Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
June 8, 2023 - Re candlelight service

[…]

The vigil will take place at the Monett City Park on Sunday, June 11 at 8:00 p.m.

[…]

Very interesting. I'm many pages behind so something new may have come up that I haven't gotten to. Could a lost key be the motive? Could a crypto client have lost a key and felt JF could help them access their funds? Or if they died family members/associates thought the same? I also wonder, did JF notice something as he approached his trailer on the hospital grounds? A note on his door, a parked car, or person whom he was familiar with?
What I don’t get , is that there was the prior kidnapping, and his brother stated he believed he was still in danger. (Yes, I believe it happened and wasn’t made up).
What was he involved in, what was he doing, to create those circumstances? That is key to what happened to him, IMO.

Very interesting. I'm many pages behind so something new may have come up that I haven't gotten to. Could a lost key be the motive? Could a crypto client have lost a key and felt JF could help them access their funds? Or if they died family members/associates thought the same? I also wonder, did JF notice something as he approached his trailer on the hospital grounds? A note on his door, a parked car, or person whom he was familiar with?
All are thoughtful questions.

A lost key that an owner perhaps needed to be restored - but OnFo if not worth anything more than air, is it? But, if JF had cryptos sitting on a cloud, who had his digital code in order to access those funds; maybe millions of US $$? Did the accountant give that authority to Richard bc John informed him that's what he wanted?
John invested in crypto funds. I am not a crypto investor so this is my very basic understanding of the funds. If there are any crypto-knowledgeable readers here, please feel free to correct or add to this.

Crypto funds are purchased and can then be stored in a off-line cloud. In order to access your crypto funds, you need the key. A key is a series of numbers kind of like a secret code. Each bit has it's own key. So if you have 10 bits, you need 10 keys.

When a crypto owner dies, the asset goes through probate since it's considered an asset. Whoever inherits the crypto also needs to the keys to unlock the funds. If the inheritor doesn't have the key, the funds remain locked up for eternity. The inheritor will never get any financial gain from their inheritance.
<modsnip - NO LINK to an approved source with the statement published here>
My question is, who had/has access to John's keys? MOO Thinking of this as a possible motive to murder.

Cryptocurrency is stored using a virtual wallet, and a private key is needed to open it. This private key is a string of random characters, essentially the password that gains access to the wallet contents. This is like a physical key to open a safe-deposit box. Of course, a bank can eventually access a safe-deposit box if the physical key is lost, but that is not true of a wallet with a missing virtual key.

Zimmerman explains, "If you die without leaving anyone the details of your private key, your cryptocurrency will become nearly impossible for your loved ones to access." While numbers are not available readily for many cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin estimates that approximately 4 million Bitcoins have been lost due to the deaths of owners and missing private keys. That is more than $240 billion today.
Bitcoin Millionaire
'Bitcoin Millionaire' Found Dead a Week After Going Missing

Death Deepens : "He owned no guns." RF. John Forsyth's half-brother, Jason Musgrave, has also echoed his skepticism about the details regarding the doctor's death. "I feel like it is foul play."
Dr. John Forsyth Death Mystery Deepens

This really gets me going:
"Dr. John Forsyth, was reported missing on May 21 after he failed to show up for his 7 p.m. shift at Mercy Hospital in Cassville"

So, the doctor disappears after texting his fiancee' by saying he'd see her soon. He stops responding as he walks to his rather nice RV with pop outs. Did she just accept it that her soon to be husband went silent for the next 12 hours? Who sounded the alarm that Dr. Forsyth was a MP?

All musings - I don't know what happened to the doctor but I don't think he killed himself. He liked living too much!

Last edited by a moderator:
My first thought is that he met someone at the Aquatic Park, presumably to talk or quickly exchange something. That's one reason to leave his keys, etc. in the car. It seems likely that he was kidnapped, driven to the lake, and the rest is history.

Is the bullet wound his only injury? Toxicology? Stun gun marks?

