MO - Laclede Co., Hunter Finds Body in Box, Nov'08 - Sharon Sabla

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No idea. Maybe one of us can send in a tip to her.

I will send an email to Greta. She has responded to me before for the Amber Harris case. Never hurts to try.

Here is the first national story on this ... Baltimore has it:
http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/...=a3ac677f-67a3-4a15-8d55-0119c446476f&rss=702

LEBANON, Mo. – Authorities in southern Missouri say a murdered woman found encased in cement and stuffed in a toolbox had been dead about 10 days when she was found.

same old, same old ...

A hunting party discovered the container on Nov. 15 in a wooded area of Laclede County in southern Missouri. A coroner estimated the woman had been dead for about 10 days.

On Monday, the Missouri State Highway Patrol offered new details about the woman in an effort to learn who she was.

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2008/12/02/news_state/029state35remains.txt

Considering I have a over 500 posts, I would say that I am no longer a "newbie". I read and study a lot cases. On this forum and others. So, if I make a mistake and accidentally give credit to someone that doesn't deserve the accolades, please do not belittle me. (or any other poster) The smilie pointing a finger to the temple was a bit much for me.......

Honestly, does it matter who originally posts a thought or idea? To any "newbies" who may have been offended by janiekay's remark, please don't be. Any all people are welcome on Websleuths. Everyone has something to contribute. Read Tricia's opening page, and she will tell you the same thing.

That was definately NOT my intent! Jane in Oz is correct, I was talking to her. Just a random thought about sometimes feeling ignored, but to not let it get her down!!! I was just trying to sympathize with her, and was not referring to your post at all! So, again, I'm very sorry if my post offended you or anyone else in any way.:blowkiss: I was not trying to belittle anyone. I was trying to lift Jane's spirit, so I guess it backfired!!! (Kind of like my smilie;o))) Which I used in reference to me and my thoughts...I just talk, talk, talk, ect!!! I just stick them in because they are cute, never to insult!

As for being a newbie, I don't consider myself "new" to websleuth's either, even though I only have 125 posts. I do a LOT of reading, and not much posting. BUT, when I look at some of the people posting on WS's with numbers like 14,000!!! I think HOLY $hit Sherlock!!!! I'll never get that many posts--EVER!!! But as to my reference to "oldtimers", that is what someone told me when I was posting to a thread, and my comments were just being ignored, like I wasn't even there. I just kept posting, though, and that person told me not to sweat it...that some of the oldtimers(her word not mine) ignored newbies, and to just post to another thread or some such.

About the media blitz, passion, I hope I didn't offend you either! It was my point that it is so unfortunate that some cases get sooooo much media, while others hardly a notice. Why is the Caylee Anthony case so much more publicized than this case??? All cases involving an unidentified victim need to be BLASTED all over the media!!! When I see the number of unidentified victims on the doe network, it just makes me sick. Every single one of those cases is an example of how someone got away with murder.

I usually get on here in the evenings and sometimes it has been a long day. Maybe that is why I read more than post. I do choose one or two cases that pique my interest, and post to them if I feel I have something to add. Sometimes I just post to mention that I'm keeping the family in my prayers, just like I am for the poor woman in this thread. It caught my eye, because I used to live in MO, and have been in this area before. ALSO, it is bizarre, with the toolbox, the cement, the location, the lack of any info, or media.

OK, now, I have to stop my self from talking sooooo much! You see, that was my point...I just keep going and going and going, much like the energizer bunny. LOL

I hope we're all good here, because I'd hate to have to post another page-long post as to why I write what I think or think about what I write or....

Well, you get my point, yes??????:crazy: (that smilie is discribing me;>) And don't worry, you didn't offend me with your post! I do think that sometimes posts just are much more impersonal and easier to take in the wrong way. That is why I'm sometimes smilie crazy. I think they lighten the tone of the post. I guess I was wrong about that:(

I hope we're all good here, because I'd hate to have to post another page-long post as to why I write what I think or think about what I write or....

(snipped and bold is mine)

GOD YEAH :crazy::) LOL :blowkiss:

Hi, all. I just happened to read this thread tonight. I do hope that someone who may have missed a relative at Thanksgiving will report them missing. I am from a large family and have brothers and sisters living all over the country. We see each other at Thanksgiving every year.
This woman had to be known by someone! Why hasn't someone missed her? I would hate to think that this person's family has no clue that she is missing.
I hope authorities find out who she is. She apparently did not work in a job where her fingerprints would be on file, nor could she have had any sort of criminal record or her prints would be in Afis.
Hoping someone will report her missing!

This is building on the ideas that JaneInOz and others have posted...

Theory A:
The killer dumped the toolbox over the hill on purpose, because to him it seemed like the road was in the middle of nowhere and the box wouldn't be found anytime soon. Whoever did this was no hunter, nor did he come from an "outdoorsy" family or he would have been aware that with hunting season underway, someone was going to find that toolbox soon.

I'd love to know more about the toolbox itself. Did it look clean, like it had been purchased brand new for the express purpose of holding the body, or did it have grease stains, dust in the corners around the handles, or any other signs that it had been used for some time by a backyard mechanic? Are there gouges on the bottom from sliding it over a pickup bed as it was unloaded?

Is it even possible that, lacking a pickup, he somehow transported it in the backseat of a car? I say backseat because I can't see him lifting it out of a trunk.

