MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been mushroom hunting, but do you just walk around and look for them or is there some digging to do? Wonder how he located the bodies, were they completely buried or was this a shallow type grave

Usually no digging, but sometimes you do get pretty close to the ground because they can be hard to see. I could see if you saw something white in the ground you could think it was a partially buried mushroom, and then realize its a skull. The remains must have become exposed from the elements over time, is my guess. I'm not an expert, but I've mushroom hunted many times.

Oh, wow.... is this search finally going to come to a close ??
Please let there be answers for Kara and Jessica's families !!!

For them -- this will never really end. But I want to see them laid to rest in a respectful manner.

I have no words for the worthless, hideous monster, KY. At least none that I'll use here.

4SAM, please take this with a grain of salt because I don't know the person directly that found the skull (he told someone, who told someone, who told me). He parked his vehicle on the gravel, got out and went about 20 feet towards the trees (mushrooms are often found near trees), as he was walking he was shuffling the leaves (I'm not sure with his foot or with a stick/something similar), but he moved some leaves and a skull was "staring back at him." I heard that teeth were still in tact. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by relaying this information.

We did receive a phone call from the sheriff's office yesterday afternoon letting us know that there would be a strong police presence in the area for the next few days. Y Hwy is still closed from YY to Cleveland. It's cold, rainy, and extremely windy here today, so I'm sure it's miserable working conditions.

4SAM, please take this with a grain of salt because I don't know the person directly that found the skull (he told someone, who told someone, who told me). He parked his vehicle on the gravel, got out and went about 20 feet towards the trees (mushrooms are often found near trees), as he was walking he was shuffling the leaves (I'm not sure with his foot or with a stick/something similar), but he moved some leaves and a skull was "staring back at him." I heard that teeth were still in tact. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by relaying this information.

We did receive a phone call from the sheriff's office yesterday afternoon letting us know that there would be a strong police presence in the area for the next few days. Y Hwy is still closed from YY to Cleveland. It's cold, rainy, and extremely windy here today, so I'm sure it's miserable working conditions.

I understand. I have tried to keep up with Kara disappearance all these years. Since I was living up there at the time. Just hoping for closure. Thank you for the insight.

I sincerely hope they have found Kara and Jessica, so that the families can get their girls home and grieve properly. I'd like to think that KY will get what he deserves but right now that's secondary.

The remains have not been identified, and the families are waiting for word.

How quickly the identifications are made depends on how much of a skeleton is intact and how much is recovered at the site and the surrounding area, Frayer said.

[snip]

“There are lots of little things to look for,” Frayer said.

Depending on how much is recovered, it could take days or it could take weeks.

The families now wait.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article142840149.html

Usually no digging, but sometimes you do get pretty close to the ground because they can be hard to see. I could see if you saw something white in the ground you could think it was a partially buried mushroom, and then realize its a skull. The remains must have become exposed from the elements over time, is my guess. I'm not an expert, but I've mushroom hunted many times.
And you scan every nook and cranny bc they are so small ...I love mushroom hunting, I couldn't imagine finding a skull. We always go to desolate areas, you don't want somewhere that is well traveled and certain facing hillsides and trees are where to start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

And you scan every nook and cranny bc they are so small ...I love mushroom hunting, I couldn't imagine finding a skull. We always go to desolate areas, you don't want somewhere that is well traveled and certain facing hillsides and trees are where to start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Very true, your eyes seem to become more accustomed to looking for details. So glad these people happened to be out there right in that spot doing so.

There was a discovery show a few years ago on truffle mushroom and ginseng picking ... Big business in some areas of the country

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, who owns the property? Perhaps that's why LE thinks it's Kara and Jessica.

i think its the way Kara's mouth and teeth look. its distinctive. if CarlK were here he could prob explain it better.

I'm wondering if maybe they found remnants of clothing or other identifying evidence that makes LE believe (unofficially until proven) that these are the missing girls. They may have given the moms more information than the public knows about at this time. Beyond sad, but maybe it will at least bring closure to the grieving families. I can't think of anything worse than never knowing. R.I.P. Dear Girls

i think its the way Kara's mouth and teeth look. its distinctive. if CarlK were here he could prob explain it better.
I was thinking this as well. Her features are very pronounced and unique. That alone may have been enough to prompt law enforcement to call the mothers. It's possible that there may have also been clothing fragments, hair, or other forensic evidence that led to LE believing this is the girls. That and the incident report that was filed after Kara went missing stating that KY was seen driving on highway Y around noon the day she was reported missing. I feel like the media is being fed just enough tidbits of information to keep them at bay until this investigation can be completed in Peculiar. This has all the potential to be a three ring circus affair if not handled correctly, given the amount of time people have been waiting for answers and the notoriety of the main suspect. It all seems to add up. We just need the confirmation. I really hope they can do this with dental records, otherwise this could drag on for a while. I cannot begin to imagine what these girls' mothers are going through right now. What a tortuous nightmare.

now that i look again, Jessica's teeth are unique too. she has the one squared off tooth to the side.

I was thinking this as well. Her features are very pronounced and unique. That alone may have been enough to prompt law enforcement to call the mothers. It's possible that there may have also been clothing fragments, hair, or other forensic evidence that led to LE believing this is the girls. That and the incident report that was filed after Kara went missing stating that KY was seen driving on highway Y around noon the day she was reported missing. I feel like the media is being fed just enough tidbits of information to keep them at bay until this investigation can be completed in Peculiar. This has all the potential to be a three ring circus affair if not handled correctly, given the amount of time people have been waiting for answers and the notoriety of the main suspect. It all seems to add up. We just need the confirmation. I really hope they can do this with dental records, otherwise this could drag on for a while. I cannot begin to imagine what these girls' mothers are going through right now. What a tortuous nightmare.

I saw Kara's story on a Discovery ID show years ago and was saddened it was unsolved still. I learned of Jessica's case a couple months ago and realized at that point they were connected. So sad. I have been lurking on Jessica's thread and hoping for peace for the families and saw this today about the skulls possibly being the girls. I hope this is it. I hope both of them can be laid to rest and the families finally can stop wondering where their loved ones are. As for KY, I hope he never knows freedom again.

Sorry if this is a dumb question...but have they found only skulls and no other bones?

So, who owns the property? Perhaps that's why LE thinks it's Kara and Jessica.
Map of the intersection of Y Highway and E 233rd Street in Peculiar: https://goo.gl/maps/zFYp1v7JUXJ2 Zooming in, you can see a large farm next to the woods. It's possible those woods where the remains were found are on that property. KY did tell tales about a pig farm where he knew he could get rid of evidence and no one would ever know what happened. Searching on Google, this appears to be a dairy farm, comprised of a couple hundred acres. It's possible he was referencing this area and just embellishing his story to see who would believe him and who would tell. How he might know the area though, if these remains are the girls, is a mystery to me.

Saying prayers for these girls and their loved ones.

KY needs to get the DP.

I will never forget watching a fight club video of KY. He is one vicious individual.

I feel like this comment was glossed over but, mood disorders are definitely diseases. You can see them on a SPECT scan of the brain. Now Kylr may very well have one of the 2 that are currently untreatable but let's not lump him in with a large number of people who suffer from a brain disease and are nice law abiding citizens. There is a TEdtalk on SPECT scanning and brain diseases you might find very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member