Thinking back to controversy surrounding Gerald Cotton, a Canadian cryptocurrency creator. There were a number of problems regarding investors withdrawing their currency when they needed the money. I suspect that the investment is just like any other stock investment - if you decide to sell and the broker doesn't sell, or drops the price to get a quick sale, the investment could lose a lot of value quickly. Cryptocurrency is volatile.

From your link : "ER doctor and cryptocurrency creator John Forsyth was reported missing on May 21 after he failed to show up to work at Mercy Hospital in Cassville, a small town deep in the Missouri Ozarks. His brother and crypto business partner Richard Forsyth said at the time, ... "
It appears to resemble the doctor on cctv walking to his RV then driving his Infiniti into the Aquatic Park to abandon it behind the cyclone fence. A white SUV appears. CCTV is fuzzy. Maybe he's in the the white vehicle a few minutes. A figure resembling the doctor appears to walk around for a while before ... disappearing. Vanishing, that is, until he's discovered in Beaver Lake, AR.
The footage is fuzzy and grainy was the last we're told.

EM offloaded a boatload of Telsa stock to buy Tw. Made investors unhappy. Investments are a gamble. Gambling's risky.

Motives for Murder, according to Det Mains: GSR. Greed. Sex. Revenge. Who gains from the death?

JMHOO

All are thoughtful questions.

A lost key that an owner perhaps needed to be restored - but OnFo if not worth anything more than air, is it? But, if JF had cryptos sitting on a cloud, who had his digital code in order to access those funds; maybe millions of US $$? Did the accountant give that authority to Richard bc John informed him that's what he wanted?

<modsnip - NO LINK to an approved source with the statement published here>

Bitcoin Millionaire
'Bitcoin Millionaire' Found Dead a Week After Going Missing

Death Deepens : "He owned no guns." RF. John Forsyth's half-brother, Jason Musgrave, has also echoed his skepticism about the details regarding the doctor's death. "I feel like it is foul play."
Dr. John Forsyth Death Mystery Deepens

This really gets me going:
"Dr. John Forsyth, was reported missing on May 21 after he failed to show up for his 7 p.m. shift at Mercy Hospital in Cassville"

So, the doctor disappears after texting his fiancee' by saying he'd see her soon. He stops responding as he walks to his rather nice RV with pop outs. Did she just accept it that her soon to be husband went silent for the next 12 hours? Who sounded the alarm that Dr. Forsyth was a MP?

All musings - I don't know what happened to the doctor but I don't think he killed himself. He liked living too much!
You mention a couple things that are interesting, I had wondered why the fiance never called or started worrying earlier either. I mean if she was to see him soon after he got off at 7am then why wasn't she making quite a few calls. I do not think we have gotten the whole story there.

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped of a statement with no link to substantiate>

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest from the Cassville Democrat only mentions a stabbing. It doesn't seem related, but the townspeople are feeling sad with all the tragedies of late. It sounds like they had a very touching memorial gathering for Dr. Forsyth, with quite a large crowd.

MOO but I’m guessing if he finished a shift at 7am and was due back at 7pm for another 12 (?) hour shift, he was likely going back to his RV to sleep and eat. I assumed the ‘see you later’ to his fiancée was not necessarily to say he’d see her before he went back to work. I know I wouldn’t necessarily expect to hear from my husband if he was sleeping and going back to work, but even if he didn’t message when I thought he would, I wouldn’t panic and think anything bad happened at that point. As it sounds like they didn’t live together, I assume the alarm wouldn’t really be raised until after he failed to turn up to work.

@Ladyotm
Could a lost key be the motive? Could a crypto client have lost a key and felt JF could help them access their funds?
A lost key that an owner perhaps needed to be restored - but OnFo if not worth anything more than air, is it? But, if JF had cryptos sitting on a cloud, who had his digital code in order to access those funds; maybe millions of US $$?

