and wants her back. They remarry only to for the wife to find the girl friend is now with child …so another divorce and his subsequent engagement to his girl friend. I know of a real life couple this happened with in my social circle. Just my speculation. I don’t suspect this has any bearing on the murder but I obvi have no idea. Not enough info from LE so far. Just imo.

New fiance 8 months pregnant and, when was the divorce filed? And by whom?
What a nightmare for this family.
The ex filed April 12 this year and it was final mid May. This was the second divorce for John and his ex with him filing the first time in 2019. They remarried after their first divorce.

"Authorities said Wednesday that they're still investigating what happened in the week between Forsyth's disappearance and the discovery of his body."

This sounds as though LE believes Dr. F did not die the day he went missing from the Cassville Aquatic parking lot.

Actually imo this may explain the first divorce the remarriage and the second divorce theoretically. Perhaps his wife catches him in an affair. She divorces him. He swears the affair is over etc and wants her back. They remarry only to for the wife to find the girl friend is now with child …so another divorce and his subsequent engagement to his girl friend. I know of a real life couple this happened with in my social circle. Just my speculation. I don’t suspect this has any bearing on the murder but I obvi have no idea. Not enough info from LE so far. Just imo.
Yeah, could be but when he filed for divorce in 2019, it showed the ex living in Idaho while he's in Missouri.

Petition for Second Dis./Mar. ---- Filed in April 2022 or 2023?
The ex filed April 12 this year and it was final mid May. This was the second divorce for John and his ex with him filing the first time in 2019. They remarried after their first divorce.
@glivng Thanks for your post w link to cnet page w court docket records.

Per my read of first/earliest entry at bottom of cnet page,* his then-wife filed in April 2022, not 2023.

Per entry toward top of page, Dis/Mar. order was entered May 17, 2023.**

I did not read all the entries, so could have missed something.

@Ontario Mom

* " 04/12/2022
"Petition Filed - Domestic Rel
"Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.
"Filed By: RYAN FEREL RICKETTS
"Judge Assigned"

** "5/10/23
"...JUDGMENT AND DECREE OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE..."

Elizabeth VanMetre

Dr. John Forsyth Update for June 7:

I wanted to share a photo from earlier in the investigation. A lot of people have been curious about his trailer he lived at in Cassville. This is the RV.
You may notice it’s hooked up to the side of this clinic. He had access to both the trailer and the clinic (to use the bathroom/shower ect). Both were looked at closely by Benton County sheriff and of course Cassville Police.
I’ve seen a lot of questions about how many phones were found owned by Dr. Forsyth in his home/car. I know it’s a small thing but over exaggerating details loses focus on the case.
-Two phones were found in his trailer
-Two were found in drawers but these were old and reset (truly just old phones— non working)
-One phone was found in his car
That’s it. He was a doctor so having a work phone does sound right.
I have no updates right now on the autopsy or case. So inbetween those if it’s okay with y’all I’ll share photos from when the investigation just kicked off. 11am after he didn’t make his 7pm shift I was in Cassville so I’ve got a lot from early on.

1686183968143.png

1686183994743.png

The reporter is answering questions in the comments under her FB post.

New Fiancee???
The info is (very) new, link posted earlier today Family slam officials mysterious death of Missouri ER doctor
@SimplyCass Thanks for your post w link. Not intending to be a smart aleck, but wondering about wording in linked DM story:
"The father-of-eight, had just... proposed marriage to his new fiancée three days before he was last seen alive." sbm

"proposed to new fiancée"???
Does that suggest to anyone else (besides me) that there was an old fiancee or a former fiancee into the picture who is now history? Anyone?
[ETA :Seems there were multiple things his fam was unaware of. ]

Or was that a reporting or editing booboo?

Last edited:
Question re Missouri requirements for doctor reporting their activities:

Is there a legal requirement for doctors to report any medical service or activity that they perform (regardless of location -- meaning outside of a hospital or office setting)?

Are they required to report any 'suspicious' activity or injury that they become aware of?

Seems there should be...and be available to LE.

I suspect it is just the way they write. Incorrect, of course, but became sort of commonplace these days.

Elizabeth VanMetre

I wanted to share a photo from earlier in the investigation. A lot of people have been curious about his trailer he lived at in Cassville. This is the RV.
You may notice it’s hooked up to the side of this clinic. He had access to both the trailer and the clinic (to use the bathroom/shower ect). Both were looked at closely by Benton County sheriff and of course Cassville Police.
I’ve seen a lot of questions about how many phones were found owned by Dr. Forsyth in his home/car. I know it’s a small thing but over exaggerating details loses focus on the case.
-Two phones were found in his trailer
-Two were found in drawers but these were old and reset (truly just old phones— non working)
-One phone was found in his car
That’s it. He was a doctor so having a work phone does sound right.
I have no updates right now on the autopsy or case. So inbetween those if it’s okay with y’all I’ll share photos from when the investigation just kicked off. 11am after he didn’t make his 7pm shift I was in Cassville so I’ve got a lot from early on.

View attachment 427368

View attachment 427370

The reporter is answering questions in the comments under her FB post.
Paraphrasing the comments on the FB post. The questions are italicized.
The clinic by Mercy?
building not in use but on property
oh, behind the hospital?
yup! I did a story where I walked through the route. I’ll post

What does his Fiancé say?
about what
she was the last to speak with him the news said. Was he upset?
they had a normal text convo when he got off at 7

Do you know any info about the white suv that was seen by his car the night he went missing? I haven't heard anything and I find it strange they won't release any info on that car. Especially when he was still missing.
I’ve asked. My source didn’t know. It’s on my list of rotating questions. What I will say is the video of the white SUV police have is BLURRY.

Dr. F's RV. Was Access to Clinic Necessary?

Elizabeth VanMetre

A lot of people have been curious about his trailer he lived at in Cassville. This is the RV.
You may notice it’s hooked up to the side of this clinic. He had access to both the trailer and the clinic (to use the bathroom/shower ect)....
View attachment 427368
View attachment 427370
snipped for focus. @gliving Thanks for introducing the reporter's FB to us. Some great info there.
The RV close to the hosp. looks like a super way for an ER doc on call to be avail., yet a bit separated from the hustle-bustle when possible.

As the reporter pointed out, the RV* is hooked up to the clinic.

This may not have no relevance to the sad, but unusual death & investigation.
Nevertheless--- With full hookups,* RV occupant(s) could use the RV bathroom and shower. No need to access the clinic's toilet or shower. Some people live in RVs like this fulltime; many of them travel rather than remaining stationary like Dr. F.

The bldg. is supplying water & electricity to the RV. It also appears that the RV's sewer hose is connecting to a sewer intake in the parking lot ground, similar to those at campgrounds or RV parks. So facility has full hook-ups (aka triple hook-ups, i.e., electricity, water, and sewer).

Perhaps LE has reason to be tight-lipped with the family. I'm sure they need to be eliminated from the inquiry, if this is determined to be foul play.

MOO
This seems to be common practice for LE these days, JMO. Have seen this in quite A few cases in recent years. Its probably a good way to prevent leaks, even unintentional ones, before the investigation is complete.

Question re Missouri requirements for doctor reporting their activities:

Is there a legal requirement for doctors to report any medical service or activity that they perform (regardless of location -- meaning outside of a hospital or office setting)?

Are they required to report any 'suspicious' activity or injury that they become aware of?

Seems there should be...and be available to LE.
In most states, only child abuse is mandatory reporting.

I'm sure your idea of requiring reports to the government on all health care services provided, suspicious activities and injuries to LE is well-intended, the end result would likely prevent many people from seeking needed care for fear of police reports.

In most states, only child abuse is mandatory reporting.

I'm sure your idea of requiring reports to the government on all health care services provided, suspicious activities and injuries to LE is well-intended, the end result would likely prevent many people from seeking needed care for fear of police reports.

There are many states in which is it mandatory for hospital emergency rooms to report gunshot wounds, among other things. Here is a state-by-state guide: http://4e5ae7d17e.nxcli.net/wp-cont...f-Non-Accidental-Injury-Statutes-by-State.pdf

ETA information specific to MO:
Missouri
MO Rev. Stat. § 578.350, Updated 2013
578.350. Gunshot wounds--physicians, nurses, therapists, duty to report, content—violation, penalty.
1. Any person licensed under chapter 334 or 335 who treats a person for a wound inflicted by
gunshot shall immediately report to a local law enforcement official the name and address of
the person, if known, and if unknown, a description of the person, together with an
explanation of the nature of the wound and the circumstances under which the treatment was
rendered.
2. Any person licensed under chapter 334 or 335 who knowingly fails to report the injuries
described in this section is guilty of the offense of medical deception.
3. Medical deception is an infraction.

John invested in crypto funds. I am not a crypto investor so this is my very basic understanding of the funds. If there are any crypto-knowledgeable readers here, please feel free to correct or add to this.

Crypto funds are purchased and can then be stored in a off-line cloud. In order to access your crypto funds, you need the key. A key is a series of numbers kind of like a secret code. Each bit has it's own key. So if you have 10 bits, you need 10 keys.

When a crypto owner dies, the asset goes through probate since it's considered an asset. Whoever inherits the crypto also needs to the keys to unlock the funds. If the inheritor doesn't have the key, the funds remain locked up for eternity. The inheritor will never get any financial gain from their inheritance.

My question is, who had/has access to John's keys? MOO Thinking of this as a possible motive to murder.

Cryptocurrency is stored using a virtual wallet, and a private key is needed to open it. This private key is a string of random characters, essentially the password that gains access to the wallet contents. This is like a physical key to open a safe-deposit box. Of course, a bank can eventually access a safe-deposit box if the physical key is lost, but that is not true of a wallet with a missing virtual key.

Zimmerman explains, "If you die without leaving anyone the details of your private key, your cryptocurrency will become nearly impossible for your loved ones to access." While numbers are not available readily for many cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin estimates that approximately 4 million Bitcoins have been lost due to the deaths of owners and missing private keys. That is more than $240 billion today.
Very interesting. I'm many pages behind so something new may have come up that I haven't gotten to. Could a lost key be the motive? Could a crypto client have lost a key and felt JF could help them access their funds? Or if they died family members/associates thought the same? I also wonder, did JF notice something as he approached his trailer on the hospital grounds? A note on his door, a parked car, or person whom he was familiar with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto