GUILTY MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 in 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 in 2016; found deceased - *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We're pretty sure the jurors have asked for multiple cell phone records. They wanted a map of Jackson/Cass county lines. It appears to me that they are trying to pinpoint phone pings & make sure they know what county they pinged in at what time. I could be wrong! #YustTrial
https://twitter.com/SarahPlakeTV/status/1382815657771761666?s=20

Reminder: If Yust is found guilty of first-degree murder, it's an automatic life sentence. If the jury finds him guilty of a lesser charge, the jury would hear victim impact statements & decide on a sentence. #YustTrial

https://twitter.com/SarahPlakeTV/status/1382817033482477571?s=20

((in my opinion, I don't know why the judge wouldn't have allowed a map from the get-go since none of the jurors are from there. Not like they would have been able to draw the map on their notes or memorize it either, but just my amateur opinion))

Last edited:
Sherae Honeycutt@sheraehoneycutt
Judge Collins says normally he would never send anything like this out of evidence back but because the jury is from out of the area it creates an issue they can’t get around. I don’t know what they scratched out on the note. #YustTrial
5:18 PM · Apr 15, 2021

Sherae Honeycutt@sheraehoneycutt
The state brings in the map, but there is a new issue. Judge Collins says there is something crossed out on the note and has counsel review it. Yust’s lawyers don’t want to send the map back until she discusses the note with Yust in private.
5:18 PM · Apr 15, 2021

So, in my mind, they’re trying to see if it was even possible that Jessup was in fact in the area during that timeframe? And if not their conclusion is that KY is the culprit?

So, in my mind, they’re trying to see if it was even possible that Jessup was in fact in the area during that timeframe? And if not their conclusion is that KY is the culprit?
yep that sounds right

1m
This was the information the Jury requested... Special Agent Hauger said Jessep Carter's cell phone was in the Lake of the Ozarks area on 9-8-16 day of Jessica Runions' disappearance and on 9-9-16 as well.
@41actionnews

8m

Now knowing the records the jury asked to see were ones that confirm Jessup to be @ the lake during the time Jessica went missing, & knowing the have a map to see how far away that is, I feel the jury is going to come back with a guilty plea.

Apr 9
Back up to night of Sept. 8, 2016, when Jessica went missing. Prosecutor: If Jessep had been gone and not around, that would've stuck out in your mind? Taylor: Yes. Prosecutor: Jessep was with you? Taylor: Yes.
ETA I wish the Pros had reminded the jury there is 0 evidence to support Kylr's claims that JC was with him and Kara the day she disappeared or that JC even knew her.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky
Back