Crypto doesn't work like that. There is no 'helping' someone find their lost key. Not in the sense of it taking a Crypto expert to help that is. If your key it was on a usb drive, or written down somewhere and you "lost" it, you would hire a private detective before you'd reach out to a crypto expert to find it.

A "key" to a "wallet" is typically a long randomly generated string of numbers and letters.
(e.g. 1E99423A4ED27608A15A2616A2B0E9E52CED330AC530EDCC32C8FFC6A526AEDD)
On top of that, the identifier to the wallet is again a long randomly generated string. This one is harder to lose, because you can store it publicly, and share it etc, but if you do happen to lose it, there's no getting it back.

I find it extremely unlikely that he was murdered because he failed to help someone restore/find a lost key.

Source
Also, this is a generalized and simplified explanation.

----

For people who have been asking about John's bitcoin stash, that would be very interesting to see. FWIW, here is the wallet address with 1 BTC that John set up a treasure hunt for. 157dpLJgAAKugukKz8UwBHapM4idyZvnLc. You can see it still has 1 BTC in it. We will also be able to see if someone sends the BTC anywhere. He said he would take the secret to his grave (see description for video 1).
Here is video 1 in the announced series of 10 videos. Only 5 were ever released.
At the end of the first video this string flashes at the lower right of the screen 5JYx.
The other 4 videos have no such easily identifiable snippet.

Here are the youtube listed release dates for the 5 released videos.
Video 1 June 22, 2021
Video 2 July 9, 2021
Video 3 August 19, 2021
Video 4 September 11, 2021
Video 5 March 29, 2022.

I find it curious the release timing. I wonder what happened that he stopped releasing videos last march.

Crypto doesn't work like that. There is no 'helping' someone find their lost key. Not in the sense of it taking a Crypto expert to help that is. If your key it was on a usb drive, or written down somewhere and you "lost" it, you would hire a private detective before you'd reach out to a crypto expert to find it.

A "key" to a "wallet" is typically a long randomly generated string of numbers and letters.
On top of that, the identifier to the wallet is again a long randomly generated string. This one is harder to lose, because you can store it publicly, and share it etc, but if you do happen to lose it, there's no getting it back.

I find it extremely unlikely that he was murdered because he failed to help someone restore/find a lost key.

Source

----

For people who have been asking about John's bitcoin stash, that would be very interesting to see. FWIW, here is the wallet address with 1 BTC that John set up a treasure hunt for. 157dpLJgAAKugukKz8UwBHapM4idyZvnLc. You can see it still has 1 BTC in it. We will also be able to see if someone sends the BTC anywhere. He said he would take the secret to his grave (see description for video 1).
Here is video 1 in the announced series of 10 videos. Only 5 were ever released.
At the end of the first video this string flashes at the lower right of the screen 5JYx.

Video 1 June 22, 2021
Video 2 July 9, 2021
Video 3 August 19, 2021
Video 5 March 29, 2022.

I find it curious the release timing. I wonder what happened that he stopped releasing videos last march.
PURELY MY SPECULATION - YMMV - etc.

Halt in video releases may be a result of him being 'kidnapped' and warned not to continue to develop/promote ONFO; he may have thought he was appeasing his attackers by not continuing, but they still considered him a threat to their crypto product (? did he REALLY have a better strategy/product ?). May have thought he was meeting with them to discuss, but they wanted him gone.

No Previously Publicly Posted Photos. Working at Same Hospital.
@gliving Thank you for your post w link.

"Barnett had not publicly posted any images of the couple together until after he vanished, with the pair getting engaged just three days before he was last seen alive."

"The family of Dr Forsyth was not aware of how the couple met, but a LinkedIn profile belonging to Barnett shows she worked as an ER nurse practitioner at the same hospital."

@?!?
Halt in video releases may be a result of him being 'kidnapped' and warned not to continue to develop/promote ONFO; he may have thought he was appeasing his attackers by not continuing, but they still considered him a threat to their crypto product (? did he REALLY have a better strategy/product ?). May have thought he was meeting with them to discuss, but they wanted him gone.

I was able to download all publicly available ONFO transactions from the official ONFO website. Here is a graph that shows all account creation events.
ONFO Accounts.png
Here is a chart showing accounts created PER DAY. To highlight the growth patterns.
ONFO Accounts created per Day.png
This is interesting to me for a few reasons.
  1. ONFO stated they would go live January 9, 2019 on this FB Post although, they do announce on Feb 10 in this FB Post that they replaced the blockchain with a fresh one. In either case, the publicly available data only goes back to April , 2019. Seems there was another replacement.
  2. There were 4-5 phases of growth.
    1. The first phase was basically 2 days of impressive growth. 27,438 and 17,230 in back to back days. These 2 days alone account for over half of all ONFO accounts. Its probable that this was actually a population of the database with all accounts created prior. That is, they created a fresh blockchain and added all accounts one by one. A strange way to do it, but possible. This onfo post from April 7 supports this.
    2. Second phase was 7 month period of good, but decreasing growth.
      1. A ~3 month period after those two days were we see sustained growth of 500-1000 accounts per day.
      2. A 2 month period with little growth that starts in July. This is very interesting because that is when they announce that ONFO coin is listed on coinsbit.io, an Crypto exhange.
        It is possible people converted their ONFO to cash, and gave up on the project at this point, thus not spreading the word anymore.
      3. Another 2 month period of a couple hundred accounts per day ending in late November, 2019.
    3. Third phase is roughly all of 2020. Where there was almost no growth outside of late May. This was when ONFO announced they were listed on Blockfolio.
      1. This is interesting, because it unlike the previous announcment of ONFO being listed on an exchange, we see renewed interest.
    4. Final phase is the Video series/BTC treasure hunt phase. We see renewed interest that lines up pretty well with the release of those videos starting mid-2021. We even see a small peak of interest with Video 5 in late May of 2022.
IMO. No, I don't see a correlation between his video series and his kidnapping. The graphs above show a failed crypto project. No one would be afraid of competition from ONFO. For example, here is a similar project that had >10 million accounts that also failed.

Last edited:

EXCLUSIVE: Brother of ER doctor found dead in Ozarks lake slams claims he was living in RV because he couldn't afford $19,000-a-month alimony for eight children - and says he kept pregnant fiancée a secret out of respect during his divorce

snip

And so the RV was situated in the parking lot of the hospital where he would be on duty - he would go there just to rest, catch rest where he could, because he would sometimes work, you know, 9, 10, 12 hours in a row.

'And even during that those periods where he was not, theoretically on duty, he could be called in and so he had to get sleep break code, so he had that RV, but he also had other homes and buildings.'

Forsyth had seven kids with his wife and one more with a different mother. They range in ages from one year old to about 25, according to Richard.

His divorce was finalized last month and he was ordered to pay about $19,000 a month in alimony and child support, with many online commentators theorizing his death may be connected to the payments.

I'd read elsewhere that John has a young child with a different mother, plus the baby on the way with his fiance. Good to see all of his children are being acknowledged.

