MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does it sound like whoever did this was familiar with baby monitors and knew it would make a loud noise?:waitasec:

If the baby was taken by someone who wanted a replacement baby...then yes. Or even someone who has a relative with a baby, or a friend with a child.

After my son was too old to need the baby monitor anymore, my kids played with it. They used it for everything from a pretend office intercom to their own version of spy games with the neighbor kids.

Here's a fact: Lisa's parents have not been named suspects by LE.

I'm a little confused. Why did LE tell Mom that she failed the polograph and then accuse mom of doing something to the child? Here's one link by FOX News. I also saw the mother on FOX news this weekend in an interview say that LE told her she did something to the child. This is what Mom said they told her. Why do think she would say this?

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1206812569001/report-mother-of-missing-baby-failed-lie-detector-test/[/ame]

I apologize if this has been brought up , I am trying my best to keep up! But what really bothers me is this,,, My husband travels for business a lot and I always keep my cell phone near by. I keep it plugged in at night next to my bed, I don't think that is unusual, especially in a home where there is no land line. Also the whole, "I was reprogramming the phones" seems a little strange to me,, everytime I have gotten a new phone they have done that for me at the store..

It did not come from a store, it was a used one from her dad. If they are pay as you go phones, no store would do that anyway. Dozens of posters here have said that they have no land line and do NOT keep the phone by their bed. I do, but am perfectly fine with others who don't choose to.....in the "olden" days, there was usually only one phone in the house and it was almost always in the kitchen area. People survived just fine.....

jmo

I'd know too. Came home one after noon and noticed the slightest thing-- my doorbell switch had been moved, it was in a stuck position...luckily our mailman saw someone trying to enter the house. Mailman yelled at the almost breaker in person and called 911. I had the strangest feeling as pulled into the drive way.

imo

My mom and step dad live in the country and awhile back they were woken up by the doorbell going off non stop. They got up and found the button stuck.

Scares me.

But tell me, is your doorbell a remote one that has no wire from the button to the bell?

Thanks - so we can rule that out. Then why didn't she hear anything, or if she sleeps that soundly, what is the purpose of having the monitor? It is disturbing especially since the baby was reported to be sick.

Unless: see my post re: the model that I used with 2 channels. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7212629&postcount=1238"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MO MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12[/ame]

Wouldn't a ten month old cry when seeing a stranger? I have a ten month old grandchild, she knows me, but is at the age where she just wants her mommy or daddy. If I pick her up, she cries for her mommy or daddy. What about the two step brothers. Are they also heavy sleepers? Did they hear anything? Does anyone know if LE would or has talked to them? I suppose both the mother and the boys are heavy sleepers???Sorry, until the parents can prove otherwise, I doubt their story. As much as we don't want to believe it, parents do bring harm to their children, and those that don't, do not complain when questioned by LE, their only concern is finding their child or children.

I apologize if this has been brought up , I am trying my best to keep up! But what really bothers me is this,,, My husband travels for business a lot and I always keep my cell phone near by. I keep it plugged in at night next to my bed, I don't think that is unusual, especially in a home where there is no land line. Also the whole, "I was reprogramming the phones" seems a little strange to me,, everytime I have gotten a new phone they have done that for me at the store..

Same here, it's by the bed at night, or with me during the day. In this case, unless there was a landline phone in the master bedroom, I cannot understand leaving the phones in the kitchen overnight........not with JI at work, two small children and a sick baby.

MOO

That's what I thought.....one of my sons friends is thin and very athletic....I'm betting he could have jumped up, slid through and been in within a few seconds. In fact, I think he could have even gotten on that ledge, balanced and managed to turn sideways enough to go in feet first if he wanted. Just because some big guy in a uniform made it look hard, doesn't mean that it really is all that difficult.

jmo
True but having a bigger body make it through that window means that someone any size smaller could do it as well. The point is the father is the one who kept saying that no one would be able to do it the way it was when he found it.

We have to remember that nearly every detail we know about Lisa and the events around her going missing has come from stories either told by Mom & Dad or on their behalf. LE has told the public VERY LITTLE.

It did not come from a store, it was a used one from her dad. If they are pay as you go phones, no store would do that anyway. Dozens of posters here have said that they have no land line and do NOT keep the phone by their bed. I do, but am perfectly fine with others who don't choose to.....in the "olden" days, there was usually only one phone in the house and it was almost always in the kitchen area. People survived just fine.....

jmo

Well, in the past, people survived without cell phones and baby monitors and a lot of other things, but the point of those things, when one has young children, is safety, IMO. So why would a mom of a sick baby not have a phone nearby in her closed-up bedroom...I don't understand.

What I heard in the beginning was that she was adding the contacts from her old phone to the new ones. Not sure if that would be referred to as reprogramming.

Initial reports stated "re-programming".

"Bradley said that she had left three cell phones on the kitchen counter, where she had been re-programming the numbers".

I agree, two different things in my mind.

This lady has no clothes for children but she can post something on craigs list with her phone or computer very suspicious

These ads are VERY common for craigslist, every city every day. You would be amazed at what people ask for while they use their phones and computers.

I'm a little confused. Why did LE tell Mom that she failed the polograph and then accuse mom of doing something to the child? Here's one link by FOX News. I also saw the mother on FOX news this weekend in an interview say that LE told her she did something to the child. This is what Mom said they told her. Why do think she would say this?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1206812569001/report-mother-of-missing-baby-failed-lie-detector-test/

LE cannot say much about their investigation, but the mom can say anything she wants to make LE look bad, she wants the public to think that she stopped talking to LE because of the way they were treating her.

I pray, with all my heart, that they find baby Lisa alive and return her to her family. If, she is not alive, I pray they find her soon, too. I really feel one of main reasons that the Casey Anthony trial turned out the way it did, is because of no cause of death. By the time they found her, they had little to go on.

I get so sad over the fact, that in the last five years that I have been on WS, most of the women and children that go missing are NEVER found. NEVER, and so people get by with murder.

Just once I want to see things turn out the way they should, either the missing alive and well, or in the case they aren't I want the perp to PAY to the MAX!

And to add to the O/T convo... over here closer to the middle of the state, I cringe when I see a Kansas license plate with JO in the corner, because a lot of them drive in the left hand lane and believe that no one should ever have a need to pass them (not even the MO State Troopers).

MOO :twocents: AND OFF TOPIC (1st time ever for me!!)
It is the standing here also. Why am I thinking that these media people have Johnson County tags on their personal cars?????

Thanks - so we can rule that out. Then why didn't she hear anything, or if she sleeps that soundly, what is the purpose of having the monitor? It is disturbing especially since the baby was reported to be sick.

By the time a baby is Lisa'a age a parent just can't stay attuned to every little noise, or there would never be any sleep at night for a tired adult. Mobile babies move and make little noises and rustling sounds all night long sometimes. Usually a parent will wake up for a cry, or a sign of distress, or the sound of a baby climbing out of the crib, but not much else.

I'm sure there will be exceptions to this,but I'm speaking from my own experience, and from conversations I've had over the years with other parents about baby monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon