Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, big grain of salt.

LE is letting brother do all the talking, aren't they?

And now, Brother and that local reporter, Elizabeth whatever, have both been very quiet.
I find the local reporter to be very vague and confusing anyway.
I agree with you re the brother.
Regarding the reporter...I think she's done an excellent job! She showed us where the car was parked. She showed us where the RV was parked. She showed us how long a drive it is to the lake where the body was found. What more should we expect?
I think she's been shut out a bit now that FBI and Arkansas LE are involved and the major source of info isn't just Cassville. I'd love to see all of these LE groups respect the local reporters. These reporters care. They are connected to the community.

If he was meeting someone (which I believe LE would know), could all have went how it was supposed to but the white car have parked elsewhere afterwards and that person have caught up with him? That wouldn’t really explain why he walked into the woods though. I’m leaning toward suicide.
Is there an official (or semi-official) statement that he walked into the woods? I've never read anything that implied that he walked into the woods. If I recall, his brother said that he 'walked away'. (and then he admitted that it just seemed like his brother because it was blurry.)

Is there an official (or semi-official) statement that he walked into the woods? I've never read anything that implied that he walked into the woods. If I recall, his brother said that he 'walked away'. (and then he admitted that it just seemed like his brother because it was blurry.)
That’s a good question. Honestly, I thought that I had read that somewhere. I’ll see if I can find what made me think that but you may very well be right.

Springfield MO radio station KWTO interview with John's brother Richard. Lots of details.

The Elijah Haahr Show - Richard Forsyth (Brother of Dr. John Forsyth)​

Dr. John Forsyth was reported missing weeks ago in Cassville under strange circumstances. Now, days after a body was found and a funeral was held, brother Richard Forsyth is in studio with guest host Chris Russell to recount the full story, clear up rumors, and most importantly, honor his brothers memory. The Elijah Haahr Show will air weekdays from 4-6 p.m. on KWTO, featuring local information

It's the first video link on the page.

Obituary. Genealogists/hobbyists. Where are you?

My quick online search did not locate an obituary for Dr. F.

A couple sites wanted me to subscribe and give them my first born child, so I gave them a pass.
[ETA: Honestly, they just wanted my email address. Still, sorry, pass]

Anyone?

Last edited:
I'd like to know if they checked video BEFORE 7:15 - to see if someone was 'checking out' the area....
I think we can rest assured police would do that, with however much footage was still available.

In addition to any earlier reconnaisance, were there any previous short meetups between vehicles there? Because, if I had been passing by and witnessed that 3 minute rendezvous, I'd have assumed it was a drug sale.

JMO

A couple sites wanted me to subscribe and give them my first born child, so I gave them a pass.

Anyone?
The purpose of an obituary is generally to notify people of the death. With so much news coverage, would there be a reason to publish one?

[ETA: Honestly, they just wanted my email address. Still, sorry, pass]

Anyone?
I'm an avid genealogist and typically when someone is recently deceased, all you need is a Google search to locate the obituary online. It's usually the much older ones that you need access to newspaper sites for. But, I'm definitely not finding one online either - very strange!

Springfield MO radio station KWTO interview with John's brother Richard. Lots of details.

The Elijah Haahr Show - Richard Forsyth (Brother of Dr. John Forsyth)​

Dr. John Forsyth was reported missing weeks ago in Cassville under strange circumstances. Now, days after a body was found and a funeral was held, brother Richard Forsyth is in studio with guest host Chris Russell to recount the full story, clear up rumors, and most importantly, honor his brothers memory. The Elijah Haahr Show will air weekdays from 4-6 p.m. on KWTO, featuring local information

It's the first video link on the page.

First thing I'm noting - Hospital security went to the doc's RV. Door was closed but unlocked. His two cell phones that he used for work were there in the RV. He needed one for town, another cell phone for rural areas (different provider coverage). Laptop was also in the RV.

Brother also says its incorrect, he was misquoted, about police saying his brother got into the white car.

Last edited:
Con't.

Later that day, around noon, Cassville PD saw his car parked at the park maintenance area. They assumed it was a hiker. There are some hiking trails nearby and assumed someone was hiking there.
Later went back to the car when hospital reported doc was missing.

Car was unlocked and had his wallet, with all the stuff usually in it, plus his US passport, work briefcase with all his work stuff (docs don't usually leave that lying around) and keys to the RV.

Maybe family are aware it will be dissected by curious members of the public to try to figure out what caused his death, rather than to celebrate and honour his life?
Have authorities released his body yet for burial? Perhaps family is waiting until that time when he can be buried to publish an obituary.

They have already had the service. His brother mentions in the radio interview above that they had a closed casket, which sparked some conspiracy theories.
Oh okay, thanks! I've been following this casually and only knew of the memorial service.

I would say that having been in the water for that long, gunshot or no gunshot wound, would require a closed casket. Gotta love the conspiracy theories!

I'm an avid genealogist and typically when someone is recently deceased, all you need is a Google search to locate the obituary online. It's usually the much older ones that you need access to newspaper sites for. But, I'm definitely not finding one online either - very strange!
@JerseyWasHome2
Thanks so much for checking for an obit & posting.
Yes, unusual not to find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member