MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing. She said the baby monitor was on. So was it still on when they discovered Lisa missing? An intruder who takes the time to lift three cell phones likely would turn off the baby monitor so the person on the other end couldn't hear anything going on.

If the "mommy" end of our baby monitor is on, and the "baby" end gets unplugged or turned off, mine goes to extremely loud static immediately. Even if the volume is low, it becomes loud enough to hear throughout my 3100 sq foot house.

Has anyone heard how the crib was positioned upon finding the baby gone? A crib rail should be all the way raised up while child is in it sleeping. Now, was it still up when they found her gone? Any crib I have ever leaned over would creak a bit unless I let the rail down. The mom says she had baby monitor on. A creaking crib rail would surely come across on that monitor. Also, it would be difficult to lift a baby that size up and over the side of crib with rail up? This is just another thing that bothers me.

Cribs with moving sides have been outlawed in the US for while now so unless they purchased way before Lisa was born or 2nd hand, I doubt they had a crib with moving sides.

I don't think this has anything to do with the case but I have seen several people make reference today that Deborah is a smoker. How is that known?

Another thing. She said the baby monitor was on. So was it still on when they discovered Lisa missing? An intruder who takes the time to lift three cell phones likely would turn off the baby monitor so the person on the other end couldn't hear anything going on.

If you turn it off....it makes a big static noise on the parents' monitor, and would alert the parent that the monitor in the baby's room has been turned off.

Exactly. Honestly, however, I believe this window is a red herring. First of all, the window screen was bent in from the outside, yet still in the window frame. If an intruder had actually gone into the house through this window, wouldn't the screen be somewhere on the ground, outside? Who would take the time to replace the screen?

:waitasec:

I saw the parents in several short interviews this weekend. The dad said the screen was bent slightly, but that it had not been removed or bent enough for someone to enter through the window.

Regarding the re-enactment of the alleged break-in through the window:

Since the psychological profile of someone kidnapping a baby is likely to be a woman who seeks a baby to raise as her own, why didn't LE have one of those female officers try to climb in the window?

The average male is 5'10" tall. I have no idea how tall those officers were, but they both looked @ least 5'10", and they had noticeable difficulty gaining entry & required assistance.

The average female is, I believe, 5'4" tall. If the female officer who videoed the re-enactment is 5'4" tall, there's no way she would have been able to climb up into that window on her own (without someone giving her a boost or without something to step up onto - and even then, I think it would be very challenging), judging by her height in relation to the windowsill - it was waaaay too high.

Geez - if they're going to do a re-enactment - then at least cover ALL the possibilities.

I am really going outside the box here - post from Craig's list - I know it says boys clothes, and Lisa is big for her age - but - oh, I don't know - it just caught my eye.

NEEDING UNWATED CHILDREN ITEMS CLOTHING AND TOYS PLEASE HELP!!!! (KCMO)

Hi everyone please dont delete my name is Maria i moved and was not able to take everything so i ended up losing alot of my childrens things i am not wotking now but i am looking for employment we are very low on cash all of our money goes torwards bills so if you dont mind not charging pleae give me a call 8163592070 thank you so much i do not have transportation right now i am on th bus please consider thank you so much please do not flag thank you also the sizes are 3t 4t 5t and they are boys ages 3 and 4 thank ou have a blessed day

This ad disturbs me. let the whole world know you need money and have two boys and ask not to be flaged. I hope you flagged it, She can use that number she has to call a chruch group and not strangers on the interenet who might not really want to help but still want to contact her.

Has anyone heard how the crib was positioned upon finding the baby gone? A crib rail should be all the way raised up while child is in it sleeping. Now, was it still up when they found her gone? Any crib I have ever leaned over would creak a bit unless I let the rail down. The mom says she had baby monitor on. A creaking crib rail would surely come across on that monitor. Also, it would be difficult to lift a baby that size up and over the side of crib with rail up? This is just another thing that bothers me.

I was trying to figure out if the crib was a drop side from the pics and I'm not sure. Incidently, ALL drop side cribs have been recalled and are no longer sold. When I did have a drop side crib I never lowered the rail, just reached over and I had a large baby too. I'm 5'2 and never had issues with creaking. If it was a man he probably would have been taller and able to reach up and over with no creaking.

ETA: maybe this is why my back is hurting!

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/national/Police-back-at-home-of-Kansas-City-missing-baby

An interesting take from a former police officer about the re-enactment:

John Hamilton, a former Kansas City police officer who's now an associate professor of criminal justice at Park University, said crime scene re-enactments aren't common but can be valuable in some instances.

"When there's a large amount of evidence there ... the re-enactment thing is probably not a necessity," he said. "What it says to me is they were not able to find much physical evidence at the scene."

A re-enactor likely walked through the house holding a doll about the same size and weight as Lisa to see how an abductor might have navigated the home in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep, he said. The goal would be to find small details that might initially have been overlooked or a trigger that could shift the investigation in a whole new direction.

"I like (re-enactments)," Hamilton said. "They are a different kind of think-out-of-the-box way of approaching things."

This ad disturbs me. let the whole world know you need money and have two boys and ask not to be flaged. I hope you flagged it, She can use that number she has to call a chruch group and not strangers on the interenet who might not really want to help but still want to contact her.

It could also be a coded message about drugs coming in or a single woman who is desperate enough to do anything. On Craig's list anything is possible.

has it been damp or rainy in the area then? I haven't seen anything posted regarding rainfall totals in the area or if there had been recent rains. If there have been, then yes, it is more likely that an intruder would leave footprints, mud. etc.

If KC has been experiencing the drought type weather that many states have this year, then it is just as likely that no footprints/mud, etc were evident.

Any of our locals that could chime in regarding recent rainfall in the area?

It has been relatively dry here. I heard on the news over the weekend that the last rainfall we had was about September 20th. It did rain a bit this morning, but it had been dry for quite some time when Baby Lisa disappeared.

I was trying to figure out if the crib was a drop side from the pics and I'm not sure. Incidently, ALL drop side cribs have been recalled and are no longer sold. When I did have a drop side crib I never lowered the rail, just reached over and I had a large baby too. I'm 5'2 and never had issues with creaking. If it was a man he probably would have been taller and able to reach up and over with no creaking.

Yes, I have been informed I am way out of sinc on modern crib types. My daughter is 19. So, this makes a little more sense. Not muche though. Why leave a mattress so high a baby that size can fall out of? Also, fibers could be tranferred to side of crib as someone lifted her. And I bet the mattress still creak LOL

Regarding the re-enactment of the alleged break-in through the window:

Since the psychological profile of someone kidnapping a baby is likely to be a woman who seeks a baby to raise as her own, why didn't LE have one of those female officers try to climb in the window?

The average male is 5'10" tall. I have no idea how tall those officers were, but they both looked @ least 5'10", and they had noticeable difficulty gaining entry & required assistance.

The average female is, I believe, 5'4" tall. If the female officer who videoed the re-enactment is 5'4" tall, there's no way she would have been able to climb up into that window on her own (without someone giving her a boost or without something to step up onto - and even then, I think it would be very challenging), judging by her height in relation to the windowsill - it was waaaay too high.

Geez - if they're going to do a re-enactment - then at least cover ALL the possibilities.

Can you screen capture that? So I can see the heights you mean. I am 5'4 and can get into a 4 foot high window. Without a boost but the window must be open.

If you turn it off....it makes a big static noise on the parents' monitor, and would alert the parent that the monitor in the baby's room has been turned off.

Yep. And to elaborate further on baby monitors:

I had the kind that had two channels. If the monitor on the baby end was switched to the second channel, I had no clue on my end. I would have thought that it would have made a different noise or loud static as they do when baby's end is switched off. But it did not.

I know this because when my kids were smaller, I continued to use the monitors up til they were nearly school age. They discovered that the monitors were impeding on their ability to get up to mischief and began turning them to the second/alternate channel. It took me forever to figure out what the little boogers were up to. That was when I ended the use of the monitors :) The kids had outsmarted me/them.

It could also be a coded message about drugs coming in or a single woman who is desperate enough to do anything. On Craig's list anything is possible.

I know. It is scary. Some perv can call her and say " Sure, I will take the boys shopping for clothes anytime. Where can I pick them up?"

I don't think this has anything to do with the case but I have seen several people make reference today that Deborah is a smoker. How is that known?

I don't think we know that for sure. I haven't seen any photos of her smoking. But, our verified local said she had seen the family outside a lot, presumably for smoke breaks, IIRC. I believe that's the source of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed