VT VT - Roberta Martin, 82, neigh went to check on her and didn't find her at home, suspicious, Enosburgh, Franklin County, 16 Jul 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we'll hear about murder charges as soon as tomorrow. We know they executed a search warrant on that nearby house, and Roberta being found away from her home indicates to me that someone was trying to put distance between themselves and the crime. There's no reason for a random perpetrator to remove her from the scene, and every reason for someone who knew her to do that. That's also why someone known to her would kill her in the first place, especially if they were stealing from her.

I think they know who did this.

I suppose we’ll hear something once the ME formally confirms the cause and manner of death. While we wait, a couple of scenarios run through my mind:
Allegedly there were signs of a break in and some duct tape was found in and around RM’s house. I wonder if RM awakened to someone breaking in and came face to face with the perpetrator. If they tied her up using the tape, perhaps she broke loose and ran outside to flee them and became confused/lost in the dark. She may even have had a heart attack.
If she knew the person, she may have run to the woods to hide.
If it was a neighbor who was involved and knew that RM had seen them, she may have been killed so she couldn’t report him to the police.
I hope whatever happened, that RM did not suffer. RIP

I'm sad but not surprised to hear this news. What a horrible way for 82 years on Earth to end.

My condolences to Roberta's loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back