MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate asking this but...wouldn't there be more of Jessica's remains then just a skull?
I would expect that with Kara, after nearly 10 years...but with Jessica, I feel like there would be less decomposition and there would be more remains still in tact. No?

I hate asking this but...wouldn't there be more of Jessica's remains then just a skull?
I would expect that with Kara, after nearly 10 years...but with Jessica, I feel like there would be less decomposition and there would be more remains still in tact. No?

No , Not likely . Dosent take long esp with animals ect .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Kohlhepp had a certain type and a personal dumping grounds as well.

So this guy may have more victims. Jmo.

I hope kylr is FREAKING OUT in jail right now. I hope he doesn't have one moment of peace of mind or sleep.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Guys, please forgive me. I have not followed either of these cases, but have been skimming them a bit (I'm distracted by Kohlhepp stuff right now)

Do these poor girls both have this Kylr person in common?

As an avid woods dweller and mushroom forager, as well as a WS member, this kind of 'find' is never far from my mind. Unsettling, to say the very least.

I researched this for another case, sadly. Complete decomposition is faster than you might think.

Though we don’t know precisely how long it takes many specific animals to decay, we do have some numbers: A large whale could take up to 16 years to become skeletonized, according to a Naturepaper about carrion. Small animals like a pig or a rat take a few days. Human remains, as Wescott mention above, take at least three months.

https://weather.com/science/news/flesh-bone-what-role-weather-plays-body-decomposition-20131031

Kara was his on and off gf and disappeared a few days after she filed a RO on him for abuse.

Jessica was last seen leaving a party with him. he is in custody for burning her car.

there was abuse w girlfriends in between.

Guys, please forgive me. I have not followed either of these cases, but have been skimming them a bit (I'm distracted by Kohlhepp stuff right now)

Do these poor girls both have this Kylr person in common?

As an avid woods dweller and mushroom forager, as well as a WS member, this kind of 'find' is never far from my mind. Unsettling, to say the very least.

First time poster and have been following the Liberty & Abby thread diligently, but had to pop up in this one to post a link to this article. I don't know how to post up pics, but there is a pic in this article that is of Kansas City Missouri Incident report that was filed with the locals and notified to the FBI agent on this case. It is a statement from a witness (named blacked out) about one TY and his travels on the day Miss Kopetsky disappeared. Witness states that he saw TY travelling in TY's pickup truck southbound on Road Y and that they continued south past the intersection with Route YY. According to the awesome map above ... travelling south on Y past YY will take you on a path that directly lines up with where the remains have been found. Witness also says it would be extremely unusual for KY to be in that area ... ergo his reporting of it

http://www.kmbc.com/article/police-call-families-of-2-missing-women-after-second-skull-found/9229881

Here is a link to the rest of his court documents for anyone curious https://www.scribd.com/lists/17363609/Kylr-Yust-Court-Documents

Also great article from a retired anthropologist explaining how the identification and investigation is likely going:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article142840149.html

Kadoober: I posted a link to a full summary of Jessica's case in Page 2 here I think. It will get you caught up. KY was Kara's boyfriend in high school (Jessica is about 8 years younger than everyone else in this story)

I have been trying to find the info on the property since yesterday but I am not really that great at property searches. That farm across the way is a family owned dairy farm (no pigs) that I haven't found any connection. I have a feeling this spot was picked for the landmark - from google street view, you would be totally out of view of anyone or any houses or any traffic in either direction but ahead of you if you pulled over on the side of the road southbound and walked a hundred yards into the trees. You'd have the landmark of the curve, the culvert and the edge of the field to always know where you were.

I really can't believe they weren't placed in the culvert. Whenever perps bury bodies in shallow graves I just wonder how they didn't think of the many better ways to go about it.

That tells me I spend too much time thinking about this stuff.

Guys, please forgive me. I have not followed either of these cases, but have been skimming them a bit (I'm distracted by Kohlhepp stuff right now) Do these poor girls both have this Kylr person in common? As an avid woods dweller and mushroom forager, as well as a WS member, this kind of 'find' is never far from my mind. Unsettling, to say the very least.
Yes, they do both unfortunately have him in common. Kara had more of a serious, albeit tumultuous relationship with him while Jessica seemed to be more of a friend with whom he became obsessed. More info can on his background be found here: http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/kylr-...ord-facebook-photos-raymore-missouri-charges/ And more on the girls and the connection here: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jessica...irlfriend-kara-kopetsky-who-vanished-in-2007/

I was looking at KY's facebook and realized he has a tattoo on his stomach that says "lupo" which means "wolf"... gave me chills. Also I saw someone else ask if these mushroom hunters had been in this area before, as most tend to return to the same spot repeatedly if they've had success. that would be good to know.

Here is a link to the rest of his court documents for anyone curious https://www.scribd.com/lists/17363609/Kylr-Yust-Court-Documents Also great article from a retired anthropologist explaining how the identification and investigation is likely going: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article142840149.html Kadoober: I posted a link to a full summary of Jessica's case in Page 2 here I think. It will get you caught up. KY was Kara's boyfriend in high school (Jessica is about 8 years younger than everyone else in this story) I have been trying to find the info on the property since yesterday but I am not really that great at property searches. That farm across the way is a family owned dairy farm (no pigs) that I haven't found any connection. I have a feeling this spot was picked for the landmark - from google street view, you would be totally out of view of anyone or any houses or any traffic in either direction but ahead of you if you pulled over on the side of the road southbound and walked a hundred yards into the trees. You'd have the landmark of the curve, the culvert and the edge of the field to always know where you were. I really can't believe they weren't placed in the culvert. Whenever perps bury bodies in shallow graves I just wonder how they didn't think of the many better ways to go about it. That tells me I spend too much time thinking about this stuff.
You are not alone, I've spent way too much time thinking it all over too. Most of what you've said here has crossed my mind as well. I think at the point he put the girls there, he was just in flight mode. Get in, get rid of the evidence, get out before you get caught. I just read this thing on Bundy and he said after a muder, a killer usually goes into flight mode and becomes very panicky and paranoid about being caught. They aren't worried so much about a perfect grave or burial, they just want to get it done. It gives me chills thinking about KY with the girls down in those woods, with those houses so close by. Seems he may have known this area somewhat (based on the police/incident report that was filed about him being on Highway Y when Kara went missing) and that he was trying to find a place that couldn't easily be linked back to him. He may have figured they wouldn't look directly at him as a suspect since it wasn't an area he had clear associations with.

I'd be willing to bet that KY messed himself when he heard that the remains were found. His expression when told would be priceless as t his knowing whether it was them or not.

JMO

I know this must have been covered before, so forgive me...I've only followed the threads for Kara sporadically and a Jessica a bit more, but:

How is Kylr's first name pronounced? Is it his birth name?

(I can't be the only one who reads in my mind as "killer", am I?)

I was looking at KY's facebook and realized he has a tattoo on his stomach that says "lupo" which means "wolf"... gave me chills. Also I saw someone else ask if these mushroom hunters had been in this area before, as most tend to return to the same spot repeatedly if they've had success. that would be good to know.
I noticed that tattoo as well. It also says mob in big capital letters behind it. I believe that is a reference to the Italian mob boss Ignazio Lupo. He was known as Lupo the Wolf. He was a Black Hand leader in Little Italy, Manhattan. He ran a large extortion ring that committed robberies, murders, etc. He later merged with others in the Bronx and became the boss of the Morello crime family. He was arrested in the early 1900s. I believe he was suspected of over 60 murders.

I noticed that tattoo as well. It also says mob in big capital letters behind it. I believe that is a reference to the Italian mob boss Ignazio Lupo. He was known as Lupo the Wolf. He was a Black Hand leader in Little Italy, Manhattan. He ran a large extortion ring that committed robberies, murders, etc. He later merged with others in the Bronx and became the boss of the Morello crime family. He was arrested in the early 1900s. I believe he was suspected of over 60 murders.
That's an unsettling yet unsurprising role model for him

I know this must have been covered before, so forgive me...I've only followed the threads for Kara sporadically and a Jessica a bit more, but: How is Kylr's first name pronounced? Is it his birth name? (I can't be the only one who reads in my mind as "killer", am I?)
No, I think most people read it as killer but it is pronounced with a long y. Like Tyler with a K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1