I was able to download all publicly available ONFO transactions from the official ONFO website. Here is a graph that shows all account creation events.
View attachment 427698
Here is a chart showing accounts created PER DAY. To highlight the growth patterns.
View attachment 427703
This is interesting to me for a few reasons.
  1. ONFO stated they would go live January 9, 2019 on this FB Post although, they do announce on Feb 10 in this FB Post that they replaced the blockchain with a fresh one. In either case, the publicly available data only goes back to April , 2019. Seems there was another replacement.
  2. There were 4-5 phases of growth.
    1. The first phase was basically 2 days of impressive growth. 27,438 and 17,230 in back to back days. These 2 days alone account for over half of all ONFO accounts. Its probable that this was actually a population of the database with all accounts created prior. That is, they created a fresh blockchain and added all accounts one by one. A strange way to do it, but possible. This onfo post from April 7 supports this.
    2. Second phase was 7 month period of good, but decreasing growth.
      1. A ~3 month period after those two days were we see sustained growth of 500-1000 accounts per day.
      2. A 2 month period with little growth that starts in July. This is very interesting because that is when they announce that ONFO coin is listed on coinsbit.io, an Crypto exhange.
        It is possible people converted their ONFO to cash, and gave up on the project at this point, thus not spreading the word anymore.
      3. Another 2 month period of a couple hundred accounts per day ending in late November, 2019.
    3. Third phase is roughly all of 2020. Where there was almost no growth outside of late May. This was when ONFO announced they were listed on Blockfolio.
      1. This is interesting, because it unlike the previous announcment of ONFO being listed on an exchange, we see renewed interest.
    4. Final phase is the Video series/BTC treasure hunt phase. We see renewed interest that lines up pretty well with the release of those videos starting mid-2021. We even see a small peak of interest with Video 5 in late May of 2022.
IMO. No, I don't see a correlation between his video series and his kidnapping. The graphs above show a failed crypto project. No one would be afraid of competition from ONFO. For example, here is a similar project that had >10 million accounts that also failed.
Thanks - very interesting - any chance you could do this showing 1/1/21 and on...making it a little more spaced/readable? TIA

Thanks - very interesting - any chance you could do this showing 1/1/21 and on...making it a little more spaced/readable? TIA
Sure, here you go. Let me know if this is what you mean.

ONFO Accounts created starting in 2021.pngONFO Accounts created per Day starting in 2021.png

Looking at this now I see that the Video release is not well correlated to Onfo growth. June 22, 2021 was Video 1 release, and that actually seems to be when the 2021 account creation slows. Hmm, interesting.

Last edited:
Court Ordered Child Support etc. Ability to Pay?

EXCLUSIVE: Brother of ER doctor found dead in Ozarks lake slams claims he was living in RV because he couldn't afford $19,000-a-month alimony for eight children - and says he kept pregnant fiancée a secret out of respect during his divorce

snip ....
@gliving Thank you very much for your post w. linked article.
IIRC I read the gist of bro's ^ stmt about the time Dr. F's remains were located and same claim as in this article --- "he also had other homes and buildings.'

Earlier post (sorry forgot whose) said 101 S. MADISON AVE AURORA, MO. (prop. formerly old Bank of Aurora converted to Bootleggers) was purchased by ONFO.
A link, anyone?

About a week ago realtor.com estimated prop. value at $ $310,974, and
zillow.com est'ed at $131,800.

Has anyone located property tax records substantiating Dr. F's or ONFO's ownership of other real estate?

Source

----

Video 1 June 22, 2021
Video 2 July 9, 2021
Video 3 August 19, 2021
Video 5 March 29, 2022.

My initial reaction to the news that only 5 of the promised videos in the "Win a bitcoin" ONFO PR campaign were released is that this was a modified bait and switch move. I don't know what you call it but it feels so sleezy. Not to mention that 4 of the released videos may not have findable clues. Perhaps he realized OnfoCoin was never going anywhere.

Court Ordered Child Support etc. Ability to Pay?

@gliving Thank you very much for your post w. linked article.
IIRC I read the gist of bro's ^ stmt about the time Dr. F's remains were located and same claim as in this article --- "he also had other homes and buildings.'

Earlier post (sorry forgot whose) said 101 S. MADISON AVE AURORA, MO. (prop. formerly old Bank of Aurora converted to Bootleggers) was purchased by ONFO.
A link, anyone?

About a week ago realtor.com estimated prop. value at $ $310,974, and
zillow.com est'ed at $131,800.

Has anyone located property tax records substantiating Dr. F's or ONFO's ownership of other real estate?

19-1.0-12-004-009-001.000
ONFO LLC101 S MADISON AURORA MO

Nothing found at Barry County appraiser website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads