MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many people that have offered to start doing a search party and i am pretty sure that some of her friends have gone out searching in different areas that they knew she would go to walk and such...well at least i know that I did. I am not sure what is going on with the search party but i am thinking that if i don't hear anything from her parents about it within the next day or so i am going to talk to them about it and see why they have not done that yet...however i do know that some people have already mentioned it to her mom and her aunt.

Yeah i know i was thinking the same thing. I moved so i don't live in
Belton anymore (even though im always down here) but our school had security cameras in the parking lot area too...they were everywhere and there are security guards that make sure you have a pass to be able to leave the school...

I live about 2 minutes from BHS....it seems like there is always a group of kids hanging outside the building. Perhaps the schools have gone back to the more "country" mentality that bad stuff just doesn't happen out here....

I know RPHS became way more secured after Dwayne Townsend was killed at the 93 graduation party...

yeah I think that has been one of the most frustrating things throughout all of this. It is just sad that she has been missing over a month and now that Kelsey's case has unfortunately come out the way that it has....they are finally thinking that maybe there should be a little more urgency in finding out what has happenend to her. Idk it is just VERY frustruating.

I live in JOCO and until Kelsey was kidnapped I hadn't heard if Kara. I do watch local TV and we take the Star...but I'd not heard anything about her.

Was the media covering this pior to Kelsey's abduction, and I just missed it? I am just baffled by this. Why not a media blitz when she went missing? How on earth do they know what happened to her if they don't let people know she's missing?

The reason it hasn't had as much attention is because Kara's family is not as media savvy as say Kelsey's family or Madeleine McCann's family. If you can work the media you can keep your child's face out there. Cheko is right, they should organize searches get the local folks involved, invite the media, raise money with fundraisers, but always have the media present. Give press conferences atleast once a week. Just keep people in the local area involved with helping. Kelsey's case may have only taken a few days but they were so good with the media that they were showing that target video on my news in Philadelphia. Why? We certainly were not going to recognize the guy here. But once they got it out there the national media picked it up and ran with it. And I guess being in LE her dad knew how to work the media. Not to be offensive to Kara's parents but they are letting themselves get walked all over with this...they just seem to be really nice people who take no for an answer to much. They need to just stop being so nice and start telling people how it's going to work from now on. I want my daughter back and this is what I'm doing to get her back and YOU ARE GOING TO HELP ME BY DOING THIS.....GOT IT? Okay, I'll shut up now...my keyboard is on fire.....

I know that Kara's parents have been doing EVERYTHING that they can this entire time to get the media envolved and get the police to do more, but unfortunately the media wants a story and up until Kelsey was found within 6 miles of where Kara lived...there has been nothing. It just saddens me that it took something so terrible to happen to get Kara's story out there....it is so upsetting. I do understand what you are saying and they have finally been told now that any events that they put together the media will now be present....
Also there was an actual video of Kelsey being taken...and unfortunately there is NOTHING for what happened to Kara she just seemed to disappeared....

There are many people that have offered to start doing a search party and i am pretty sure that some of her friends have gone out searching in different areas that they knew she would go to walk and such...well at least i know that I did. I am not sure what is going on with the search party but i am thinking that if i don't hear anything from her parents about it within the next day or so i am going to talk to them about it and see why they have not done that yet...however i do know that some people have already mentioned it to her mom and her aunt.
I believe that YOU can get this started!!

Kinda like this you have to be assertive to get the media involved. Her folks I'm sure are very nice & sweet no doubt in my mind. BUT........they want her back & have to do something get people to work for them. I bet if her Mom gave a press conference begging for the medias halp they'd do any & everything they could. All she'd have to do is say we are in dire fear for her safety & the unknown is driving me crazy.

Also if someone got the rumor going that Kara's family is going to start a lawsuit against the school for 55 million $$$$ for gross negligence that would turn a few heads & get people jumping.

Her family really does need to put some pressure on these people!! I can not believe that it wouldnt have more before!

FKK, IF you dont mind what are your feelings here? Have you read the whole thread and if so do you believe some said here to be right in your feelings?

Her family really does need to put some pressure on these people!! I can not believe that it wouldnt have more before!

Maybe the family should have someone takeover. Make a list......
who to notify
who to call in the media
threaten school board with massive lawsuit
call LE ask what there next course of action is
Keep pressuring them

I know that the entire time that Kara has been missing her parents have been contacting all of the news stations and everyone they can to try to get them to cover Kara's story...and until now only a few had been doing that. I do understand that they could be more commanding about the whole thing and that is not who they are...it is hard b/c they don't have all the connections and they are taking what they have and trying to do what they can...
However i do like the press conference idea. I think that they should let everyone know that they need to get this story out and they need all of the help that they can get in doing so.

All they have to do is call LE & ask them to set up a press conference....
If they don't want to read a statement then maybe you can do it.

This has been going on for over a month & no answers...they need help now! Attention is still on the case. If they let it slip by it is a injustice.

Unfortunately Kara is a very trusting person and i wouldn't put it past her to do that....I mean if someone drove up and said hey im going here, do you want to come along...she may go with them just thinking that she would be back in time for work. But yes she would...I mean im not proud of it but her and i have done that b4 when we were hanging out and just wanted to go drive around town...now that i think back that was a stupid thing to do.

Don't feel bad, but feel fortunate. I can't judge what you did. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley during the 70's. My friends and I used to hitchike to the beach all the time. BTW, welcome!

Indy, thank you so much for weeding through the red tape and getting her here.

Maybe the family should have someone takeover. Make a list......
who to notify
who to call in the media
threaten school board with massive lawsuit
call LE ask what there next course of action is
Keep pressuring them

They need to contact Roger Kemp. He'll get the ball rolling. He's the one that got the Kelsey billboards up so quickly. I'll need to look around for the number.

His daughter Ali was murdered awhile back in Leawood, Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper