GUILTY MO - Josie Ann Abney, 10, starved to death, Salem, 3 Oct 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't find Randall's case on Missouri's Casenet today. I wonder if it taken down for some reason. Will have to check back either later today or on Tuesday.

Well he did have that plea hearing - so MAYBE, just MAYBE he did plead guilty... and they just haven''t updated his court site. I hope so!

And thanks for checking! :)

Hey @Jewels53 ! Wondering if there might be an update for Randall on his plea hearing?
TIA!
Still can't find his case on MO Case Net. I even searched by case number and nothing shows up. Also nothing shows up in the correct categories for his charges to have a new number.

Still can't find his case on MO Case Net. I even searched by case number and nothing shows up. Also nothing shows up in the correct categories for his charges to have a new number.

Well dang... :(

Any local articles maybe? I'm just getting very old articles over here - so I'm no help....

@Jewels53 - just noticed in my notes that Randall's trial was supposed to start on 7/11 - maybe he did take a plea deal! Anything new - it's been almost a week now.

TIA!

@Jewels53 - just noticed in my notes that Randall's trial was supposed to start on 7/11 - maybe he did take a plea deal! Anything new - it's been almost a week now.

TIA!
Still can't find his case # or his case. I am not sure what is going on. I searched for articles also and came up with nothing.

@Jewels53 - any luck in finding Randall Abney? Must be something... well if you can find the case.

TIA!

There is still nothing on Case Net as of today. I searched for his case and it is not there. I don't understand why it isn't there!

This is the latest I could find, posted June 7, 2022.

She and her husband, 52-year-old Randall Abney, both of Dent County, were originally charged with second degree murder and abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death.

snipped

He still faces a second degree murder charge and abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death.

June 24th will be his last chance to plea bargain.

Thank you @Jewels53 - can not access the link - but his plea hearing was on 6/27/22 & just maybe he did make a plea & the court site isn't update for some reason. I can not find any current articles over here either...

Oh well - I shall wait another couple of weeks - and ask again.... and again Thanks!

@Jewels53 - any luck in finding Randall's hearing dates?

TIA! :)

I have Susan on 10/11 sentencing date after she plead guilty.

Looks like Randall had his trial - hopefully this link will work.

Sept. 1, 2022

(Salem) With little publicity until it happened, Randall Abney had his jury trial this week at the Dent County courthouse in Salem in relation to the death of his foster daughter, who later became his and his wife Susan’s adopted daughter.

After 90 minutes of deliberation Wednesday, the 53-year-old man was found guilty by a jury of his peers for 2nd degree murder and abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death.

His wife Susan was the key witness, testifying against her husband in the trial.

46-year-old Susan had already cut a plea deal in Crawford County court on a change of venue from Dent County.

She pleaded guilty to abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death and her 2nd degree murder charge was dropped.

Susan still awaits her sentencing which is scheduled for October 11th and Randall is set to receive his sentence on November 18th.

Tuesday, October 11th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 2pm CT) – MO – Josie Ann Abney (10) (October 3, 2020, Salem; starved to death: Josie weighed 38 lbs. after she collapsed & died) - for *Susan A. Abney (44/now 46) (adoptive parent) arrested (10/4/20), charged (10/6/20) & arraigned (2/22/21) with abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death & charged (12/14/20) & arraigned (2/22/21) with 2nd degree felony murder. Plead not guilty. $500K cash or Surety bond. Bond denied on 11/19/20.
The Abneys adopted Josie at the age of 3 in 2013 before going on to foster 12 or 13 children over the years. Josie died the next day from severe cachexia & protein calorie malnutrition according to the autopsy. Josie weighed only 34-pounds.
Trial was set to begin on 3/7/22 has been cancelled with a guilty plea on 2/8/22.

Court info from 10/6/20 thru 2/8/22 reference post #121 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-death-salem-3-oct-2020-arrests.547224/page-7

4/28/22 Update: Cause called in chambers. By agreement of parties, the cause is removed from sentencing hearing & placed on the docket on 5/17/22 @ 1pm for resetting of a sentencing hearing per Judge Michael Randazzo. Plead guilty on 2/8/22 to a charge of abuse or neglect of a child in the death of 10-year-old Josie Ann Abney in 2020. In the plea deal, the state dropped a second-degree murder charge.
5/17/22 Update: Cause called. State appears by PA, Mr Smith. Defendant appears not but by counsel Attorney Chad Picker. Cause passed to 10/11/22 at 2pm for sentencing hearing. Defendant ordered to appear.
*Randall Lee Abney (51/now 52) (adoptive parent) – Jury trial on 8/31/33 & found guilty of all charges. Sentencing on 11/18/22.

Friday, November 18th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ am CT) – MO – Josie Ann Abney (10) (October 3, 2020, Salem; starved to death: Josie weighed 38 lbs. after she collapsed & died) – *Randall Lee Abney (51/now 53) (adoptive parent) arrested (10/4/20), charged (10/6/20) & arraigned (2/22/21) with abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death & charged (12/14/20) & arraigned (2/22/21) with 2nd degree felony murder. Plead not guilty. $500K cash or Surety bond. Bond denied on 11/19/20.
The Abneys adopted Josie at the age of 3 in 2013 before going on to foster 12 or 13 children over the years.
Trial was set to begin on 7/11/22 was continued on 8/31/22. Found guilty of all charges. Sentencing hearing on 11/18/22.

Court info from 10/6/20 thru 12/22/21 reference post #131 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-death-salem-3-oct-2020-arrests.547224/page-7

4/22/22 Update: Cause called. State appears by PA Mr. Curley. Defendant appears in person & with attorney Mr. Kirsch. Defendant waives formal arraignment on the 2nd Amended Information & enters not guilty plea. Oral motion for continuance is denied. Motion to withdraw by the Public Defender is heard. Motion to withdraw is overruled & denied. Cause passed to 6/24/22 at 11am for last date of plea. Defendant is ordered to appear.
5/25/22: Motion to endorse witnesses & notice for hearing filed by Andrew Curley. 6/6/22: 12 subpoenas served. 6/8/22: 2nd Amended motion to endorse witnesses. 6/15/22: Motion in Limine filed by Curley. Deposition notice on behalf of Abney by Thomas Kirsch. 6/22/22: Defendant's Motion in Limine filed by Kirsch. Plea hearing on 6/27/22.
8/31/22 Update: Randall Abney had his jury trial this week at the Dent County courthouse in Salem. After 90 minutes of deliberation Wednesday, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers for 2nd degree murder & abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death. His wife Susan was the key witness, testifying against her husband in the trial. Susan had already cut a plea deal in Crawford County court on a change of venue from Dent County. She pleaded guilty to abuse or neglect of a child resulting in death & her 2nd degree murder charge was dropped. Susan still awaits her sentencing which is scheduled for 10/11/22 & Randall is set to receive his sentence on 11/18/22.
*Susan A. Abney (44/now 46) (adoptive parent) – Plead guilty (2/28/22) sentencing hearing on 10/11/22 to life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back