MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this just keeps getting better. JC was wanted on the traffic stop charges in Henry County, but he was also wanted on third degree domestic assault charges against his girlfriend in Benton County. She called 911 in October 2016 and said he grabbed her and tried to choke her. Sounds like someone else we know. He turned himself in this morning for those charges. This article also states that it was JC’s girlfriend in the passenger seat when they were pulled over on September 10th.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...ns-himself-in-accused-of-attacking-girlfriend

I guess that explains why their last pic he posted was Sept of 16. I think JC getting arrested was a strategic move. I think either one they want him behind bars so he can't flee because he will be charged or they are picking him up in an attempt to gather info.

Isn't there some states that give harsher sentences for those who choke in domestic situations? I think it's choking has a psychological reason behind it. In my opinion it would be the ultimate control and that's why it happens.

Interesting stat in this article. Men that choke their partners in domestic cases *aren't* 10 times more likely to eventually murder that partner. https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsn...d-domestic-abuse-victims-likely-to-be-killed/

Per the article "Research has found that men who choked their partners were*10 times more likely*to eventually kill them." I think you accidentally said aren't however the article says are. Just clarifying. * Marks added above by me for clarity. Interesting article. Wonder if something like this will become a national standard practice. I'd support those efforts.

As always jmo.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I realized I posted the same link to this right after yours and now it won't let me edit. I'm sorry!

No worries! The more people seeking justice for these girls the better [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that explains why their last pic he posted was Sept of 16. I think JC getting arrested was a strategic move. I think either one they want him behind bars so he can't flee because he will be charged or they are picking him up in an attempt to gather info.

Isn't there some states that give harsher sentences for those who choke in domestic situations? I think it's choking has a psychological reason behind it. In my opinion it would be the ultimate control and that's why it happens.

I think it was strategic as well. The officer in the video at that news link said that if he's facing possible charges in other counties, they can come and get him once he's been to court for the charges against him in Benton County. I think it's entirely possible once he goes to Henry County on the traffic charges that he may be interrogated by KCPD. It's possible they've been trying to do just that for the past several months seeing as KY was in the vehicle on the 10th when they were pulled over. Now it seems they have their opportunity and plenty of time. Third degree assault is a Class E felony in Missouri which carries a sentence of up to four years in jail. He might want to get used to prison stripes. Looks like he's going to be there a while given his charges in Benton and Henry County. It's obvious to me that he was also an accessory to murder, which could mean life in prison depending on what they charge KY with.

Did you also notice that the profile pick that was changed of him and Kylr was the Morning that Jessica ended up disappearing...it doesn't mean anything but it is kind of creepy. <mod snip> It will be interesting to see where all of this goes!

Did you also notice that the profile pick that was changed of him and Kylr was the Morning that Jessica ended up disappearing...it doesn't mean anything but it is kind of creepy. Also from an article on-line from Heavy back in Sept. there was a post in the comments that said JC was the mastermind behind the burning of the vehicle and that KY and JC burned Jessica's clothing at JC's dad's house. The poster also said that JC and his gf the one who was carrying the gun in the car had been known to kill people before...It will be interesting to see where all of this goes!

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if JC had killed people before. I don't think he helped murder Jess, though. I think he just helped with destroying evidence and getting out of town. Based on when KY started texting other people around 2am on Friday morning after the party, I think he'd already killed her and put her in the woods. He started texting people looking for an alibi and couldn't find anyone for that purpose so he waited until Friday when his brother could come help him out.

You'd think at some point you'd reach the pinnacle of creepy with these two men, but the further you dig the weirder it gets. I get kind of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre-ish vibe. I guess it's true what they say - truth is stranger than fiction.

I think that they may be able to get JC to talk. He may not tell the whole truth, but maybe enough to seal the deal on first degree murder charge. I think it's a good sign that he turned himself in and it appears that he has a few kids who may be only people on earth he gives a damn about so maybe he will tell his side of the story for their sake. It's probably not too big of a deal to this guy to serve a few years time for some traffic violations and assault charges. But when the police start throwing around accomplice to possible first degree murder, he might rethink his tough guy stance.

I also don't see the same dead look in his eyes that I see in KY's. Maybe a little petulance, a bad temper. But not the sociopathic stare of someone who enjoys killing people and the control derived from it. He can avoid a life sentence if little brother is charged with 1st degree murder if he is forthcoming about the events that transpired after KY killed Jessica and put her in the woods.

Per the article "Research has found that men who choked their partners were*10 times more likely*to eventually kill them." I think you accidentally said aren't however the article says are. Just clarifying. * Marks added above by me for clarity. Interesting article. Wonder if something like this will become a national standard practice. I'd support those efforts.

As always jmo.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yes my bad. Just a late night typo.

Article about Jessica's celebration of life, held today and organized by her younger sister. http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/hundreds-gather-for-jessica-runionss-memorial

A few more links about the memorial here:

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/family-and-friends-to-celebrate-life-of-jessica-runions

http://fox4kc.com/2017/04/29/hundreds-gather-for-celebration-of-life-of-jessica-runions/

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article147650129.html

Close to 300 people attended her memorial. Her family has asked that in lieu of flowers, a donation be made to the Jessica Runions Foundation: https://www.youcaring.com/meganandmichaelarunions-797589

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if JC had killed people before. I don't think he helped murder Jess, though. I think he just helped with destroying evidence and getting out of town. Based on when KY started texting other people around 2am on Friday morning after the party, I think he'd already killed her and put her in the woods. He started texting people looking for an alibi and couldn't find anyone for that purpose so he waited until Friday when his brother could come help him out.

You'd think at some point you'd reach the pinnacle of creepy with these two men, but the further you dig the weirder it gets. I get kind of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre-ish vibe. I guess it's true what they say - truth is stranger than fiction.

I think that they may be able to get JC to talk. He may not tell the whole truth, but maybe enough to seal the deal on first degree murder charge. I think it's a good sign that he turned himself in and it appears that he has a few kids who may be only people on earth he gives a damn about so maybe he will tell his side of the story for their sake. It's probably not too big of a deal to this guy to serve a few years time for some traffic violations and assault charges. But when the police start throwing around accomplice to possible first degree murder, he might rethink his tough guy stance.

I also don't see the same dead look in his eyes that I see in KY's. Maybe a little petulance, a bad temper. But not the sociopathic stare of someone who enjoys killing people and the control derived from it. He can avoid a life sentence if little brother is charged with 1st degree murder if he is forthcoming about the events that transpired after KY killed Jessica and put her in the woods.

Im not 100% on JC and him rolling on KY. If he feels his kids are in good hands he will put some time in behind bars. Kids raised in harsh abusive circumstances form a bond that is hard to break. You understand why they act like they act or even react. The real question will be is he actually someone who cares about what KY is done. He may be there for him no matter what and he may have helped destroy evidence but all along he could have felt it was wrong. I guess time will tell. I would not be surprised if he had a role in KKs death though. He was younger, less of a conscience and his brother was facing charges.

I will add something else related to JC committing the assault on 10/2. I had contacted, what I thought at the time was JC. This was on 10/1. Most of the discussion involved KY, nothing that hasn't been talked about on here before. What's ironic is when I had contacted JamieR's JR's mother(around Feb or March of this year), she or whoever was running the page told me they thought I was talking to Crystal and not JC. The owner of JamieR's facebook thought maybe JC choked the girlfriend for opening her mouth when I was asking her questions about KY. I don't know if this is really true, but the timing was certainly interesting.

I also wanted to state that I felt that KY's grandfather got a bad deal in all of this. There were a lot of people that had accused him of being part of the crime, when there was absolutely 0 evidence to support it. I think he loved his grandson and was probably in denial when they questioned him, given the circumstances, is understandable. He was overprotective of him, but that's all he's guilty of.

I also wanted to state that I felt that KY's grandfather got a bad deal in all of this. There were a lot of people that had accused him of being part of the crime, when there was absolutely 0 evidence to support it. I think he loved his grandson and was probably in denial when they questioned him, given the circumstances, is understandable. He was overprotective of him, but that's all he's guilty of.

I agree. I admit, I've been a little critical of him but I honestly don't think he knows anything regarding Jessica.

Grandpa said in one of those interviews the media did with him after his home was searched in September that he thought his grandson was doing better. He thought KY was trying to get his life on track and do the right thing.

I think he was hopeful that this time, his grandson was finally going to grow up and take some responsibility for himself and take advantage of his opportunities. KY could have gotten that apprenticeship at the tattoo parlor if he'd been focused and driven to succeed. He probably could have had a promising start to a career if he hadn’t messed everything up for everyone.

I think the man you see in those interviews after the searches was in shock. I don’t think he knows anything about Jessica. I don’t think he has inside information about her disappearance or death. I think he honestly was hopeful that KY was finally doing the right thing and the next thing he knows, he’s waking up to news that his grandson has been arrested in Edwards for knowingly burning the car of a woman he was last seen leaving a party with and that said woman is missing.
KY's mask was finally pulled off and the real monster was revealed in the full light of day.

I think that grandpa probably witnessed KY’s temper and psychological issues over the years but he loves him and defends him because that’s what family does.
That doesn’t mean he lacks integrity or that he doesn’t have a good heart. He's just trying to make sense out of everything. He has to be a good man to open his home to KY after years and years of his mistakes. I just think maybe he’s let the wool be pulled down over his eyes for too long and he’s finally waking up to the reality of what and who is grandson is.

He’s confused about how all of this could happen and perhaps blames himself to some extent. His heart is broken. That’s what I see.

I agree. I admit, I've been a little critical of him but I honestly don't think he knows anything regarding Jessica.

Grandpa said in one of those interviews the media did with him after his home was searched in September that he thought his grandson was doing better. He thought KY was trying to get his life on track and do the right thing.

I think he was hopeful that this time, his grandson was finally going to grow up and take some responsibility for himself and take advantage of his opportunities. KY could have gotten that apprenticeship at the tattoo parlor if he'd been focused and driven to succeed. He probably could have had a promising start to a career if he hadn&#8217;t messed everything up for everyone.

I think the man you see in those interviews after the searches was in shock. I don&#8217;t think he knows anything about Jessica. I don&#8217;t think he has inside information about her disappearance or death. I think he honestly was hopeful that KY was finally doing the right thing and the next thing he knows, he&#8217;s waking up to news that his grandson has been arrested in Edwards for knowingly burning the car of a woman he was last seen leaving a party with and that said woman is missing.
KY's mask was finally pulled off and the real monster was revealed in the full light of day.

I think that grandpa probably witnessed KY&#8217;s temper and psychological issues over the years but he loves him and defends him because that&#8217;s what family does.
That doesn&#8217;t mean he lacks integrity or that he doesn&#8217;t have a good heart. He's just trying to make sense out of everything. He has to be a good man to open his home to KY after years and years of his mistakes. I just think maybe he&#8217;s let the wool be pulled down over his eyes for too long and he&#8217;s finally waking up to the reality of what and who is grandson is.

He&#8217;s confused about how all of this could happen and perhaps blames himself to some extent. His heart is broken. That&#8217;s what I see.

This makes me incredibly sad to think about. I hope he has someone to care for him and help him reconcile what I am sure are very difficult thoughts and feelings.

Regarding JC's girlfriend, I think this may have been posted upthread already but here is what she had to say about him as of Nov 2016 http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/kylr-...tos-raymore-missouri-charges/#comment-2490783 If you follow that, you can find more of her opinions on Facebook.

This makes me incredibly sad to think about. I hope he has someone to care for him and help him reconcile what I am sure are very difficult thoughts and feelings.

Regarding JC's girlfriend, I think this may have been posted upthread already but here is what she had to say about him as of Nov 2016 http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/kylr-...tos-raymore-missouri-charges/#comment-2490783 If you follow that, you can find more of her opinions on Facebook.

With all respect and JMO I don't think that the Crystal who posted those comments is JCs girlfriend Crystal. The poster spelled JCs name wrong. I doubt his gf would do that. Jmo of course

With all respect and JMO I don't think that the Crystal who posted those comments is JCs girlfriend Crystal. The poster spelled JCs name wrong. I doubt his gf would do that. Jmo of course

It may not be her. It’s possible though that her phone/computer “corrected” the name with automatic word suggestions. Mine does it all the time even though I have it turned off. Drives me crazy.

I do have a hard time with the part about not KY not being smart enough to hide bodies no will find with the example of his stupidity being that he told a judge to eat a steak for him. That was his arrogant, smart mouth side coming out. I don’t really think he’s stupid. Stupid may be a mask he puts on to make people feel sorry for him. Or to make himself appear less intimidating.

Does he have a superior level of intelligence? No. He’s intelligent when it comes to killing. He’s cunning and conniving and manipulative. He’s sociopathic. Stupid though? I personally don’t think so. If he were stupid, we'd have found Kara years ago because he would have left her somewhere obvious along with a trail of footprints, blood, DNA, clothes, or whatever might obviously link him to her murder.

His problem this time was that he wasn't in possession of his own vehicle so it made it much more difficult for him to maneuver. Had he not been on probabtion and had he had his own truck and had been the one driving to the party instead of Jessica, this would have gone a lot differently. He'd likely still be out there wreaking havoc. The vehicle and whatever evidence LE has been able to pull from it may be LE's ace in the hole, so to speak.

Family, friends gather at IBEW hall to celebrate life of Jessica Runions

Hundreds of people gathered Saturday to honor the life of Jessica Runions, a Raymore woman whose remains were found earlier this month after a seven-month search.

Close to 300 people attended the event at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union 124in south Kansas City.

After more than a dozen people spoke in remembrance of Jessica Runions, her mother, Jamie, thanked everyone who aided in the search.

“Throughout this whole thing, whether you were praying, helping search, or you just came out to pass out fliers, whatever you did, you are the reason why we all have strength,” Jamie Runions said. “I just want to say thank you. Without you guys we wouldn’t be as strong as we are.”

Family, friends gather at IBEW hall to celebrate life of Jessica Runions

I can't remember the last time, if ever, a case has impacted me like this one. It's just heartbreaking. Haunting. Maybe it's because it's so close to home. Maybe it's because of how long Kara's case has dragged on or how this could have been prevented if the ball hadn't been dropped all those years ago.

The strength of Jessica's family (and Kara's too) is just amazing. They are unbreakable. And now they have two beautiful angels watching down over them, guiding and protecting them. Fly high, sweet girls. We'll be here until the end. :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Named in media and incarcerated so this should be OK to post. https://www.facebook.com/jessep.carter

Carter is JC and KY's mom's side of the family.

Note that Crystal uses an alias on FB but her url is her name and middle name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miket377