An outdoorsman would know better than to leave a $50+ toolbox seemingly abandoned or lost. No matter what your motive, if you found a jumbo-size toolchest by the road, you're going to open it to look for any sign of the owner's ID so you can return it, hopefully for a reward, or, if you're less honest, find out if there are any expensive tools inside to pawn.

Theory B:
Re: Jane's water theory. The killer was planning on sinking the toolbox in deep water and he already had a specific site in mind where he could back the pickup to the water's edge and unload it. However, when he got there, he panicked because a gate that hadn't been there for summer fishing season was now blocking the road and he couldn't drag the box the rest of the way. He never counted on this and so he threw the box over the hill.

I wonder what bodies of water are nearby that have docks sturdy enough to hold a pickup or at least a flat place with immediate deep water. A typical boat ramp wouldn't work because even after backing the truck into the water, he wouldn't have been able to roll the toolbox into deep enough water to hide it.

Well, that's the thing, There are no lakes around where he dumped the body. So if he panicked, he would've dumped it near the lake instead of driving away, right?

I really think it's someone who panicked and drove into the country to dump the body and wasn't thinking right. I don't think it was a serial killer, I think it was a husband, boyfriend, or lover. I think they killed her in a fit of rage and freaked out when they did it and did the best that they could to cover it up.

I agree that the definitely are not an outdoorsman... I still think the person had help, because there's no way that he would've been able to place that trunk in the back of his pickup by himself.

See, this person can't be a Missourian, IMO. Or at least a southwest Missourian. All the men here who are capable of doing some type of hard labor are also into outdoors type living or they at least KNOW about it. This is not a typical SW Missourian man at all. I think it's someone from Illinois or somewhere further east from here. Maybe from St. Louis.

Well, that's the thing, There are no lakes around where he dumped the body. So if he panicked, he would've dumped it near the lake instead of driving away, right?

I really think it's someone who panicked and drove into the country to dump the body and wasn't thinking right. I don't think it was a serial killer, I think it was a husband, boyfriend, or lover. I think they killed her in a fit of rage and freaked out when they did it and did the best that they could to cover it up.

I agree that the definitely are not an outdoorsman... I still think the person had help, because there's no way that he would've been able to place that trunk in the back of his pickup by himself.

See, this person can't be a Missourian, IMO. Or at least a southwest Missourian. All the men here who are capable of doing some type of hard labor are also into outdoors type living or they at least KNOW about it. This is not a typical SW Missourian man at all. I think it's someone from Illinois or somewhere further east from here. Maybe from St. Louis.

I agree it sounds likely this was someone from St. Louis -- or a military member from Fort Leonard Wood.

I agree it sounds likely this was someone from St. Louis -- or a military member from Fort Leonard Wood.

I agree. Fort Leonard Wood has crossed my mind, too. There's been a couple of semi-high profile murders (that poor woman dumped in that abandoned house is the first one that crossed my mind) from that area lately. Military families are pretty mobile, right? Perhaps she's married to a member of the military and they had recently moved to FLW, which is why her extended family wouldn't miss her.

I agree. Fort Leonard Wood has crossed my mind, too. There's been a couple of high profile murders from that area lately. Military families are pretty mobile, right? Perhaps she's married to a member of the military and they had recently moved to FLW, which is why her extended family wouldn't miss her.

I've been thinking that. It would be easy for a military family member to go missing for a long time before people realized it.

I am shocked that a show like Nancy Grace has not picked up this story. It is such a bizarre crime. It seems like it is something that would capture her viewers attention. I rarely watch tv so maybe she has covered it and I missed it.

Nancy Grace's show should just change its name to the Anthony Family Update Hour.

Ah well Im glad I am not on peoples ignore buttons LOL *i was beginning to wonder as this has happened a couple of times now* lol... :(

Actually my one puter doesnt refresh a page sometimes. I think I have read all the posts, make a reply, then when my reply shows up, there are like 8 others that i didnt see.

also if i have a theory or idea i explain all of it and dont leave out details someone else might have included in their theory. i dont think its fair to not restate things too especially in long threads like the hundreds of Anne Pressly postings.

plus im partly blind (and blonde) so i might miss something

That is funny and I could not agree more!!! LOL

I dont think I saw the Anne Pressly story on NG yet she will replay the same old Anthony phone calls, interview some neighbor that lived 5 streets over 6 years ago etc.

No ones case is more important than any one elses, but some cases get too much attention when its not warranted at the expense of other people. Like the case in question here with the body in concrete.

He didn't have to lift the whole thing to put in the truck. He could have put the tool chest in the back of his truck, put her dead body in it and then the cement. I highly doubt that the chest would have fit into the back seat of a car. I don't think he could have gotten it in the door. He also didn't have to lift it out of the pick up The chest would have slid out very easily. I am also pretty sure he intended for her to go into a lake or river but didn't get that far. IMO

I don't know if anyone has already posted this idea or not ...but I was thinking that maybe whoever did this could have possibly done it alone. If the box was already in the back of a truck before the body or cement was in it, the murderer could place the body in and pour the concrete in the box while it sat in the truck. Then it would not have had to been carried and lifted into the vehicle afterwards and could just be pushed off the edge of the truck. Just a thought...sorry if it is a repeat.

Oops...I see that someone just posted the same thing right before me..

I have not heard back on the emails I sent to the sheriff and I don't want to call my tip in :(

I have not heard back on the emails I sent to the sheriff and I don't want to call my tip in :(

Maura~
Would you like someone to call it in for you?
I do not mind helping you out.
Just let me know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay